Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. (8448 Views)

SPARE KEYS, REMOTES AND COMPUTERIZED AUTO DIAGNOSTICS / Camry And Corolla Keyless Entry Remotes! / Honda Accord 2003-2008 Key Remotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2008
[size=14pt]Have just bought a used car with only one Transponder Key
Do you have only one original Remote for your car or lost the only one you have?
Do you have a broken or cracked Key Remote? [/size]

Your problems are over. Just give us a call on 07057222508
or send a mail to mykeys@mykeyroom.com for replacement solutions.
Watch out for our soon to be launched website.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2008
[size=13pt]We offer you what your local used car dealer will not offer you.
Transponder Keys and original Remotes replacements for your cars.[/size]

Just give us a call on 07057222508 or send a mail to keys_remotes@yahoo.com to get yours.

Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 10:43am On Sep 12, 2008
The use of vehicle Transponders was introduced as a result of the German Insurance bodies refusing to underwrite vehicles that did not have some form of passive electronic immobilisation. The passive meaning that no action had to be undertaken by the user to 'arm' the system.

A Transponder system comprises two primary components being the processor/interrogator and a microchip (transponder) embedded within the head of the key. The processor usually interacts with the fuel injection and varied other vehicle electronics systems.

When an attempt to start the vehicle is made, the interrogator sends a burst of Radio Frequency (RF) energy - at a defined frequency - to an antenna which usually surrounds the face of the ignition cylinder. As the transponder contains a tuned circuit matched to the frequency of the RF burst, a small voltage is generated by induction within the transponder chip. Whether this charges a capacitor I don't know, but the result is that the induced voltage causes the transponder chip to emit, by RF, it's individual code number - a thirty two (32) digit number, which can also contain alfa numeric characters.

If the processor recognises the returned code number, it then allows the starter motor, fuel pump and/or fuel injection systems to function, and allow the vehicle to start.

Watch out for more "talk" on Transponder Keys and Keyless Remotes.

Just give us a call on 07057222508 or send a mail to keys_remotes@yahoo.com to get yours.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 9:05am On Sep 13, 2008
Transponder Keys and Remotes for Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Acura, Mazda, Lexus and lots more are available.

If you have broken Remote Keys, you can also get new shells.

Your problems are over. Just give us a call on 07057222508
or send a mail to keys_remotes@yahoo.com for replacement solutions.

Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 13, 2008
I don't know about the keys for Japanese cars.

But, German cars, Audi, VW, BMW and Mercedes have a different set-up.

They employ a "rolling-code" type.

So, each time you use the remote / try starting the car, the code is different.
So, you can't reprogramme a spare key, even if you have the original one.

VAG / BMW / Mercedes-Benz do not give out their codes, I myself can reprogram VAG car keys up to 2001.

Anything newer, and the revolving codes makes this virtually impossible.

Can you code keys that employ revolving codes?
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by femzy(m): 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2008
keyremotes:

[size=11pt]The use of vehicle Transponders was introduced as a result of the German Insurance bodies refusing to underwrite vehicles that did not have some form of passive electronic immobilisation. The passive meaning that no action had to be undertaken by the user to 'arm' the system.

A Transponder system comprises two primary components being the processor/interrogator and a microchip (transponder) embedded within the head of the key. The processor usually interacts with the fuel injection and varied other vehicle electronics systems.

When an attempt to start the vehicle is made, the interrogator sends a burst of Radio Frequency (RF) energy - at a defined frequency - to an antenna which usually surrounds the face of the ignition cylinder. As the transponder contains a tuned circuit matched to the frequency of the RF burst, a small voltage is generated by induction within the transponder chip. Whether this charges a capacitor I don't know, but the result is that the induced voltage causes the transponder chip to emit, by RF, it's individual code number - a thirty two (32) digit number, which can also contain alfa numeric characters.

If the processor recognises the returned code number, it then allows the starter motor, fuel pump and/or fuel injection systems to function, and allow the vehicle to start.

hmmmm, T-E-K-I-N-O-L-O-G-Y grin grin
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2008
Siena:

I don't know about the keys for Japanese cars.

But, German cars, Audi, VW, BMW and Mercedes have a different set-up.

They employ a "rolling-code" type.

So, each time you use the remote / try starting the car, the code is different.
So, you can't reprogramme a spare key, even if you have the original one.

VAG / BMW / Mercedes-Benz do not give out their codes, I myself can reprogram VAG car keys up to 2001.

Anything newer, and the revolving codes makes this virtually impossible.

Can you code keys that employ revolving codes?

Nobody has the technology to do rolling codes apart from manufactureres and dealers of vehicles that employ the rolling code.

Until researchers are able to go round the rolling code techonology such keys will continue to be programmed by dealers.

We focus mainly on American spec cars which are daily flooding the Nigerian market. And a couple of other cars.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by gr8child(m): 9:44am On Sep 14, 2008
Cool. How much does it cost to replace the transponder or keyless remote for a japanese car?
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by KDK(m): 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2008
Make una reply na. How much will it cost to put a new one in car without one?
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2008
KDK:

Make una reply na. How much will it cost to put a new one in car without one?

Sounds like you've got your lines crossed.

Are you talking about retrofitting keyless entry to an older car?
Because, that's what your post seems to suggest.

Besides, why not give them a call? He's placed contact details on this page, email and 'phone.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by KDK(m): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2008
Wetin be all these grammer? Who get him line crossed? The question implied what I wanted if not you wouldn't have deduced it. Abi na 'cos u dey uk? Abeg o o . What is difficult in posting the price? If i no wan call am or write am nko?

My brother, no be fight o o o, just be say that ur tone seemed supercilious. I dey waka.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2008
KDK, sorry you feel offended, it wasn't my intention.

The poster posted details to contact him, because unlike car dealers on here, he's offering a unique service.

I also offer a unique service, so my prices will vary from car to car, and based on individual customer requirements.
Which is why I won't post prices here, because I find it a lot easier to speak to my customers, and get a "feel" of what they truly want.

There are too many variables, to post prices based on a forum request.
Especially when prospective clients do not give explicit details.

You requested "Make una reply na. How much will it cost to put a new one in car without one?"

I'm trying to be helpful - your request is too vague to give any sort of accurate response to, the term "Japanese car", which the previous poster used is rather broad, covers Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan, Daihatsu, Subaru, Mazda, Lexus etc. Prices will vary, it's not "one price suits all".

It also sounded like you wanted to retrofit keyless entry to you car, which of course, is a completely different ball game.

Wasn't bashing you, and again, my apologies, if it came across as such.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by KDK(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2008
Abeg Sir, no vex, I just dey kid around. I will call you as per prices for fixing a car in naija. I dey paddington sha.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2008
KDK, no worries, peace! cool
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2008
@gr8child and KDK

Guys, thanks for your interest in my services.

Just like Siena has said, I am offering a unique service which makes it impossible to post any price on the forum. There are a lot of variable involved in the pricing but, I can assure you that our prices are better that what our local competitors can provide.

Thanks a million Siena for your words.

Like I have requested, Just give us a call on 07057222508
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by DeepZone: 2:10am On Sep 15, 2008
How much for 2004/5 honda accord or 2005 toyota camry remotes and transponders?
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 8:08am On Sep 15, 2008
DeepZone:

How much for 2004/5 honda accord or 2005 toyota camry remotes and transponders?

Please you need to do me an email.

Also indicate the VIN of the Camry [/b]because there are about 5 versions of the 2005 Toyota Camry from the USA.
For the [b]Honda
, is it 3 buttons or 4 buttons.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by waoosa(m): 11:55am On Sep 15, 2008
Got your mail and I 've replied. I called your mobile number posted here but no response.

I need a spare key and remote for Honda CRv 2002.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 12:50pm On Sep 15, 2008
waoosa:

Got your mail and I 've replied. I called your mobile number posted here but no response.

I need a spare key and remote for Honda CRv 2002.

Hello Wale,
We already have your order.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2008
We can help solve your problem

Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 7:29am On Sep 17, 2008
This is how transponder chip sits inside the bow of your key.

Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2008
Remote Key shell replacements.

Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2008
Lexus

Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by lordimpaq(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2008
lexus??, me thinks that is a toyota logo
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 8:42am On Sep 26, 2008
Vehicle cannot be hot wired.

If your vehicle is fitted with a transponder technology ignition and you have only 1 key, you are in grave danger of being stranded.

Getting duplicate keys made with non-transponder blanks will do you no good other than they may open the doors and trunk but will not start the car, if your happen to lose your key.

If the on board computer computer of your car does not receive the correct key identification response when the key is turned to the on position, it will not start. No fuel, no spark, no starter. You won't be going anywhere. (Vehicle cannot be hot wired.)

Delay can be costly, make that all important call or send that mail right now.

Give us a call on 07057222508
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2008
[size=13pt]What is an Automotive Keyless Entry Remote System?[/size] by: Mike Hobbs

In 1983 this was a question millions of people were asking car manufacturers around the country. However if this is the first time you've heard of the Automotive Keyless Entry Remote System, let us explain. Have you ever seen someone walking to their car and push a button on their key ring to unlock the doors? That's all that we're talking about here, but having the technology for it in the early eighties was simply fascinating.

So How Does It Work?
Basically it all works by broadcasting radio waves from your remote system to the vehicle. While this is standard in many different technologies out there today, back then it was simply a new innovation. In today's world there are specific encryptions which will keep hackers from trying to intercept the signals and ultimately steal your vehicle.

Without going into all the computerized technology these Keyless Entry Remote Systems will open and lock your vehicle's doors. They can also open the trunk or even sound an alarm if you notice someone snooping around your vehicle. Anytime you push one of the buttons on your key fob, you can expect the car to make an alternate noise or visual. It may be the sound of the horn beeping a couple times, flashing headlights, or even the hazard lights turning on and off. This keeps you from continuously pushing the buttons and possibly damaging the system.

Popularity and The Future
Over the years car companies have realized the popularity of Keyless Entry Remote Systems. It seems that almost every new car purchased today is presented with key fobs to make your life easier. In fact around 85%-90% of vehicles made are required to implement this technology in the new vehicles due to competitors. Eventually you will see all of them providing this to consumers around the world.

Newer versions have more features available like telling you the car is low on fuel. Others may let you know when the vehicle doesn't have the correct air pressure in your tires, which translates into decreased gas mileage. Then of course there are RKE systems that can start your car in the morning to warm it up before work. Everything is gearing society towards the future as well as helping everyone combat car theft. All of these benefits wrapped into one remote, who would have guessed it right?

The Possible Downfall
While we researched relentlessly to try and find the negative aspects to Keyless Remote Systems, we really couldn't find any. The only downfall to these devices is simply preference. Some systems have the buttons sticking out where they could accidentally be pressed while in your pocket.

When it's all said and done the future is here and has been for several years regarding Keyless Entry Remote systems. Making our daily lives easier is what technology is all about.
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2008
Nissan

Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2008
it's real

Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2010
[size=28pt]We run a one stop shop.
BUY, CUT, PROGRAMME AND GO.
IN JUST 45 MINUTES.

IT CANNOT COME BETTER THAN THIS.
[/size]
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2010
[size=13pt]In the past 2 years of our operation,
we have served over 500 clients
(and still counting) who have
all left our premises with a bigger smile
on their faces.

Why not be part of the growing group of
happy Nigerian?[/size]
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by FIRIKI(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2010
I installed a new brain box in my 2000 model Grand Cherokee Laredo.  The brain box does not recognise the car key and as result the engine runs for a couple of seconds before it cuts off the ignition.  Can you fix this problem?
Re: Transponder Keys And Keyless Entry Remotes. by keyremotes(m): 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2010
FIRIKI:

I installed a new brain box in my 2000 model Grand Cherokee Laredo.  The brain box does not recognise the car key and as result the engine runs for a couple of seconds before it cuts off the ignition.  Can you fix this problem?
Sorry we do not do Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge brands.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Vin Checks - 10 / Repair Samsung Galaxy S5/S6/S6 EDGE/S7/S7 EDGE/S8 (BEST PRICE GUARANTEED) / 3 units Of 2007 Model Toyota Camry Sportz Toks Full Option Selling Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.