Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:40 PM

NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (69160 Views)

Weekend Betting Tips (11-12/04/2015) / NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Tribute To Africans Who Play In The NFL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 3:30am On Oct 01, 2008
bryan westbrook is more value to the eagles than mcnabb. he is one of the most underated RB's along with frank gore
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2008
bawomolo:

bryan westbrook is more value to the eagles than mcnabb. he is one of the most underated RB's along with frank gore
  Really?
Lets see. Take out McNabb from the eagles superbowl run few years ago and leave in Westbrook do you think they'D have even made the playoffs?

No doubt Westbrook holds his own, but if you're saying who's more valuable, it's hands down McNabb. And the eagles will soon find this out after McNabb leaves this year and ends up in your city of Chicago smiley.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2008
A-40:

Redskins are very big rivals of ours so the loss must have been pretty annoying especially since it happened in Dallas but i think they have made too much noise about this game its just one loss lets move on!!

By the way whats happening at Foxborough?
Things are eerily quiet these days over there smiley I think Belichick musta served large portions of 'humble & humiliated pie' to the team. Hopefully they'll come out of the gates full speed against SF.
Besides everyones eyes are firmly focused on the RedSox playoffs starting today. The angels whopped Boston all season so many fans are justifiably worried smiley
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2008
Lets see. Take out McNabb from the eagles superbowl run few years ago and leave in Westbrook do you think they'D have even made the playoffs?

yes they can, wasn't jeff garcia able to lead the eagles to a respectable record. bryan westbrook is the eagles NO.1 RECEIVER and NO.1 RUSHER. bryan westbrook is what Reggie bush was supposed to be out of college. if donovan mcnabb is more valuable, why was there rumors of him being traded to chicago. mcnabb is only getting rejuvenated due to the presence of desean jackson.

personally i prefer if the bears get a guy like matthew stafford or chase daniels from the draft. air mcnabb would be fine though grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2008
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2008
bawomolo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sehfsdP45w

grin grin
grin He looked like he knew the lyrics pretty good too . . . dude is too old and too smart for crap rap music
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2008
bawomolo:

yes they can, wasn't jeff garcia able to lead the eagles to a respectable record. bryan westbrook is the eagles NO.1 RECEIVER and NO.1 RUSHER. bryan westbrook is what Reggie bush was supposed to be out of college.

I knew you'D bring up good ol' Jeffery Garcia smiley . . . notice your words, he "led the eagles to a respectable record" that is not the same as taking them to the big game. I actually like Garcia and think he did a great job after Donovan went down but make no mistake, he is NOT as good as McNabb. Granted Mc's injury prone, but as of right now, there's no mistaking who's the better choice.

if donovan mcnabb is more valuable, why was there rumors of him being traded to chicago. mcnabb is only getting rejuvenated due to the presence of desean jackson.
   As for the calls to trade him, Philly fans are harsh and unloving and ungrateful (just ask AI, and Barkley). They have never really taken to McNabb. They booed him from day one when he was selected. I mean they haven't seemed to recognize what a good player they have in him, I can count 10 other NFL teams that would trip to have McNabb right now. He's not Manning or Brady, but he's the next best thing.

personally i prefer if the bears get a guy like matthew stafford or chase daniels from the draft. air mcnabb would be fine though grin
  Matthew who? Chase what? please brotha  grin McNabb (who is a chicago born n bred by the way) is better than those options.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2008
JeSoul:

I can count 10 other NFL teams that would trip to have McNabb right now. He's not Manning or Brady, but he's the next best thing.

i dunno about this, an healthy carson palmer shits on donovan mcnabb. Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler are up there too.

Matthew who? Chase what? please brotha  grin McNabb (who is a chicago born n bred by the way) is better than those options.

you are right, i doubt the cheap bears would want to take on his contract. he is definitely a better option than the bipolar kyle orton shocked
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2008
bawomolo:

i don't know about this, an healthy carson palmer shits on donovan mcnabb. Phillip Rivers and Jay Cutler are up there too.

Alright I can see your point, Palmer & Rivers possess the right stuff to strut with McNabb, but I still take Mc over both of them. I'm not so sure about Jayjay though, he still has some proving to do. cheesy

you are right, i doubt the cheap bears would want to take on his contract. he is definitely a better option than the bipolar kyle orton shocked
LOL grin grin Don't be so hard on him, at least he's better than Rexy isn't he? I tell ya if ya'll had rid urselves of Grossman few yrs ago, you'd have had a SB ring on ur fingers.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2008
I rate Rivers pretty high up there with the rest of them

@Jesoul
I am not suprised with all that happened in the close-season y'all could use less of the spotlight and focus on what won you your Superbowl Championships whatever that was
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2008
A-40:

I rate Rivers pretty high up there with the rest of them

@Jesoul
I am not suprised with all that happened in the close-season y'all could use less of the spotlight and focus on what won you your Superbowl Championships whatever that was
hehe . . . cheesy was that a cheap shot at video-gate? grin cool
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 12:02am On Oct 02, 2008
@Jesoul
Hehehe i ll let you tell it wink

Did anyone see the the drama from the Raiders owner Al Davis? firing a coach has never been this dramatic
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2008
See as all of you dey disrespect Mcnabb for here

Are you kidding me. . . .Rivers. As in warped hand motion Rivers

Orisirisi. Donovan you don suffer oo

I remember one time when Rivers was mouthing off on Champ Bailey and Bailey thought twice about replying.
He said, the dude ain't that good anyways so he wouldn't trade words with an average quaterback. I couldn't agree
more

Carson Palmer. shocked shocked shocked Give Mcnabb receivers like Ocho and TJ. . . . .minimum two super bowls
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2008
[s] Doyin which woodwork did you just crawl out from? grin[/s] what I meant to say was how have you been? smiley

doyin13:

I remember one time when Rivers was mouthing off on Champ Bailey and Bailey thought twice about replying.
He said, the dude ain't that good anyways so he wouldn't trade words with an average quaterback. I couldn't agree more
ouch!

Carson Palmer. shocked shocked shocked Give Mcnabb receivers like Ocho and TJ. . . . .minimum two super bowls
Perhaps that's the case that McNabb just needs better talent to garner greater acclaim . . . Brady got Moss and suddenly had the best qb season ever. Yeah to a great extent a qb is only as good as the receivers he has surrounding him.
Which is why I pray McNabb leaves philly for greener pastures . . . I believe he's much better than what his career has shown.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
Hehehe i ll let you tell it wink

Did anyone see the the drama from the Raiders owner Al Davis? firing a coach has never been this dramatic

Omo I saw it oh! that drama pass soap opera for real smiley. I think Al Davis is lying about Kiffin. He looked he was trying too hard to convince us while Kif seemed cool and collected during his rebuttal. Something else musta happened behind closed doors to infuriate Davis that we don't know of.

NFL = Drama. The TO vs Romo thing is still burning and its thursday?
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2008
@Jesoul
I think Al Davis is blaming everyone but himself i am not a huge follower of the Raiders but this is like his 5th coach in 6 years and he's hired everyone of them so he should take some of the blame as far as i am concerned that franchise na joke how they wouldn't lose at least 10 games thiss season is what i want to see

As for T.O and Romo its all lies the media just likes to cause unnecessary confusion
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by doyin13(m): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2008
JeSoul:

[s] Doyin which woodwork did you just crawl out from?  grin[/s] what I meant to say was how have you been? smiley

Mehnnn. . . . lets jus say I wished Credit Crunch was a cereal sad sad sad

Al Davis is loony. . . .He thinks he can keep pulling one out of his hat hiring coaches from left field
It doesn't help either when you interfere in personnel matters at every juncture

Sorry A-40 but the Cowboys are getting on my nerves. After the Patriots, Cowboys are next on my shit
Garnering all the attention.

Anyways. . . .How about my bwoy Jason Campell. Boy is looking good now. Mobile with a strong arm
That just about makes him the best quaterback this side of Pittsburgh.

Word to Roethlisberger(Oruko ju Oruko lo)
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2008
doyin13:

Mehnnn. . . . lets jus say I wished Credit Crunch was a cereal sad sad sad
  eya . . . don't worry ehn, by the grace of God e go betta for you.  smiley  kiss

Al Davis is loony. . . .He thinks he can keep pulling one out of his hat hiring coaches from left field
It doesn't help either when you interfere in personnel matters at every juncture

Sorry A-40 but the Cowboys are getting on my nerves. After the Patriots, Cowboys are next on my shit
Garnering all the attention.

Anyways. . . .How about my bwoy Jason Campell. Boy is looking good now. Mobile with a strong arm
That just about makes him the best quaterback this side of Pittsburgh.

Word to Roethlisberger(Oruko ju Oruko lo)
  lol . . . I think Doyin hates any team that "garners attention" just because they win  cool
So J.Campbell is now ur boy? I thot u were done with black qbs?  smiley
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2008
A-40:

@Jesoul
I think Al Davis is blaming everyone but himself i am not a huge follower of the Raiders but this is like his 5th coach in 6 years and he's hired everyone of them so he should take some of the blame as far as i am concerned that franchise na joke how they wouldn't lose at least 10 games thiss season is what i want to see

As for T.O and Romo its all lies the media just likes to cause unnecessary confusion
  dude looked like he was about to pop a vein during the press conf  cheesy. He even take mouth talk say the Pats "tampered" with Randy Moss before signing him . . . so now the Pats are also the cause for the Raiders failure - while we're at it lets blame George Bush too for the "suckiness" of the raiders grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 11:12pm On Oct 02, 2008
@doyin13
What team do you support by the way? Its not our fault ooh most of these American Sports journalists are fresh out of things to write hence if T.O coughs or Romo changes a fan's flat tire they would write about it in the News and talk about it on PTI tongue

Roethlisberger!! yeah that was the name i was having a hard time to spell not to talk of pronounce i still can't get over the number of times he was sacked in one quarter against the Eagles (6) it was unbelieveable

@Jesoul
Don't mind the old man instead of him to go and relax somewhere and leave the running of the Raiders to younger hands! that man is just a drama King he called Kifffen a liar at least 5 times and even had a Powerpoint Presentation on what he did and did not say he should give the young man a break he was still a greenhorn at 31 fresh out of college coaching and you throw him in the hot seat and then things go wrong and this senile old man refuses to take some of the blame tongue
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 11:44pm On Oct 02, 2008
Are you kidding me. . . .Rivers. As in warped hand motion Rivers

it worked pretty fine in NC state. 

mcnabb had T.O and got to the superbowl but still he had a good D.  they don't play defense in cincy. T.J has caught 29TD from carson palmer in the last 3seasons or so.  Ocho sinko has had career seasons as well.   do u think T.J was considered a premier receiver coming out of oregon state. carson is still trying to get back from a bad knee.  phillip rivers to antonio gates better pass anything wey mcnabb get  grin

there was a good reason matt cassell was stuck behind matt leinart and carson palmer.  useless QB  cheesy

no mind doyin o, vince young aka black jesus would come back
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2008
Week 5 Picks:

SD @ Miami - No self-respecting team should lose against Miami (you hear me Patriots? angry )
Washington @ Philly - Tough call here, Wash has momentum, but I like McNabb to do well at home
Seattle @ NYG - angry I know those evil giants will win again but I'm hoping for an upset
Indy @ Texans - hehe Onyinye, your boys are about to be 0-4
Chicago @ Det - Chicago shouldn't have an problems with the [i]w[/i]igers.
Cincy @ Cowboys - Game of the weekend. Cincy is hungry at 0-4 n Dallas is reeling from last weeks loss - it's a perfect upset situation. But A-40's boys should win.
NE @ SF - I don't see how a humiliated Pats will come back home 2-2, they need to win to restore their pride.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2008
JeSoul:

Week 5 Picks:

SD @ Miami - No self-respecting team should lose against Miami (you hear me Patriots? angry )
Washington @ Philly - Tough call here, Wash has momentum, but I like McNabb to do well at home
Seattle @ NYG - angry I know those evil giants will win again but I'm hoping for an upset
Indy @ Texans - hehe Onyinye, your boys are about to be 0-4
Chicago @ Det - Chicago shouldn't have an problems with the [i]w[/i]igers.
Cincy @ Cowboys - Game of the weekend. Cincy is hungry at 0-4 n Dallas is reeling from last weeks loss - it's a perfect upset situation. But A-40's boys should win.
NE @ SF - I don't see how a humiliated Pats will come back home 2-2, they need to win to restore their pride.
The Bolts should beat Miami easy

Washington vs Philly thats probably my pick of the weekend they are both division rivals to the Cowboys so i couldn't care less but its gonna be a tough tough game the Redskins are slight favorites if they play as good as they did against us

Seattle would get roasted by the Giants those guys mean business

Can the Texans beat the Colts? Anything can happen but not this weekend i will go with you Jesoul

Chicago vs Detroit? That one na walk-over now

Cincy's poor defense means we should be able to pick a win over Ocho Cinco and his troops they simply have not been good enough so far.Lets go Cowboys

The 49ers are not too shabby and if the Pats don't bring their A-game they might bet beaten

@Jesoul
You left out the Steelers and the Jaguars thats another cracking game even though the Steelers are my team in the AFC i would tilt towards the Jags
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2008
A-40:

Cincy's poor defense means we should be able to pick a win over Ocho Cinco and his troops they simply have not been good enough so far.Lets go Cowboys
you heard Ocho pretty much guaranteed a touchdown against ur bwoys? after which he would kiss the dallas star symbol as a sign of 'respect' for that "great organization" - Chad Johnson is a character! cheesy

@Jesoul
You left out the Steelers and the Jaguars thats another cracking game even though the Steelers are my team in the AFC i would tilt towards the Jags

I'm bored with the Steelers. It seems they get less exciting everytime I watch them play. They're a shadow of the team that won the SB few yrs ago.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by ochocinco1(m): 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2008
Its Ocho Cinco Y'all grin grin grin

Season's started badly for the Bengals but my name change
is gonna have its effect soon enough

I ma torch Terence or Pacman for at least 100 yards either side.

I got my new Post route all sorted out and I ma put myself right in
that sweet slot to show dem Cowboy linebackers aint shit.

Ocho Ocho Ocho Ocho
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2008
hehe A-40 what are you going to do about this?

ocho cinco:

Its Ocho Cinco Y'all grin grin grin

Season's started badly for the Bengals but my name change
is going to have its effect soon enough

I ma torch Terence or Pacman for at least 100 yards either side.

I got my new Post route all sorted out and I ma put myself right in
that sweet slot to show them Cowboy linebackers aint shit.

Ocho Ocho Ocho Ocho
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by millco88(f): 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2008
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2008
ROTFLOL, millco88, I hail you! you got nerve postin up a dolphins logo grin grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by ochocinco1(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2008
@Jesoul

Oooh Weeee

Is that you on the TV Screen,  cause you got that TV all hot and sizzling.

And you like Poetry. . . . . .You knw when I am catching those bombs thrown by Carson,
It be like poetry in motion.

Holla at your boy, so you can feel my silky Bengal fur  wink wink wink
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by millco88(f): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2008
JeSoul:

ROTFLOL, millco88, I hail you! you got nerve postin up a dolphins logo grin grin

Our team has much improved this season, though looking forward to a 6-10 record. I still have pride for my Dolphins, despite last years debacle.

We had arguably the best QB in NFL history
The winningest coach in NFL history
The best center in NFL history
Only undefeated season in NFL history
The winningest franchise (%-wise) in NFL history (even if you count the 1-15 last season)
Been to the SB 5 times

Not many teams have as good a resume.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by millco88(f): 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2008
JeSoul:

Mind if I ask are you into TV/radio broadcasting of some sort?
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 12:08am On Oct 04, 2008
@Jesoul
Don't mind Ocho Clowno they are going down 0-5 after all is said and done a weak team that could not even beat the Browns na Cowboys them wan beat tongue.How would they stop us with that porous defense?
I see T.O making at least 8 catches and a TD
Barber and Felix Jones should drop 3 TD between em

The Steelers and Jags would still be pretty interesting though and the Steelers just might have a chance if they can protect their Quarter-Back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (80) (Reply)

Marcus Rashford Ghanaian Boy Lookalike Becomes Online Sensation / Chichi Igbo Slays In Gown, Couldn't Recognize Herself / "Zlatan Ibrahimovic Can Have Sex With My Wife" - Manchester United Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.