Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State (9481 Views)

Please, Don’t Insult Us With Jonathan’s Failure – Dipo Famakinwa / Dipo Dina Shot Dead In Ogun State / Breaking News! Otunba Dipo Dina Assasinated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by seunex: 1:46am On Jul 05, 2006
Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun  State

Breaking News: Dipo Dina Shot Dead.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by DaHitler(m): 2:07am On Jul 05, 2006
What are you talking about? Ogun State is one of the easiest, if not the easiest State to govern in the entire country.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that Ogun State would still function better than most other States if they lacked a Governor and deputy Governor.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by seunex: 2:19am On Jul 05, 2006
Well i guess the battle is beteen Otunba Gbenga Daniel of PDP(the present Governor, and otunba Dipo Dina of AD, so its goin be tough.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by DaHitler(m): 2:42am On Jul 05, 2006
It is going to be tough. I doubt Gbenga is going to win re-election. If you noticed in 2003 when AD lost all but one of their seats of power, you would notice that it was due to a perception of inability to perform. Now that PDP is in charge, things are no better than they were in the past. I expect to see at least 4 out of the 6 south Eastern States return back to AD.

Afterall, if things are to remain stagnant, the people of the South West would prefer to place their cards with the political party that has the backing of Afenifere.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by lewa(m): 3:38am On Jul 05, 2006
In response to the last post-i beg to to summise that AD can never win back any of the 5 south west
states they lost in 2003.The problem is that PDP(a notorious party) has a more semblance of leadership
and purpose-not to the electorate but to make sure that yorubas would never be again in opposition
but main stream politics-Afenifere or AD/ Oranmiyan should be forgotten-no one should exhume them again for any postmortem-they failed woefully between 19993-2003,PDP AINT ANY BETTER TO.Period
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by DaHitler(m): 3:57am On Jul 05, 2006
lewa, trust me, AD is going to pick up several PDP states. The thing is that AD might not be main stream, but they are pro-Yoruba and the people of the south west know that. The only reason they lost 5 States in the south-west was because Yorubas, probably the most educated ethnic group in the nation, had unrealistic expectations as to what dividends Democracy would deliver. Now that they know better, all those degenerate PDP Governors, like Agagu of Ondo should be prepared to vacate. The yorubas don't want them, or their goddamn Hausa party.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by debosky(m): 4:06am On Jul 05, 2006
afeni u are truly an ignoramus, since when did PDP become a hausa party? do u know Bola Ige drafted the constitution of PDP, do u know Sunday Awoniyi was the chairman of PDP?

anyways the AD won the1999 elections in the SW on a platter of gold, cos they sold the old Awo Action group (AG) thing, even if a dog contested, as long as it was AD, it would have won in 1999, frankly apart from Bisi Akande and Bola Tinubu, ALL the other AD governors deserved to be kicked out, no performance, nothing.

the PDP governors have not done badly, Oyinlola, Agagu and Daniel have performed, but that Fayose (ekiti) dude and the area boys in ibadan alao- akala/adedibu's b*tch should be kicked out

lets drop regional sentiment and focus on performance, just because some guys call themselves AD don't mean they are going to win, people are much smarter than that now, there is virtually no AD outside Lagos with real structures still on ground, Aregbesola's Oramiyan group may have a chance, but it remains to be seen.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by seunex: 6:12am On Jul 05, 2006
wow shocked shocked shocked

u guys r great, may 29 2007, hmmmm

no comment?
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by lewa(m): 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2006
Yes i agree with Debosky-AD sold themselves to the electorate as Awoists in 1999,and also
claimed to represent the interests of us yorubas- the most elitist tribe ,south of the sahara.(apologies
to noboby).However due to their greed,pride,their lack of character and ineptitude ,their deal with OBJ
to support him for the presidency in 2003 whilst he withdrew support from the PDP hopefuls in their respective states begared belief.The rest his history now.AD belongs to the History/Biography Channel now.
The E kiti dude suffers from a BIPOLAR ILLNESS(ie manic-depressive),Agagu and Oyinlola God knows what they are doing,Akala/Adedibu/NURTW louts are just a disgrace to my state, Daniel is using fine boy to fool people -but
hes a gazzilion times better than his arrogant predecessor.Anyways PDP havent done any better to improve the lot of SW Nigeria-we are waiting for godot
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by Ashiwaju(m): 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2006
Well, for Dipo Dina? it would be hard for him to win an election considering how bad gbenga has painted him even in his own village and from how he was molested at the Ojude Oba in Ijebu.

And for Gbenga,its not yet certain if he gon win the next election cus from what i hear, Badru is not with him and so many renowned politicians are dissing him.

Kuye seems to be working, we can't be sure though until the election time get more imminent!
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by hapimp: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2006
Otunba Dina, can never lead we the people of Ogun State. Otunba Gbenga Daniel as come, and is yet to finish his job. Let Dina wait for another tenure, if he really wants to rule Ogun state, and i guess by then, stronger people will be around. Let him go back home and stop idsturbing himself, or publishing rubbish about the Daniel's Administration. OGD is his mentor,look his is ODD.whats that.Long live OGD, long live Ogun state
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by hapimp: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2006
angry
Never. Dina can not win

OGD for governor2007
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by lewa(m): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2006
Dina can never win Daniel in any election. Not that Daniel performed incredibly, but that hes got the whole
state in his pocket-he spread his appointments to cover the senatorial districts and unlike Osoba hes accessible,
not haughty.Daniel would have given the state a legacy compared to that of Bisi Onabanjo, but i think that era of
purposeful governance has gone,
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by thirdeye(m): 3:34am On Jul 27, 2006
ogd is the man.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by councillor(m): 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2007
I think he can govern a local government, the state is too sophisticated for a calibre of him. I'm sorry, we should vote for people with real programmes. I have not read a manifesto of him, and the election is fast approaching. What do you think people, the era of 18th century politics is gone. We are in the 21st century, things are fast changing. The incumbent Governor has done everything in his capacity to reach the MDGs. Let's watch before we cast our vote. Regards cool
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by lewa(m): 11:07pm On Mar 28, 2007
Politics involves cash,cash and cash!It also involves goodwill,charisma,purpose and the like.Daniel will conveniently swing a second term because there's no opposition~SIA(Amosun)~ANPP is only strong in Egba,Dina and Kaka not serious at all.If they could all combine~ie Amosun,Kaka and Dina,present only one candidate~they would give Daniel a run.However you all know Nigerian politics~na me e go be(it's only me)
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by omofineboy(m): 10:56pm On Mar 29, 2007
you guys seem like PDP or Gbenga Daniel's supporters, this guy has more money than Osoba, he stol more money than anyone at least it was proved by Dina, Gbenga is intolerant and too scared of opposition, imagine what he did to Amosun last time anyway God makes rulers lets wait and see, there may be suprises. ok
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by lewa(m): 3:11am On Mar 30, 2007
Daniel is intolerant of opposition!He's a rogue that has pillaged more than all previous governors combined.However,in the paucity of credible and well organized oppostion,the status quo remains!However,aren't all Nigerian "politrickcians" intolerant of oppostion?
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by babasin(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2007
Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State

YES.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by mamagee3(f): 2:25am On Jan 26, 2010
This is so sad, May his soul rest in peace! cry
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by jona2: 2:35am On Jan 26, 2010
sad
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by jona2: 2:36am On Jan 26, 2010
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by jona2: 2:37am On Jan 26, 2010

Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by mustafar1: 2:40am On Jan 26, 2010
another human sacrifice has been donated to 'upholding' our democracy. . . sun re o.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by riversman: 2:57am On Jan 26, 2010
GBENGA DANIELS!!!!!!!!!!!!! a malicious and ferrocious animal, hmmmm, RIP DD
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by aieromon(m): 3:25am On Jan 26, 2010
rip dd.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by harakiri(m): 3:41am On Jan 26, 2010
All this just to have access to loot oil money without regard.I wonder if such assassinations would be happening if these animals were forced to rely on their salary alone! What pains me the most is how Nigerians worship those that commit these atrocities.And they keep wondering why Nigeria isn't working out or progressing!
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by aloyemeka2: 4:11am On Jan 26, 2010
2011 is not here yet and they are already massacring themselves.
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 26, 2010
avarice the greatest bane in Nigeria grin
Re: Can Otunba Dipo Dina Govern Ogun State by EzeUche(m): 5:29am On Jan 26, 2010
Crisis after crisis. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / True Situation Report As President Buhari Visit Imo State Today / APC-Merger: ANPP Members Call For Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.