Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (65655 Views)

Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / How Long Does Green Card Application Processing Take ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 1:01am On Sep 08, 2006
Germanlady

My point is that the divorce rate in Germany is about 40% which means almost half of the marriages fail, okay so there is 40% chance that the African/German woman's marriage would succeed then add the facts that there are language and cultural barriers, we don't speak German in Africa so most times the man cannot fully express how he feels, then Germans drive him nuts because in your own words "He is a nobody" just because of the color of his skin. And people look down on him constantly, and expect him to fail, be lazy or irresponsible so mentally he is off. Also the society does not accept his kids even though they are German. Let's not forget Germany's Nazi past this is what only the 2nd Generation since WW2 so we are dealing with the children of those who fought world war 2 with hitler (hardcore NAZI's) since the fruit does not fall far from the tree i expect the kids to be somewhat prejudiced if not racist.

Also you said the average german woman would not hook up with a black man because "he is a nobody" so there is a huge chance that the woman the average African is with is chaff, bottom of the barrell, a reject that nobody wants, there's not much to do there! so the relationship is doomed from the start unless he has exceptional patience. So when a relationship fails you should not jump to the conclusion that he was there for papers, It could have been love , but love grows cold and when it does it leaves a hole.

All in all Germany and Russia are bad places for black people to be they should run as far as possible

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by omonozozo(m): 1:14am On Sep 08, 2006
zebudaya:

Germanlady

Also you said the average german woman would not hook up with a black man because "he is a nobody" so there is a huge chance that the woman the average African is with is chaff, bottom of the barrell, a reject that nobody wants, there's not much to do there! so the relationship is doomed from the start unless he has exceptional patience. So when a relationship fails you should not jump to the conclusion that he was there for papers, It could have been love , but love grows cold and when it does it leaves a hole.

True word!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2006
zebudaya:

Germanlady

My point is that the divorce rate in Germany is about 40% which means almost half of the marriages fail, okay so there is 40% chance that the African/German woman's marriage would succeed then add the facts that there are language and cultural barriers, we don't speak German in Africa so most times the man cannot fully express how he feels, then Germans drive him nuts because in your own words "He is a nobody" just because of the color of his skin. And people look down on him constantly, and expect him to fail, be lazy or irresponsible so mentally he is off. Also the society does not accept his kids even though they are German. Let's not forget Germany's Nazi past this is what only the 2nd Generation since WW2 so we are dealing with the children of those who fought world war 2 with hitler (hardcore NAZI's) since the fruit does not fall far from the tree i expect the kids to be somewhat prejudiced if not racist.

All in all Germany and Russia are bad places for black people to be they should run as far as possible

you are still missing the point - the topic in THIS thread is and always was >>>>>>GETTING MARRIED FOR THE GREEN CARD-or PAPERS <<<<<<<

topic is NOT the DIVORCE RATE or racism in germany.

we are talking about the REASONS why so many african men arer getting married to german or american women and LIE from the very beginning, they lie about LOVE just to get their advantage and that is the topic here, using WOMEN and KIDS !!!!!! and missleading them with their words.

I am sure any woman in this would understand my feelings towards this.who wants to hear the big I LOVE YOU and the man is lying straigt in a womans face with the papers in the back of his head, that is very shameful and showing of his selfishness !

the divorce rate is a totally different story,why not open your own thread about it,because it's a different topic,and has nothing to do with this topic here.

again,just for YOU - this topic is about GETTING MARRIED FOR GREEN CARD,so stop mixing things up!

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by charm01(m): 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2006
Its so funny how people just talk about divorce .No matter what it is u want never desire to marry to divorce.It is so unthinkable that i can because of "papers" jeoperdise my emotions,well being and hapiness.Anything you do to marry is rubbish if u dont do so for love.BE WISE wink

1 Like

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by malaika(f): 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2006
::
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2006
GermanLady:

you are still missing the point - the topic in THIS thread is and always was >>>>>>GETTING MARRIED FOR THE GREEN CARD-or PAPERS <<<<<<<

topic is NOT the DIVORCE RATE or racism in germany.

we are talking about the REASONS why so many african men arer getting married to german or american women and LIE from the very beginning, they lie about LOVE just to get their advantage and that is the topic here, using WOMEN and KIDS !!!!!! and missleading them with their words.

I am sure any woman in this would understand my feelings towards this.who wants to hear the big I LOVE YOU and the man is lying straigt in a womans face with the papers in the back of his head, that is very shameful and showing of his selfishness !

the divorce rate is a totally different story,why not open your own thread about it,because it's a different topic,and has nothing to do with this topic here.

again,just for YOU - this topic is about GETTING MARRIED FOR GREEN CARD,so stop mixing things up!

You say I'm mixing it up because I'm providing valid reasons why a marriage would fail. because I'm telling you that even if the African Loved her, there is a high probablility that the marriage will fail after a couple of years, but Oh no you want to believe that "he married her for papers' when almost half of German-German marriages fail anyway

Lets say they divorced after 2 years and they had a kid, what do you want him to do burn[b] his green card[/b]?

I noticed you didnt say anything about the African man's German chick being bottom of the barell etc, tongue
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by omonozozo(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2006
It is the fault of the Government of the Countries where these fake marriages take place. All these problems would have been avoided if only they just ask the foreigner to pay for their citizenship like is done in Nigeria. cool
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2006
zebudaya:

You say I'm mixing it up because I'm providing valid reasons why a marriage would fail. because I'm telling you that even if the African Loved her, there is a high probablility that the marriage will fail after a couple of years, but Oh no you want to believe that "he married her for papers' when almost half of German-German marriages fail anyway

Lets say they divorced after 2 years and they had a kid, what do you want him to do burn[b] his green card[/b]?

I noticed you didnt say anything about the African man's German chick being bottom of the barell etc, tongue

jesus lord have mercy, helllllloooooooo grin grin grin grin grin

***You say I'm mixing it up because I'm providing valid reasons why a marriage would fail. ***

THIS IS OFF TOPIC, read topic again !!!! topic is getting married for green card, NOT why marriages fail, mymymymy am I speaking chinese or why you don't understand me,is my englisch so bad

pls someone tells this man what we talk here.

ps: ***I noticed you didnt say anything about the African man's German chick being bottom of the barell etc,***

I do not answer this here,because this is also OFF TOPIC, open up a new thread and then I might be answering if I have to say something important I'll make sure I'll do it there.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2006
omonozozo:

It is the fault of the Government of the Countries where these fake marriages take place. All these problems would have been avoided if only they just ask the foreigner to pay for their citizenship like is done in Nigeria. cool

you got a point there omonozozo - unfortunatly you can't buy everything with money cry
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2006
I know what the topic is Germanlady I started the thread. You are just mad because you don't have a comeback!

Your english is wonderful too, would you be my sugar mama we don't have to live where i'm a nobody cuz i'd love to be somebody a big big star!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2006
zebudaya:

I know what the topic is Germanlady I started the thread. You are just mad because you don't have a comeback!

Your english is wonderful too, would you be my sugar mama we don't have to live where i'm a nobody because i'd love to be somebody a big big star!!!!!!! cheesy

u need to read my postings carefully honey - in my world there are no suger mummies,respected ladies get all the sex from black men for FREE. you have to pick desperated german women ,with 4 kids by 4 different men,but then again,they have no money to spend on a boy like you,they have to feed their kids.

so why should I spend my money on you? grin

I keep my money in my pocket PLUS I have all the fun here in Germany.too bad for you sweetie,sorry.

but good luck in your search
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2006
see Germanlady In my world the Athletes (basketball, and Football) movie stars (Will Smith etc) and Rappers have made being black "cool" no better yet cooler than cool "ice cold" so it's kind of easier for me to get a white girl than to get a black girl. Black is hot and we are on top of the cool pyramid right now.! cool cool

Why you should spend money on me
1)I'm in my [b]prime [/b]and I'm an allnighter shocked
2)Got testesterone pumping through my veins and I'm much larger than all the german men you've been through
3) I'm low maintenance easy to please cheesy
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2006
I have all this already here in my country ,so I have to say thanks for the offer,but NO.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2006
well german girls come to America every semester (Exchange program) , met three of them Alke, annaliesa and ivonne and the way they look at me it looks like they want to taste the forbidden fruit cheesy. And when the time is right I'll give them a sample.

they are younger than you anyways! tongue
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2006
zebudaya:

well german girls come to America every semester (Exchange program) , met three of them Alke, annaliesa and ivonne and the way they look at me it looks like they want to taste the forbidden fruit cheesy. And when the time is right I'll give them a sample.

they are younger than you anyways! tongue

you sound funny,like we have no forbidden fruits here in Germany,don't forget ,we have many many nigerians in germany .

give them a sample,but make sure you wrap that pickle up grin

ps: her name is not Alke,it's Elke smiley just for the records
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2006
true you have forbidden fruits but you also have hypocrites judging who a young girl should date, But once they are in America there's a breath of fresh air, they can do what they want, when they want, how they want it, plus they have all the money they need, then after a while they get bored and want to have fun and feel good. That's where I come in provide that excitement in their lives. Also Americans avoid speaking to them because they have heavy accents, but oh no not me, I know how hard it was for me to communicate with an accent, so I'm more patient with them and accept them as they are, and in the past 2 out of 3 times I have been sufficiently rewarded grin.

This time it's just a matter of time, I have much more experience and I have a whole year no need to rush!

P.S Thanks for the name pronounciaton, and by the way although you drive me nuts! welcome to Nairaland
P.S how did you stumble on a Nigerian site anyway? it seems you are always on and checking my replies "see what i said about providing excitement in their lives" cheesy wink
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2006
zebudaya:

true you have forbidden fruits but you also have hypocrites judging who a young girl should date, But once they are in America there's a breath of fresh air, they can do what they want, when they want, how they want it, plus they have all the money they need, then after a while they get bored and want to have fun and feel good. That's where I come in provide that excitement in their lives. Also Americans avoid speaking to them because they have heavy accents, but oh no not me, I know how hard it was for me to communicate with an accent, so I'm more patient with them and accept them as they are, and in the past 2 out of 3 times I have been sufficiently rewarded grin.

This time it's just a matter of time, I have much more experience and I have a whole year no need to rush!

P.S Thanks for the name pronounciaton, and by the way although you drive me nuts! welcome to Nairaland
P.S how did you stumble on a Nigerian site anyway? it seems you are always on and checking my replies "see what i said about providing excitement in their lives" cheesy wink

thanks for the welcome,

I drive you nuts? aaawwwwww c'mon - that easy a woman can drive you nuts just by written words? LOL

It might seem to you that I'm always on,but I just let this site running on my pc while I am working,I get all replies per email,so therefore I don't have to check the forum .I just go in quick and answer.

are you satisfied with the answers?
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 4:43am On Sep 09, 2006
well the part that drove me nuts, was when you said black people are nothing in germany, like you guys expect them to fail regardless of what they do, and you wonder why they fail, your police bother them, nobody hires them for good jobs because they are "nobody's" and that you also blame the {good}African guy who divorces a chick who is a reject, and no gooder. I guess if your country treated immigrants better they won't have to resort to stupid ways of getting papers. That's why I like America regardless of the racism, If you work hard you have an opportunity of living a good life

I thank God everyday that I have never known what it is to be dead broke and I would never know, and that I was raised in a loving family, because People are always trying to take away my confidence and chip at my pride. i see it everyday. Especially when they feel you have no money and little opportunities or you're dumb. People kiss my ass all day because I wear nice clothes, spray nice cologne and live in a nice apartment -pay rent on time-, and I'm preety smart and articulate. If i were a dead broke/fat/ugly/dumb black guy the same people wouldn't come around with their fake smiles. i see it in the way they treat the mexicans, poor black people, or waiters in the restaurant!. Even the way Hurricane Katrina was handled. God has kept me from falling everywhere but my knees.

Even when i date, I've seen fellow Nigerian guys date ambitionless white chicks that nobody wants, and I'm like dude are you stupid that's what they expect from you, If you really want a white chick, get the one in Grad school, or medical school or the one that has an idea of where she's headed. Leave the chaff/reject alone Homie aim higher!.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Shokoloko(f): 1:22am On Sep 25, 2006
Germanlady
are these mixed race kids up for adoption. my sis wants to adopt some mixed race kids; her guy is white and there are no mixed race kids in nigeria for adoption. she's tried ethiopia (there are mixed ones) but adoption over there is such a looong process
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chinani(f): 1:29am On Sep 25, 2006
Shokoloko:

Germanlady
are these mixed race kids up for adoption. my sis wants to adopt some mixed race kids; her guy is white and there are no mixed race kids in nigeria for adoption. she's tried ethiopia (there are mixed ones) but adoption over there is such a looong process
Why doesn't she just adopt a black kid? White people adopt black children all the time. Why is your sister or her guy different?

(No offense intended.)
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by GermanLady(f): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2006
Shokoloko:

Germanlady

what do you men by THESE mixed kids? what exactly do you mean by that ?

I have no idea about adoptions here.most mothers will keep their kids here in this country,no matter if the kid is white ,black or mixed.

all my friends who have mixed kids would NEVER give her child for adoption.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Shokoloko(f): 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2006
chinani
i understand ur confusion. but they want a child thats not so obviously adopted, get it? Adoption isn't so well grounded so ur going to face a lot of criticism and opposition when the child is so clearly not urs. he's white she's nigerian.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Shokoloko(f): 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2006
not so well grounded in Nigeria, especially when u can have your own kids urself. undecided
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by chinani(f): 10:12pm On Sep 25, 2006
@Shokoloko
Oh, so they're in Nigeria? Well I hold no judgement. If a child gets adopted who am I to judge.

Wait they can have kids but want to adopt? Wanting to get adopt isn't a bad thing etc.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by Shokoloko(f): 12:14am On Sep 28, 2006
Germanylady

I'm i supposed to say a)THESE, b)THIS, c) DIS, d) DESE, e) D, f)DEZ, g)TEZ, h)THEZ, i)THIZ, j) THIZEEEE for the kids?
Tick the correct answer lettered A- J

Abeg, make i hear word
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2006
[b]Hi German Lady

I totally agree with your sentiments.

What I find interesting is that a lot of Nigerians come online into the Chatrooms specifically for finding any one who will invite them over to Europe or America or similar - either out of 'love' with the Greencard Agenda in mind or purely as a means to slip unnoticed into the system and become an illegal alien.

It is interesting as well that these guys n girls are all over the internet from Myspace.com to Mixposure.com - a website for musicans - I was contacted out of the blue by a guy called Oyairo Osayi - who asked me to 'befriend' him because he ''likes music' he can't play an instrument but he likes music, I asked him what he was doing on Mixposure.com and he confessed after I had told him that Mixposure is not a dating site but purely for musicians: he said that he was hoping to meet people so they would invite him to their country, and then lose himself in the crowd. Would I be his friend?

Laughable.

I also find it amusing that within moments of a declaration of friendship or love that there is a disaster that has happened: their mobile was stolen, a family member is in hospital and they need your help to pay the bill, they were robbed, can you help them out with buying a new wardrobe? they have no money to buy food or pay for a credit top up on the mobile (even though they are online), my favourite is "I'm a refugee in Accra",

When they are confronted over their lies - it is all denial and then they play the victim - which makes me want to give out Oscars to each and everyone: to see adults squirm and try and turn the tables - cracks me up.

Suffice it to say hardly anyone in the Yahoo Chatrooms takes anyone from Nigeria seriously because everyone is aware of 419 scams, and the love scams for a green card and the 'love scams' to escape their situation. If someone tries it on- they are immediately exposed - we simply don't tolerate it.

My friends and I plan on combining our general knowledge base of these poor men and women who seek to escape their life in Nigeria, Ghana, and Gambia and write a book about it - we have their names, photos and addresses - more importantly their mobile numbers.
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by loftylogs(m): 11:43am On Oct 03, 2006
MIZIEYA:

[b]Hi German Lady

I totally agree with your sentiments.

What I find interesting is that a lot of Nigerians come online into the Chatrooms specifically for finding any one who will invite them over to Europe or America or similar - either out of 'love' with the Greencard Agenda in mind or purely as a means to slip unnoticed into the system and become an illegal alien.

It is interesting as well that these guys n girls are all over the internet from Myspace.com to Mixposure.com - a website for musicans - I was contacted out of the blue by a guy called Oyairo Osayi - who asked me to 'befriend' him because he ''likes music' he can't play an instrument but he likes music, I asked him what he was doing on Mixposure.com and he confessed after I had told him that Mixposure is not a dating site but purely for musicians: he said that he was hoping to meet people so they would invite him to their country, and then lose himself in the crowd. Would I be his friend?

Laughable.

I also find it amusing that within moments of a declaration of friendship or love that there is a disaster that has happened: their mobile was stolen, a family member is in hospital and they need your help to pay the bill, they were robbed, can you help them out with buying a new wardrobe? they have no money to buy food or pay for a credit top up on the mobile (even though they are online), my favourite is "I'm a refugee in Accra",

When they are confronted over their lies - it is all denial and then they play the victim - which makes me want to give out Oscars to each and everyone: to see adults squirm and try and turn the tables - cracks me up.

Suffice it to say hardly anyone in the Yahoo Chatrooms takes anyone from Nigeria seriously because everyone is aware of 419 scams, and the love scams for a green card and the 'love scams' to escape their situation. If someone tries it on- they are immediately exposed - we simply don't tolerate it.

My friends and I plan on combining our general knowledge base of these poor men and women who seek to escape their life in Nigeria, Ghana, and Gambia and write a book about it - we have their names, photos and addresses - more importantly their mobile numbers.

U have there photos and mobile number and so what hey am Nigerian and am proud to be one.dont like it when pple take us for granted how on earth can u call ur fellow human Poor Men and Women thats not too good.its true that Nigerians do scam but can u tell me that pple in Wales or London or even Ameica dont do scams.Stop making some countries especially the African ones feel as if they are so poor we are not poor and u know it just our leaders are not right but we will get there.
Personallly i have made good friends on yahoo messenger and i wasnt freaking about going there why because one can make it here in Nigeria all one needs is TIME.so please dont speak BAD of my Country cos everywhere u go in this world u will get the good,BAd and the UGLY.

cheers
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by OldGlory1(m): 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2006
Lofty

Whatever, i guess the truth hurts!!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2006
[b]Chuckles

Lofty, "poor person" is a phrase, an expression, not necessarily meant in the literal sense, But, for you to have picked up on that and misinterpreted it clearly says a lot about your own angst and insecurities regarding your own personal monetary and social situation.

I fail to see how taking you for granted is in any way connected with my original post: perhaps you can clarify your digression?

Scams: yes everyone does them but the difference is this subject is about Nigerian scams for money, visa and love. We know the rest of the world scams after all look at the state of affairs of the world, because of it.

Lets not mix myth with fact: Africa is poor, Niger (the country) is the poorest African country in the continent of Africa. Yes you can blame the leaders but really - who put them there? One can blame colonialism but if one is going to do the blame game then one should start in ones own back yard and history first.

There is no such thing as a perfect country: every single country is in debt: there is not one good country. However, one should be aware of international politics: the last G8 Meeting had 98% of countries ill at ease and in annoyance because of the pledge to give more money to Africa: the only ex colony of hlaf the world that has failed to stand on its own two feet: not good press or reflection on Africa a a whole, regardless of what you or anyone else may say to the contrary.

I can forsee Africa as a whole standing on its own two feet 'one day' as well. However, we live in the here and now- and it is the present that is pliable enough for everyone to make changes that can effect the future for better or worse.

Wishful thinking doesn't work.

Lofty, regardless of whether you've made good or useful contacts, friends, lovers, penpals and so on: means nothing to me: my post is not about you as an individual. However I suspect that somewhere along the lines you've used the Crisis Card Trick in the name of love or friendship.

[/b]
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2006
you ever seen Matchstick men with Nicholas cage? where he was conning all those people and making money
Oceans 11 with brad pitt and george clooney stealing hundreds of millions?
Oceans 12
swordfish? hugh jackman is hacking into accounts and stealing money

All these movies were box office hits, apart from maybe matchstick men, I've said it before the west is infatuated with fraud as long as they are not the ones taken advantage of and it's not *gasp* those poor Africans doing it to us!. They hate it when you -Africans- can commit an [b]intellectual crime, [/b]and walk away with no evidence.

did you also hear about Martha stewart, Enron, Tyco, Arthur Andersen- ?

@Mizieya

When the G8 countries pledge to give money to Africa do you think its raw cash? nope it's goods and services and you have to buy it from them, lets say i want money to buy tractors for farming , the would say oh were going to give you 100 million but the catch is you have to BUY TRACTORS FROM THEM! when if they gave you the cash you could buy it cheaper from china, india or brazil.
screw the G8 they are only in it for their own interests! I wish we would stop getting loans from them

also I suggest you read up on the activities of Shell in Nigeria, Firestone in Liberia, The Diamond miners in Sierra Leone before you criticize Africa for not being able to stand up on its feet!
Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by MIZIEYA: 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2006
[b][color=#770077][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Zeb, thanks for the rant. By the way, I only watch intellectual movies such as The Disputation (director Geoffrey Sax), Tied up in Tallin (director Edith Sepp), Anchoress (director Chris Newby), or classics such as, The Tempest (director D. Jarman), or The Corn Is Green (George Cukor),

I refer you to India and Pakistan- ex colonies and models of near excellence.- a working economy. No tribal feuds, nucleur capability, competitors in world trading.

A movie is a movie: for every Martha Stewart in the world, there's always a counterpart - your point? It's already been established that not one country is pure as the driven snow.

Yes there are international scammers abroad- Russian Brides springs to mind, Not only does Britain (my country) have Alqaida to contend with, but also Nigerian men using the UK as a base of SCAM operations. A case was documented in the BBC in Wales regarding a Nigerian doing a scam as he was trying to get to Ireland where his wife was: I believe he's being detained with the view to deportation. Suffice it to say this is not unique to Wales or the rest of Britain or the rest of Europe or indeed America.

Clearly you're making excuses for your countrymen: whereas I am not. Purely because none of my country men need a visa to get from A to B at anothers expense - don't get me wrong- the illustrious Pakistan and India are also notorious for the same thing similarly Saudi Arabia and so on. But- they aren't in denial about it.

The G8: You said that you wish the G8 would stop giving loans: I believe that basically developing countries should be in the driving seat of their own development and not dependent upon others or at the very least work in real partnership/collaboration which is actually hapening with Pakistan and China and some African countries like South Africa: Here is an article you should read:

http://www.globalpolicy.org/socecon/develop/oda/2004/1107sachs.htm

Also check out the new scientist in regards to international collaborations with Africa.

Re: Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) by zebudaya(m): 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2006
You mention India and Pakistan as shining examples of Former colonies and you also mention that they have no tribal wars, I hope you know India has the second largest amount of poor people in the world right after China.
http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers/501041206/two_indias_vpt_dreze.html

And that several times they have been on the brink of war with Pakistan over Kashmir. There is also religious crisis between Hindus and Muslims, Pakistan is another story entirely. The country is going to errupt soon with all their extremists.

And you say they near models of excellence, like most westerners you probably believe everything you see on T.V
Just because commerce in Bombay is booming does mean India (the whole country) is a shining example of success they still have a long way to go. They have way more poor people than upper and middle class and your point is?

P.S
There is no way the west is going to help developing countries unless they have a vested interest in it end of story.
In Nigeria they help us by buying up our crude oil refining it and selling it to us at 10 times the price that's help. They help cuba and venezuela by trying to eliminate/overthrow their presidents, but they leave your shinining example Pakistan's Pervez Musharraf in Government. ( I hope you know he came to power by overthrowing a democratically elected government, and he's been in power ever since shocked)

You keep mentioning Nigerians doing scam like scam is just a Nigerian thing, i pointed outMartha stewart, Enron, Tyco, Arthur Andersen- ? and you come up with "not one country is pure as the driven snow. grin grin what that only applies when westerners are committing fraud ?cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tricycle Driver Gives His Keke Napep A Luxurious Design (Photo, Video) / A Mobile SUV With A Woman On Top Of It Spotted On The Road (Photo) / Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.