Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? (14487 Views)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. / Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by samosward(m): 7:57am On Oct 05, 2008
LOL,
I'd been it was me, uhm, I would just shout and tell them to wait, that they should wait for me to bring my bible grin then I will rush to my house and bring my bible and then start preaching to them that it is a sin cheesy grin tongue so they would repent and wouldn't steal my car LOL LOL LOL
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by nomanicole(f): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2008
which kyn motor be dat?even if na flying car awy dey even turn to ship on top water.please guys lets be real,no be to run?and for the guy that stood watching,there's something they call stray bullet,next next,hear 4rm gist dont witness.hmmmmmm!
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by zarazara: 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2008
I don't get why people would want to risk their lives for material things; isn't a life worth more than 10 cars?
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by ricardo007(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2008
trust me, i got security and tracker. if they tried that with me, i'd take the next cab and spy them down. grin
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by djcrucifix(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2008
what will a normal thinking nigerian do? undecided free them of course!, me i no wan die c'cos of ride.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by SylviaCozy(f): 11:58am On Oct 10, 2008
Itz a terrible circumstance, but my brother, give up the car and claim ur life once again!

Life no dey for market oh! U fit buy car again!
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by ezeagu(m): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2008
*run*
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by chessguru(m): 8:24am On Oct 13, 2008
@post
better be wise and avoid injuries to your self, except you feel you are ready to die, then kamikazee can happen if you are trained forthat, lol
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by lysaa(f): 9:32am On Oct 13, 2008
Mehn, I don dey rehearse some stunts like forever in my mind lol so pity on whoever I unleash them on.  grin

Ok like for real for real, there's no material thing thats worth dying for when u can get it again and even in multiple fold. Cars, money whatever as long as it doesnt have blood flowing in it (even animal animal) does not cut the slack of stakin a life for. no need to form grags with anyone with a gun in his hand o, there's a bad spirit that easily moves them to pull the trigger.
I'm wondering where that guy got his liver to fight the thieves from to the extent of breaking his car windscreen. hmm, he prolly know them or  would say its just a bad opportunity to practice marshal act when one could easily audition for stuntin in nollywood. lol. I mean it tho  undecided
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by IvyC: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2008
wow, that is sad, but u cannot compare ur life wif a car, if they ask u to give 'em the car, he hold a gun to ur head n gives u 5 sec, u wnt even knw when u gave him d keys, even if u say u believe i God, hewnt cum from up n tell the robbers to go nw, na prayer u go do so it wnt happen to u,
i wud give 'em my car without any hesitation,
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by IvyC: 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2008
@ samosward
, joker, cheesy
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by amplified: 5:10am On Oct 14, 2008
wow i just come across this on here and it's so interesting, what will you do is thieves what's to collect you car? it's a big question i guess, it happened to me just about 5 days ago in ketu, when i went to see my producer, they came in and burst in to 3 shops at a time, while i was in the bar with the guy i went there to see, the fellow co victim were a pharmaceutical shop and the others were the bar that am into and a supper market, who so ever that witness will know that this guys are really mean, we all ran inside the shop and 3 guys came i for us, they all on guns and the collected everything on everyone inside the shop including me, i was wearing an expensive chain, that wort about 80k, they collected it and the money on me, and later they said i should let go on my car, i followed them and gave them the keys, i started the car for them myself and they leave with it, i know it has security so i could bother about the car, so they left, when they get to a setting point the car went off and they ran from there, but i know it that i will see the car in a close place, so i take a bike cause if we should invite our naija police you definitely know what they will do, they will either detained you as a suspect that to investigate the crime, so i left for home, since then have been thanking god for my life for not allowing them to take my life instead of the car. i know i can achieve more than that even if they go with it, so you can learn from this and thanks god for me also. cute nature, a.k.a control master. check my video out on every naija tv stations and on cable, them wan kill me before my money come. god no go gree for them. one love.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by 190: 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2008
grin grin grin ha ha ha, @ amplified u don dey crase abi
u wan use the opportunity take advertise ur video 4 here abi,
ha ha ha grin grin grin
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2008
@ Topic

Call your insurance company.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Pennywise(m): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2008
This thread makes a very interesting reading as it should for every Nigerian living here or even visiting.Thankfully I have never been a victim of an armed robbery attack in my adult life even though sometimes I wonder why grin. Generally, problems are best avoided than solved. And finding yourself in the middle of an on-going robbery is one serious problem bro.

Some people have tried to advance useful tips, here are some of mine:

We need to have situational awareness at all times.In Nigeria you don't have the luxury of being carried away in your thoughts while on the road. People have paid dearly with their lives.See no evil, hear no evil and evil will surely find U. You will be amazed how a little eye contact changes every thing in a setup primed for robbery.

Next, learn to avoid or manage vulnerable points on the road.This will include avoiding identified, notorious blackspots even if it means staying a little while longer in main traffic.Keep your ear to the ground during social interactions and the media for these places. Another vulnerable point is at the entry gate where so many lives have been 'offed'.Treat anyone hanging outside your gate as a prospective armed robber or assassin.Its the cheapest and easiest for them.And do not impede your ability to get away by directly facing an unopened gate.

Avoid really cozy cars at night even if na lift. Our babes in the house, shey una hear.Them say fly wey no hear word dey follow dead body enter grave.

May we all enjoy this Christmas without any sad tale about armed robbers. Amen.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by KIDD(m): 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2008
People, i'm in Asaba, my 190 was snatched last year, i co-operated with the buggers and we found the car 3 days later. This year my end of discussion was snatched, they took me for a ride, dumped me on the express, half naked i didn't panic, cos of the tracker. Believe it or not d contraption didn't work. It accepted my call, but rejected the password. But i lived. The idiot used my phone to call his girlfriend in Auchi, so we got my call records from MTN, traced his girl and parents (with no help from the police) we have identified and arrested his parents and sister, who tried to cover him, but he is on the run.
Bottomline is, i survived and i'll buy a Murano thru Nairaland autos in January, cos the offers are unbelievable. We have no security in Naija but ourselves and God. The police charge you for picking up suspects, they even ask you for extra money if you want suspects killed. One suspect was killed by them, because he didn't co-operate, i beleive he worked for their oga who they didn't want exposed. The best assurance is comprehensive insurance from a reliable insurance company, , let them worry. There's a thin line between heroism and stuupidity, if the sh*t works, u a hero, if it fails everyone asks how you could have been so stupid. Now you choose ,
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Pennywise(m): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2008
KIDD:

People, i'm in Asaba, my 190 was snatched last year, i co-operated with the buggers and we found the car 3 days later. This year my end of discussion was snatched, they took me for a ride, dumped me on the express, half naked i didn't panic, because of the tracker. Believe it or not d contraption didn't work. It accepted my call, but rejected the password. But i lived. The idiot used my phone to call his girlfriend in Auchi, so we got my call records from MTN, traced his girl and parents (with no help from the police) we have identified and arrested his parents and sister, who tried to cover him, but he is on the run.
Congrats to you bro.What you need to do now is to put up wanted posters with a small reward (most peeps will gladly call for free) in his neighbourhood.When he starts feeling comfortable coming around, you make your move.Meanwhile sit on his parents for as long as possible.
KIDD:

There's a thin line between heroism and stuupidity, if the sh*t works, u a hero, if it fails everyone asks how you could have been so stupid. Now you choose , 
Unfortunately some folks who got shot put up no resistance. Sometimes its just percieved threat where non exists.So, perhaps its best to not only cooperate but reassure and play along.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by chelseabmw(m): 8:41am On Jan 09, 2010
I will surrender sharply without wasting time
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by calabaman(m): 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2010
2bad o, Kai!! But e beta pass the case wey armed rubber shoot person cos of nokia 3310
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by hikins: 11:54pm On May 28, 2010
o boy the problem no get solution, my own na no drive flashy moto
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by drhappy(m): 6:33am On Jun 01, 2010
I was attacked by six armed guys last year january at the entrance gate of the estate where I live.They told me to get down from the car and lie face down on the tarmac and I complied.My two mobile phones,wedding ring and my new honda accord were taken away without any struggle.After reporting at the police station,I got home late at night to embrace my wifey and kid and even prayed to God that I am alive and well cos you can be alive with hot leads in your body.We attended sunday service the following morning and by the time I was about to eat lunch after church,my phone rang and police informed me that the car was found abandoned at the scene of another robbery.It is not worth it struggling with these guys at all.I have sold even the car and bought other ones cos am not dead.When there is life,there will definitely be hope, Material things are not worth dying for.A car could get accident,burned,smashed and life continues,so why fight robbers,

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by Busybody2(f): 8:27am On Jun 01, 2010
drhappy:

. . .When there is life,there will definitely be hope, Material things are not worth dying for.A car could get accident,burned,smashed and life continues,so why fight robbers,

Wise words, never thought of it that way before though, we learn something new everyday, thanks cool cool cool
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by igahdavid(m): 10:26am On Jun 01, 2010
ricardo007:

trust me, i got security and tracker. if they tried that with me, i'd take the next cab and spy them down. grin
You don't need to fight armed robbers. Once you have security / Tracking device, believe me, you will be more calm during Car snatching.
For your reliable tracking service call D-TECH 08033141851
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by chelseabmw(m): 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2010
i will never drag with robbers,NEVER!
I dey craze? grin
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by harakiri(m): 1:47am On Sep 05, 2010
@Poster

Unless the car in question was a Rolls Royce,Bentley Mulsanne or Maybach Excelero. . .what your friend did was dumb! I just hope all that wasn't for a Toyota or Honda coz that would be really embarrassing to think about. If Nigeria was a country were one has a large array of legitimate guns to choose from both for home and car protection, then all these would come down to a bare minimum. Who will dare stop your car and ask you to roll down the window when over half the drivers are packing pistols and semi-automatics? Most legitimate guns people own in this country are double barrel hunting shotguns and that's not something you can carry every where you go.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by insight04: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2010
Just leave the car and comply with their demands. The remote controlled self destruct button in your house should blow up the car after 30 minutes
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by kingschuks: 1:17am On Apr 26, 2011
Heh yaaaa,its a pity. To b 4 worned is 2 b 4 armd, my advice 2 car owners is 2 get a car tracking device instald in dea car(s) by us.if stolen or snached, we/he or she wil monitor,control stop and recover d car with his or her phone or computer.this can b don frm any where in the world.had it been he hv don dat,he wil just go the nearest cafe & wach his car & d area de are & stop d car.its as easy as dat. Pls lets learn frm other. 4 more info the car tracking system/device. Cal 08062232943.or fiboffer@yahoo.com PREVENTION IS BETER THAN CURE. Anywhere in nigeria we ar at ur service.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by DMerciful(m): 9:25am On Apr 26, 2011
My own take on this is to calmly hand over the car keys and co-operate fully. U will get whatever u've lost again and even a better one. I think its idiocy to attempt to challenge robbers with gun(s). the guy in question,when he was shot,didn't he leave the car? how can u equate a car with a man's life!!!Everybody go die but nor fuckup die,d kind one wey people go hear dem go say d guy fuckup.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by buzcenter: 11:42pm On Sep 13, 2011
idiot
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by EuroMeko(m): 2:27am On Sep 14, 2011
Each individual situation is different and the reaction of course will be different.

But it sounds like we need to copy Texas "Castle Doctrine" law in Nigeria.

We can't continue to cower and just hand over our keys and expect them to stop their acts of evilness.
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by EuroMeko(m): 2:29am On Sep 14, 2011
harakiri:

@Poster

Unless the car in question was a Rolls Royce,Bentley Mulsanne or Maybach Excelero. . .what your friend did was dumb! I just hope all that wasn't for a Toyota or Honda coz that would be really embarrassing to think about. If Nigeria was a country were one has a large array of legitimate guns to choose from both for home and car protection, then all these would come down to a bare minimum. Who will dare stop your car and ask you to roll down the window when over half the drivers are packing pistols and semi-automatics? Most legitimate guns people own in this country are double barrel hunting shotguns and that's not something you can carry every where you go.

Do you have experience with gun laws in Nigeria?
Re: What To Do When Robbers Want To Take Your Car? by DECOtech(m): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
Siena: .
hahahahahahaha! ...never knew Siena also does "space booking"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stollen Catalytic Converter / Toyota Camry Transmission Issue / Funny Things Non-Car Enthusiasts Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.