Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Zain's Branding! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain's Branding! (1614 Views)

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / ****zain Internet Activation***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zain's Branding! by Aiyetunje: 11:07am On Sep 10, 2008
I am not sure of who was /is in charge of the branding at Zain but one thing for sure is that they are a confused lot! I do not know how the eggheads managed to approve the new logo and colors.

The logo is OK, not bad but the colors leave a lot to be desired. I did study advertising/mass comm/marketing/any related course bit I believe that it must have been taught in class that a brand should at least be identifiable or associated with one color.

I don't know if its just me but I don't know what color to associate with Zain. For instance, when I hear GLO, I think about GREEN; when I see MTN , its all about YELLOW; Starcomms gives me PURPLE, ZOOM is BLACK & ORANGE BUT . . . Zain ? ? ?

They have black, green (the shade i don't know), a funny purple color. . . when u see their ogas on TV - one wears a green shirt, another a black one and a third a sick purple one. apart from the fact that the color combo is horrible, the colors are not easily describable

Is it just me? 

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16550&Itemid=0
Re: Zain's Branding! by honsule(m): 11:49am On Sep 10, 2008
what do u expect from ZAINAB?all the condiments of good cooking is in the making.who cares about their colour.as far as their tariff is kool and i can browse free(very vital),they are free to use whatsoever colour they like.
Re: Zain's Branding! by dragnet: 11:54am On Sep 10, 2008
Nah! Its not just you undecided
Re: Zain's Branding! by brinebaba(m): 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
The branding is truly poor ! I felt same way but i think sAy na only me. . It doesnt speak well for em'
Re: Zain's Branding! by Aiyetunje: 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
You are not the only one o. . .

At one kiosk u see green table & chairs, at anoda u see sick purple umbrlella! na wa o!

U shld see the way thier head/regional offices have been painted its sickening! the color combos are not palatable at all. . . whenever i pass i dey close my eyes (as long as am not driving sha. . make man no cause accident! grin )
Re: Zain's Branding! by Dclique(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2008
They cnt make it look like the chinese nation flag,for al i care.me i jst wnt them to giv prepaid subsc. internet activation,then we can nw join heads 2gthr n figure out hw 2 hack it, (confirmd talk)lol.
Re: Zain's Branding! by Dclique(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2008
They cnt make it look like the chinese nation flag,for al i care.me i jst wnt them to giv prepaid subsc. internet activation,then we can nw join heads 2gthr n figure out hw 2 hack it, (confirmd talk)lol.
Re: Zain's Branding! by Dclique(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2008
Re: Zain's Branding! by Mustay(m): 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2008
Not inviting at all.
Re: Zain's Branding! by capsmo(m): 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2008
TERRIBLE CHOICE OF COLOUR!
i like everything about Zain, except d colour.
Re: Zain's Branding! by Aiyetunje: 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2008
Dclique we feel you o. . . dat na why u com post am 3x?!
Re: Zain's Branding! by luluosas(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2008
I was almost confused the first time i saw their new logo and colour. It really a doll moment for zain now.
Re: Zain's Branding! by Dclique(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2008
Ma bros, no vex,na ma ntwrk d f' up.
Re: Zain's Branding! by MrInfo1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2008
= Unattractive graffiti cry
Re: Zain's Branding! by Mustay(m): 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2008
From name change to logo changes eh?
Re: Zain's Branding! by Aiyetunje: 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2008
infobaba

u don summarise am finish!
Re: Zain's Branding! by smartsoft(m): 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2008
hummm aiye good one, at least i been a creative designer, i know for a brand identity 3 colors is 2 much, at least 2 colour e don do, hey aiye where u dey ?i go like yarn with u ooo
Re: Zain's Branding! by odare24(m): 2:13am On Sep 12, 2008
When you talk about the colour.

Let's face it. I
wouln't have thought they would go, they they have just redefine it and i think i have started thinking - any colour could match it depends on you!

Recreate your colours

Recreate your destiny. Who knows may be that is the color of their dreams.

But the objects of the branding ought to have been more worked upon. Any way with time sha,
Re: Zain's Branding! by Reptyle(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
There are 8 colours in the Zain pallette. They are split into primary and secondary colours. The primary colours are aqua, black and purple. There are five others including Margenta (AKA "sick pink" grin grin) From information available to me, a lot of research went into selecting the colours and designing the SWIRL logo. Matter of fact, it was selected from over 400 different options. Firstly, the combination of colours are unlike any used by any company around the whole world. It marked a clear break from the usual suspects, red, blue, green, orange and yellow. It is simply unique. Secondly, the colours are representative of Zain's brand values of Heart, Radiance and Belonging. C,mon guys, aren't u tired of the boring red and yellow or yellow and blue? Open your hearts and you will start loving those colours. If Starcomms can get away with combining Purple and Green, why not Zain grin grin

The SWIRL logo is representative of a whirlwind, stirring up chaos by design. I think the logo and colours are winners anyday!!!
Re: Zain's Branding! by honsule(m): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2008
Reptyle:

There are 8 colours in the Zain pallette. They are split into primary and secondary colours. The primary colours are aqua, black and purple. There are five others including Margenta (AKA "sick pink" grin grin) From information available to me, a lot of research went into selecting the colours and designing the SWIRL logo. Matter of fact, it was selected from over 400 different options. Firstly, the combination of colours are unlike any used by any company around the whole world. It marked a clear break from the usual suspects, red, blue, green, orange and yellow. It is simply unique. Secondly, the colours are representative of Zain's brand values of Heart, Radiance and Belonging. C,mon guys, aren't u tired of the boring red and yellow or yellow and blue? Open your hearts and you will start loving those colours. If Starcomms can get away with combining Purple and Green, why not Zain grin grin

The SWIRL logo is representative of a whirlwind, stirring up chaos by design. I think the logo and colours are winners anyday!!!

nice one cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Which Version Of Opera Mini Works With Nokia 3120classic / Opera Android Handler / Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge ‘Six Appeal’ Now Open for Pre-order!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.