Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Glo Going Against Etisalat? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Glo Going Against Etisalat? (2128 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Going Against Etisalat? by Scopium: 10:17am On Sep 10, 2008
[size=13pt]Etisalat came with a teaser showing a zipped mouth. Later the ad one liner which says 'Nigerians, Are You Ready To Talk?'
This morning I saw a Glo ad in the papers saying 'We've Been talking'
Glo is going against Etisalat. There's nothing wrong with competition but this is rather too direct. If it's Ruggedman and Modenine you'll probably call it a punchline. They did the same thing with MTN. What do you think about Glo's approach?[/size]
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by OOLUSOGA(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2008
every network is trying to promote her own products.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by Scopium: 10:25am On Sep 10, 2008
OOLUSOGA:

every network is trying to promote her own products.

[size=13pt]I know that, but what about the manner they go about it?[/size]
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by ayusman16(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2008
I believe Nigerians are smarter now with better options. Most of us have tried all the networks and know their strengths and weaknesses. What makes u think any emerging network wont experience the same problems whic others had when they started. Only time will tell!
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by viceb: 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2008
Glo is trying to show themselves as the Nigerian brand.
I cherish the contributions they have made to the Nigerian
content in the telecom industry.

I don't use Glo but I hail them.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by Aiyetunje: 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2008
It would be 9ice to see Etisalat come against Glo. . . Etisalat says Now u can talk, Glo says We got people talking!

There's a lot more coming in the next months, years. . . There will be a lot of clashes - a starting point is their color branding,its quite similar. Glo was revolutionary - per second billing, N1 SIM, 2.5G network, MMS to mention a few BUT Etisalat is also bringing its A game - making people get the opportunity of unique numbers, FREE SIMS, Free airtime, all this before even commercial launch. Glo sees & probably knows dat Etisalat can give them a good run, at least from their showing in Egypt, so they are scared!

Lets wait & see - we hope that we the consumers will benefit!
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by neksummi(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
What ever it is, we want to be better for it.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by peace4me(m): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2008
Yes, I know there will be serious competition now. We need one that can give better, cheaper rate and a good internet services at a lower cost. Let the competition continue.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by UNLEASHED(m): 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]Etisalat came with a teaser showing a zipped mouth. Later the ad one liner which says 'Nigerians, Are You Ready To Talk?'
This morning I saw a Glo ad in the papers saying 'We've Been talking'
Glo is going against Etisalat. There's nothing wrong with competition but this is rather too direct. If it's Ruggedman and Modenine you'll probably call it a punchline. They did the same thing with MTN. What do you think about Glo's approach?[/size]

And is there something ridiculous about that?
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by dragonigga(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
Let dem continue to compete & let's wait and see how cheaper and better they can go with their service. U know!
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by dejsmiles(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2008
it's good and I know we need more of them to make the competition hotter.You it's for our good.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by NaijaEcash(m): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2008
Their fierce competition is to consumer's profit. I look forward to more competition driving cost of communication down and forcing quality service up.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by dre101(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2008
NaijaEcash:

I look forward to more competition driving cost of communication down and forcing quality service up.
WORD grin
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by SOJ(m): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2008
UNLEASHED:

And is there something ridiculous about that?

Its simple - Glo established itself at the onset as THE solely Nigerian brand that was for all Nigerians regardless of class or status,,,now a fresh operator is coming out with taglines that directly oppose their brand idea,,, " 0809aija" sure they are bound to react somehow,,,they just want to protect their brand positioning dats all,,,

Glo has been doing this for a while esp when MTN or the former Vmobile attempt to push themselves 4ward as Nigeria's brand;so this isnt any different
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by iukpe: 9:07am On Oct 02, 2008
I THINK THE COMPETITION IS WELCOME. THE MOBILE PHONE ERA HAS BROUGHT AN EXPERIENCE FOR NIGERIANS WHERE PRICES DROP. PHONES BECOME CHEAPER AS NEW MODELS ARE INTRODUCED AND THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF FREE THINGS COMING IN DAILY.
I HOPE THIS COULD BE EXTENDED TO OTHER SERVICES LIKE ELECTRICITY AND TRANSPORTATION.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by powerblaze(m): 2:43am On Oct 06, 2008
Sometimes I think"Imagine if all these operrators came at the same time?" Certainly it would have sparked off severe competition and forcefully lower call rates. I wish we had a more creative Government sad
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by success9(m): 10:42am On Oct 06, 2008
there is really nothijng bad wit what glo is doing. no business establishment will fold its hands and watch another giant take its place let alone a minnow like etisalat. although i love the ad.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by samade007(m): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2008
Hello everyone,I have gone through this discussion and I think we all have agreed on one fact: the competition in the long run is to our advantage.
When there's healthy rivalry and competition like we are seeing in the telecom sector now,all stakeholders in that sector will strive to make sure they
are not lagging behind.So how will the end user not smile?If etisalat believes they have better things to offer Nigerians,they are welcome.I am of the opinion that glo will take other measures to make sure they remain the original 9ja brand.
I assure you that if this positive trend is progressive,nigerians will sooner than later begin to make free day calls on Sat&Sun{weekends} as is obtainable in other part of the world.
so, etisalat ride on jooh, so shaking for you! tongue
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by yemibox: 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2008
Etisalat self dey look for trouble. Why dey go use glo color (green) as their own trademark color when colors still yapa. I expect them to be unique in everything.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by samade007(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2008
yemi, these two telecom companies are fighting for over who should be known as the Niger-brand.Green is a very important colour as far as Nigeria is concerned.
One of these companies has been aound for quite a while and has pioneerd a lot of development is this sector,the other is just emerging and want to be known as the Niger-brand.They must have studied glo and believe they have what it takes to dethrown glo as it were as the Niger-brand.
Also take note that etisalat colour is different from that of glo.They only look very much alike,but they are different.
This is what I call healthy-rivalry and it is very good for both companies in the sense that they would be geared to better and qualitative performance,and the end user (Nigerians) U and I would be the better for it.It has so many advantages for the end user.
Etisalat no mind dem ooh,ride on nO sHaKiNg for @ All cool
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by netotse(m): 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2008
make dem fight finish as long as it pays me i dont mind!
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by Sammy107d(m): 4:06am On Oct 13, 2008
hahaha haha!!! wink we've been talkin, gud 1! gud !!!
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by OmoSekina: 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2008
I do not like it wen we get carried away by little pecks. Introducing freebees at the inception of a particular product is not extra-ordinary. Mostly when a new product is introduced into the market, the 1st objective especially in a competitive industry is to share in the existing market and later brand positioning comes. The question for me at this moment is what do i need another line for? I currently have about 8 phones (GSM & CDMA) lines; like a lot of us do; as unimmaginable is that is. However the main reason is not because we like them, but simply because they are usually not very efficient, and we must talk. we cant do without talking. so etisalat or glo or anytin, for me to buy any new line, the only condition for now, is if the telecoms company can give us free weekend call allround, ehen them we can talk, otherwise all of them are ojoro people.

On a patriotism level, let glo continue to glo. always remember na our be our own o.

What do you guys think?
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by RYSB: 8:55am On Oct 15, 2008
That's true, we've been talking. I dont use glo but I hail them and for real Glo is the Nigerian brand!!!!!!!!!!! NA them sabi
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by samade007(m): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2008
good yan.
the point is that when glo knows she has a new competitor vigorously on her trail,she will sit tight.
Let's imagine if it was only mtn that is allowed to operate in Nigeria,where would we be today?But they started having competitors,they sat and began to think of ways to improve their services,reduce their tarriff and many other things including the introduction of free night calls,which nigerians are making best
use of today.So,when serious competition is on,service quality will improve.
With the present trend,we would soon be making daytime free call by weekends.Let's all wait and see.
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by walttt(m): 11:34am On Oct 20, 2008
i use glo, but i must say i am disappointed with their service, u hardly get any freebies with their network n all they keep ranting bout is giving out 500 cars, money they coulda used to spread free airtime to subscribers, thank God for Mtn n Zain, i considered dropping my glo line, save for the fact that its on my CV. angry angry angry
Re: Glo Going Against Etisalat? by samade007(m): 10:10pm On Oct 20, 2008
trUe talk,
small,small we'll get there.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Ebay / Tokunbo Tractor For Sale In Ibadan (zector 8011)08034700063)1.5M / Why You Should Leave Graphcard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.