Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Do I Solve These Problems - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Solve These Problems (1072 Views)

How Can I Solve This Issue Of Which I'm Experiencing In My G Analytics Dashboard / Webmasters Enter Here If You Can Solve These PHP Questions... / Problem with Opera and Google Chrome Browser. How Can I Solve It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Solve These Problems by njokma(m): 10:18am On Jul 05, 2006
1. How can I increase increase the the size of my yahoo mail box ie make it receive data above 1G
2. How can I upload data that is about 13MB to my box.
Re: How Do I Solve These Problems by Bolaji4349(m): 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2006
hello njokma,

What you can do is go to this site and registered your email address to enable you attach or upload file up to 100mb to send to any email address destination if you have large storage space. "http://yousendit.com"

Regards
Re: How Do I Solve These Problems by njokma(m): 11:39am On Jul 06, 2006
Thank you so much Bolaji. I appreciate your assistance so much
Re: How Do I Solve These Problems by njokma(m): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2006
I tried following your procedures, but I was trapped when I wanted to upload a 13MB file. what exactly should I do?
Re: How Do I Solve These Problems by sbucareer(f): 2:25am On Jul 16, 2006

Zip the files or program up. Many email server have a very strong anti virus program running on them. If you try to upload any extension i.e. .exe, .jar, .dll etc, the email server will automatically see it as a virus and stop the upload.

What I do is to zip it with WinZip or any tar program. Unix files are not auto executable so zipping your files or program with tarball program will deceive the email server as a genuine file.

You cannot increase your web space or email space unless you have spoken to the admin of the email site. Gmail offers 1G free email space. I can invite you if you want. Just leave your email address.

Re: How Do I Solve These Problems by njokma(m): 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2006
my email address is marcelmaduabuchi@yahoo.com

How can a file be zipped?
Re: How Do I Solve These Problems by sbucareer(f): 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2006

Download WinZip program and install it. It comes as a shareware, some functionality would probably be disabled like zipping a file.

But try and see if the zip is enabled by going to file menu of the winzip program and selecting new Archive, a dialog window will pop up, type the name of the zip file in the dialog filename and click OK. Another window will pop up. Use this window to add all the file(s) you want to zip and click on add to add other files you want to zip.

You zipped file will appeared like a zip icon on your target destination with the name of the zip you supplied. You can add more file by double clicking your zipped file and clicking add icon.

After zip, don't make your zip file .exe leave it at .zip extention and upload it to your email program and transfer it to anywhere you want to. Remember that the recipient email server must have the correct amount of space of the file you are trying to send.

Re: How Do I Solve These Problems by njokma(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2006
The system I am using does not allow downloads what do I do?
Re: How Do I Solve These Problems by sbucareer(f): 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2006

Throw your system away.  Joking, well if you have USB stick/memory go to internet cafee and download it into your memory stick, go back to your PC and install it.

(1) (Reply)

Your Comments Pls On JohnFashanu.com / The Best Nigerian Website Both In Terms Of Content And Graphics / I Need Paypal Or Credit Card For Domain Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.