Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Phone To Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Phone To Laptop (1326 Views)

Internet Hotspot Software - Start Giving Ticket To Laptop User In Ur Cafe Etc / Café Hotspot: Start Giving Ticket To Laptop User In Your Café (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone To Laptop by hayprof(m): 1:43am On Jul 05, 2006
Any1 care to tell me how to connect my phone to my laptop.Coz i am unable to use 4 internet on my phone on my computer.
Ur help is surely needed!
Re: Phone To Laptop by aykay(m): 2:21am On Jul 05, 2006
did ur phone come with a software program? if it did u should have a USB cable or u cud use bluetoooth
Re: Phone To Laptop by hayprof(m): 6:11am On Jul 05, 2006
@aykay yeah my phone as a software and a data cable also my phone as a bluetooth. but i dont know if d lap top does ,how do i know dis?
Help me on this!
Re: Phone To Laptop by aykay(m): 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2006
instal the program on the CD that came with ur phone. since it came with a cd they wud have given u a USB cable as well. once the program is installed just follow the instructions. ur laptop may not come with bluetooth but it may have infra red. u cna check at ur control panel.
Re: Phone To Laptop by kheme(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2006
use BLUETOOTH!!! that's what i use to browse the net on my laptop with my phone!
Re: Phone To Laptop by Atocmos: 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2006
HOW CAN I BE BROWSING ON MY PHONE WHEN I CONNECT IT TO MY COMPUTER THAT IS ALREADY CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

AND ALSO, MY BLUETOOTH IS INSTILLED TO MY SYSTEM BUT WHENEVER I PUT MY NOKIA 6230i PHONE BLUETOOTH ON, THE BLUETOOTH CONNECTED TO THE SYSTEM IDENTIFY IT BUT CAN NO GET THE PHONE ID AND I BY NOT GETTING THAT, IT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRANSFER DATA TO THE PHONE.

SO WUT AM I GOING TO DO
Re: Phone To Laptop by Bossman(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2006
OP,

You will need to configure your PC so that it recognizes your phone as a modem. What that means is that you first need to install the drivers that came with your cable, or get the drivers of the internet (google for it). Then create a Dial Up Networking connection (DUN) with the appropriate settings for your provider (MTN, Glo, etc.). Also configure your phone for GPRS if it's not already done. Once the connection is created on the PC, you should be able to connect via the DUN you created above. Either via cables or via bluetooth if your phone has one.
Re: Phone To Laptop by seyestik(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2007
Hi,
I have been browsing for free with my celtel line through my configured latop and this morning,when i tried browsing it displays an error saying:Unable to connect to server.

For example, if i want to visit google search engine.

If i type www.google.com in the internet explorer address bar and click go, it will later display this message:

"Unable to connect to server www.google.com(Winsock Error 10060--216.239.59.147.80)"
Please Naira Land Gurus what should i do next or assist me insolving this problem, this is my mobile numbers 08057323912, 08023422025 please contact me as soon as possible thanks.
Re: Phone To Laptop by thegame(m): 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2008
i tried conecting my laptop to my d900i but it keeps callin the number i use as phone id maybe modem id or something.it just calls sha.
what do i do?
Re: Phone To Laptop by Mustay(m): 7:18am On Nov 15, 2008
thegame:

i tried conecting my laptop to my d900i but it keeps callin the number i use as phone id maybe modem id or something.it just calls sha.
what do i do?

The COM port for communication between your phone and PC hasn't been installed properly.

Link up on this topic: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-104224.0.html
Re: Phone To Laptop by hayprof(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2008
lol, Mustay u even av guts to reply to this Thread? ! shocked
Re: Phone To Laptop by ifenadi(m): 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2008
i am now able to browse with my phone 6600 using zain via opera mini 2.1 but the problem now is that i cant connect to my laptop.Any time I initiated connection the following info will be diaplayed
dialing,
verifyinh username and password,
authenticating,
the ppp link rejected by ,

and the connection will fail.

what do i do?
Re: Phone To Laptop by methodman(m): 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2008
HELLO NAIRALANDERS,

Kindly visit www.ewealthnetwork.com/freebrowsing.html for your free browsing package,

Cheers!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Orange Freebies For Internet Newbies And Wannabes / Mtn 3g Fastlink Modems For Sale! / Is Non Tested Laptops Are Scrape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.