Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? (8101 Views)

What I Gain And Learnt When Reading Bible And Quran Under The Freedom Of Worship / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? by huxley(m): 11:55pm On Sep 12, 2008
I recently saw a video in which little christian kids were being taught amongst other things speaking in tongues.  I thought this was a "gift" of the spirit.  So is speaking in tongues a learnt skill or a gift?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Enjoy
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? by AKO1(m): 11:59pm On Sep 12, 2008
They are little children. Do you think God would be angry at them for doing what they cant understand yet?
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? by huxley(m): 12:04am On Sep 13, 2008
A_K_O:

They are little children. Do you think God would be angry at them for doing what they can't understand yet?

they are being taught by adults
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? by AKO1(m): 12:13am On Sep 13, 2008
Speaking in tongues is not supposed to be taught like you would teach a child ABC.

If anybody would rather call it a gift, fine. But its definately not to be taught.

Does any other christian have anything to add?
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 13, 2008
its a gift. Many adults (myself inclusive) unfortunately dont have it. My dad does but i dont remember him trying to force me to learn it.
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? by EDIPO(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2008
i have heard a very terrible experience about speaking in tongues when i was young. my cousins took me to church despite the fact that i am a muslim. new comers were invited for a special meeting and one of the things we were thought was how to speak in tongues.

in order to flow with the trend, i faked mine and the pastor was happy to hear me speak in tongue, he has got a new soldier you'd say.

a gift of the holy spirit can not be thought.

thats my opinion.
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? by Africankel(m): 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2008
@davidylan, You've not got the gift doesnt mean it has not been given, You've just not recieved.

@E_DIPO, You faked yours because u wanted to feel among, if you've gat the Holy Spirit, you ought to speak,
Re: Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Taught And Learnt? by AKO1(m): 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2008
Please e ma binu the thread will go back to its place in a mo.

My mistake.

(1)

Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Pastor David Ibiyeomie / God Is A Lie / "I'm Tired Of Being A Christian", A Think-piece For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.