Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Nagging Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nagging Husband (15891 Views)

Nagging Wife Vs Cheating Wife: which Do You Think Is Worse? / Nagging Wife — When Nagging Gets Out Of Control / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nagging Husband by fineapple: 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2008
Hi all, I am new here and have been reading thru many interesting topics. I need help. What to do if your husband is a nag? It has been going on for a while now and I am afraid to do things in the house for fear I will break something and the hymn will begin. Please help!
Re: Nagging Husband by idupaul: 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2008
fine-apple:

Hi all, I am new here and have been reading through many interesting topics. I need help. What to do if your husband is a nag? It has been going on for a while now and I am afraid to do things in the house for fear I will break something and the hymn will begin. Please help!

never heard of a nagging husband.
Re: Nagging Husband by manmustwac(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2008
fine-apple what is he always nagging about and what seems to be causing the problems?
Re: Nagging Husband by fineapple: 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2008
maybe husbands do not nag but this one keeps complaining about how inefficient I am with things. not keeping his clothes white enough, driving the car the wrong way, not keeping the lawn mower clean enough, making salty soup ALL the time and that gives him permission to stay out at night. After each misdemeanor there will be at least a 30 minute retraining period and if I speak up during the correction there will be weeks of silence in the house
Re: Nagging Husband by HRhotness(f): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2008
Thats not nagging. . . its bullying and aggression, signs of an unhealthy relationship

1 Like

Re: Nagging Husband by idupaul: 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2008
fine-apple:

maybe husbands do not nag but this one keeps complaining about how inefficient I am with things. not keeping his clothes white enough, driving the car the wrong way, not keeping the lawn mower clean enough, making salty soup ALL the time and that gives him permission to stay out at night. After each misdemeanor there will be at least a 30 minute retraining period and if I speak up during the correction there will be weeks of silence in the house

Are u sure he ur husband or a boot camp drill master.

1 Like

Re: Nagging Husband by ssRhino: 5:01am On Sep 06, 2008
Tell him to do it himself
Re: Nagging Husband by Akinagirl(f): 7:48am On Sep 06, 2008
Then she would never hear the end of it. Wish i could advise you, but I'm stuck on that one.
Re: Nagging Husband by ima1(f): 9:28am On Sep 06, 2008
HR.hotness:

Thats not nagging. . . its bullying and aggression, signs of an unhealthy relationship

i agree, this could lead to him hitting you, if he already hasn't done that.
Re: Nagging Husband by iice(f): 10:07am On Sep 06, 2008
Oh my dayz!! shocked

HR.hotness:

True.

Was he this way before you guys got married?
Re: Nagging Husband by coolier(f): 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2008
Despite all his complaints do you still love him? Because I see 'fire on the mountain'!
Re: Nagging Husband by Morenike3(f): 4:14am On Sep 07, 2008
Scary
Re: Nagging Husband by Abuja1(m): 10:25am On Sep 07, 2008
@topic
try any time you break anything and he is around, quickly say you are sorry and try not to do it agian,and one thing again, if you watch nollywood a lot try and do domestic things in the house instead of tv, lean to understand what make him happy, and believe me he will be the wonderful husband you married some years ago, that's my opinion, HAPPY MARRIED LIFE
Re: Nagging Husband by chisomquee: 8:41am On Sep 08, 2008
hi sis,i feel for you,your weapon silence,prayer and love him more.
Re: Nagging Husband by TOYOSI20(f): 9:13am On Sep 08, 2008
A man that nags, strange,

First off is he gainfully employed, and wat sorta things does he nag about,?

If its very trivial things then something's definitely wrong somewhere, . . . ,

what does he expect u to be doing then. . . .
Re: Nagging Husband by Seun(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2008
Nagging is an addiction; only your husband can cure himself.  And that's if he wants to.

The answer is divorce. A relationship like the one you've described is already dead.
Re: Nagging Husband by MrCrackles(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2008
Nagging husbands are like animals with a mad cow's disease! grin

1 Like

Re: Nagging Husband by naijacutee(f): 10:30am On Sep 08, 2008
@ OP : What is the age difference between you two?
Re: Nagging Husband by manmustwac(m): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2008
fine-apple was he like this before you both got married? Or did he just change gradually like some men do after the wedding? Well whatever the answer its sounds like the beginning of the end of your marriage too me. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nagging Husband by zheroes(m): 10:32am On Sep 08, 2008
@ topic,

am afraid his love for you is cooling off, you guys need to communicate more, is he having problems with his employer? i perceive some frustrations somewhere, thats an assignment for you to go find out where.
Re: Nagging Husband by carmelily: 10:44am On Sep 08, 2008
naijacutee:

@ OP : What is the age difference between you two?

lol. that shouldn't be a problem where there's love and understanding.

@poster, he seems to be having a rethink about your marriage and is expressing his dissatisfaction in abusive ways. Also, do you guys bond on other levels such as sports, indoor games, watching movies together, dates etc? You guys need to see a marriage counsellor asap to redeem your precious marriage. All the best.
Re: Nagging Husband by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 08, 2008
its not un common

i have an uncle that 'nags'
always has a comment abt everything
dont mind his business
he'll be the first to mentiion abt how expensive pepper is
or how we dont eat after 4pm in our house
or is this how u watch TV in ur own home
and on on on
my aunt just ignores all those statements whilst the rest take a deep breath and smile

1 Like

Re: Nagging Husband by tonyxxx(m): 11:29am On Sep 08, 2008
don't know what to say about dis. . . . . just try avoiding anything that pisses him off & look for a way to make your relationship more intimate else he might be looking for it somewhere else.
Re: Nagging Husband by ula(f): 11:31am On Sep 08, 2008
was he like that b4 marriage, becos if he wasnt then there is competition. he is fancying another woman and comparing you both
Re: Nagging Husband by Pennywise(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2008
Not sure how long you ve been married and hence how much and how well you understand your husband.

But what you said hardly suggest a rocky marriage.It sounds like your man is concerned about things being done correctly, personal discipline and determined to drive his point home.All these can be traced to the kind of upbringing he 's had. Do not mistake his behaviour with that of some lily livered  whimp who though is fed up of the marriage does not have the courage to say so.

You must not listen to people like seun only to regret later. Most men with short fuse like your husband can be very passionate and deep in their love for spouse. See it as a weak point of his and even accept blame when you are right sometimes and you will have >60 yrs of marital bliss together.

1 Like

Re: Nagging Husband by Blackcat(f): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2008
Is he Black or White?

1 Like

Re: Nagging Husband by slyk2(m): 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2008
husband nagging?
na correct YAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Re: Nagging Husband by Bluesteps(f): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2008
Well for me I think they guy is just tired of the relationship.
So he is looking for a way to get out.
On the other hand it could be tht u are really doing sumthing tht is annoying him.

But if its tht he is getting toired and bored am afraid there is little or nothing u can do except if God intervenes.
Re: Nagging Husband by chusben(m): 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2008
there should be a reason for that and beside is not men's word. if a man nags that means is the wife that is in control in that house, always be the adam.
Re: Nagging Husband by PurestBoy(m): 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2008
Nagging husband kee, he be goat? wetin man pikin no go hear for this nairaland
Re: Nagging Husband by luvli(f): 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2008
@poster
u need prayers. marriage has never been a bed of roses. this is probably one of the storms in ur marriage that u seriously have to win. it will pass. just hold on there!

if he hasn't bin like that since marriage, make it ur priority to find out wat his frustrations are. avoid them and improve on ur duties as a wife. he will come around.

prayers works wonders!
Re: Nagging Husband by biggozz(m): 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ Poster, I would advise you not to seek advice over sensitive issues like this at Nairaland. Reason? because a lot of people here are in worse condition than the proverbial blind man that tries leading the blind, you would simply asilmilate a dose of distorted and unhealthy views.
And it is so embarrassing that Seun is making such a wrong contribution.

Find a good marriage advisor, and my piece is that you communicate more with ur husband to know what he has not told you that gets him angry and be the virtous woman, prayerfully handle it, it will get better.
Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! / Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? / Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.