Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America (8162 Views)

Soldier Kills Woman In Ondo Army Barracks (pics) / Man Attempts To Molest Pregnant Woman In Broad Daylight(photo) / 16 Year Old Boy Robs, Rapes 52-Year-Old Woman In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mamaput(f): 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2006
And what about just going,
If its in a country were he will just have to pay a fine thats ok i will report. But not if he has to go to jail.
Try to imagen its your brother or your father try and see it that way . Your father is always a good father to you and you may say he will never do anything like that. But do you think it will be fair to throw away all he has worked for in his life for just one slap

May be if its someone you know you will not be objective
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Shine: 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2006
Making it personal doesn't make a difference as to whether a person should accept responsibility for their actions and knowing the difference between right and wrong. This doesn't change because they are close to me.

If something is wrong and they do it anyway, they know the risk. If they and adult, capable of making informed decisions and show they don't care about the risk and they make the choice to act out violently anyway, then caring about what happens to them is not my concern. They made the choice, they live with the reprocussions. I have experience had abusive people in my life. At the end of the day, I had to decide whether I will put the long term health and well being of those involved first or put the abuser first. I will always choose me and my children.
If children grow up in an enviroment seeing certain behaviors, they have a better chance of growning up thinking that behavior is acceptable. If you stand up and show that specific things are not, then it at least challenges the seeds that have been planted.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mamaput(f): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2006
That is why you kick the man out after the first slap.
Many women that marry violent men or stay with violant boyfriends see it comming but they close their eyes to it.
I had a friend once that picked up such a guy . And i told her from the beginning even before he started bashing the hell out of her but she laughted at me. Married the guy . After a few hospital visits she left him.

I can as well say its the womans fault for thinking she can change the man.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Orikinla(m): 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2006
But many of you don't regard slapping your housemaids and houseboys wicked?

A woman shouts that she cannot tolerate any man slapping her. But she has been slapping her housemaid.

Are your housemaids and other servants not as human as you are?
And I have lost count of wicked Nigerian mistresses slapping their housemaids left and right.

Too much hypocrisy has ruined Nigerians everywhere.

A slap is a slap.
Whether slapping wife, girlfriend or housemaid, it is not good.

The housemaid is also a woman.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mamaput(f): 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2006
Orikinla thankyou very much and these people will sit there fat @sses in the church every sunday front row with there name on the bench. They even walk in late so that everyone will see them dressed to march with their kids,.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Nia: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2006
Of course, I don't advocate slapping anyone, be it housemaid, houseboy or whatnot. Violence is violence, no matter who it is being directed against.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Chief2B(m): 6:05am On Jul 09, 2006
Every state here in the US responds differently to "domestic abuse". Yes, that one little slap can be considered as domestic abuse. I have seen where the woman took that "little slap" and as the years progressed that slap eventually turned into a homicide. The woman kept taking that slap and kept letting the man get away with it until the man finally just beat her to death.
Louisiana takes a firm approach on "domestic abuse". If you slap your wife, the wife doesn't have to press charges, the state picks them up so you will go to jail.
First conviction:10days to 6 months in jail and up to a $1000.00 fine
second: 30days to 6 months in jail and up to a $1000.00 fine
third:mandatory 1 year in jail up to 5 years imprisonment plus a $2000.00 fine

Any questions?
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Orikinla(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2006
What is the punishment for slapping the housemaid in America?
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Seun(m): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2006
I've heard stories of wives who got arrested for attacking their husbands, so for women attacking babysitters or maids it is exactly the same. Whether you are a man or a woman, keep your open palm to yourself!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Orikinla(m): 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2006
What of a woman slapping a man?

If a woman slaps you, what should you do?
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by rikkyjen(m): 4:22am On Jul 10, 2006
Orikinla:

What is the punishment for slapping the housemaid in America?

Orkinla, House wetin Dude its called child abuse. Nothing like housemaid in the states. Infact i read about a naija couple who brought a girl to do housemaid stuffs. it was the neighbours who called the cops for them. They had a lotta criminal charges pressed against them ranging from abuse,molestation, child trafficking, human slavery to denial to education.

Housemaid Ke? No let cops here that oooooo!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by kellorah: 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2006
if ma man hits me, dats d end of d relationship. how dare he!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Orikinla(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2006
I asked a question.

How about a woman slapping a man?

I have seen a wife slapping her husband and a girlfriend slapping her boyfriend.
The husband did not divorce her and the boyfriend did not end the relationship with his girlfriend.

If my babe slaps me, I won't retaliate and that cannot end our relationship.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by kellorah: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2006
i fink a gal can slap a guy but not too hard nau, ah-ah. but i dnt fink guys hd hit gals cos thyv got HOT hands lol
but no, guys, dnt hit gals, gals, u dnt av to, but when u do take am easy(cos u never knw, u may end up blindin the guy's eye(s))
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by diddy4(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2006
kellorah:

if ma man hits me, that is d end of d relationship. how dare he!

what if it was spanking?
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by kellorah: 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2006
that's different though. wink
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by diddy4(m): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2006
i will keep dat in mind when i meet u. wink
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by kellorah: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2006
hahahaha, yeah right!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by diddy4(m): 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2006
no kidding. just be warming up cuzz my hands are soft and lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by kellorah: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2006
hmmm
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by diddy4(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2006
tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by kellorah: 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2006
hmmmmm <no comment>
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by diddy4(m): 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2006
lol, wink wink
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Nia: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2006
Orikinla:

I asked a question.

How about a woman slapping a man?

I have seen a wife slapping her husband and a girlfriend slapping her boyfriend.
The husband did not divorce her and the boyfriend did not end the relationship with his girlfriend.

If my babe slaps me, I won't retaliate and that cannot end our relationship.

If you have been slapped by anyone, be it women or whatever, you can press charges if you want. Personally, I find it childish to use such tactics to get your point across, regardless of who's slapping who. To me it signifies disrespect and if a partner (whether it's a man or woman) feels the need to descend that low, then there's no reason to stay in the relationship.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by manmustwac(m): 2:42am On Jun 13, 2008
A grown man slapping a woman. Is this how they want to bring ‘peace’ to the world, by hitting females until they agree with them? There is no excuse for slapping a woman.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by seeklove: 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2008
The truth is that you cannot slap a Nigerian woman in America.
As for American women, if they really love you, slapping is one of the easiest thing they will forgive.
From my experience, most American woman do not abuse that law. They can fight with their boyfriends or husbands and even get physical but they will not let the police involved.
A Nigerian friend of once beat up his American girlfriend, and the neighbors called the cops. But the girl denied that the guy beat her. She told the cops that they were just quarreling and yelling at each other.
After they broke up, this same guy tried it with his Nigerian girlfriend. In this case he didn't really beat her up. They were arguing and the nigerian girl rushed to the toilet and got water from the toilet containing urine and poured it on the guy. As the nigerian girl poured the water, the pushed her and she failed. The nigerian girl got up and called the police and they arrested the guy.
Nigerian women in abroad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fear them, they are dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by tpia: 4:12am On Jun 18, 2008
why do people tell such boldfaced lies.

someone can read this now and go and start beating up their American wife/girlfriend thinking since she's not Nigerian, there wont be any repercussion.

@ seeklove- you see nothing wrong in this your barbaric friend who is beating up women all over the place, but would rather focus on which of the girlfriends is likely to call the police on his sorry behind?

and who told you an American woman will not deal with a batterer?

please answer oh. undecided
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by olud64: 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2008
What planet are you guys from!!!!!, why would you want to slap a woman anyway!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by SENATORJD(m): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2008
i wonder oo, all this itchy ungentlemanly behaviour
how dare u raise ur hand at a woman lest hit a her?
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by seeklove: 1:47am On Jun 19, 2008
tpia:

why do people tell such boldfaced lies.

someone can read this now and go and start beating up their American wife/girlfriend thinking since she's not Nigerian, there wont be any repercussion.

@ seeklove- you see nothing wrong in this your barbaric friend who is beating up women all over the place, but would rather focus on which of the girlfriends is likely to call the police on his sorry behind?

and who told you an American woman will not deal with a batterer?

please answer oh. undecided

@tpia
I sorry, if you don't see the irony and humour in my post.
Any body who reads it and goes beating American women is a complete fool, and will get his behind thrown in jail. I never said that you should do such baberric thing.
Let me explain to you.
The irony is that my friend maltreated a good American girl and payed the price in another relationship. You reap what you sow. The truth is that some American woman go through a lot of abuse in the name of love. And some of them (especially blacks) don't like to get the police involved because of the stereotypical relationship between the police and blacks.

But most Nigerian women wont tolerate any nonsense from anybody as soon as they get to America. Perhaps it is because of the way some people treat women in Nigeria. So many Nigerian women have been abused in Nigeria, and in Nigeria there is almost nothing they can do about it. So when they get to America, where they can do something about abuse, they get to sensitive about it. You have to be careful dealing with some of them.

Please understand me before you crucify me. I don't support abuse.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by tpia: 4:24am On Jun 19, 2008
okay. Your explanation makes sense.

However, there are many Nigerian guys who have been dealt with by their partners- whether American, Nigerian or European.

Only thing is the Naija ladies are expected to endure a lot more and as such get labelled negatively when they refuse to do so. They are called names and accused of being westernized. Doubtless some Naija women abuse the system in order to get the man in trouble, but still.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Arlington(f): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2008
Any man who slaps me should be ready to be circumcised for the second time  grin grin see how my teeth looks your thingy will be in the middle so picture that .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Power Generation Loses 1,108MW, Drops To 3,456MW / Nnewi: Dead Man Reportedly Comes Back To Life (photos) / Kwara Police Arrest 14 Suspects For Murder, Armed Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.