Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,177 members, 7,780,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:15 AM

ATM- Tips And Advice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM- Tips And Advice (2585 Views)

Betting Guide, Tips And Doubles / Aliexpress Buyers Thread (experiences And Advice) / Interswitch ATM/Debit Card - The Answer To Online Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ATM- Tips And Advice by darqly(m): 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2008
Don't u just hate it when u walk up to the ATM and realize its "Temporarily out of service" or after u think the transaction's going to be completed You get "Temporarily Unable to dispense cash" or worse still, Your account is debited and the daft machine just spits out your card without the cash?
Yes, I've not had that experience anyway because I'D rather borrow cash than use some particular ATM terminals.

Firstly, there are mainly two types of ATM terminals in Nigeria- NCR and Wincor/Nixdorf. Example of NCR are most in-lobby machines especially the ones in Firstbank Halls and even their Thru- the -Wall machines are mainly NCR.
Examples of Wincor are ALL GTB terminals and Most Intercontinental Off-site ATMs. These machines are German-made, look and feel sturdy and reassuring, and they hardly fail mechanically. Off-site means away from the bank, or stand alone ATM terminals e.g at Eateries, Malls, Gas Stations et al.
The other machines you'D be unfortunate to encounter are the pieces of customized plastic that Zenith deploys and some Archaic stuff that Union resurrected from heaven knows where!!

TIP 1- Try as much as possible to use ONLY your banks' ATM. This defeats the aim of interswitch interconnecting ALL the banks BUT saves you the trauma of having another bank machine retaining your card or worse still your money. Believe me, the shortest time I've known another bank to respond to a dispense error is 6 weeks, give or take a week. On the average, your money will be in a suspense account for 8 weeks if God loves you, if not, 3 months!
If you encounter a dispense error on your Bank ATM, regardless of where your account is domiclied, you should get the money back in your account 24 hours after you report it OFFICIALLY. Don't settle for anything less from your bank.

TIP 2- Always try and remember if a particular machine has a notorious history, or the Bank ATM service for that matter. They are all just machines, but some are better than others, and some banks are better than others in this technology deployment as well. Unless if you're the first to get the machine, observe whether the previous customer had a successful transaction before you take the plunge yourself.

TIP 3- If you must use another banks' ATM, make sure its a Wincor. Believe me, I love and trust this machine and it doesn't malfunction. Worst case scenario, it'll tell you it has no cash to dispense or it'll just be out of service when You get there. NCR machines are touch and go, they are Ok, but they have let people down.

TIP 4- Use the following other bank ATM terminals when you have to. In this order- GTB(Wincor), FCMB(Wincor), FirstBank (NCR.They always have crisp MINT), Diamond Bank, SOME Intercontinental Banks (Not All oh wink)UBA (u'll get dirty, soggy notes to boot, ).

These are the ones I can think about for now. Will add more as I experience more! You can add your tips as well so we all avoid being victims at one time or the other.
Re: ATM- Tips And Advice by pqasso: 1:29am On Oct 02, 2008
Guy, you are blessed and highly favoured for your time to educate us.

Stay blessed.
Re: ATM- Tips And Advice by Jummy4real(f): 2:03pm On Oct 10, 2008
Thank dargly. I appreciate you.
Re: ATM- Tips And Advice by babanne(m): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2008
I want everybody to learn more on keeping your ATM safe.Found useful tips that will never make you loose your savings through the use of your ATM cards. See at (add .(dot).com to it):
http://keepyouratmwell

http://keepyouratmwell

Don't fall victim of card fraud.Ensure your financial security.
Re: ATM- Tips And Advice by Okebuola: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2008
the best advice is for all banks to be emv (visa cards, mastercards and v pay cards) compliance as directed by cbn to ensure cards security through chip and pin.
Re: ATM- Tips And Advice by Exstar(f): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2008
@ Post, Kudos! kiss

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Use Modem To Browse On My Android 4.0 Mid Tablet Pc / I Need Scrap Tyres @ Large Quantities In Lagos & Ogun State / Naira Is Now 1500 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.