Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Nigerians - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians (1063 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians by Cayon(f): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2008
say you are accomodating a Nigerian family and you don't want to disrespect their culture or the family . what are the do's and don't.

so far I am trying to cook more african dishes
Re: Nigerians by abdurrazaq(m): 11:24am On Sep 13, 2008
You have to respect the Elders among them (Father/Mother).
Don't correct the elders of their mistakes in front of their children.
If they are Yorubas undecided you should at least bow a bit (if you can't kneel down) when greeting the elders, provided they are older than you.

If you shed more light on your relationship with this family and how old the parents are compare to you, I may be able to help better.
Re: Nigerians by Cayon(f): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2008
Thanks. We are getting along real fine now.

I am going through this Culture section and I am in shock and awe of some of the things I am reading. Anyway, I don't want to be too judgemental based on what I am reading. Charity begins at home. From my personal experience (since i joined), the way how I see some men carry-on (angry, disrespectful and nasty) on this forum - I wonder if they are married or have girlfriends. And if they are, I wonder what's going on in their homes.

Peace
Re: Nigerians by manmustwac(m): 1:22am On Sep 15, 2008
Cayon arn't u a nigerian?
Re: Nigerians by Cayon(f): 2:17am On Sep 15, 2008
I don' know what I am anymore.

All i can tell you is - My mother is of european decendants (white) but was born in the caribbean. She met a lying black man from Nigeria. I was born.

Peace
Re: Nigerians by omoge(f): 2:24am On Sep 15, 2008
lying black man from nigeria lol grin
Re: Nigerians by spikedcylinder: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2008
Cayon:

say you are accomodating a Nigerian family and you don't want to disrespect their culture or the family . what are the do's and don't.

so far I am trying to cook more african dishes

They would appreciate that based on where they are from i. e what you cook will be better appreciated if it is related to their native dish. smiley
Re: Nigerians by JustGood(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2008
You should ask your lying father how to accommodate a Nigerian family

Cayon:

All i can tell you is - My mother is of european decendants (white) but was born in the caribbean. She met a lying black man from Nigeria. I was born.

Peace

Re: Nigerians by Cayon(f): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2008
JustGood:

I pointed out to you the stars and all you saw was the tip of my finger.

Peace
Re: Nigerians by spikedcylinder: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2008
JustGood:

Cayon:

Peace

smiley smiley cheesy
Re: Nigerians by JustGood(m): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2008
Cayon:

Peace

The tip of your finger is enough to indicate that you're leprous and blind; hence you cant see the stars to point them out
Re: Nigerians by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2008
Re: Nigerians by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2008
Re: Nigerians by zelaws: 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ justgood
your are far away from ur name i think u need to change that name
ur must be a lion in sheeps cloth
well by their post we shall know them
@Cayon
you call ur dad lying
in nigeria that is disrespect so get it right when relating to ur naijja guest
Re: Nigerians by Cayon(f): 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2008
zelaws:

I'll never call my Father a liar in front his face. why? i don't want my teeth to be on the ground. I wrote that b/c I know he lies. And he does. . . .trust me.

Peace
Re: Nigerians by manmustwac(m): 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2008
Cayon:

Peace

Cayon haven't you ever been to nigeria before? Arn't you familiar with nigerian culture?
Re: Nigerians by Cayon(f): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2008
@manmus:

No I've never been to Nigeria but God spare life I am visiting next year.  Honestly, while my father was living in the BVI with my mother - he never did some of the things his son is doing.  For the two weeks I am home I am learning by watching.  My brother is a man of few words (maybe b/c its Ramadan)  The four kids I adore and they love me. The mother and Father are going to a Mosque at 5pm.  The kids and I are going shopping.  When the Mother comes home, she is going to look at what I buy for them, then she is going to throw her hand in the air then start talking in her language  grin grin grin grin.  She does that all the time. she is funny.

I have to go

Peace
Re: Nigerians by JustGood(m): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2008
@doyin, if you think I care about your useless rant, think again.
If you're in the habit of jumping into things that dont concern you and which you dont understand the roots of, you must have had a few bad experiences in your life. Go ahead because you cant be touched online
Re: Nigerians by JustGood(m): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2008
zelaws, my response has a reason. so please dont jump in without finding out what's going on.

The woman insulted me for disagreeing with her view on another thread. It is not in my nature to attack anyone or insult anyone for no reason but if I get insulted, I give it back in return
Re: Nigerians by Cayon(f): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2008
@justgood:

I am up early b/c I had to join a conference call.  But b/4 I go to bed let me say this to you.

Are you trying to look sympathy from others?

We women are very sensitive but you took the icing so I am wondering if you are really a man

When and what day I insulted you?  Please post thread. And it better be yesterday?  Because it would be more embarrasing to see a man carrying "hate" for days now.  Talk about sensitivity

God, i have never seen a man like you behaving like a little kid.

You and SOME others think b/c y'all are men - women must not challenge y'all.  Guess what?  This is the internet and y'all cannot keep  a woman quiet . . . . .well at least me.

For the love of God, get over your hatred, anger, envious spirity, controlling woman attitiude, grow up and get well soon.

Again, I pointed out to you the stars and all you saw was the tip of my finger

Good night - i am going ot bed
Re: Nigerians by JustGood(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2008
Cayon:

@justgood:

I am up early b/c I had to join a conference call.  But b/4 I go to bed let me say this to you.

Are you trying to look sympathy from others?

We women are very sensitive but you took the icing so I am wondering if you are really a man

When and what day I insulted you?  And it better be yesterday?  Because it would be more embarrasing to see a man carrying "hate" for days now.  Talk about sensitivity

God, i have never seen a man like you behaving like a little kid.

You and SOME others think b/c y'all are men - women must not challenge y'all.  Guess what?  This is the internet and y'all cannot keep  a woman quiet . . . . .well at least me.

For the love of God, get over your hatred, envious spirity, controlling woman attitiude, grow up and get well soon.

Again, I pointed out to you the stars and all you saw was the tip of my finger

Good night - i am going ot bed

Oh yes. you know you insulted me yesterday for no reason but you think I should just accept your insult. I don't take insults and accept them, I am not the type of man who allows everyone to walk all over him. If you have been brought up to believe that being a woman gives you the right to insult people, I was not brought up to allow myself get walked over by anyone - man or woman.

If I control women, it's my life not yours and I have not invited you to my life to be controlled. Is it not for my wife to say if I control women or not?
Besides, when did it become a sin to like to control? It's up to everyone to decide what they can accept and what they can't. Any woman who doesn't like to be controlled should find a man that is non-controlling and every man who likes to control should find a woman that doesn't mind being controlled.

It is obvious without your saying so that you have never seen a man like me. That's why you trawl the internet day and night searching for what you're searching for. you will always get the same ind you've always got

silly women are trying to impose their wishes on the rest of mankind and make every man and woman be subject to their whims. If a woman is not as domineering as they are, they label her as being in slavery. If a woman is uncontrollable and wayward, they call her independent. Your end is obviously one of misery 

Please go and hug your pillow. You'll do so for long OR maybe you have a rubber for your pleasure lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2008
Re: Nigerians by JustGood(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2008
Thanks Siena, but forgiveness comes naturally not when I am forced to forget things.

I don't like anyone to imagine that because I am a man, I should always allow myself to be trampled upon by some of these so-called wise women who's stock in trade is to attack men and watch men sulk.

Thanks anyway.
Re: Nigerians by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2008
Re: Nigerians by janami(f): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2008
hmm.  .  .  . just be urself and learn from these people, woteva happens, chuck it down to experience
Re: Nigerians by Cayon(f): 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2008
JustGood:

Oh yes. you know you insulted me yesterday for no reason but you think I should just accept your insult. I don't take insults and accept them, I am not the type of man who allows everyone to walk all over him. If you have been brought up to believe that being a woman gives you the right to insult people, I was not brought up to allow myself get walked over by anyone - man or woman.

If I control women, it's my life not yours and I have not invited you to my life to be controlled. Is it not for my wife to say if I control women or not?
Besides, when did it become a sin to like to control? It's up to everyone to decide what they can accept and what they can't. Any woman who doesn't like to be controlled should find a man that is non-controlling and every man who likes to control should find a woman that doesn't mind being controlled.

It is obvious without your saying so that you have never seen a man like me. That's why you trawl the internet day and night searching for what you're searching for. you will always get the same ind you've always got

silly women are trying to impose their wishes on the rest of mankind and make every man and woman be subject to their whims. If a woman is not as domineering as they are, they label her as being in slavery. If a woman is uncontrollable and wayward, they call her independent. Your end is obviously one of misery

Please go and hug your pillow. You'll do so for long OR maybe you have a rubber for your pleasure lipsrsealed
Obviously, you are looking for someone to take out your frustration and bitterness on. Your email above is so full of 'what makes the grass grow green' that I'm going to print out a copy and put it on my lawn (if it ever warms up enough to start the grass growing). I am a blessed child so my end is not going to be one of misery. God is my keeper and my shelter.

Peace

(1) (Reply)

I Just Find Out That I Am ,, / By Language: Auf Deutsch!! / 16 Signs You Are Emotionally Intelligent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.