Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,276 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:02 PM

Who Is The True "muslim Lady" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is The True "muslim Lady" (1398 Views)

Tips To Win The Heart OF A Muslim Lady / Can A True Muslim Leave Islam? / Who Is A "true Muslim Man"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2008
Well over years i have seen muslim ladies and noticed that people tend to only classify a "true" muslim lady by the way and manner in which she dresses but not actually based on her strong religious believe and character (i.e not missing the 5 daily prayers, keeping chaste, and of good bahaviour).
Well i will like to know who the true MUSLIM LADIES are.

I wouldnt mind the registering their presence in this thread as i will like to meet them and have some USEFUL discussions with them.

TO EVERY MUSLIM IN THIS FORUM I WISH YOU A BLESSED RAMADAN. may all your worship towards Allah and good deeds towards manking be recorded as an act of ibadah.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by MissyB1(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2008
This board is for christains.
You know where to meet ur brothas and sis. smiley
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by olabowale(m): 7:22pm On Sep 06, 2008
@Missy B: Thanks for speaking the truth. I wish that David who is denying this fact, that the mother board of religious section of nairaland is now, accepted as a Christian forum board!
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by pilgrim1(f): 7:33pm On Sep 06, 2008
Amazing. I've been gone for so long that I didn't realize the changes until I read the above.

I wonder why then we have to keep reminding Muslims to plot their graphs to their motherboard instead of constantly straying away into the Christian motherboard! Do we take it to mean that that is a sign of deep discontent within their own corridors that they must necessarily stray away from their own? grin
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by olabowale(m): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2008
Suppositions and more suppositions! The truth of the matter is that reality is reality. Assumptions do not translate to realities, always.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by MissyB1(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2008
olabowale:

@Missy B: Thanks for speaking the truth. I wish that David who is denying this fact, that the mother board of religious section of nairaland is now, accepted as a Christian forum board!
I meant there is also a place for muslims and this particular space is for christains.
Look above the religion sec page for confirmation.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by pilgrim1(f): 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2008
Missy B:

Look above the religion sec page for confirmation.

Lol. cheesy
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by olabowale(m): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2008
@Missy B: I quite agree with you. My statement is rhetoric to Davidylan about his past statement about this board. By the way, no one is stopping the non-muslims from contributing in the so called muslim board. Its a free world, with the essential element is simply, telling the truth, even when youre in disagreement.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by pilgrim1(f): 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2008
olabowale:

By the way, no one is stopping the non-muslims from contributing in the so called muslim board.

What then necessitated the Muslim motherboard? And why then has it been so difficult for our Muslim friends to keep to what they mooted and deliberated in the first place?

olabowale:

Its a free world, with the essential element is simply, telling the truth, even when youre in disagreement.

That is a recommendation one would hope applies heavily to our Muslim friends - especially when they make allegations against the teachings of the prophets and yet are unable to square up to such allegations.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by BOMANY: 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2008
I agree with my Christian bro and sis, Muslims should stay in their section as CHRISTIANS MUST STAY IN THEIR SECTION. Just give a look to the Muslims' section to see the answer. undecided undecided
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by BOMANY: 12:04am On Sep 07, 2008
talknafree:

Well over years i have seen muslim ladies and noticed that people tend to only classify a "true" muslim lady by the way and manner in which she dresses but not actually based on her strong religious believe and character (i.e not missing the 5 daily prayers, keeping chaste, and of good bahaviour).

I totally and strongly agree with you. First, I believe Islam is the only religion that has come to stop completely judging or convicting people by other people on matters that don’t concern them and made it very clear that apart of committing crimes, No one has right to judge others on any level.

Second, Islam taught us to perceive others on the ground of what they are doing and leave what in their hearts to God. The prophet, God's Blessings and Peace Upon Him, Said ALDEEN ALMO'AMALAH, meaning treating, dealing, conducting or behaving with or to others is the religion. So if you are treating them bad, you are bad person and if you are treating them good, you are a good Muslim.
However, as we, Muslims, got backwardness in everything and copied the westerners in everything, we converted Islam into outward or external appearance,as Christians turned Xmass to just celebration by food and dinking wine, while we left back the real teachings of Islam which includes;

FEAR NOTHING AND NO ONE BUT GOD.  SACRFICE FOR OTHERS AND GOOD DEEDS ARE REWARDED ONLY THE PARADISE BY GOD. SOLIDARITY WITH POOR AND OPPRESSED PEOPLE IS THEIR RIGHT ON REAL MUSLIMS, NOT GRANTED. GOD CREATED ALL MAN KIND EQUAL AND NO ONE HAS ADVANTGE ON OTHERS FOR HIS COLOUR, RACE OR WHATEVER. WHOEVER SLEEPS WITH FULL TOMMY WHILE HIS NEIGHBOUR IS HUNGRY IS NOT A MUSLIM. WHOEVER CHEATS IS NOT A MUSLIM. A MUSLIM CANNOT EVER TELL ALIE, CHEAT, OR BREACH A TRUST. GOD LOVES SERVANTS WHO DO THEIR WORK PERFECTLY.  BLESSED BE WHO IS WELL-BEHAVED, HIS CHARACTERISTIC OR NATURE IS PURIFIED, SPENT GENEROUSLY FROM HIS MONEY FOR OTHERS' BENEFIT AND TREAT OTHERS FAIRLY EVEN ON HIMSELF. THE BEST OF THE PEOPLE IS THE BEST FOR PEOPLE.

In fact, there is no enough space to tell only the main real Islamic teachings, yet most of us do not carry on it.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by blackkabir: 9:32am On Sep 09, 2008
@pilgrim: are u now saying there is no room for muslims to have a forum in nairaland or what are u trying to insinuate?
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by Frizy(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2008
Features of a True Muslim Lady (Arranged in preference)
1. She must encourage her husband to practice Jihad. i.e "Honey, when will you go for your shooting lessons?"
2. She must avoid listening to music. e.g Toni Braxton, Jay Sean, W. Houston and co.
3. She must not smoke cigarette when using the hijab or when not.
4. She must love Allah and Mohammed than her husband.
5. She must not be the girl who loves having boyfriends.
6. She must never engage in fruitless discussions. i.e Her friends will like to talk about a guy who they may really love but only gossip and speak ill of him by decribing his foolishness.
7. She must have a clean bath after her cycles.
8. She must not sleep too much nor watch nollywood when idle.
9. She must not intend to be a gold-digger.
10. She must not for one time think that girls with "Aristos" will ever make Paradise.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by reindeer: 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2008
oga friz
about the nollywood part, is that in the holy koran or thats just your take?
so can she watch hollywood or bollywood? cheesy
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by Nimshi: 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2008
Frizy, your list is hilarious.

As for the music, what about, say, Asa? That's bad too?

Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by Frizy(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2008
reindeer:

oga friz
about the nollywood part, is that in the holy koran or thats just your take?
so can she watch hollywood or bollywood? cheesy

You make me laugh. The Koran does not make mention of hollywood and the rest but the only thing profiting is that you watch something relating to science,history and politics of religion. Something that does not make the mind wonder away from the path prescribed. Things like Big brother, fame academy and idols are just sh*t. A waste of my precious time. A typical Yoruba film showing a man sacrificing a cow or a woman having to bow to some false god in the pretext that that is the way of the Yorubas; there is a great sin in watching and believing in it. Also, that Genevie girl who uses her charms to create false hopes on how a relationship should be is another deciet. You never gain much from such things.
So indeed of my Muslim lady watching films that may be of distraction, I will advice her to be part of my business, think on how we could affect the lives of people in need and make friends with people who wont corrupt her.

Nimshi:

Frizy, your list is hilarious.

As for the music, what about, say, Asa? That's bad too?

Well music is condemned in Islam, I hardly listen to it, and whenever I do for just 5mins, I usually feel confused or dizzy. That's a way Allah uses in chastising those who have made pledges with Him but fall short for just a moment. Asa as you say means cultural practise, Islam does not condemn the good in a culture but all those dances from Shekiris and Fulani/Sokoto women showing all their parts or the display masquerade in the name of ancestoral practice is hated by Allah. But most men do not know. To live up to the challenges we face you need to be constant with the teaching of the Koran, that is the only way you can distinguish the evil from good.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by Nimshi: 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2008
Frizy:
Well music is condemned in Islam, I hardly listen to it, and whenever I do for just 5mins, I usually feel confused or dizzy. That's a way Allah uses in chastising those who have made pledges with Him but fall short for just a moment.

Confused or dizzy by listening to music? What music gives you these feelings? And, I agree, 'music' could be punishment. Sound could be used in disorientation. But, could you share what sort of music makes you confused and dizzy?

Asa as you say means cultural practise, Islam does not condemn the good in a culture but all those dances from Shekiris and Fulani/Sokoto women showing all their parts or the display masquerade in the name of ancestoral practice is hated by Allah. But most men do not know. To live up to the challenges we face you need to be constant with the teaching of the Koran, that is the only way you can distinguish the evil from good.

Oh! Er, I wasn't on about Culture in particular, although Àsá is about culture too, but about traditional Yoruba culture. Then I guess you've not heard her piece of music. She's a blessing to Nigeria and music; we'll be praying for her not to lose her way like a few have done. You could try her music; you could just like it, or, it could end up not being your thing. There're a few other young artistes that's attracted my attention. These are exciting times, just when you'd think it was all going down the drain, a genius like Àsá emerges; she's not the only one though.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by Frizy(m): 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2008
Nimshi:

Confused or dizzy by listening to music? What music gives you these feelings? And, I agree, 'music' could be punishment. Sound could be used in disorientation. But, could you share what sort of music makes you confused and dizzy?
Gone are the days. I used to listen to boybands like the backstreet boys and linkin park. But their instruments are very incompatible with my hearings now. I listen to the Koran or lectures instead, since I noticed I don't belong to the secular world. Am "counter" most of the generally accepted ideologies that are not in conformity with Islam. So when you have stop doing something for long, you're not just used to that again.

Oh! Er, I wasn't on about Culture in particular, although Àsá is about culture too, but about traditional Yoruba culture. Then I guess you've not heard her piece of music. She's a blessing to Nigeria and music; we'll be praying for her not to lose her way like a few have done. You could try her music; you could just like it, or, it could end up not being your thing. There're a few other young artistes that's attracted my attention. These are exciting times, just when you'D think it was all going down the drain, a genius like Àsá emerges; she's not the only one though.

Well, I don't know her, and as I said Asa, idris, Fela and co are just not me. Typically, I have a dream of going into serious things like politics so I don't like to reason in the sense of the youth culture but as a man with the objective of reforming the society.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by Nimshi: 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2008
Frizy:

Gone are the days. I used to listen to boybands like the backstreet boys and linkin park. But their instruments are very incompatible with my hearings now. I listen to the Koran or lectures instead, since I noticed I don't belong to the secular world. Am "counter" most of the generally accepted ideologies that are not in conformity with Islam. So when you have stop doing something for long, you're not just used to that again.

Ok; that's understandable. To what ideologies do you refer in the post above?

Well, I don't like I know her,

Well, I don't understand you here.

and as I said Asa, idris, Fela and co are just not me.

I've heard the name Idris, I don't think I could identify the music(ian). But Fela, I know; a rare creative mind; he's of course no more with us.

Typically, I have a dream of going into serious things like politics so I don't like to reason in the sense of the youth culture but as a man with the objective of reforming the society.

You have noble aspirations. If you truly wish to solve problems, then you must open your mind to understand the world, and particularly, to understand those who don't agree with you. You may find this useful in politics: there'll be conflicting interests and influences, you must manage them. Reform also means being innovative. That involves the use of the part fo the brain that's used for play; so getting too serious could be detrimental. Listening to music is useful. You need to stimulate your brain; play and fun and music are useful for that. If you'D want to be a remarkable politician who'll affet the lives of people for good, then you need to relax and widen out, meet people, engage conflict, and entertain 'strange' ideas. By dealing with things like this, you get better as a person.

You could avoid potentially harmful 'youth culture' by being selective. I am also selective in the music I listen to. First, one can't listen to everything. And, I have a bias for music from Nigeria; I'm a fan of oldies; lots of them are sensible. But there're three or four young talents that've caught my fancy. If I like the music, then I try to support the musician, especially if they're young.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by Mustay(m): 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2008
Some truth ther Nimshi
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by mybad: 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2008
@mustay
Since you have decided to lock the other thread for reasons best known to you, my last post has been moved in here as you requested.
I hope the “hikmah” shared by zayhal won’t be missed here and ayinba’s words of encouragement too.

I know Zayal is married and with children too but ayinba who is single isn't in the best position to give words of advise in this issue because although single, i have a wealth of experience in the marriage institution.
Infact, i doubt if I’ll encounter any trouble-training ladies before they are married off to their husbands.

I agree with both of you in the area of not knowing a lady's character until one starts living with her.
I however believe that you cannot be entirely objective in a topic like this since you are both Muslim ladies.
About courtship and dating, it is allowed in Islam except if you don't want to agree with me.
Besides, the world has changed by far and you can't compare the women of the days of the Prophet with the women we have now.
Forgive me but amongst our Hijab wearing sisters you'll even find characters that are quite demeaning.

In my Arithmetic class in high school, a topic called probability states that when you pick one egg from a basket containing 60 bad eggs and 40 good eggs, the chance that you have picked a good one is 40/100 and the remainder is your chance of having picked a bad egg.
Common sense also states that if you don't want to live the rest of your life with a bad wife when you have the chance of making the decision.
Why not take your time in selecting a good woman?
The fact that one is not a perfect person does not affect a choice of partner.

If you would want me to tell you all about my courtship experiences you'll come to realize that i have come a long way with the Hijab and those that adorn themselves with it.
I have not said that there are no Muslim sisters that have emulating characters; I’ve just not been lucky to have them.

Marriage is a commitment and relationship that starts between two parties in this world and will continue Insha Allah in Paradise together.
If a healthy family is sought after in a marriage, then "Deen" should be the first thing to look out for in a woman followed by wealth, beauty, rank, character, compatibility etc.
All these traits cannot be determined without getting close to the Woman.
The Prophet (SAW) even enjoined us to take a good look at the woman if in doubt of her hidden parts, I mean her skin, hair etc. (correct me if am wrong)
It is allowed to see her skin from the elbow region to her fingers.
However, all these should be done with close supervision.

You must remember that the Holy Quran enjoins us to select partners who are good and pure.
"Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity "(Quran 24:26)
I do not support the idea of "sampling" but i don't see how the mere sights of a woman portrays her personality.
The hijab, i respect so much but i have since met women who have rubbished the image of this sacred clothing and am left to wonder what else to seek for in a woman if i don't get to know her well.
The details of my experience i will not bore you with, but i assure you that even as am not a perfect person.

I am objective in my decisions and tender in my ways.
I have never at any time entered into a relationship that i didn't see a future for and my intentions have always been a search for someone with whom I will build a family.
If it has not worked out, it is not because i am imperfect but because i have always pitched tents with those women in the Ummah who seek for nothing but the impossible.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by babs787(m): 8:52pm On Oct 14, 2008
Salam

I stumbled on this

Chapter 1: The Muslim Woman and Her Rabb

The Believing Woman is Alert in faith and awareness in fearing Allah
She is Obedient to the commands of her Rabb
She is a true slave of Allah
She Worships Allah
She regularly performs the duties and good deeds required by Islam
She Accepts the Will and Decree of Allah
She Regularly Prays Five Times a Day
She May Attend the Jama‘ah (Congregational) Prayer
She Attends ‘Eid Prayers
She Prays Sunnah and Nafil Prayers
She Performs Her Prayers Properly
She Pays Zakah on Her Wealth She Fasts During the Day and Prays at Night in
Ramadhan
She Observes Nafil Fasts
She Goes on Hajj to the Sacred House of Allah
She Goes for ‘Umrah
She obeys those who are in authority over her
She Feels a Sense of Responsibility for the Members of Her Family
She Does Not Sit Alone With a “Stranger”
She Wears Correct Hijab
She Avoids Mixing Freely With Men
She Does Not Shake Hands With a Non-Mahram Man
She Does Not Travel Except With a Mahram
She Turns to Allah in Repentance
Her Main Concern is the Pleasure of Allah
She Understands the True Meaning of Being a Servant of Allah
She Works to Support the Religion of Allah
She is Distinguished by Her Islamic Character and True Religion
Her Loyalty is to Allah Alone
She Enjoins What is Good and Forbids What is Evil
She Often Reads the Qur’an

Chapter 2: The Muslim Woman and Her Own Self

1 – Her Body
Moderation in Food and Drink
She Exercises Regularly
Her Body and Clothes are Clean
She Takes Care of her Mouth and Teeth
She Takes Care of Her Hair
She Takes Care of Good Appearance
She Does Not Go to Extremes of Beautification or Make a Wanton Display of
Herself

2 – Her Mind

She Takes Care of Her Mind by Pursuing Knowledge until death as knowledge is an
obligation
A Muslim Woman Needs to Know basics regarding deen is
Quran,Hadith,Seerah,Islamic History,Fiqh
A Muslim Women’s Achieves wisdom in the Field of Knowledge In General as long
as Shariah approves such knowledge.
She is not Superstitious
She Never Stops Reading and Studying

3 – Her Soul

The Muslim Woman polishes her soul through worship
She Keeps Company with Righteous People and Joins Religious gatherings
She Frequently Repeats Du‘as and Supplications Described in Quran & Ahadith

Chapter 3: The Muslim Woman and Her Parents

She Treats Them with Kindness and Respect (Birr)
She Recognizes Their Status and Knows Her Duties Towards Them
She is Kind and Respectful Towards Her Parents Even If They are not Muslims
She is Extremely Reluctant to Disobey Them
Her Mother Comes First, Then Her Father
She treats her parents’ friends well
She shows her kindness and humility towards her parents by not using words of
contempt nor repelling them

Chapter 4: The Muslim Woman and Her Husband

She knows importance of Marriage in Islam
She follows the guidance of Islam in her married life
She Chooses a Good Husband
She is Obedient to Her Husband and Shows Him Respect
She Treats His Mother and Family with Kindness and Respect
She understands her Husband and respects his feelings
She helps him to make up for his failings and weaknesses
She knows how to strike a balance between pleasing her husband and treating
her In-laws with due kindness and respect
She Endears Herself to her Husband and is Keen to Please Him
She Does not Disclose His Secrets
She Stands by Him and Offers Him Advice
She Encourages Him to Spend and Give Charity for the Sake of Allah
She Helps Him to Obey Allah (subhanawatala)
She Fills His Heart with Joy
She Makes Herself Beautiful for Him
She is Cheerful and Grateful when She Meets Him
She Shares His Joys and Sorrows
She Does not Look at Other Men
She Does not Describe Other Women to Him
She Tries to Create an Atmosphere of Peace and Tranquility for Him
She is Tolerant and Forgiving
She is Strong in Character and Wise
She is One of the Most Successful Wives
She does not divorces without a valid reason

Chapter 5: The Muslim Woman and Her Children

She Understands the Great Responsibility that She Has Towards Her Children and
Teaches them Islam
She Uses the Best Methods in Bringing Them up such as love
,compassion,understaning their psychology , attitude and also correcting and
guiding them.
She Demonstrates Her Love and Affection for Them
She treats her sons and daughters equally
She Does not Discriminate Between Sons and Daughters in Her Affection and Care
She Does not Pray Against her Children
She is Alert to Everything that May Have an Influence on Them
She equally treats all her children
She Instils Good behavior and Attitudes in Them

Chapter 6: The Muslim Woman and Her Sons and Daughters-in-Law

A – Her Daughter-in-Law has Islamic values,high character .and Her Attitude
Towards her Daughter-in-Law,she treats her as her own daughter,as a family
member.
She Knows how to Make a Good Choice in Selecting a Daughter-in-Law commitment
to Islam, and to be of a good and balanced character
She Knows Her Place treats her daughter-in-law properly and fairly in all
circumstances and at all times,matters may run their natural, peaceful course
unaffected by misguided whims and desires and governed instead by religion,
reason and wisdom
She Gives Advice but Does not Interfere in Their Private Life
She Respects Her and Treats Her Well
She is Wise and Fair in her Judgement of her Daughter- in-Law

B – Her Son-in-Law

Her Attitude Towards her Son-in-Law
She Knows How to Make a Good Choice in Selecting a Son-in-Law religious
commitment and character you are pleased
She Respects and Honours Him
She Helps her Daughter to be a Good Wife to her Husband
She is Fair, and is Never Biased in Favor of Her Daughter
She Deals with Problems Wisely

Chapter 7: The Muslim Woman and Her Relatives

She knows Islamic View of Kinship Ties
The Muslim Woman Upholds the Ties of Kinship According to the Teachings of
Islam
She Maintains the Ties of Kinship Even if Her Relatives are not Muslims
She Fully Understands the Meaning of Upholding the Ties of Kinship
She Maintains the Ties of Kinship Even if Her Relatives Fail to Do So

Chapter 8: The Muslim Woman and Her neighbors

The Muslim Woman is Kind and Friendly Towards Her neighbors
She is the best of people in his dealings with his neighbors
She Adheres to the Islamic Teachings Regarding Good Treatment of neighbors
The true Muslima is tolerant towards her neighbor
She Likes for Her neighbors What She Likes for Herself
She Knows Misery that befalls humanity because of the lack of true Islamic
morals and manners
She Treats Her neighbor in the Best Way that She Can
Her generosity is directed towards both Muslim and non-Muslim neighbors
She Starts with the neighbor Whose Home is Closer to Her Own
The True Muslim Woman is the Best neighbor
She knows Bad neighbor is a Person Who is Deprived of the Blessing of Faith
She Knows Bad neighbor is a Person Whose Good Deeds are Not Accepted
She Knows a true Muslim is careful to avoid falling into sin where his
neighbor is concerned
Her Good Treatment of Her neighbor is not lacking and is Enough
She Puts up with Her neighbor’s Mistakes and Bad Treatment
She does not give tit-for-tat
She knows his neighbor’s rights over him

Chapter 9: The Muslim Woman and Her Friends and Sisters in Islam

She Loves Her Friends and Sisters for the Sake of Allah
He Knows the great Status of Two Who Love One Another for the Sake of Allah
She Knows the Effect of Love for the Sake of Allah on the life of the Muslims
is essential for unity
She Does Not Forsake or Abandon Her Sister
She is Tolerant and Forgiving
She Meets Them with a Smiling Face
She is Sincere Towards Them
She has a natural inclination towards kindness and faithfulness
She is Kind to her sisters
She Does not Gossip About Them
She Avoids Arguing with Them, Making Hurtful Jokes and Breaking Promises
She is Generous and Honours Her Sisters and prefers over herself
She Prays for Her Sisters in Their Absence

Chapter 10: The Muslim Woman and Her Community/ Society

She Has a Good Attitude Towards Others and Treats Them Well
She is truthful & avoids giving false statements
She is Concerned About the Affairs of the Muslims
She chooses works that suits her Feminine nature
She Strives to Reconcile Between Muslim Women
She Repays Favours and is Grateful for Them
She does not cheat, deceive or stab in the back
She is not envious
She is sincere & gives sincere advice
She keeps her promises
She has a good attitude towards others and treats them well
She is characterized by shyness (Haya’)
She is gentle towards people
She is compassionate and merciful
She is tolerant ,forgiving and generous
She is easy-going in his business dealings
She is of cheerful countenance
She has a sense of humor
She is patient
She avoids cursing and foul language
She does not falsely accuse anyone of fisq or kufr
She is modest and discreet
She does not interfere in that which does not concern her
She refrains from backbiting and slandering the Honour of Others and Seeking
Out Their Faults
She avoids giving false statements
She avoids suspicion
She keeps secrets
She does not converse privately with another person when there is a third
person present
She is not arrogant or proud
She is humble and modest
She does not make fun of anyone
She respects elders and distinguished people
She mixes with people of noble character
She strives for people’s benefit and seeks to protect them from harm
She strives to reconcile between Muslims
She calls people to the truth
She enjoins what is good and forbids what is evil
She is wise and eloquent in his da‘wah
She is not a hypocrite
She does not show off or boast
She is Moderate with Regard to Her Clothing and Appearance
She is straightforward and consistent in his adherence to the truth
She repays favors and is grateful for them
She mixes with people and puts up with their insults
She tries to make people happy
She guides others to righteous deeds
She is easy on people, not hard and Does Not Bear Grudges
She is fair in his judgment of people
She does not oppress or mistreat others
She loves noble things and always aims high
Her speech is not exaggerated or affected
She does not rejoice in the misfortunes of others
She is generous
She does not remind the beneficiaries of his charity
She is hospitable
She prefers others to herself
She helps to alleviate the burden of the debtor
She is proud and does not beg
She is friendly and likeable
She checks her customs and habits against Islamic standards
She follows Islamic manners in the way she eats and drinks She greets with
Islamic greeting i.e salam
She does not enter a house other than her own without permission
She does not look into other people’s houses
She sits wherever she finds room in a gathering
She avoids yawning in a gathering as much as she can
She follows the Islamic etiquette when she sneezes
She does not imitate Men
She Does Not Seek the Divorce of Another Woman so that She May Taker Her Place
She visits the sick
She does not wails over dead.
She Does not attends funerals
Edited version is above.

Source :With Quran and hadith references

Read online http://www.wefound.org/idealmuslims.htm

Surah Isra 17 verse 80 Say: "O my Lord! let my entry be by the Gate of
Truth and Honor and likewise my exit by the Gate of Truth and Honor; and grant
me from Thy Presence an authority to aid (me)."

Ameen,Thumameen.
Transliteration :Wa qur rabbi adkhilni mudkhala sidqiw wa akhrijni mukhraja
sidqiw wa-j'al li mil ladunka sulta_nan nasira_(n).
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by zayhal(f): 8:56pm On Oct 14, 2008
tanks babs.
I have the book. 'The Ideal Muslimah 1 & 2
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by mybad: 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2008
babs787:

Salam

I stumbled on this
[b]

@babs787
Haba Mallam,
You shouldn't have copied the whole book.

Anyway, it goes to show that alot is expected of the Muslimah.
More like the world depends on their acts of Ibadah.

The Muslimah has alot to contribute to salvage the Duniyah.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by babs787(m): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2008
@Mybad

@babs787
Haba Mallam,
You shouldn't have copied the whole book.

I had to do that so that you would have a look at it and use that to choose your life partner since you are still single cheesy. It answers questions on choosing a life partner, your duty towards her, hers towards you, to the community etc
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by ayinba1(f): 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2008
@mybad

ayinba1 is married I wonder what I said that made u think otherwise but definitely not an expert on marital affairs. wink

@babs

Thanks for your post
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by zayhal(f): 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2008
@mybad

salam alaykum. Thought you said this site isn't opening. Perhaps, it's your link?
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by mybad: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2008
babs787:

@Mybad

I had to do that so that you would have a look at it and use that to choose your life partner since you are still single cheesy. It answers questions on choosing a life partner, your duty towards her, hers towards you, to the community etc

@babs787
All this is not about me being single, its about building a near perfect society through our women.
Its a collective responsibility too,so don't be left out.
Besides,how old were you when you did your Nikah?

@ayinba1
Its a good thing that you're married.
Often times i wonder what am missing being single, i know you don't want to hear this.
Anyway,life isn't interesting when its a straight road.
The beauty of life lies in the number of holes and bumps on your way up.
Life as a single muslim is really very trying but its only preparing me for the good days of matrimony.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by zayhal(f): 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2008
mybad:

@babs787
All this is not about me being single, its about building a near perfect society through our women.
Its a collective responsibility too,so don't be left out.
Besides,how old were you when you did your Nikah?

@ayinba1
Its a good thing that you're married.
Often times i wonder what am missing being single, i know you don't want to hear this.
Anyway,life isn't interesting when its a straight road.
The beauty of life lies in the number of holes and bumps on your way up.
Life as a single muslim is really very trying but its only preparing me for the good days of matrimony.

@mybad
It's high time we did something about your bachelorhood. Even though I don't really like internet matchmaking, I feel inclined to come in here.
I have a number of good muslim sisters. If you're interested, mail me.
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by mybad: 9:32am On Oct 22, 2008
zayhal:

@mybad
It's high time we did something about your bachelorhood. Even though I don't really like internet matchmaking, I feel inclined to come in here.
I have a number of good muslim sisters. If you're interested, mail me.

The Qur'an (4:21) refers to marriage as a mithaq, i.e. a solemn covenant or agreement between husband and wife, and enjoins that it be put down in writing.
Since no agreement can be reached between the parties unless they give their consent to it, marriage can be contracted only with the free consent of the two parties.
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

” The widow and the divorced woman shall not be married until their order is obtained, and the virgin shall not be married until her consent is obtained." (AlBukhari)

Am all for your idea, I’ll appreciate a good Muslimah only if she consents to a relationship.

“If I have but ten days to live I will love to marry so as not to meet Allah as a celibate”
Ibn Masood (RA)
Re: Who Is The True "muslim Lady" by focused123(m): 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2009
A true muslim lady is the one who :

(1) Dresses like a domesticated animal viz the Hijab, Jibab or Niqab

(2) Is not seen and heard

(3) Will never shake a man (sheer hypocrisy)

(4) Is ready to carry out Jihad (Suicide Bombing) and will encourage her husband and all her children to carry out Jihad (suicide bombing)

(5) Will not add any value to the home other than act as a baby factory

The Muhammedan looked upon their women as an object for sexual gratification and procreation.

4:34   Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other and because they support them from their means.  Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard.  As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct admonish them (first) (next) refuse to share their beds, beat them ; but if they return to obedience seek not against them means (of annoyance): for Allah is Most High Great (above you all)

4:43 "Believers, approach not prayers with a mind befogged or intoxicated until you understand what you utter. Nor when you are polluted, until after you have bathed. If you are ill, or on a journey, or come from answering the call of nature, or you have touched a woman, and you find no water, then take for yourselves clean dirt, and rub your faces and hands. Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving." 

***The Quran claims women are unclean and polluted; worse than dirt ***

"A woman is like a PRIVATE PART. When she goes out, the devil casts a glance at her"

That is why women in Muhammadan Islam have to be covered from head to toe because every square inch of their body is like a genital which would arouse the uncontrollable sexual desires of the Muhammadan males.

In reality, all these rules are designed to totally control the Muhammadan females by their male counterparts through alleged 'revelations' from Allah thus sanctifying these abominable, immoral, unjust and inhumane rules.

Muhammad's attitude towards women shows a man with an obscene degree of INGRATITUDE towards any and all those who helped him throughout his life.

It is a FACT based upon the Hadiths, that WITHOUT the FINANCIAL, MORAL and PSYCHOLOGICAL support of his wife Khadijah, Muhammad's life would have been totally obsecure and he would NOT have been able to succeed beyond being a shepherd.

Her impact upon his life is IMMEASURABLE because without her, neither Muhammad nor his legacy would have made such an impact upon history.

Muhammad, in return and true to form, shows his gratitude and repays her sex back with the most degrading, humiliating and insulting attributes

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Muslim? / Saudi Man Survived 13 Days Stranded In Desert By Eating Two Of His Four Wives / I Slept Off Today Without Eating Sahur Can I Proceed??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.