Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Polytechnic Wahala - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Polytechnic Wahala (2949 Views)

The Polytechnic Of Ibadan: How Much Is The Total School Fee Now! / Federal Polytechnic Bida Release Admission List / Federal Polytechnic Nekede: Aptitude Test Result Released: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polytechnic Wahala by marvinkems(m): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2008
I wonder why student who is in polytechnic no longer graduate at the exact time.I have been so worried because this problem has come to me, after going through many stress in NATIONA DIPLOMA (ND) and one year industrial training, you are requested to write another aptitude test that will qualify you for HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND).Which means that if you plan to spend five years in school you will authomatically spend more years expected to graduate, not even that some school have turned out to make money out of students, where a student will purchase HND form at the rate of #5,000 and the aptitude test form will be #3,000 not knowing if the admission will be certain or not.I am using this opportunity to beg the Government to do something about this problem because we they poor people are not benefiting from it.Students are beginning to get fadeup with polytechnic and its certificate.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by firstlady4(f): 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2008
No be only you my brother.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2008
who ask una to go near polytechnic? flee away from polytechnic o, else you will say had i known. Poly is a stressful school and its certificate is not wanted by employers both in public and private sectors. if there is a way, find way go university straight and save yourself the stress and insult.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2008
Run run runfaster away as far as you can from polytechnic and HND Be warned

NIGERIAN ASSOCIATION OF TECHNOLOGISTS
IN ENGINEERING COMMUNIQUE
              on

REMOVAL OF CAREER CEILING ON HND HOLDERS:
The Nigerian Association of Technologists in Engineering being the professional body comprised mainly of HND (Engineering) holders commends the Federal Government for accepting the recommendations in Section 6.2 of the recently published White Paper on the Report of the Presidential Committee on the Consolidation of Emoluments in the Public Sector. The removal of “the undue dichotomy and ceiling on the Salary Grade Level/Rank attainable by Higher National Diploma holders” in the civil service has been the thrust of NATE’s struggle since 1976 and finally gives due recognition to the Higher National Diploma as a professional qualification. The Association appeals to the Federal, State and Local Governments to commence the implementation of this policy without delay so that it is achieved on schedule in the medium term.
on  T
HE TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS: The conference noted that the number of graduates produced by the technological institutions is a far cry from that required for our technological growth. To produce the right calibre of professionals for the actualisation of the VISION 20/2020 of the Federal Government, the conference recommends that HND holders should be engaged and designated as lecturers in the polytechnic system. Conference further recommended that polytechnics and Universities of Technology should be better funded and equipped. Participants also opined that polytechnics should focus on their areas of strength and observed that with the new policy to replace the HND with BTech. Our Polytechnics and Universities of Technology should revise their curricula and make them more relevant.
on
TECHNICAL & VOCATIONAL EDUCATION:
This sector is not receiving the level of encouragement required for it to play its role as the feeder to the Technological Educational sector and the producer of the technical and artisan manpower for the actualisation of Vision 20/2020. Conference therefore recommends that the various levels of government should encourage this sector by investing heavily in its development.
on
  MANPOWER UTILISATION:
Participants called on the Federal Government to fully utilize indigenous engineering manpower in the design and execution of engineering contracts as no nation can attain technological self dependence with the use of expatriate manpower. The common practice of awarding engineering contracts to non-engineering professionals is a major cause of the collapse of our infrastructures – industries, buildings, roads, etc.
Professionally registered HND holders should be certified as consultants. The conference called on the Federal Government to sponsor a well-researched bill for the amendment of COREN Decree to grant full professional status to HND holders. NATE will forward its proposals in this regard to the Federal Government.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by blueface(m): 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2008
pls i need an in formation on the different between civil servant and administrator kind send to my mail sholalemon@yahoo.com thanks bro
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2008
@Hnd-holder

Are you saying HND holders will be employed to lecture in polytechnics as Lecturers? it pains me each time i see an advert for academic positions in polytechnic and i see HND being excluded or being asked to apply as instructors. Charity begins at home.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2008
Yes this is what we are asking for now.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2008
Hnd-holder:

Yes this is what we are asking for now.

Good. have government answered you people?
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 10:49am On Sep 17, 2008
NBTE agree with us and they have adopted it. This is the B.Tech, M.tech and Polytechnic PhD. Is for real
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by firstlady4(f): 11:57am On Sep 17, 2008
@ Hnd-holder
My guy God go bless you.
At least you have made my day keep the work going. wink
cheer cheesy cheesy
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ first -lady
That is the truth you are free to ask me more question
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by firstlady4(f): 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hnd-holder

do you know when the polytechnics will start implementing the B-tech of a thin.
By brother please tell me more I now begin to feel happy now.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
@HND holder

are you saying polytechnic graduates with HND can now be employed as[b] Lecturers [/b] to lecture in the polytechnic and not as instructors? Has NBTE (bunch of university graduates controlling polytechnics) finally agreed?
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ISMAEL
HND are employed as lectures now to teach ND only polytechnic graduate will lecture the B.tech
@ first lady
This starts with the polytechnic that have the man power in Engineering and Sciences

student with 5 credit +ND

No more brake and break between ND and HND now B.Tech
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hnd-holder:

@ISMAEL
HND are employed as lectures now to teach ND only polytechnic graduate will lecture the B.tech

I don't understand you o, HND holders have never been employed as Lecturers in the polytechnic; they are employed as instructors to teach Pre-ND and ND classes. Are you saying that HND graduates would be employed as lecturers in the polytechnic to teach BTech students? please shed more light let me understand you.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2008
The HND were trained badly by the B.sc. Now polytechnic will produce its own lecturers says NBTE
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hnd-holder:

The HND were trained badly by the B.sc. Now polytechnic will produce its own lecturers says NBTE

Are u saying we were not well trained in our various fields?? then how do we teach those that want to do BTech now?
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 8:10am On Sep 18, 2008
@HND-holder

some universities don't admit polytechnic HND graduates into their Msc programs even after they have obtained a PGD; what is NBTE doing about that?
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2008
Yes they are right. Msc is master of science not master of technology. Anybody can run PGD not all can get to masters. We have both professional and academic PGD.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 1:32pm On Sep 19, 2008
Hnd-holder:

Yes they are right. Msc is master of science not master of technology. Anybody can run PGD not all can get to masters. We have both professional and academic PGD.

Why did you say they are right? if you were denied the opportunity to do Masters after your PGD would you have gotten to PhD level? Whether professional or academic PGD, there should be a way out for HND holders to get to Msc level; i believe its just wickedness, thhey don't ever want polytechnic graduates to get to that level and meet up with them (uni graduates).
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ Ishmael
Not all Bsc holder get to Perm sec.
Not all Bsc can have Msc.
not all Masters can get to PhD.
Some masters are Professional Terminal Master.
HND + approved ACADEMIC PGD 60% + Masters(academic) research gives a PhD.

The polytechnic in Nigeria was made to study only professional courses. The PGD to correct the so call deficiency was approved for HND in 1992. You can go for Masters in professional line like MBA. without PGD. but you can not have academic degrees without PGD academic. if you now obtain PGD professional that will now be terminal Poly will now be having the polytechnic master s and PhD in Technology.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2008
@HND-holder

Thanx. But how do u know which PGD is professional and which is academic? because most PGD are called PGD without anything attached to them. as for the Masters we know that there is a difference between Msc and MBA/MBF etc.

Do we have professional PGD and Masters programs in science and engineering courses just as we have in management and social sciences in Nigeria?
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 10:41am On Sep 22, 2008
Yes. Like PGD Education is professional.
Academic PGD was for those with 3rd class pass in the University. You must score 60% before you can be allowed for Masters and you must have a Prof who will supervise the Project.

whereas Professional PGD careless about the research content. Even some Msc are purely professional.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by ishmael(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2008
Hnd-holder:

Yes. Like PGD Education is professional.
Academic PGD was for those with 3rd class pass in the University. You must score 60% before you can be allowed for Masters and you must have a Prof who will supervise the Project.

whereas Professional PGD careless about the research content. Even some Msc are purely professional.

interested and qualified HND holders should be allowed to proceed to do Msc after their PGD. How can a polytechnic graduate with HND grow if he finds himself in the academic sector teaching if he is not allowed to do Msc after PGD?
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 24, 2008
@ HND-Holder,
thats so lovely of you, i will also be rounding off my HND programme by next MAY, if am supposed to be your little brother which in fact i am, what will be the next step you will advice, cos am contemplating of putting in for this distance learning eductaion of either south-african universities or UK schools, but the thing there is that their admission is not that reliable, help me.

And what do you think we hooking up sometime on grailland, and discuss several issues.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2008
@ Ishmael
To degree holders masters is not automatic. But MBA is for all very expensive.

@enitan2002
enitan2002:

@ HND-Holder,
what will be the next step you will advice, because am contemplating of putting in for this distance learning education of either south-African universities or UK schools, but the thing there is that their admission is not that reliable, help me.

And what do you think we hooking up sometime on grailland, and discuss several issues.

Do not try to go to all those distance learning they are not recognised. Go to yaba tech FUTA PGD is okay. Come to UI their MBA is OKAY same as that of FUTA

See you on grailland.
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by izby(m): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2008
Sorry this doesnt follow the topic but does anybody knows about Wolex Polytechnic?

Pls send me an e-mail on isaacwilsonaghanenu@yahoo.com
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Hndholder(m): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2008
A wetern Nigeria PRIVATE polytechnic. What about it?
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by tbabe2(f): 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2008
when will talk about polytechnic,is not dt pple want 2 pass through it,is jst dey are not offer admission in university,so 4 dt dey ve no choice.i am also in dt shoe.imagine now,post jamb is not also easy now,if u pass doesnt matter if not 4 run.may God help us out
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Adeniyo(m): 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2008
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]my brother, to call a spade- a- spade and not a- spade- a matchet, what u saud is an undiluted fact, but do we have any choice? University admission nowadays is as hard as anything, and remember all figures are not equal.Polytechnic students are really suffering in silence, and to be candid Polytecnic student are more effective compare to B.Sc holder. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Polytechnic Wahala by Twinmama(f): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2017
??

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrested 200 Lasu Student Over Riot / Chemical Engineering As A Discipline / BOOK REVIEW: Leadership: Theory And Practice (6TH Ed.) - Northouse, Peter Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.