Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Going To Visit Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going To Visit Nigeria (4756 Views)

Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria / 7 Reasons Why Every Foreigner Must Visit Nigeria/next Tourist Destination / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Visit Nigeria by Amobi1(m): 2:10am On Jul 07, 2006
Please i need a help please. Am going back to nigeria for the 1st time in 7 years. Am really happy but also a little bit afraid. Please i will be really happy if someone give me some tips. These are my questions here.

1. i want to rent a car from lagos and drive it down to Anambra state. Is that possibly? is it going to be safe to do so? Any body have an idea what the price is going to be. please i will appreciate it if you reply me or give me more info. Thanks.
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by debosky(m): 2:13am On Jul 07, 2006
ol boi you want to drive from Lagos all the way to Anambra by yourself after 7 years??

man take it easy, thats crazy, either get someone ( a friend or family member) to drive you, or fly to port harcourt or owerri

and then drive to anambra. anyhow i wouldn't advise you to drive, its hard enough for those peeps that drive there

regularly, not to talk of someone like you coming after seven years!

by the way, where in anambra state? my advice avoid onitsha for now oh, the town is very unstable right now.

1 Like

Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 2:17am On Jul 07, 2006
yea, where in Anambra State? fear Onitsha ohhhhhhhhhhhh, lol
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Txlonghorn(m): 2:23am On Jul 07, 2006
Unless you have to go to Lagos, why not go to Port and then just drive down to Anambra like debosky suggested. I just got back from Nigeria just a few weeks ago, I used the United/Lufthansa that makes a stop in Port,and had family in Enugu come pick me up.

BTW, you have fun my brother. I'm sooooooo jealous of you. I miss that crazy country so much sad sad sad
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Txlonghorn(m): 2:30am On Jul 07, 2006
I was in Onitsh too, my brother it's not as bad, althouth I stayed in GRA onithsha for only a couple of nights. Like my Mom would always say, try very hard to blend in. Don't go there and be speaking forny. grin like AMERICANA.
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 2:31am On Jul 07, 2006
sweetie, do u have to remind of Nigeria? thinking that I have till dec. makes me wanna cry and now u've mentioned ENUGU, cheiiiii
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 2:31am On Jul 07, 2006
dear, how is GRA ONITSHA sef? did u go 2 da one they call NEW GRA which I think used to be HOUSING ESTATE
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Txlonghorn(m): 2:35am On Jul 07, 2006
my sister that place was looking fine you know like on your way to some federal govement girls college I remember because we went there to visit a cousin. Just can't remember the name of the town right now
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 4:12am On Jul 07, 2006
oh u mean 33/NSUGBE, hahhaa, I went to FGGC ONITSHA SEF tongue
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Txlonghorn(m): 4:25am On Jul 07, 2006
OMG, that's the same school my little cousin is going to. Girl I'm jealous of you going in December. If OBIM and I can save enough money we'll go in December if not we'll just wait till Feb. If we make it in Dec, you have to come to our Wine carring in Obosi which is like next door to you cheesy cheesy
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Chxta(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2006
Last time I was in Anambra, I promised that I wouldn't get there until after the rains. That is my contribution to your trip. . .
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by eveseh(f): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2006
save journey
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Amobi1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2006
Okay now. so, can i rent an apartment at Gra. i know GrA to be a nice place. b/c i want to stay in onitsha, my village is near Onitsha. well, how do i rent cars and stuff?
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2006
awww. r u 4rom Obosi or ur wife to be? hahaha, I will be attending trad. marriage at Ojoto diz xmas, yea, nnewi is near by, after obosi is oba and da rest and right after ICHI is Nnewi, lol,
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Amobi1(m): 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2006
Am mot married so i don't know wat u r talking about.
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Txlonghorn(m): 12:06am On Jul 11, 2006
Hotstepper:

awww. r u 4rom Obosi or your wife to be? Haha, I will be attending trad. marriage at Ojoto diz xmas, yea, nnewi is near by, after obosi is oba and da rest and right after ICHI is Nnewi, lol,

My dear I'm from "obodo dike'' Ogidi home of CHINUA ACHEBE, but my Obim is form Obosi.Enne I'm so jealous of you.Chrismas in Nigeria would be the bomb I can only Imagine cry cry
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 2:17am On Jul 11, 2006
aww, 10x, I can't wait either, lol, hmm Ogidi huh, I know the family of Agulefo.Oh Obosi, hmmm ma elder sista is married sum1 4rom da IWENOFU's family in Obosi, tongue if ur trad. is diz xmas, I don't mind attending cuz thatz ma fav. part of da whole marriage not da white wedding tongue
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2006
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-18005.0.html

u might want to arrange something with them
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by diyobdw(f): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2006
@LoverBwoy
winkTX
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by luvlymoi(f): 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2006
man i would advice u!! dont try urself o!!!!! my dads in nigeria now and he said its not gettin any better.
Hotstepper:

oh u mean 33/NSUGBE, hahhaa, I went to FGGC ONITSHA SEF tongue
hey girl cheesy i went to that school too although i lived in asaba. i miss nigeria sooo much. cry
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2006
@luvlymoi , really!! more fedi osha gurls ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hmmm wat year did u graudate from there if you did or what year would you have if you did not and hmmmmmmmmmmmmm wat year did you enter? If you were a boarder, what house did you reprsent?
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2006
My advice: Never take a cab from Lagos to Enugu, it is way too dangerous to undertake such a risk. Rather, fly into PH, and then take a taxi to your next destination. I am sure, PH is not that far from Enugu.
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by GNature(m): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2006
Ndipe:

My advice: Never take a cab from Lagos to Enugu, it is way too dangerous to undertake such a risk. Rather, fly into PH, and then take a taxi to your next destination. I am sure, PH is not that far from Enugu.

Ndipe,

don't forget that the PH airport is closed for renovation.
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 9:55am On Nov 19, 2006
Well, then let him take a flight into an airport in Enugu. I am sure there is one. Why take that risk of driving?
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by chykeo(m): 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2008
Boy,

MY ADVICE IS SIMPLE AND FOLLOW IT UP WELLL FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND SAFETY. DONT ADVERTISE YOUR GOING HOME AGAIN AS YOU JUST DID HERE AND BE CAREFUL OF MAKING FRIENDS THAT SAY THEY WANT TO ASSIST YOU. I AM FROM ANAMBRA STATE BUT I LIVE IN ITALY. I GO TO NIGERIA AT LEAST TWICE A YEAR AND I SPEND TIME IN ENUGU WELL. I DO HOPE THAT BY NOW YOU AT LEAST HAVE A SERVICEABLE MOB TO TAKE YOU AROUND WHEN YOU GET HOME FINALLY.

HAVING SAID THAT, YOU CANNOT DRIVE TO ANAMBRA STATE FROM LAGOS ON YOUR FIRST VISIT AFTER 7 YEARS. TOO RISKY, STRESSFUL AND TIME WASTING.

1 YOU WILL HAVE THE POLICE TO CONTEND WITH. AND THEY ARE JUST ABOUT 2 KILOMETERS APART. SO EXPECT TO SEE ABOUT 40 CHECKPOINTSD BETWEEN LAGOS AND ONITSHA

2 YOU HAVE ARMED ROBBERS TO BE WARY

3 THE ROAD IS VERY BAD AND DANGEROUS. YOU MUST HAVE BEEN USED TO GOOD ROADS BY NOW

4 NIGERIAN CARS CANNOT BE TRUSTED NO MATTER THE MAKE AND THE RUGGEDITY. A LOT OF FACTORS AFFECT THE CARS; WEATHER AND BAD ROADS. SO EXPECT BREAKDOWN ANYTIME AND THE ROADSIDE MECHANICS WILL CHOP YOU RAW.

4 COST, PETROLUEM IS EXPENSIVE DOWN THERE. IT WAS 70 NAIRA 6 WEEKS AGO WHEN I LEFT. NORMALLY, A FULL TANK TAKES ME DOWN FROM LAGOS TO ENUGU. A 70 LITRES TANK TAKES YOU 5K

5 YOU WILL BE STRESSED OUT UNLESS YOU ARE USING AN AUTOMATIC CAR. BUT IF IT MANUAL, YOU MIGHT CHANGE GEAR A MILLION TIMES DUE TO BAD ROAD BEFORE YOU GET HOME

6 HOLD UP. EXPECT TO STAY 5 HOURS STATIONARY WITHOUT MOVING BEFORE YOU GET TO OKADA. THE LINE OF CARS CAN STRETCH TO 20KMS.

MY ADVICE:

GET TO LAGOS, MAINTAIN A LOW PROFILE AND TAKE ABC BUS EARLY IN THE MORNING TO ONITSHA OR YOU FLY DOWN TO ENUGU AND CONNECT ONITSHA FROM THERE.

I KNOW YOU MAY BE CONCERNED ABOUT AIR SAFETY. WE ALL ARE BUT THEN IHE NINE BU AGBA EKPERE CHI.

COMING FROM THE STATES, BOY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COOL MOB OTHERWISE YOUR STAY IN NIGERIA WILL BE A NIGHTMARE.

GOOD LUCK

2 Likes

Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by faoni572(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2008
chykeo:

Boy,

MY ADVICE IS SIMPLE AND FOLLOW IT UP WELLL FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND SAFETY. DONT ADVERTISE YOUR GOING HOME AGAIN AS YOU JUST DID HERE AND BE CAREFUL OF MAKING FRIENDS THAT SAY THEY WANT TO ASSIST YOU. I AM FROM ANAMBRA STATE BUT I LIVE IN ITALY. I GO TO NIGERIA AT LEAST TWICE A YEAR AND I SPEND TIME IN ENUGU WELL. I DO HOPE THAT BY NOW YOU AT LEAST HAVE A SERVICEABLE MOB TO TAKE YOU AROUND WHEN YOU GET HOME FINALLY.

HAVING SAID THAT, YOU CANNOT DRIVE TO ANAMBRA STATE FROM LAGOS ON YOUR FIRST VISIT AFTER 7 YEARS. TOO RISKY, STRESSFUL AND TIME WASTING.

1 YOU WILL HAVE THE POLICE TO CONTEND WITH. AND THEY ARE JUST ABOUT 2 KILOMETERS APART. SO EXPECT TO SEE ABOUT 40 CHECKPOINTSD BETWEEN LAGOS AND ONITSHA

2 YOU HAVE ARMED ROBBERS TO BE WARY

3 THE ROAD IS VERY BAD AND DANGEROUS. YOU MUST HAVE BEEN USED TO GOOD ROADS BY NOW

4 NIGERIAN CARS CANNOT BE TRUSTED NO MATTER THE MAKE AND THE RUGGEDITY. A LOT OF FACTORS AFFECT THE CARS; WEATHER AND BAD ROADS. SO EXPECT BREAKDOWN ANYTIME AND THE ROADSIDE MECHANICS WILL CHOP YOU RAW.

4 COST, PETROLUEM IS EXPENSIVE DOWN THERE. IT WAS 70 NAIRA 6 WEEKS AGO WHEN I LEFT. NORMALLY, A FULL TANK TAKES ME DOWN FROM LAGOS TO ENUGU. A 70 LITRES TANK TAKES YOU 5K

5 YOU WILL BE STRESSED OUT UNLESS YOU ARE USING AN AUTOMATIC CAR. BUT IF IT MANUAL, YOU MIGHT CHANGE GEAR A MILLION TIMES DUE TO BAD ROAD BEFORE YOU GET HOME

6 HOLD UP. EXPECT TO STAY 5 HOURS STATIONARY WITHOUT MOVING BEFORE YOU GET TO OKADA. THE LINE OF CARS CAN STRETCH TO 20KMS.

MY ADVICE:

GET TO LAGOS, MAINTAIN A LOW PROFILE AND TAKE ABC BUS EARLY IN THE MORNING TO ONITSHA OR YOU FLY DOWN TO ENUGU AND CONNECT ONITSHA FROM THERE.

I KNOW YOU MAY BE CONCERNED ABOUT AIR SAFETY. WE ALL ARE BUT THEN IHE NINE BU AGBA EKPERE CHI.

COMING FROM THE STATES, BOY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A COOL MOB OTHERWISE YOUR STAY IN NIGERIA WILL BE A NIGHTMARE.

GOOD LUCK

Nice advice so far, I think the poster will read and digest it.
Re: Going To Visit Nigeria by benincitys(f): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2008
faoni572:

Nice advice so far, I think the poster will read and digest it.
chykeo:

GOOD LUCK
why nigntmare ? is it a must to have a mob what about those who can affort it.

(1) (Reply)

Dubai, United Arab Emirates / Malawi Embassy / Pls!! Pls Help **where To Get A Bus To Ghana From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.