Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Who Was William Branham? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was William Branham? (2197 Views)

U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / The Seven Churches Ages By William Branham Sub-title:the Revelation Of Jesus Ch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Was William Branham? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2008
I came across a guy today and he went on and on about certain beliefs that included prophesies being fulfilled in 1909 and 1963, and something about the prophet of the gentiles, and about elijah and moses coming down to tell the chosen 144000 chosen people from the 12 tribes of isreal.
It was a lot of info to process and one name stuck William Branham, any of you christian friends heard of them and what do you think?
Re: Who Was William Branham? by IDINRETE: 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2008
who?
what?
where?
when/
how?
why?
Re: Who Was William Branham? by huxley(m): 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2008
This was a great man of god and be careful how you guys call his name. Sadly, god forgot about him and left him to die in a ghastly road accident. You know, god has a w.ay of showing his love and protection for his ministers
Re: Who Was William Branham? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2008
@huxley
Lol no kill me with laugh oh, seriously this guy brought it up at work today, my oga nearly rush the guy on top of column with spanner, lol
Re: Who Was William Branham? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2008
@idinrete
Anything you have got
Re: Who Was William Branham? by nwakaibe(m): 10:03am On Sep 17, 2008
why not search for the info via any of the search engines. I have a lot on him but could not work om typing out now.
Re: Who Was William Branham? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2008
Nairalanders always have good points of view
Re: Who Was William Branham? by Justok(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
William Marion Branham was a notable man of God. Born in the US (I can't remember exactly) circa 18th or 19th century in the US. He was known with mysterious signs and wonders even when he was was a kid. He later grow up to be a powerful man of God with many miracles.

Some christian writers are of the opinion that he veered away from his God's given ministry at the later end,
Anyway, some christian books like "God's Generals" will tell you more about this man of God.

His followers still remain till date around the world and even in Nigeria.
Re: Who Was William Branham? by rampagain: 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2008
huxley:

Exactly, his followers. That is what all religions is all about - followers of charismatic preachers. From Jesus, Mohammed, Krishna, Branham, Hinn, Pastor Chris, Kohesh, etc, etc.

Funny how god forgot about him and let him die in a ghastly road accident.

it shouldnt bother u,should it?
Re: Who Was William Branham? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2008
Justok:

William Marion Branham was a notable man of God. Born in the US (I can't remember exactly) circa 18th or 19th century in the US. He was known with mysterious signs and wonders even when he was was a kid. He later grow up to be a powerful man of God with many miracles.

Some christian writers are of the opinion that he veered away from his God's given ministry at the later end,
Anyway, some christian books like "God's Generals" will tell you more about this man of God.

His followers still remain till date around the world and even in Nigeria.

"Christian" writers like who? Because he didnt preach the same nonsense they regularly dished out to gullible but spiritually empty shareholders . . . sorry members of their congregation?
Re: Who Was William Branham? by KunleOshob(m): 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
davidylan:

"Christian" writers like who? Because he didnt preach the same nonsense they regularly dished out to gullible but spiritually empty shareholders . . . sorry members of their congregation?
David i am sure you meant customers, shareholders partake of profit in an organization whilst the revenue is generated from customers except you are saying these preachers share the proceeds of their churches with their congregation.
Re: Who Was William Branham? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2008
KunleOshob:

David i am sure you meant customers, shareholders partake of profit in an organization whilst the revenue is generated from customers except you are saying these preachers share the proceeds of their churches with their congregation.

oops thanks for that astute correction. yes i meant paying customers.
Re: Who Was William Branham? by Ndipe(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
Never heard of him till today
Re: Who Was William Branham? by donnie(m): 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2008
I read a bit about him and i believe (even though some don't) dt he was a man of God.
He encountered God ever before he knew of any bk calld d bible. God used strange signs to get his attention. The wind blew, he hrd God speak aloud. Wth very ittle knowledge of d english language bt wth great power, he preached d gospel with mighty demonstrations of the Spirit.
TL Osborne attended one of his meetings nd his life never remained the same as he witnessed d power of God first hand, seeing d MOG putting his finger into deaf ears and commanding the deaf and dumb spirits to come out.
According to TL, i hrd a thousand voices saying to me. . . You can do that, u can do that!
I've also seen the famous picture which showed a live hallow above his head.
His story along with those of the founder of RCCG, and TB Josuah are similar. They show us a God who is eager to reach and use his chosen despite their limitations even if he needs to make use of very strange signs to get his attention and those of d world.
Re: Who Was William Branham? by Ndipe(m): 12:44am On Sep 18, 2008
http://www.letusreason.org/Latrain4.htm

For more information about him, click on the above website
Re: Who Was William Branham? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2008
I read that link, some teachings that were contrary to the popular conventions then. What are your views, issues include baptism, trinity and so on.
Re: Who Was William Branham? by BroPee: 10:17am On Oct 05, 2011
He preached over a thousand sermons that are on the internet today. Listen to this one PLEASE http://churchages.com/en/sermon/branham/63-0318-first-seal
God will reveal to you who this man was. God bless you.

About his death, God NEVER forgets His prophets. His prophets are people who are also subject to the same temptations and trials as we are. He went through it God allowing it. He had finished his mission for which God had sent him ( The 7 seals in the book of Revelation and the seven church ages). What would you say of John the baptist who was beheaded when God was walking the Earth in human form yet Jesus says there was no prophet greater than John. We need revelation knowledge on how God works with his servants. What of the apostles Paul, Peter, John- How did they die?

(1) (Reply)

Oh Black Man Athiesm Insults Thee! / Jesus Walked On Water: / Halls Of Judgment To Be Encountered Before Entering Heaven- Abraham Yakubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.