Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (505719 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:46pm On Jul 14, 2006
that your patch patch OT that u guys call carpenters to add more attache seats each year?

nah, emirates is a show-piece world class stadium, we aint trying to rival anyone, its the best ground in england at the moment

the facilities, quality of finishing, the seats, lighting, unrivalled

I would rather have a nice 60,000 seater lexus stadium than that 70 or is it 75,000 molue stadium called OT.

bring your rag-tag squad to emirates abd you'll see what a real team'll do to ya

take rooney to a wrestling match thats what he's good for, and christiano? an olympic swimming pool will be much better (we have that at the emirates by

the way) thats if ruud ronaldo and heinze aren't all gone by then grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lalaboi(m): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2006
Tseeew!! Oshi!!

Smtn we av used n dumped, dats wat dis old era ppl dy use shako! Una carry 2nd hand sponsor una cm dy shout! Ruuubishhh!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lalaboi(m): 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2006
Tseeew!! Oshi!!

Smtn we av used n dumped, dats wat dis old era ppl dy use shako! Una carry 2nd hand sponsor una cm dy shout! Ruuubishhh!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by GUNNER(f): 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2006
tsk, tsk grin grin grin,  so touchy! shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2006
@lalaboi gerrr outta here fast tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
ure not welcomed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2006
Mukina why are sending us away from your thread dont you want us to contribute to what you are discussing in here.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2006
contribute but ot annoy us tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2006
@ amodu,
wetin be dat ur name sef se na amodu abi na shuaibu,take time or else we will report u to efcc for scamming and spamming o !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2006
Hiya cheesy all gunners whats been going on, been so busy today, but i guess thats why it's called "WORK". WHY can't i just be paid to do "SFA!!" cheesy

Well i guess Le Prof has put an end to all the YA YA  and Saviola deal mongering going on. Like i said what we need is a Defender not another midfielder ( or else we would have tried to get our beloved paddy back, before those manure scum get thrier hands on an Arsenal legend and ruin his whole career and reputation to boot in one swoop  cry).

We have so many midfielders and strikers already, what we need is a defender, and a replacement for Jens cause Manu ( let Eto score against me with 10 minutes to go )Almunia is not that good. So i guess we will get Curtis davis towards the end of the transfer market and that will be it till January, or AW hands will be forced if Girls Aloud's new signing Ashley tweedy Cole decides to jump ship, but i doubt Chelsea tongue will want him, and real is not yet stable, so he might stay (personally i think all he wants is a big hug from the manager, telling him everything will be ok!!? grin)

Lets wait and see, but knowing AW don't hold your breathe. just get use to what we have now, cause the Boss is stubborn when it comes to transfers, always has been and always will be ( why we don't get Torres just to piss everyone off i don't know angry, but hey!! guess he ain't a defender )

On a final note, who are these brilliant gentlemen comparing[b] "GAY" [/b] Trafford with the "GROVE", well well, wonders shall never cease, what next," MADONNA TO PERFORM A CONCERT IN IRAN FOR THE AYATOLLAH".

I don't blame these mancs when they encourage their plays to act this way,what do we expect. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by GUNNER(f): 2:12pm On Jul 17, 2006
Arsenal do need a physical defensive midfield player who can actually Tackle! winkand breakup
opppostion attacks

someone in the mold of "Thomas Gravesen" cheesy

Wenger has to get his transfer priorities right undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2006
@loyika,
whats gud,where u been,gud to feel u once again man,u know what ashley at the moment is pissing me off and he really needs some talking to,what do u think ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2006
Nah!! i don't think Le prof will ever go for a player like Tommy "send them to their Grave"son cheesy. Arsenal under wenger has never gone for those kind of players, PV4 being the exception, i guess thats why he got diaby, and Berti does most of that work anyway, just needs to maintain it over the whole season.

We don't play that way, the manager's Philosophy is "If you are playing 70% of your football in your oppositions halve all the time, you only get to defend like 15 mins out of the 90. Gravy didn't really work out a Madrid and i doubt you will get much takers on him working out at the Grove from the Arsenal faithful sad.

Like i said our priority now is a defender, SOL has gone and Ashley is 50/50, so thats the area that needs sorting, Cesc has a new deal(and the number 4 jersey), and we bought Rosicky, NO SPACE FOR ANYONE ELSE!!

So people stop torturing yourselves into thinking Wenger will actually change over night and become the Tooth fairy cause he won't and i am sure you already knew this. Expect Curtis Davis. and then the bank closes only to probably be open again in january.

Now people that has always been AW ways and more realistic, if Le Prof wanted another midfielder, believe me he would go for Ribery,or Baptista ( not the wrestler!!), never Tommy Gravy cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by GUNNER(f): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2006
I still think we need a holding midfield player, because we got none with experience apart 4rom Gilberto

and Heaven help us if he gets injured grin

i was just kidding about "GraveSon",  cheesy but that midfield need some steel wink

i agree that AW MUST get anuther solid CB and pleeeeeeeeeeez get rid of the Spice Boy
its no use having a prima donna in the team, if the lad wants out then so be it!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Grizzly(m): 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2006
hmmmm cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2006
Well Mr Kit, thanks for the acknowledgment, how u dey to grin.

Well to get toyour point, i honestly feel for Ashley, cause unlike Sol he is a gonner through and through, from the youth team, he (like many other players) felt slighted that Arsenal and the boss tended to favour the french players at the detriment of other nationals, Reyes also felt that way.

But then he goes and does the unthinkable and most stupid thing i have ever seen, meeting maureen and Peter Kenyon at a hotel!? Although i actually blame his agent, (can we all say MIkel Obi Saga!!) these agents generally play on their players weakness to exploit them.

I do feel Wenger would and should have done better and spoken to ashley over the issue (either to scream at him or gently calm him down), But thats the real major flaw i have against the gaffer, he tends to be partial to TITI and the French Musketters, thank God they have reduced, and i believe its because of this that he has come out belatedly to say he wants cole to stay. sorry AW thats really the difference between Fergie and you, at least with fergie you know where you stand. Le Prof just believes in being quiet and letting things play themselves out.

But i believe if not for the shortages at the back with injuries and such, AW would have let Cole go, so i guess his hands are tied. anyway Coley gives 110% in his games for the club, and he will still do that if he stays,doesn't really know how to play any other way. So i think the board should just call him and increase his salary and assure him ofhis place in the club, cause right now he is the only player at the club that started from childhood,and it would be a shame for him to go like that, the club owes him, cause he has never really disappointed his colours (THE RED AND WHITE ARMY)

thats my little contibution on COLEGATE
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 6:51pm On Jul 17, 2006
true talk, loyika, but i still feel we need an accomplished striker to pair henry, thats why i wd want saviola, but AW knows what he's doing right?

hope COLEGATE ends wit the bwoy staying, cos he's the only homegrown one left, till maybe kerrea gilbert or some others grow into first team
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2006
Arsene Wenger needs to draft in good players if Arsenal wants to mount serious challenge this season.
The responsibilities carried by young Cesc Fabregas is enormous. This lad is only 19 years and so much is expected from him everytime.
Wenger can still land Papa Dioup and he won't cost a thing to add some fibre to the Gunner's midfield.

Adebayor is a joke upfront and he can be loaned out to Reading or Wigan Athletic.
Henry needs a strike partner that will be scoring 20 goals in a season as well.
Javier Saviola, Dirk Kuyt, David Trezeguet, Obafemi Martins and Roy Makaay are all possibilities Wenger can sign to beef his team up.

The defence is another major worry Wenger needs to solve especially with Sol Campbell gone.
Wenger should break the bank and raid the Serie A defenders like Cristian Zaccardo, Massimo Oddo or land 2 of the famous four lads of Serbia and Montenegro.
Kyiv Dynamo's Goran Gavrancic and Sevilla's Ivica Dragutinovic cannot be too expensive for Arsenal to sign.

I really want Arsenal to mount a serious title challenge this season because other London clubs are ready.
Tottenham is rearing to go and Chelsea is out of this world with many good buys.
I don't want any excuses for 'em gooners when Man U comes to Ashburton Grove.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by otolorin(m): 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2006
its gotta be tough for us to have d glory
gunners dont wanna win the trophy and lose d glory - an epitome of last season's league winners

check out the glory wen arsenal lifted d trophy @ '04, check the glory wen liverpool took over europe @ '05 - look for the glory wen chelsea lifted barclay's @ '06

so we'll win, we'll draw, most probably lose some matches - dats wat make d victory worthwile.

[center]GUNNER 4 LIFE![/center]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2006
yeah we'll win i believe and know so
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2006
We have been hear before, good people football is played on the pitch not with our mouths, so no need to be afraid of the red or blue army, Even with our reserve squad, on our day we can beat chelski, cheesy so i have no problem there, Man U is just a mind thing which unfortunately AW has passed on to the players (the same trend might be developing with the Bolton Wonder) .

But all in all we should be good for next season with what we have, if Ashley decides to stay and Reyes decides to be bothered (and yeah Freddie scoring a bloody goal once in a while would help a lot). angry

Anyway expect much from MR. X (Rosicky) cool, as long as we can maintain home form, and stop this fear of the northern team crap, we will be fine.

The players are more matured now and we had the most players at the world cup, so things just have to click soon, hopefully this season, if not a top 4 would be ok, just lets keep these guys together and you will see a steady progress.

Expect us to do well in the CL as well, hopefully getting to the finals again (fingers crossed) wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lilsaint: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2006
henry premiership greatest player?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lilsaint: 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2006
henry premiership greatest player?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by snooker: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2006
hey, the Gooners heard u the 1st time, aint no need 2 stress on it! wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2006
henry is not the greatest premiership player ever

henry is one of the greatest premiership top scorers,

that's all, lets not get to sentimental about him, he's a great player, i love him, but there are buts

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by GUNNER(f): 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2006
thanks 4 ur honesty, appreciate it wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2006
u r always welcome, GUNNER

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Bandele(m): 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2006
Arsenal are not bout gimmicks or special promotions.They are a consistant team and they above average quality through hard work and graph nothing else.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2006
@lilsaint,
i don't seem to get the import of your question ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toshmann(m): 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2006
[size=15pt]I HATE ARSENAL[/size]

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2006
toshmann toosmann twoman twomind watever
take it else where
gerrr outttttt angry angry angry angry angry tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

u're tresspassin
u'll never walk alone
infact u'll always walk alone
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toshmann(m): 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2006
I LOVE TO WALK WITH MUKINA

kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:33am On Jul 21, 2006
toshmann falkonetti u can walk, off this thread angry angry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.