Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards (2852 Views)

Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / 9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards / Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2008
asa,9ice and d'banj are the three naija acts nominated for the best african act at this year mobo award coming up later in the year.what's ur take on this!
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by dready(f): 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2008
i heard it was p=square and 9ice, but i dont know if it was true or not, i heard from the tv
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by lalaboi(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2008
http://www.urbanreview.co.uk/2008/09/mobo-awards-2008-nominations.html

Presenting the MOBO's this year will be Ex- Spice Girl Melanie Brown a.k.a Mel B, who will co-host with co-founder of Run DMC - Rev Run.

Nominations This Year

Best UK Male: Dizzee Rascal, Wiley, Jay Sean, Taio Cruz & Sway

Best UK Female: Leona Lewis, Estelle, M.I.A, Adele & Duffy

Best UK Newcomer: Bryn Christopher, DJ Ironik, Skepta, Chipmunk & T2

Best Hip-Hop: Lupe Fiasco, Dizzee Rascal, Jay Z, Lil' Wayne and Wiley

Best R&B/Soul: Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Jay Sean, Usher & Estelle

Best Reggae: Beenie Man, Busy Signal, Etana, Mavado & Tarrus Riley

Best Song: Lollipop- Lil' Wayne, American Boy- Estelle, Dance Wiv Me- Dizzee Rascal, Low- Flo Rida & Wearing My Rolex- Wiley

Best International Act: Kanye West, Mariah Carey, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Jay Z, Usher, Ne-Yo, Mary J. Blige, Akon & Alicia Keys

Best Album: Alicia Keys- As I Am, Estelle- Shine, Leona Lewis- Spirit, Usher- Here I Stand & Lil' Wayne- The Carter III

Best Video: Leona Lewis- Bleeding Love, Will.i.am- Heartbreaker, Bashy- Kidulthood To Adulthood, Tinchy Stryder- Stryderman & Estelle- American Boy

Best Jazz: Courtney Brown, Guy Barker, Lizz Wright, Tony Kofi & Yolanda Brown

Best Gospel: Kirk Franklin, Tye Tribbett, Jahaziel, GreenJade & Ekklesia

Best African Act: Magic System, Jua Cali, Jozi, Wahu, P-Square, Asa, Faze, Hip Hop Pantsula, D'Banj Mo Hits Allstars & 9ice

Best Radio DJ: Trevor Nelson, Tim Westwood, Ace & Invisible, Masterstepz, Rampage, Shortee Blitz, Robbo Ranx, Semtex, Steve Sutherland & DJ 279

Best Club DJ: DJ EZ, Steve Sutherland, Semtex, Rampage, Scottie B, Masterstepz, Shortee Blitz, Sarah Love & Hotsteppa

faze, dbanj mohits allstars, asa, 9ice, psquare
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2008
i heard the news from stv and it was only asa,9ice,and d'banj name that was mentioned.
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by property12: 10:02am On Sep 16, 2008
this guy 9ice must not loose this, because his in a different league from all the other nominees, please vote this guy he is too good not to win
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by lalaboi(m): 10:17am On Sep 16, 2008
nigerians back home will def go for 9ice!

trust me, mot every naija pesin abroad dn here gongo aso, bt plenti dn here skibanj, even oyinbosef,

and how many ppl for naija ge the luxury of internet to vote,
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
i think the award is between asa and psquare,but for me i think i will like asa to win it.
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by Baro(m): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2008
Nice one Eleshin, good u edited the topic.

If the Winner is going to be decided strictly by voting, i dont think Asa stands a chance compared to other nominees, thats not to say she doesnt deserve to win. Infact every Nigerian Act on that list deserves the award, so lets just pray it comes to Nigeria cos there are other contenders from other African countries, i.e Jozi, Wahu etc.

Vote for a Nigerian act at www.mobo.com.
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2008
[b]baro,psquare,magic system and d'banj are the most popular out of all the nominees,going by voting in africa i will give it to psquare,in uk no doubt i will give it to d'banj but left to us in nigeria i think asa stand a very good chance.voting online is not part of our culture in nigeria award-wise,many factors attest to that meanwhile the highest number of voters in respect to best african act wud vote from uk meaning that d'banj,asa or psquare(goin by 9ja population in uk) stand a very good chance of winning the award.forget it baro! the award is coming to nigeria,the first edition was won by youssour ndour because 2face was young in the industry then,the second was won by batman samini because psquare were not that original in their music,the third was won by 2face and this fourth one going by the number of 9ja artists nominated,no doubt the award belong to us considering how we've invade and take over the music scene of the whole of africa in recent time.i just want all the nigerian acts representing us this year to have it in mind that nominating you for a CREDIBLE award like MOBO is a big deal,they shud just be united for the award to be in nigeria[/b]
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2008
And the Winner is:
ASA.
NO doubt she's 2 much
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by Emad(f): 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2008
Well i hope that if P2 dont win this one they will not cry too much lipsrsealed
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by Hardar4lag(m): 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2008
plzzz house kindly vote for 9ice www.mobo.com
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by timmfikk(m): 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2008
Well i hope that if P2 don't win this one they will not cry too much Lips sealed

Emad can you please Expatiate what you mean by that,,,,

Because i do not know how Black people brings BLACK word from their Heart to the public
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by Emad(f): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2008
well i am simply drawing from teh last exoerience where they dubbed the world HipHop awards as a Yoruba hip hop award
and cried like children that they had been cheated at the BET awards etc etc you get my drift?
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by timmfikk(m): 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2008
@Emad

Can you tell me where and who among Peter or Paul said that. All i know is that their senior brother Jude lunch a complain and mention it, Moreover the problem with that so called Hip-Hop award for year 2008 is something which no one can complain about because they( Hip-hop) did everything with rush, Moreover if none of the duo twin is not complaining but their brother is doing that i think you need to know he is doing that coz he was the Director of the videos. but i want you to know that these same p-square went to mtv base 2 years and when they came back being only a runners up there was no complain so please leave the fact that Jude complain and stop tagging them with bad name that they cry when they dont get an awards.

Also i think i need to comment on Judes complain for hiphop award, there are instances which needed to be treated from his complain why was dj tee who was working with them on the list, same as the like of jimmy's babe and some other is that how its done in Grammy anyone can say what ever its all about free world.

So dear sister i want you to know that competition makes everything have good and great quality whatever hip could do tomorrow when they came up those guys got them dis-virgin by picking over 3 awards so whats next, Jude complain about Hip-Hop not P-square please try and differentiate their name abeg.

One loff ooo. and i hope no problem with what i just said at all
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by coolboyapg: 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2008
for me i think dbanj win d award due to his large fan base in nigeria,ghana,southafrica and the uk,lets not forget dat nigerians are really large in the uk,but anyaw all the nominees deserves a shot at the award,so anyaw thums up to dbanj and the mohits all stars,9ice,psquare,asa,and faze,all of una try.NO LONG THING
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by shollyaj(m): 12:59am On Sep 21, 2008
9ice has it all but i think 9ice's video with Street Credibility isn't much of a good work, its meant to be a Street thing but it all got cooked up in the Studio that is one flaw and might really affect is nomination or something,"just a guess" and i would as well give it up for ASA any time any day she's an Embodiment of real Talent
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by thando(f): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2008
hope psq wins they stand a very good chance.kenya tanzania uganda siera leone rsa namibia ghana cameroon liberia stand up n b heard our boyz must win.
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by mrjuwon: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2008
to be honest, i think this is a close battle between d'banj and 9ice. D'banj has a big following in London most especially in South London area. 9ice is d only artiste on d list dat seems closest to challenging him.
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by Emad(f): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2008
timmfikk

my comment , not hating
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by timmfikk(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2008
@ Emad''' Alright but i feel ya all way mam kiss
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by kokorunna(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2008
P-Square is far the best and should win this award.

I guess D'banj is also a candidate due to consistent hits

And lastly the less 9ice grin

www.moneysaversforum.com
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2008
psquare and dbanj stand avery good because it is by voting;but if by originality of the music and the artists asa,9ice nd dbanj are the favourite
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by eleshin(m): 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2008
i mean a very good chance
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by timmfikk(m): 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2008
I believe they all have a chance of winning , Moreover you are not talking about the artistes whom are not Nigerian you are already winning the award to Nigerians only, hope its all like you're planning .
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by thando(f): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2008
psq is GONNA win!!!
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by origina9ja(f): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2008
i think its 9ice because most off his track song brings a reminder of our culture yanno with his mix of yoruba and this unique style of him.
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by lalaboi(m): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2008
only nigerians will vote for 9ice!

as for dbanj mohits and psquare, africans will go 4 either of these guyz!

asa, maybe ppl in france and abroad lol!

i voted for dbanj and mo hits! i didmt wanna waste my vote on 9ice! gongo aso was only popular in naija, uk and us,

he didnt promote it to other parts of africa! lol

i even think psquare will beat him in the votings, after watchn this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGKhHe1L52s

there was even more in their video album! wouldnt be surprised if they win aswell!

anyhow sha! all i know is, A NIGERIAN IS WINNING that award!
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by FI: 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2008
P-square will win definately we guys from kenya we don"t no d"banj or9ice who are they we are going to vote for P-square coz they drive us crazy grin
Re: P-Square, Asa, Faze, D'Banj & 9ice All in The Running For Mobo Awards by Baro(m): 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2008
I wish MOBO Awards was decided by votes lipsrsealed. . . . . . Psquare would have won it in 2006 when they were nominated alongside less popular acts like Batman Samini and Tony Tetuila. So lets  keep our fingers crossed and just pray it comes to Nigeria. And who says Faze cant be the eventual WINNER?

(1) (Reply)

Djey James – Reggae Blues Night [da Mixtape] / Why Is FL Studio So Popular In Nigeria? / Learning To Play Piano 2 (excerpts From The Piano Lessons Whatsapp Forum)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.