Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

To Be There Or Not To Be There? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / To Be There Or Not To Be There? (966 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Be There Or Not To Be There? by Keyshia: 12:15am On Jul 07, 2006
As a freelancer, you posted your resume/ AD in a city you are visiting for 2 weeks (and you mentioned that youre visiting) and a company contacts you that they are impressed with your web and graphic designs and would like to set up an meeting with you.
If you dont have any means of transportation, is it advisable to take a cab there or remind them that youre visiting and tell them about your lack of transportation.
If you plan to take a cab, how far is too far? 30mins drive = $60 plus. would you still spend that much?

In my opinion, if you want the job, be there,
even if all your previous clients have communicated with you over the web only

what do you think
Re: To Be There Or Not To Be There? by Keyshia: 12:23am On Jul 07, 2006
correction: i meant "a meeting" embarassed i had originally written appointment and changed to meeting
Re: To Be There Or Not To Be There? by aykay(m): 12:27am On Jul 07, 2006
if ur confident that ur work is good enough then y not give it a shot? in the end $60 might me a small sacrifice for ur rewards if ur successful. Best of luck wink
Re: To Be There Or Not To Be There? by my2cents(m): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2006
Keyshia,

If you don't live in that town, it is perfectly normal to take a cab to your client's. I have done that many times during the .com consultancy days grin

Depending on how much you intend charging the client, $60 to me sounds like a drop in the bucket. Besides, you can always pass along that cost to the customer, hidden of course wink

Finally, as for the $60 or whatever amount you intend spending on transportation et al, I will assume you are in the states (unless the $ you mean is that of another country. If this is so, ignore the following grin), in which case you can always deduct that amount as a business expense.

I hope this helps.
Re: To Be There Or Not To Be There? by smartsoft(m): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2006
i just belived that anything that is urs is urs, no 2 ways about it

(1) (Reply)

Ie Cant Show .swf / Cuil: Am Still Down With Google / Programming Autoresponse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.