Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (65667 Views)

Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / How Long Does Green Card Application Processing Take ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by twinkledew(f): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2006
Who knows some of u might have a fake passport and u might end up getting married to the wrong person. grin grin grin.

I dont think i will do something like that. but if u think it is good for u then fine. if u get caught or stranded in that marriage good luck to u. lipsrsealed
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2006
twinkledew:

Who knows some of u might have a fake passport [/b]and u might end up getting married to the wrong person. grin grin grin.

I don't think i will do something like that. but if u think it is good for u then fine. if u get caught or stranded in that marriage good luck to u. lipsrsealed

Yep twinkdew [b]we (Nigerians)[/b]are the only ones who come into Europe and America with fake passports, while the Europeans, Australians and Asians all come in with valid passports right?. Good luck to you and your [b]prejudiced stereotypes
!.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Idekeson(m): 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2006
twinkledew:

Who knows some of u might have a fake passport and u might end up getting married to the wrong person.

The end justifies the means. You got to do what you got to do. Most immigrants are lucky to get visitors visa to travel out of their home country. Any other means of breaking the chain of poverty and dependency back home without success in crime is an illussion.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by twinkledew(f): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2006
@zebudaya
Please don’t get me wrong and I was not judging anyone either by the country or sex ok. I am no hater of Nigerians or of any other countries. undecided
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by cocopops(m): 1:07am On Jul 26, 2006
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!

Hold on a second. I beg to differ with a lot of you who think there is nothing wrong with the whole idea.

I understand that sometimes people can be desperate, but friends what happened to the "SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE", the joining of man and woman before GOD, until death do us part. Don't those words mean anything. How could one agree to marry someone before GOD in a church, in the full knowledge that it is of no substance whatsoever.

Common guys. Think about it for a second. Doing that reduces us to mere primates existing without basic levels of priniciple or integrity.

For those considering it, like I said: "Just think about it for a second, maybe more"
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by omogenaija(f): 1:37am On Jul 26, 2006
@ cocopops

there is nothing wrong with it as long as the people getting married know wats going on , and the real reason for the marriage
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by dearie(m): 3:59am On Jul 27, 2006
many Nigerians end up being duped by these ladies who endlessly extort them under the cloak of playing along, i may do it but not just with anybody, and the rules must be clearly spelt out.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by charita: 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2006
i
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by charita: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2006
jil;kl
'
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by OldGlory1(m): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2006
Charita

I am sure your email will be full. Please be very careful.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by clocky(m): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2006
Charita are u serious. shocked
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by charita: 12:35am On Jul 28, 2006
yes
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by charita: 12:40am On Jul 28, 2006
of
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 12:55am On Jul 28, 2006
charita:

also my e-mail is charitaa_paschal@yahoo.com my wanting to marry a nigerian has nothing to do with money will marry the right person free of charge

what makes the person the right person?, what are you looking for?, what do you want out of the relationship?
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by cocopops(m): 1:46am On Jul 30, 2006
Hi Charita,

I could understand your desire to marry an attractive Nigerian.

But I have some reservations about the way you have made known this intention.

Don't you think that in the event of you getting with anyone who has seen your thread, the person's interest in you only encapsulates your 'passport' and not your personality.

This not only questions the longevity of any relationship fostered, I think it would also be a little embarrassing to tell your friends, family and/or maybe children that your love with this suitor only birthed after an advert of your citizenship/nationality.

I simply urge your pondering on the above.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by babe1(f): 5:20am On Aug 03, 2006
They have green card movies google them and it might answer your qestion. I for one did not have to marry anyone for papers thank God.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by bangel3(f): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2006
Intresting threat , if it in free will from both site why not. But talk the man or woman abt big love and say and something in that way , that is sucks. I have a black friend he married a white one and they have to stay 10 years together and they control sometimes both. The woman falling in love, but he like she very much. What a life!!! Live with a person every day very close and you don´t like her. And it look like that not all is realy good there, special the wether. Falling in real love and see what can be happen it better. It is not a easy way , 10 years is a long time.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by loftylogs(m): 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2006
Anyone out there knows what it takes to get married to a nigerian lady that went to the usa thru VISA LOTTERY.what does it take after marraige for us to be together,i understand she has to file in for the husband,but i need answers as to how long does it take for visa to be approved to her husband.bear in mind she went thru the lottery, looking forward to replies from u all
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by babe1(f): 4:59am On Aug 19, 2006
If you were not married before she left, You know it takes anywhere from 2 to 3 years for her to become a citizen to be able to file for you i think but different states do different things. So, it all depends. She can come to Nigeria and you have a court wedding then she can come back with the papers and file for you.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by loftylogs(m): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2006
babe1:

If you were not married before she left, You know it takes anywhere from 2 to 3 years for her to become a citizen to be able to file for you i think but different states do different things. So, it all depends. She can come to Nigeria and you have a court wedding then she can come back with the papers and file for you.
thax babygirl,if i amy ask are u in any where arround nigeria or u live abroad?dont get me wrong ok just asking
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by babe1(f): 6:53am On Aug 22, 2006
Actually, i don't mind you asking. I am based in the US of A. I wish you all the best though. Good luck!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by clocky(m): 10:40am On Aug 27, 2006
babe1
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by babe1(f): 4:51am On Aug 28, 2006
Yes clocky.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by RealityChK: 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2006
One month ago, I never thought about using marriage to my green card. But now sad I have to convince myself not using it. I guess US's immigration policy is getting less and less friendly to those people who want to study hard and chase their dreams. There are some companies appreciating your talent. So what? You can't be hired because there is no H1B quota left. You play by rules, so you suck.

Illegal immigrants prevail,  Fake marriages work, So, why shall we be so lawful, if all of unlawful ones could get amnesty?

So, US policy somehow discourages lawful behavior. Why should we still care?

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2006
H1-B visas were finished by May 26 this year, so foriegn students who finished their degrees by may 15 and got their grades in 2 weeks didn't even have time to get jobs so they are either going home or going to grad school

And you wonder why people do illegal stuff to outwit the system. The system doesn't give a damn about foriegners.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by TaniCarr(f): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2006
This is all to gut renching for me.I feel like my life is on this website!I met this guy in febuary through this rich lady at my church who appears to be a women of God.She told me about her brother and to make a long long long story short.We started talking and after a couple of weeks we started talking about the future and marriage.We pray together and everything.I made up my mind that this was the man that God had chosen for me.When I got on this site to seek opinions,my whole world was turned upside down and inside out.I am headed for manchester september8 which is a little less than two weeks away.I'm still going but I have decided,to cancel getting married to him because I'm scared.Why do men have the mind to deceive even christian women? Why can't he just see me as I am love me and want me?I'm sad and hury all at the same time.It's not fare to me at all.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Seun(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2006
Aww. So sorry about that. It's as if you're a package that includes the green card.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by woleprof(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2006
What an interesting topic grin grin

I guess i have missed a lot ooo but not too much though
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by babe1(f): 5:37am On Sep 02, 2006
TaniCarr:

This is all to gut renching for me.I feel like my life is on this website!I met this guy in febuary through this rich lady at my church who appears to be a women of God.She told me about her brother and to make a long long long story short.We started talking and after a couple of weeks we started talking about the future and marriage.We pray together and everything.I made up my mind that this was the man that God had chosen for me.When I got on this site to seek opinions,my whole world was turned upside down and inside out.I am headed for manchester september8 which is a little less than two weeks away.I'm still going but I have decided,to cancel getting married to him because I'm scared.Why do men have the mind to deceive even christian women? Why can't he just see me as I am love me and want me?I'm sad and hury all at the same time.It's not fare to me at all.

I don't get it Tanicarr, Why are you not marring this guy?
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2006
I am a german lady and I've been dealing with nigerians for many years in my country, it is shameful when a man is telling a woman he LOVES her and back in his mind is just the green card (for usa) or the legal stay in germany, I've seen it all and I am very careful when it comes to afrikan men here, they even make babies just to get their papers, poor kids!!!!!

Afrikan men period are too fast in saying I LOVE YOU anyway,those are the ones women here have to be very careful,

why not looking for a lady you REALLY love who can help you in this case, it would keep you guys out of trouble and the kids at least have a father that is still around.

i've seen so many bad things here in germany with afrikan men and german women, it's a shame and so obviously for the ladies who are aware of afrikan men problems of staying here legally.

go find yourself a woman you can LOVE and RESPECT, not just for the damn papers, it will pay in the long run und you're much safer.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2006
babe1:

I don't get it Tanicarr, Why are you not marring this guy?

I understand her 100 %, who is telling her he doesn't only want her for the damn papers? that is what girlfriend is worried about and she is right,

women in my country are facing the same problem, I want to get married for love and not for any papers, but african men can be very decieving ,so who is there to tell the truth?? It's always a risk for females like in USA,Germany ,UK if they meet an african man,

the question is eating your brain up, does he REALLY LOVES ME?
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by clocky(m): 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2006
so why do foreign women fall for africans so easily. do we have so much charm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tricycle Driver Gives His Keke Napep A Luxurious Design (Photo, Video) / A Mobile SUV With A Woman On Top Of It Spotted On The Road (Photo) / Photos Of The Two Aircrafts That Colided In Lagos Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.