Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? (14488 Views)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. / Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by igwe11(m): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2008
delegiwa:

Ol boy, You better see caution there oh. How u go say somebody kill me? Dem born de person well?

You had better take time there oh.

Sorry sir!!!!!!!

No bi your own delegiwa
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by igwe11(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2008
but now wey i don see your picture, if na you dey for that pic,
am afraid the pix represents reincarnated dele,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by omosor: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2008
cars should be with security codes. so that wen they get away with your car, just live them and go or call on Glo or MTN to detect it for u. i know its going to be alot but i pray someone makes it easier for 9jarians
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by eudio(f): 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
why on earth would a sane person struggle with an armed rubber?

it is not worth the stress, because these people will kill u and still take away ur things.

so u can see it's really not worth it.

let them go with whatever they asked u for and u will most definitely replace these things even with better ones.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Babyboy26(m): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2008
if na me,I no go gree them at all cos i don face more that that when i dey for higher institution.I will definitely fight back and won.This is just for those who can take up the challenge,I mean for the BRAVE OPNES.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha a ha ha ha ha hah ah ah ah
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by shylladear(f): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2008
@poster
i might leave the car for them, cause i dont think it is worth risking my life
and maybe i will fight for it cause some robbers no matter how you subject to their request they end up killing you (but how can i tell if they will kill me after giving them the car or not?)
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Dijoka(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2008
I dont blive these stories as well xpecially the shot in the head story.

Well my advice is this, when ever you r attacked by robbers {armed} stay calm, deliver every every and dont try to fight us, cos we {the robbers} could be deadly when attacked. That is that.

Wait o! Did i say we? well its not wat u fink.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by timbabng(m): 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2008
Babyboy26:

if na me,I no go gree them at all because i don face more that that when i dey for higher institution.I will definitely fight back and won.This is just for those who can take up the challenge,I mean for the BRAVE OPNES.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha a ha ha ha ha hah ah ah ah

. . . . .have you been shot in the head?
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by timbabng(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2008
Dijoka:

because we {the robbers} could be deadly when attacked. That is that.

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2008
MY DEAR SIMPLY GIVE DEM OHH AND RUN FOR UR LIFE, shocked. U DEY NAIJA ND U STILL DEY ASK WETIN 2 DO

Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by m: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2008
Just give the Bleep up and run like Usain bolt.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by freezze(m): 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2008
emeke 123 or wetin you call your self dem dey talk sense for here you dey yan rubbish. weting dey you brain garri or blood.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Jerjens: 8:29am On Sep 18, 2008
my friend threw his keys away they left the car alright, but they also forgot a knife in his gut, ssheee!!
i think retaliation depends on ones disposition,
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by igwe11(m): 9:14am On Sep 18, 2008
Jerjens:

my friend threw his keys away they left the car alright, but they also forgot a knife in his gut, ssheee!!
i think retaliation depends on ones disposition,

you know, this could be dangerous especially when is heartless ones.unless it's dark  sure of dodging their  bullets or better still not close to the scene and no means of escape.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by favcom(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2008
Leave it for them and pray for them too - in their presence
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by affee(f): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2008
blood of JESUS cover me o but I still need get insurance sha.

i no blame the guy.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by kumbalo(m): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2008
Why struggle with car theives? Silly thing to do if you ask me.

@post

My boyfriend and i were driving on Badagry-Mile 2 expressway late year and we were stuck in traffic only for us to be accosted by armed robbers.

My boyfriend's reaction was so calm and matured. Infact, i was soooo impressed although at the time it happened,  i almost fainted!

The robbers tapped his window with a gun. My boyfriend rolled down the window, before the robbers could even disclose their intentions, he told the robbers to take things easy and calmly asked the robbers if they wanted the car that he would switch off the engine and give them the car keys.

So robbers came in, ransacked his pockets, took his wallets and cell phones, ( them no even do like say i dey inside the car) and then told him to get out and take his iyawo along and he handed over the car keys to them. No struggles, no too much english and no rough handling!

Car was later found though. Somewhere at Epe !!!! 
it could only take divine intervention for someone to be alive after being shot on his head, however it was a foolish thing he did, he placed monetary values before his life.
I have heard stories like yours, maybe the vehicle was not even taken away eventually. what a pity sad
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by bababuff(m): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2008
@delegiwa
This your profile picture funny O! Is that "high waist" or what?
I no know sey vulcanizers sef the browse internet.

To the topic: Leave the car for them, and keep your life.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by galatico(m): 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2008
Oh what a shame the guy values his car more than his life,
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by mrover(m): 11:13am On Sep 20, 2008
@kumbalo
I agree wiv u, its preposterous to struggle wiv thieves cos they hold no value for life. Chk guardian thursday sept 18th, on page 3, a guy was shot dead in his car by gunmen in a trafic jam near toyota bus stop sad cry although they didnt state the circumstances that lead to dat but its so gruesome, better to give them wat they want and save one's life.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by kodderone(m): 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2008
Hey,

No matter how costly the car or whatever is,

just let it go because, the same way in which

you manage to get that thing, you will still get

it again instead of losing your precious life for

what worth nothing.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by md4real(m): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2008
ROBBERS WANT MY CAR? simply drop em the key and liver continues cos im surely going to get a better one. if you want to be a HERO, than fight. in the process, kill or be killed. GOD save you if they are more than one
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by ifele(m): 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2008
my brothers I am very lonely here. I wish I was around fellow Nigerians.
I need some friends badly. Becausd od life experiences I do not trust christians.
I fear my own people. Too many failures in my life. I am worried sick. My life.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by biolabee(m): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2008
though this is the wrong post the question is what do u want an online friendship or to use this forum to initiatde one that cld be usful to u over where u r
then ur sex?
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by domwas2(m): 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2008
Keep Your Car From Becoming A Shopping Spree For Thieves

According to the National Crime Prevention Council, it takes a professional car thief less than 30 seconds to break a window, unlock the door and steal anything that’s inside. Property theft from cars is mostly a crime of opportunity. Because of an increase in theft from cars, the Washington, DC Metropolitan Police Department sent these tips to residents and they’re useful regardless where you live:

Keep Your Valuables Out of Sight Never leave cell phones, briefcases, suitcases, or electronic devices (walkmans, palm pilots, laptop computers, etc.) in your car in plain view. Take these items with you, or secure them—all the time, every time.
Use Your Trunk If your car has a trunk, use it. Put valuables in there or in a locked glove compartment. Hiding items under seats is better than leaving them in plain view.
Don’t Tempt Thieves with New Purchases Anytime you’re shopping, place packages in the trunk, not on the passenger seats or floors.
Remove Your Radio Faceplate If you can unfasten your sound system and take it with you, or lock it in your trunk, do so. And don’t forget to do the same with your CDs and tapes, GPS or other electronic equipment.
Lock It Up Also, keep your car doors and windows locked—all the time!
Remember: “Outta sight, outta mind”—if thieves can’t see your valuables, they’re less likely to waste their time targeting your auto. Take the time to secure your valuables; it makes a difference. Also consider installing an alarm. Only one in four cars is equipped with a security system, reports the New York Daily News, so most thieves will be deterred by that blinking red light and search instead for cars that don’t scream for attention.

Beware!!!!!

Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Frizy(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2008
I throw my keys into the bush and jump into the river. grin grin grin.Luckily I can swim.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by igwe11(m): 7:49pm On Sep 25, 2008
Frizy:

I throw my keys into the bush and jump into the river. grin grin grin.Luckily I can swim.
[size=18pt]What if it happens near mountain?[/size] lol    grin grin [size=14pt]You will climb[/size]  grin grin  I wish you all the strength you need
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by onehouse(m): 12:55am On Sep 30, 2008
i will not advise anyone stand up against any guy from the under world.Just like the other day,right in front of my close,a guy was shot just because he refused to hand over his Nokia 3310 phone, I can tell you the true,the guy bleed to death. The question for everyone is this, can nokia 3310 return a life back from the grave? or can a man's life yield better things than a Nokia Phone after being rubbed?
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by igwe11(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2008
onehouse:

i will not advise anyone stand up against any guy from the under world.Just like the other day,right in front of my close,a guy was shot just because he refused to hand over his Nokia 3310 phone, I can tell you the true,the guy bleed to death. The question for everyone is this, can nokia 3310 return a life back from the grave? or can a man's life yield better things than a Nokia Phone after being rubbed?

Bros, na this year the thing happen or 2001?
if na this year the happen, that means the rubbers do mistake.i know say 3310 no reach the price of the bullet wasted.
it could be out disappointment in the side of the rubbers.
is a pity.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by emeke123(m): 6:27pm On Sep 30, 2008
@freezze

na bload they my brian,  And I do make sense because the last time i checked this is a forum based on people opinions,  So no be my fault if something dey worri you or something catch you for head.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Ruddyface(f): 3:05am On Oct 01, 2008
I will simply stand on one foot and point at them using the other foot in a 90 degree manner and curse them. Instantly, horns would grow where eyes used to be on their faces. grin grin

Ah, no try me o! cool
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by nikitareal(f): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2008
oma se o
tis a pity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stollen Catalytic Converter / Toyota Camry Transmission Issue / Funny Things Non-Car Enthusiasts Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.