Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,722 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

~top Best 20 Courses~ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ~top Best 20 Courses~ (2378 Views)

Opinion: These 20 Courses Should Be Scraped From Our Universities / Top Best Polytechnics In Nigeria 2014ranking / Top Best Private Universities In Nigeria - 2014 Universities Ranking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

~top Best 20 Courses~ by Region(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2008
Sup all, i wud like Y'all to list the top best 20 courses in order of thier piority. That can be studied in our Nigeria university and would give a big catch in the labour market. I mean marketable courses. Bless Y'all!
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 10, 2008
Divinity Or African religion, You would quikly get a job in the labour market.
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by mj(m): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2008
Let me tell you something, in Nigeria today what you study does not matter what matters most is the grade you come out with at the end of the day. If I study Agriculture and come out with 1-1 and you study Accounting and come out with 2-1, I will be consider for employment wherever we go to, first. Zenith Bank will offer me employment first than you who study a financial course, why because of my 1-1. Whatever you decide to study just be the best at it, i mean come out with a good grade. C ya.
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by Region(m): 11:11am On Sep 10, 2008
@ mj, i don't agree wit u to some extent, wat has Agriculture (farming) got to do with banking (money transactions)?. Where would you be placed in the banking world?
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by mj(m): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2008
@Region, my uncle is the zonal director UBA Micro finance bank Lagos state, He always tells me that, whatever I decide to study does not matter but the grade does. Last month they told me that he just employed a guy that got a first class at Sokoto University despite studying something not related to banking. My uncle wife read Agriculture at Unilorin but she is working at Intercontinental bank, what do u think about that? Lets face it, in Naija that i know, your grade is your power. Takia.
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by Region(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2008
@mj, Dis is really funny, bt i think u're ommitting sumtin nd datz "good grade and connection". It's not as easy as u've stated it. @ darefestus na which one be Divinity or African religion--never heard of that b.4, u sure say e dey Brochure. Well, that's by the way, i haven't gotten any list yet abeg forumites let's help our selves out top best 20 courses. More views pls!
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by mj(m): 11:29pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ Region, when it comes to what i'm talking about, there is nothing like connection. You only need connection when you dont have the required grade. If you know of anyone that has first class in any field, send the CV to mikejoe4real@yahoo.com and I tell you, i'll get that person into UBA.
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 11, 2008
[color=#000099][/color]honestly i wouldnt hv agreed with mj but hv had a close encounter, i hv a friend who studied petroleum processin in pti but he gained employement in uba without any connection.so grades matter alot just be excellent at whateva u study.h-o-l-l-a[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by Region(m): 10:04am On Sep 11, 2008
@mj, Tanx for ur contribution. Jst collected ur mail.
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by eluma(m): 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2008
connection, people, connection! your grade? your course of study? those donsnt mean shit! hell! whats this? aint y'all nigerians? to get a job, you gotta know somebody. period!!
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by Tolujoseph(m): 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2008
am a student of the university of lagos what the other guy said is right it doesnot matter what you study the most important thing is the grade u come out with now in my school different banks are now pasting posters seeking for students with a gp of second class and above for employment and it doesnot need to do with wat you study, even the bible says that : look at aman that is diligent in his business he shall stand b4 kings and not b4 mere men" So the only thing you nned is diligence
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by mj(m): 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ToluJoseph, thanks man.
Re: ~top Best 20 Courses~ by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2008
My dear @eluma,we all know that the nigerian factor counts but it is not out of place to fortify yourself by acquirin good grades.i as a graduate would not like to be managed or attached in company were i will become somebody's slave as long as i keep the job.what i beleive is that if i am qualified for a job and make it through the prescribed test then i can hold the job without any connection or whatsoever.h-o-l-l-a

(1) (Reply)

Solve Maths / Laspotech Post- Ume Form / Does Unical Sell Pre Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.