Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator (80122 Views)

Etisalat Nigeria Statement On Fuel Scarcity / Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC / Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by mouye(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2008
Guys did u see the ad on tvstations as at yesterday.the chic with a zip on her mouth and
with the slogan "are u ready to talk". Could it be etisalat??

1 Like

Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by malikalhaj: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2008
What is etisalat
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by imhomoh(m): 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
well i think thats Etisalat, cos i read a news paper which stated that they will lunch there newtwork this month. well lets just hope they are the one. Cos i have being hearing alot about them in Asia. If you are watching Channel 2,Action Channel a cable station you will see there adverts.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by pearlyseed(f): 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2008
It is Etisalat.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by imhomoh(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2008
HERE IS THERE WEBSITE http://www.etisalat.com, ALSO THIS IS THERE NAIJA HOME PAGE TOO http://www.etisalat.com.ng/

COMPARE THERE LOGO'S COLOUR TO THAT OF THAT IMAGE ON THE NEWSPAPER AND BILLBOARD, THEY ARE THESAME
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2008
I heard about their coming to Nigeria in June.

Am 'excited' about their arrival.

"Etisalat is an international company providing world class GSM and other telecommunications services in 15 countries across the Middle East and Africa.

Etisalat will offer Nigerians the same quality and service we offer our subscribers everywhere else we operate in the world. Be sure to come back very soon to browse through all our exciting offerings! "

Etisalat has been the leading telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator. Etisalat was the first telecom operator in the Middle East to introduce a mobile phone service – as far back as 1982. Since then it has established itself as a regional pioneer, leading in introducing various products and services including both 3G and MMS as far back as 2003! shocked
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by ceejay80s(m): 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2008
@poster what happen to mtel? Dont get 2 xcited about these mobile network provider, dem no fit offer anything but rubbish.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by femar99(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
I can authoritatively say that the ad is by etisalat.

I learnt the company is owned by Dubai govt. They have 0809 series.

Lets keep our finger crossed and watch as events unfold.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by dragnet: 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2008
then why asking us "are u ready to talk"?? . . .when we already got MTN, Zain, glo, m-tel. .what are we doing with those?? Whispering?! undecided
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by flyuche(m): 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2008
maybe they will give us free calls.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Fadajasi(m): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2008
Ah! Am ready to talk oh,zain and mtn no good,na so so bad service dem dey render
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2008
ceejay80s:

@poster what happen to mtel? Dont get 2 xcited about these mobile network provider, them no fit offer anything but rubbish.

How can you compare a company that has added various services to its network to a company that can't even manage their network.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by ahmedblak(m): 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
etisalat is good,i still have the one i bought since january from dubai with me.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by hayprof(m): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
@drag, u dey talk wit ur phone?

instead na so so fbt.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 11:11am On Sep 07, 2008
Telecom company, Etisalat, will be employing another 400 Nigerians in the customer care, sales and technical departments between now and December this year as it prepares for its commercial launch, Business Day checks have revealed. The company had in the past few months hired a first set of over 400 Nigerians in batches, in the first phase of employments. Some of the new openings will be filled from direct applications to the company's website, while others will be handled by external consultants.
Etisalat will operate the $400 million Unified Access (telecom) licence obtained by the Mubadala Investment Company of the United Arab Emirates in Nigeria.
The company says it will provide world class quality of service, deploy cutting edge technologies on the 3.5 G platform, focus on creating employment for qualified Nigerians at home and . . . more here
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 11:18am On Sep 07, 2008
Etisalat is entering the Nigerian market through a licence obtained in 2007 by the Mubadala Trading & Development Company of UAE. It operates under the corporate name of Emerging Markets Telecommunications Service.

“EMTS is a Nigerian company duly incorporated under the laws of Nigeria in partnership with Mubadala and Etisalat of UAE. Mubadala acquired the Unified Access Licence in 2007. It includes a mobile licence and spectrum in the GSM 1800 and 900 MHz bands for $400 million,” said Belo-Osagie.

Etisalat has already acquired 40 per cent stake in EMTS to operate its brand as Nigeria’s 5th mobile provider.
Stating the company’s vision, Belo-Osagie said: “Indeed, backed by Etisalat’s legendary track record of quality and performance, we are committed to building Etisalat Nigeria into a world class service provider, known for its standards of quality, operational performance and efficiency and admired for its record of consistently creating value for customers.”

Mr. Saoud al-Shamsi, Chief Executive Officer of Etisalat Nigeria amplified the chairman’s statement, noting that the company would only roll out when it was sure the services would meet its own set standards. This was in apparent reference to recent cry by Nigerians on poor quality of service (QoS) being offered by all four operators in the country. The Nigerian Communications Commission, the industry’s regulator recently fined two of the providers for their poor QoS.

We will only launch commercial service here (Nigeria) when we are sure that the QoS will not drop below our expectation. We will launch, but we want to get it right from the first day,” said al-Shamsi.

Al-Shamsi stated that Etisalat has “pioneered technology in different markets, leading our customers and partners into the future. Recent examples include a 3.75G Network which Etisalat rolled out in Egypt (the most advanced in that market). We are majority shareholders in Thuruya, a leading provider of satellite phones. In the UAE, Etisalat offers fixed line services over its Next Generation Network and provides mobile users with a range of services and applications including GPRS, 3G, Blackberry and MobileCam.”

To underline its Middle East influence, the company is ranked 140th by the London based Financial Times Top 500 global Corporations in terms of market capitalisation.

read more here
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 11:23am On Sep 07, 2008
Etisalat Set to Roll out Sept: Etisalat is presently in 15 countries, 10 of them in Africa

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:S9IDhwtr_9S96M:http://www.tra.ae/images/logos/Etisalat.jpg[/img]

NCC Supports Etisalat On Roll-Out Plans

Etisalat Focuses on Customers

Welcome

0809uchoose - Terms & Conditions

* Prospect customers will be able to reserve a personal mobile number from the
0809 8 000 000 to 0809 8 999 999 number range.
* Numbers are reserved on a “first come, first served” basis.
* Prospects need to provide an existing mobile number for authentication. Only one
reservation per existing mobile number is possible.
* Special numbers (bronze, silver, golden) are charged depending on the assumed
subscriber appeal.
* Redemption of the number reserved has to take place by activating an Etisalat SIM card
within 45 days after official commercial launch.
* In order to redeem the SIM, customers have to present the pass code sent through the
SMS notification and the number that they used for reservation.
* Redemption can only take place in announced locations.

Free airtime for life - Terms & Conditions

* The bonus minutes promotion is limited to Etisalat SIMs that have been acquired through the 0809uchoose campaign.
* Initial free minutes are given upon activation.
* Bonus minutes have a validity of 30 days and cannot be transferred to other mobile lines.
* Subsequent minutes are credited 30 days after the previous minutes.
* Crediting bonus minutes will be cancelled.
a) in case no charged event (sent SMS, charged call etc.) has taken place within
30 days.
b) the subscriber changes the tariff.
* Except where stated otherwise, customers on this promotion are not eligible for any other promotion.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Fadajasi(m): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2008
It rolls out this month huh?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by AKO1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2008
Shey it will be cheaper sha, plus internet?

They should be like Glo, who forced everyone to reduce their prices grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by maxjax(m): 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2008
Thats gr8 !!! I als0 learnt that they're g0nna r0ll out 4G netw0rk here in 9ja!
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by MrInfo1(m): 4:42pm On Sep 07, 2008
Wow! that a lot of downloading shocked
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by lynxnoon(m): 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2008
Hmmmmm Etisalat, i heard dey r d highest paid telecomms coy now about 300k/mnth 4 starters shocked shocked
wel i just hope dey wil hv a good internet package undecided
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by flyuche(m): 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2008
Etisalat is a formidable operator. It will make a big difference.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by bydot1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2008
Etisalat, i hope do wont flop like glo,zain,Mtn and co. kiss
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2008
by.dot:

Etisalat, i hope do wont flop like glo,zain,Mtn and co. kiss

I seriously doubt that.

lynxnoon:

wel i just hope dey wil hv a good internet package undecided

With 3.75G launched in Egypt, this should be no exception especially if they are serious with the QOS.

I'll be among the first 100 Nigerians to purchase their sim when they commence.

0809-MUSTAY grin grin
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by UNLEASHED(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2008
Oh I got that kind of advertisement on my hotmail page a mouth zipped in one kind of green leather "Are you ready to talk?". . .So what are they up to??
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by education1: 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2008
Mustay, you are very sure of this guys.Why.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Mustay(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2008
I'm not very sure neither am I sure of them but with they came, itz kinda like the "PATIENT DOG GATHERS EXPERIENCE".

I hope they give MTN a seriious fight in a fair manner.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Fadajasi(m): 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2008
Mtn na network?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by dami9ja(m): 11:42pm On Sep 07, 2008
Are we really ready to talk?
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by Jtlyrics(m): 1:24am On Sep 08, 2008
Beta things tu come i suppose.welcome etisalat.
Re: Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator by flyuche(m): 3:12am On Sep 08, 2008
@fadajasi. haba! MTN is the best all around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

When You Use French Flag As Facebook Profile Pic (photo) / Did You Receive Any Lockdown Bonus From MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile? / Etisalat Introduces Cheaper Call Tariff Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.