Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

"Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. (2925 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / When She Says No Sex...(funny Pics) / When She Is Not A Virgin And She Says " No Sex Till Marriage ". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Sisikill: 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2008
Oh Grow up

At one time in our lives those words have been flung in our faces (please don't tell me I'm the only one) but what exactly is being “grown up”? Take for instance this little true life situation from a guy’s perspective.

I am currently dating a great girl. She is gorgeous, she can cook like no one I have met, she's smart, funny, and all around a great girl. When other girls hear, or meet, my girlfriend they always get bitter and give me that angry girl look. Why? Because I am almost 30 and she is 21.

On more than one occasion they have gone into a rant about how I need to "grow up", "mature", and how I am trying to "hang on to my youth by dating younger girls." Then these conversations eventually lead into a bitter whine-fest about lack of "real men" or how too many guys refuse to be responsible and grow-up.

I am a University graduate with two degrees, and I currently work in a great career that I love. But in the minds of women, that is not "grown up" or "mature". No, to them I am still a boy because I date younger women and don't want kids.

So here's my question: In a girl's mind, why does the only definition of "growing up" or being "mature" mean getting married to a woman of equal age and popping out kids? And why is it always what the female wants? I hear all these complaints about lack of "real men" willing to settle down and raise a family, but not one of these women take into consideration what the guy wants. What if he doesn't want kids? Is that so wrong? Or what if, God forbid, he doesn't want to get married?

When women get to a certain age, they start to worry about getting married,  they want their white picket fence, their 2.5kids and a dog and if a guy doesn’t give in to these demands, he is dubbed immature, a boy, not willing to grow up.

Are they right or is it Saltiness  tongue
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by NegroNtns(m): 12:21am On Sep 05, 2008
Moremi, nice and refreshing to see something other than bromance, grin Just kidding my dear.

Hey, 30 and 21 is not far apart in my opinion. Those women are envious and had to pin their envy on something, the age gap, though balanced, was a quick and obvious one for them to pick and tear into. Its human nature! If it does not meet our approval then we tear it down with our tongue, forget idealism!
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Akinagirl(f): 12:24am On Sep 05, 2008
To each his own. Not everybody wants the same things out of life.
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by onyinye2(f): 12:26am On Sep 05, 2008
Awwww. . . . . the man really does need to grow up. I mean only a baby boy will give a damn about what folk say about his relationship. Over here whining and balling. I feel sorry for the poor 21 y.o. girl. She has to put with this on a constant basis.

@post
What the woman wants weighs a bit more than what the man wants depending on the couple.
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Sisikill: 12:32am On Sep 05, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Moremi, nice and refreshing to see something other than bromance, grin Just kidding my dear.

Hey, 30 and 21 is not far apart in my opinion. Those women are envious and had to pin their envy on something, the age gap, though balanced, was a quick and obvious one for them to pick and tear into. Its human nature! If it does not meet our approval then we tear it down with our tongue, forget idealism!

*Bows from waist down*
It pleases me that you are pleased, Sensei! grin

@ Topic
Yeah, it's HUMAN NATURE when it is a guy but FREAK OF NATURE when it is a woman. I told one of my friends who is a guy that I wasn't ready for kids and even when I get married, I don't plan on having 'em until at least 2 yrs into the marriage and you could have sworn I just told him I had a body in my freezer with the look he gave me. "What are you talking about? If you are not ready for kids why are you getting married then?". Imagine that! angry
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by NegroNtns(m): 12:33am On Sep 05, 2008
What the woman wants weighs a bit more than what the man wants depending on the couple

Excuse me  angry
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by onyinye2(f): 12:33am On Sep 05, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Excuse me  angry
You have been excused. wink
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Sisikill: 12:35am On Sep 05, 2008
onyinye2:

Awwww. . . . . the man really does need to grow up. I mean only a baby boy will give a damn about what folk say about his relationship. Over here whining and balling. I feel sorry for the poor 21 y.o. girl. She has to put with this on a constant basis.

@post
What the woman wants weighs a bit more than what the man wants depending on the couple.

Rotflmao! Oyinye, I LIKE YOU!!!!!!!

@ Topic
So because she wants something, he must want it at the same time? Selfishness!!
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Sisikill: 12:39am On Sep 05, 2008
Seriously, I think it is STUPID to measure one's grown-upness on whether or not they want kids or get married

You have a job not moooching off others.
You have a place of your own, not slumming with your parents.
You pay your Bills
But because you are not married and have kids, you are immature? Forgetaboutit!
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by NegroNtns(m): 12:39am On Sep 05, 2008
Yeah, it's HUMAN NATURE when it is a guy but FREAK OF NATURE when it is a woman

rotflmao,  I can only respond from a male perspective, and yes you are right about the FREAKY gender.  But you know you are an exception.

When you get a minute please hit me on chat or email Sisi.
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by NegroNtns(m): 12:42am On Sep 05, 2008
You have been excused.
You are not right!!

So because she wants something, he must want it at the same time? Selfishness!!

We are created to be waited on. Oh, Im dead meat for saying that.
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by onyinye2(f): 12:46am On Sep 05, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

You are not right!!
I couldn't be any more right.
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Hannibal: 12:48am On Sep 05, 2008
Sisikill:

Seriously, I think it is STUPID to measure one's grown-upness on whether or not they want kids or get married

You have a job not moooching off others.
You have a place of your own, not slumming with your parents.
You pay your Bills
But because you are not married and have kids, you are immature? Forgetaboutit!

Blame women for the phrase "grow up".
They use it more than men.
As soon as they suspect u are not ready to propose in the forseeable future, they bawl "grow up" with that evil/sonorous voice. cheesy
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Sisikill: 12:49am On Sep 05, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

rotflmao,   I can only respond from a male perspective, and yes you are right about the FREAKY gender.  But you know you are an exception.

When you get a minute please hit me on chat or email Sisi.

Yeah, Yeah. . . it's now about knowing from the male perspective.

Okay.
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Sisikill: 12:51am On Sep 05, 2008
Hannibal:

As soon as they suspect u are not ready to propose in the forseeable future, they bawl "grow up" with that evil/sonorous voice. cheesy

Aaaah Yes, let's blame women for all that is wrong with the world.

Seriously, you guys need to stop the blame game and grow up. grin
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by onyinye2(f): 12:52am On Sep 05, 2008
Sisikill:

Seriously, you guys need to stop the blame game and [b]MAN [/b]up. grin
wink
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by TheSly: 12:58am On Sep 05, 2008
Hannibal:

I'm wid you on this one hommie.
Especially the frustrated parrot-like ones.

Irritants! tongue
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Hannibal: 1:03am On Sep 05, 2008
Sisikill:

Aaaah Yes, let's blame women for all that is wrong with the world.

Who got deceived in Eden by a mere serpent?

Seriously, you guys need to stop the blame game and grow up. grin

When y'all stop, we would follow ur foot-steps.

The Sly:

Especially the frustrated parrot-like ones.

I can't stand those ones.
They moan, gripe, whine, whinge, grunt, grouse, groan and grumble over every little thing.
Em kinds should BABE up.
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by topup: 1:04am On Sep 05, 2008
I'm a little confused about this one. Honestly, if I told a guy to grow up, it would imply that he settle down with one female, who he intends to spend the rest of his life with, if he chooses not to marry, that is his choice, I believe friends are only warning the guy to grow up because it is better to do it now, when you have so many options open to you, when you are older, health and age work against you, you can't change you're mind at the age of 70 to have kids with your 65 years old wife, maybe they are simply telling you that you are at your prime.

I would most likely tell players to grow up and wouldn't bother interfering with any decent guy's life, as long as he is being mature, god centred and sensible it doesn't matter which direction he takes his life.

When a player reaches the age of 30, really it is time to grow up, to finally accept responsibility and behave like a man. To invest in things that don't only benefit you but to help others as well.
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Hannibal: 1:07am On Sep 05, 2008
topup:

When a player reaches the age of 30, really it is time to grow up, to finally accept responsibility and behave like a man. To invest in things that don't only benefit you but to help others as well.

When a player reaches 30?? Why not 40?
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by topup: 1:34am On Sep 05, 2008
30 his closest friends and family will say grow up. When it gets to 40, when people hear his age, even strangers will wonder where the wife and kids are.

It's the culture.
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by Akinagirl(f): 3:46am On Sep 05, 2008
Oh my gosh, this is a silly thread, everyone, GROW UP! hehe
Re: "Oh You Need To Grow Up" She Says "But I Am. . . Right?" He Answers. by spikedcylinder: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2008
Hannibal:

Who got deceived in Eden by a mere serpent?

Oh! That fable again. I'm guessing if the snow white story somehow got its way into the bible, dwarfs would be blamed for all of mankind's problems.

@topic

Sisi, I think the issue usually arises because a lot of men don't state specifically BEFORE the start of the relationship (or whatever) that they would NEVER be interested in marraige, children and the whole picket fence scenario.
Smack dab in the middle of the relationship, they open the can of worms and then women become whinners because they WANT yer know. . . . . .the whole enchilada.

(1) (Reply)

Yes, It Has Happened! / Am Falling Inlove Again But...... / Why Do Unattractive Girls Have Feelins For Fine Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.