Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria (15679 Views)

Photo: Imagine This Beast In Sambisa Forest! / Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 2:35am On Sep 16, 2008
keba:

It would be great to conceive such a thought. If this has to be posible, we have to re-orientate our minds first, as
a government then as a people to get to such a state as described in this thread. How i wish for this to be a reality
in this my generation and not when i don kpia cry cry
u got it all right, however, inthe wrong order, the right order would be re-wiring of pple's brain first and then, the govt, cos me and yu are the govt.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by LUDALOOLO(m): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2008
People lets just stop and think about this, why do they promise when they know what we want already, eg they know the road is bad let then do it and not tell us i promise good road they know there power failure in the country let them do it as well not promise us. a week after a new government take over you will if he is for his pocket or for the masses. One good Solution to power failure is if we all stop paying for phcn bill and tell them if there is no light constantly for one year not payment. This people (phcn) collect our money and yet we dont get what we pay for, we should think about it we are the one paying for what generate the light in-directly the bill we pay. Every one know your right as a citizen of nigeria. Nigeria is bless but we have bad leaders who are there for there pocket alone, lets stand and fight we start from stoping to pay phcn bill everyone, i believe NL is one of the most popular naija forum which every nigeria come to both home and abroad. Its time for change my people. LETS TAKE ACTION. We dont have to wait for the government they are human like us they will always fail. only God doesn't fail. Peace my fellow Nigerians
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by guyman2(m): 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2008
Wokeyim:

@ Post
UTOPIA!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

Who is this Thomas Moore? undecided undecided undecided

This little girl loves stalking peolpe from most of her previous posts.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by stil(m): 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2008
i imagine it be,9ja will be a place to be to the world cheesy
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by dansmith1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2008
NICE POST! Its a dream that is pretty far fecthed, and something ppl may not know, and for real, is that the change comes fron none other than, wait for it, YOU!

@ poster
by the by, u forgot :
* A nigeria with reduced or without corrupt leaders, armrobbers and no Malaria!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2008
dan smith:

NICE POST! Its a dream that is pretty far fecthed, and something people may not know, and for real, is that the change comes fron none other than, wait for it, YOU!

@ poster
by the by, u forgot :
* A nigeria with reduced or without corrupt leaders, armrobbers and no Malaria!

Nice to wait however, there are some waiting that cld be till the end of the world.
Malaria cld be reduced by the citizen and not necessarily the govt, and we cant blame the govt for malaria, blame the pple, govt never told pple to let the useless tire be on the street and breeding mosquitoes, and was it the govt that will come to ur backyard to make sure it is clean and not infested with mosquitoes.
They can only help after pple have been bitten and are sick with malaria.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by sweetiemi(f): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2008
hi people, enough of the negative thots that its only in our dreams that this can be accomplished!!!

it seams we are tsarting to get there at least here in lagos!

1)roads are getting better
2)power supply in most parts of lagos has become more constant
3)water supply is better i mean its flowing from the taps(am not vouching for its safety though)

at least if we have started achieving these, then there might still be hope that in our generation we will still see the Nigeria of our dreams becoming a
reality

so please dont give up hope lets just keep praying and being a positive contributor it all starts from you and i
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2008
sweetiemi:

hi people, enough of the negative thoughts that its only in our dreams that this can be accomplished!!!

it seams we are tsarting to get there at least here in lagos!

1)roads are getting better
2)power supply in most parts of lagos has become more constant
3)water supply is better i mean its flowing from the taps(am not vouching for its safety though)

at least if we have started achieving these, then there might still be hope that in our generation we will still see the Nigeria of our dreams becoming a
reality

so please don't give up hope lets just keep praying and being a positive contributor it all starts from you and i

Thank you so much for this information, so hope they will be able to extend same to other part of Nigeria, or maybe Nigeria shd ask lagos what they are doing to make such changes.
What part of Lagos do have constant light? this is such a good news
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Agboola1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2008
item no 1 will transform niaja greatly
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2008
Agboola1:

item no 1 will transform niaja greatly

This would drive companies to Nigeria in large numbers, cos of cheap labour, exchange rate of dollars to naira and some other factors
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2008
$$Rhino:

This would drive companies to Nigeria in large numbers, because of cheap labour, exchange rate of dollars to naira and some other factors

I remember I made this same statement about 3 years ago. lol
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by olboy: 12:43am On Sep 18, 2008
me i say let us kill all of those old cargo leaders. can u imagine?! i am 26 yrs old, only the same names in govt ever since i was old enough to know wat the tv was, are still being recycled, and are we the better for it? kil them m****rf****rs, i wonder waht they all are still looking for after toying with and destroying the destinies of millions.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by quadrillio(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2008
its starts from YOU, YOU YOU and YOU
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by amaikama(m): 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2008
$$$Rhino!!! you must be dreaming. that can't happen. where would you put all our sanetors, governors,LG chairmen? wht would happen to them wehn you have such beautiful place in naija?

Please! please!! if this is a joke, stop it. am really fighting for these people to continue their good work of embezzlement. grin
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Backslider(m): 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2008
@post

Most Nigerians think that we must kill off all our leaders to get a better Nigeria. I say that is a deception. What we need do is to create systems. We must solve our problems organically.

Any solution that is not human based forget about it.

Nigerians must be ready to endure if we are to have a Good Nigeria. Lets us look at our problems

You need Data collection and to do this you just need to set up a data collection Authority to give permit for anyone that wants to setup verifiable Data. already I know that there are private data company that some banks Use for a fee in Nigeria. The More Data companies the more the Competion for Verifiable Data.

1) Power

The Niger Delta has all the oil that nigeria uses.

You need to Float

A) Niger delta Oil investment company. (Not oil company)
The company will be Floated for all Niger deltans Born and Unborn. This means you have a share in this Company. The Company will finance small operation Like turn arround maintanance, Oil Exploration and other little things.

B) Niger delta Technical Services and Engineering Cooperation

This will see to it that people from welders and petroleum Engineers are secured Job First and cared for even if they are not Working

C[b]) Niger Delta many Petroluem Universities and Polytechnics 80% indigenous[/b]

All we learn here is about Oil You will have paying student and non paying Student. It Must be an International School

D) Niger delta Fishing and marine Life Technical School.

You must make sure that all children go to school even if you have to carry the teachers to them in the Creeks.

E) Niger Delta Refinery (5 millions barrel per day capacity)

This is a Big one but I will tell you how we can do this in the Niger Delta with all the Problem of Corruption in another post.

2) Security
You Should federalise Your Police Service in Stages.
you can have a Pilot program with States like say KANO OYO BAYELSA ANAMBRA This means that the states in question will pay run their security service by themselves. what this means is that all arrest and intelligence info will be sent to the Federal police Service for review. Any Unrest or problems in a state will be put at the door step of a state governor. The State police will compose of Indigenes.

You need to revise your

A) Mobile Squad (They must be Single or married to one wife) (They must be six feet and above with good physique)
B) Your Police officer Must be First class or second Class Upper
C) Pay of police officer $5000 must have
i. Insurance to life
ii. House mortgage( any police that serves for 5 - 10 years must have ahouse to his name.)
iii. Police must have a police Purchase and Equipment service( they must be unconnected to the police proper)
The Government( NIGERIAN POLICE SERVICE) will make companies bid for the License and there will be a vote by the police service every year where the Junior police men will have 2 votes and their Seniors will have single votes wether to retain the supplier.

Security is a Business if you are not ready to spend Wisely you will loose foolishly.

10 robbers will terrorise a population of 10 million and over for years. what makes them invincible?
They are Motivated in their trade.

you dont need plenty Police officer but you need a good well trained Mobile Squad.

3) Transportation in the Citties

For any City you must have a transport Authority.

a) Their Job is to Sell Liences For you to operate FLEET TRANSPORT (Transportation is not for small scale enterprenuers)
b) See to it that the routes are adhered to
c) Consumer complaints
d) Have transport police trained and are under the Nigerian Police Service

If we have Oyenusi or Anini as head even with God on their side implement this we would have started towards a better Nigeria
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by babseg(m): 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2008
if we have elctricity 24/7 365 some people will go blind, some electronics will spoil, some people will have pnuemonia etc
becos we are not used to it.

water 24/7 some people will shower untill they turn to micheal jackson.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by babseg(m): 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2008
if we have elctricity 24/7 365 some people will go blind, some electronics will spoil, some people will have pnuemonia etc
becos we are not used to it.

Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Gamine(f): 7:46pm On Sep 18, 2008
Rotflmao
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2008
because we are not used to it.

Nigeria people will kill me with laughter

Nigerian are too used to bad things, that they refuse to see good thing
Rhino might have a point, but his idea will be consume by tsunami of negativity
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2008
I think Nigerians has suffered too much that they cant even imagine a suffering-free life.
Too sad, but i am so sure and certain that things will change for Nigeria but not automatic, it will involve us all to put our hands on the deck and do our piece.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2008
So, how many of you have actually called your senators to speak out on the issue of national constitution review going on in abuja?
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by cabali(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2008
so, when will y'all stop talking and swing into action
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2008
cabali:

so, when will y'all stop talking and swing into action

Nigeria's problem never started in one day, and those that fails to plan, plans to fail, so swingin into action is not as easy as you say or said, we need proper planning and making sure we have pple that are willing to "swing' into action like you said.[quote

author=Kobojunkie link=topic=170223.msg2826604#msg2826604 date=1221853806]
So, how many of you have actually called your senators to speak out on the issue of national constitution review going on in abuja?
[quote][/quote]

Hahahahaha, Kobojunke, you always make me laff, lemme ask you, how nigerians will actually talk abt national issues if they have the chance to talk to the Senator, instead, they will pretend like all is well and started talking about how to get some contract or how to get some money for business, that is when Nigerians will wanna impress and start talking about some dead father and how they need money to bury am.
Kobo, i beg, lemme keep my mouth where it belongs jare, i no wanna laff today abt Nija, cos nothing to laff about, but still war never finish the place and that cld be good enuf reason to laff.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2008
So you know all this?? @Rhino LMAO!!!
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So you know all this?? @Rhino LMAO!!!

You bet i know all these, however, all we are trying to do or canvass for is a shift of mental thinkng, for us to change how we think and start thinking out of the box, and not just follow the crowd of follow a path based on how many pple are passing thru it.
Lemme make u laff, i remember when i wanted to start my car buz, and i spoke with a dude around me, cos i wanted to join force with him, the dude said, i shd start first and when he see how it goes, he will join, that is the mentality of our pple, fear of taking risk, fear of being the first to step in the water.
I beg, We we will do our best to see a better nation called Nigeria for our kids.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2008
Don't even get me started on that " START FIRST, WHEN I SEE HOW IT GOES, I GO JOIN YOU" crowd. Now that I think of it, that seems to be the main with a lot Nigerians I have tried working with in the past, even here in America. O GA OOO!! I believe that has been main reason why I quit on so many friendships with nigerians around here. That childish "GO TRY IT First" attitude get's under my skin
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by Ibime(m): 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Please educate us on how to do this. . . . do you have a link to their phone numbers? grin grin grin
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 12:56am On Sep 20, 2008
@Kobo.

I just dont bother anyone with such pple, cos i cant stand pple that have nothing positive to add to life as a value, i have enuf to worry about when i wanna do stuff, so worry about how other pple feels is the least, i have talked to so many about how life is all about a risk and we ave to take it, but most jst want a "hand it to me" kinda lifestyle.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by tpia: 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2008
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2008
tpia, u be yeye man oh, we dont want bribery anymore, let us us all that money to develop and such basket be given to a mother that has lost her husband and has kids to look after.
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by bilymuse: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2008
things fall apart, the centre cannot hold
Re: Imagine This Kind Of Nigeria by ssRhino: 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2008
we have to make the ctre to hold.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors / Anambra's Boko Haram Prisoners And Buhari's Deafening Silence - Sahara Reporters / Female Suicide Bombers Hit Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.