Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,453 members, 7,801,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

"Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! (13457 Views)

Poll: Should Pastor Tunde Bakare's political utterances be taken seriously?

Yes: 47% (71 votes)
No: 52% (77 votes)
This poll has ended

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / Who Will Pastor Adeboye Bless Now:Pastor Osinbajo Or President Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Raimond(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
Barely 72 hours after the arrival of President Umaru Yar’Adua from Saudi Arabia, where he had gone for surgery, Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos, has asked the president to resign and return home to Katsina State.

Bakare, who is generally regarded as an intrepid and straightforward preacher, said he could no longer keep silent, like all the other men of God in the country, in the face of chaos that is threatening to engulf the nation.

Pastor Bakare, who was preaching, yesterday, on the topic ‘The Downward Spiral of a Culture That Excludes God’ thundered: “I want you to live, but go home. We did not vote for your wife. Katsina is waiting to receive you. Umaru go home! Presidency is not a birthright neither is it hereditary.”

He added that because of the sensitive nature of the prevailing situation, in the event that the president leaves office, the Vice-President, Goodluck Jonathan, should be constitutionally sworn in to take over from Yar’Adua.

“But after he is sworn in, the Supreme Court could quash the election and the Senate President could rule for three months and another election could be conducted. Then there would be a president who would ensure steady progress.”

He declared that this was the ultimate solution to the problem the President’s illness has caused the whole nation.

The outspoken man of God, however, said it was not all about the illness. According to him, President Yar’Adua does not know what it takes to be a president, while he also stressed that there had been presidents who were able to rule their countries in the past even on wheelchair.

“How can we remain at a standstill? If the president has done anything at all since he came to power, he has put the country in reverse gear. Must we continue to fold our hands and sing ‘everything is going to be alright’? The country is in chaos. We are about to hit a tornado.“I am not a prophet of doom. The nation is at a standstill and no good nation would be on a standstill because one person is sick.”

He added that he’s one of those who prays ceaselessly for Yar’Adua to succeed, but not in the manner things are going now. “If anyone desired him to rule, I did. For the first time since I came of age, I called someone (Yar’Adua) my President because of his pedigree.

“I will support whoever God wants to be there and when God says it is over, I will be the first to blow the whistle,” Pastor Bakare said.

According to him, the failure of effective leadership in the country is the direct result of the failure of clergymen to speak the truth to those in power in the country. Rather than tell those in authority the truth, he said, men of God now have a way of deviating and preaching prosperity to their already impoverished congregation. “What are we now doing, including the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria? We are all saying let us pray for the President. When he was not sick what did he do? When you exclude God from the scheme of things and you privatise power, that is what happens,” he said, stressing that “the prevailing situation is like that of a messed up man with a messed up family coming to a messed up pastor of a church or churches in a messed up society producing a messed up nation.”

Bakare concluded by singing a song along with the congregation that Nigeria would flourish again as God is sending the “real president to liberate the country in no distant time.”

Meanwhile, After much speculations about his state of health, President Yar’Adua, this morning, resumed in his office at Aso Rock, Abuja. Among those who visited the president, this morning, were some governors and relatives. They include Governors Murtala Nyako of Adamawa and Alhaji Abubakar Idris of Kogi State. P.M.News also gathered that Yar’Adua will, this afternoon, decorate new service chiefs in his office.

http://thepmnews.com/2008/09/08/resign-now-pastor-bakare-tells-yaradua
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2008
isn't this the same Bakare that claimed Yar adua was of God?? Or am I wrong here??
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Raimond(m): 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2008
That`s why i put up the post,because i remember that as a fact-i`m trying to see if i can dig it up!!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by MrCrackles(m): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

isn't this the same Bakare that claimed Yar adua was of God?? Or am I wrong here??

he his the same hypocritical idiot!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by idupaul: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Pastor made an error and he is amending now cheesy
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2008
Whether the pastor made an error or not, Yaradua should pack and go home.

Katsina is waiting for you sir! cool
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Raimond(m): 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2008
A Pastor`s word should be Bond and he a should be careful what he utters,especially when he claims he heard from God,otherwise he`ll end up with a confused congregation.

He told us Yar`Adua was God-sent,now he has suddenly turned out to be the author of Nigeria`s confusion.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by SkyBlue1: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2008
LOL, but doesn't this just echo the Nigerian situation of leadership and pride even in churches? This whole issue of power, leadership and pride that leads to self aggrandisation whereby governors who have done nothing to warrant respect demand it and want to be called "oga sir"and be showered with praises and the so called "men of god" want to be called prophets hence seem to play 'guess what happens next'. In Nigeria nothing seems to be off limits to these traits and what is most worrying is when all these so called "prophecies" are ascribed to have been received from God himself, direct, no go slow or due process. Just seems a microcosm of a larger aspect of the Nigerian situation and psyche.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by McKren(m): 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
He may be a hypocrite, but the truth does not turn into lies because it was spoken by a hypocrite

Yar'adua has no business being in Aso Rock, he has no clue what it is all about

I hope the supreme court will spear us this stress and sack this administration.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by idupaul: 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2008
but the truth does not turn into lies because it was spoken by a hypocrite

hmm u gt wisdom bro
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2008
Raimond:

A Pastor`s word should be Bond and he a should be careful what he utters,especially when he claims he heard from God,otherwise he`ll end up with a confused congregation.

He told us Yar`Adua was God-sent,now he has suddenly turned out to be the author of Nigeria`s confusion.

Very sad situation with these pastors. Seems God is AlWAYS to blame in Nigeria.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Ibime(m): 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2008
If I go to a church and the pastor starts preaching about politics, you can be sure I will never return to that church.

Religion and politics don't mix. Pastors will tell you to support a narcissistic mass murderer as long as he is trying to pass some of 'Gods Laws' into the constitution. Religion gave us George Bush.

Pastor Bakare, STFU!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Raimond(m): 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
I`m personally not comfortable with Yar`Adua as president,considering his physical frailties, and seeming lack of control over the nation`s affairs.I don`t need a vision to know that the man should take a bow. (He  shouldn`t hand over to Goodluck either--the dude seems to be a clown- cum -puppet. grin
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Reese1: 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2008
He added that he’s one of those who prays ceaselessly for Yar’Adua to succeed, but not in the manner things are going now. “If anyone desired him to rule, I did. For the first time since I came of age, I called someone (Yar’Adua) my President because of his pedigree.

“I will support whoever God wants to be there and when God says it is over, I will be the first to blow the whistle,” Pastor Bakare said.

Well, going by the above, he didn't deny supporting the guy.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by RibaduFan(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2008
too much talk, let's do something about it.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by idupaul: 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2008
too much talk, let's do something about it.
do somtin about what?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Raimond(m): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2008
Reese1:

“I will support whoever God wants to be there and when God says it is over, I will be the first to blow the whistle,” Pastor Bakare said-Well, going by the above, he didn't deny supporting the guy.

I beleive his support for the guy was based on what he `forsaw`.Or was it a `blurred` vision. tongue
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2008
Reese1:

Well, going by the above, he didn't deny supporting the guy.

The situation here is he announced in the beginning that the man was annointed of God ( or something of the sort) to be the president of Nigeria. So if he truly believed the man was of God from the beginning, has God suddenly changed his mind? Or was the pastor wrong in the beginning?

I happen to be one of those who never saw the reason for his election as president from the beginning. I do not care how sick he is, there have been cases of sick men making good presidents in the past and so that has never been my reason for announcing the man was never qualified from the beginning. His own resume speaks volumes when it comes to reasons why the man is not necessarily a good leader and so may not be the man to lead the nation. Bakare, in his case, announced the man's presidency was annointed by God. So what happened? Did God fail Nigeria yet again?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Reese1: 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2008
I don't know in what context he was speaking to the congregation but he had no business telling them that Yar'Adua is God-sent or any politician for that matter. The pulpit is not the place to be trumping your political 'revelations'.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Raimond(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2008
Reese1:

I don't know in what context he was speaking to the congregation but he had no business telling them that Yar'Adua is God-sent or any politician for that matter. The pulpit is not the place to be trumping your political 'revelations'.

Methinks same!
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2008
Reese1:

As one who believes that God still works as he did back in the old testament days, I do not necessarily see anything wrong with a preacher declaring what God tells him to declare. Just that in the case of these pastors, their God seems to make a whole lot of mistakes and that makes me question their reasoning. Is this really God or some pompous men who continually put their foot in their mouth so as to be heard/noticed?
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Raimond(m): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

As one who believes that God still works as he did back in the old testament days, I do not necessarily see anything wrong with a preacher declaring what God tells him to declare. Just that in the case of these pastors, their God seems to make a whole lot of mistakes and that makes me question their reasoning. Is this really God or some pompous men who continually put their foot in their mouth so as to be heard/noticed?

grin
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by follypimpi(m): 7:25pm On Sep 08, 2008
we need an half cast like obama to help 9ija,lol
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by RibaduFan(m): 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2008
fortunately am an half cast
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by Raimond(m): 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2008
Donald Duke shudav been president,now see what we have cry
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by McKren(m): 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2008
Raimond:

Donald Duke shudav been president,now see what we have cry

He was my candidate, but our country was simply not hopeful enough.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by teeboyy: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ Brash

he his the same hypocritical idiot

That was too MUCH for a man of God, Atleast, if you don't respect him try and respect His God. Start PRAYING FOR FORGIVENESS OF SIN
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by RibaduFan(m): 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2008
@teeboyy

May God bless u
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by idupaul: 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2008
teeboyy:

@ Brash

he his the same hypocritical idiot

That was too MUCH for a man of God, Atleast, if you don't respect him try and respect His God. Start PRAYING FOR FORGIVENESS OF SIN
[/quote

shut up there, una don come again, who told u to speak for pastor.
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by kean09: 7:41pm On Sep 08, 2008
angry
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by teeboyy: 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ idupaul

shut up there, una don come again, who told u to speak for pastor.

And who told you i was speaking for Pastor? Was only talking generally.
And i definately know he will be your brother. PAGAN
Re: "Resign Now!", Pastor Bakare Tells Yar’adua! by shamass77(m): 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2008
FRANKLY, I THINK PASTOR BAKARE IS MORE OF A CONFUSED LAWYER THAN A DOOMSDAY SEER. HAS HE FORGOTTEN SO SOON? WAS HE NOT THE ONE WHO CLAIMED YAR'ADUA WAS OF GOD? HABA!!! SEE HOW PEOPLE CAN HIDE UNDER THE SHADE OF SPIRITUALISM TO DECIEVE OTHERS. TOO BAD.
AS FOR BROTHER PRESIDENT, HE SHOULD LEARN TO MANAGE INFORMATION VERY WELL. REMOVING BABAGANA KINGIBE WILL NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE. IT WILL RATHER CREATE MORE TENSION IN THE PRESIDENCY. I REST MY CASE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Insecurity Is A Test From God' - Sheik Abdulwaheed Sulaiman, Aso Rock Imam / Judiciary Workers To Join Planned Labour Strike / Expect EndSARS-Like Protest – PDP Warns Buhari Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.