Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Why Is Html Form Not Working On Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Is Html Form Not Working On Website? (2071 Views)

Wordpress Comment Form Not Showing / Please Comment On This Website - skeletal form, not meant to be a fresh post / We're Working On Online Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Html Form Not Working On Website? by greatikena: 11:14am On Sep 17, 2008
I am building a contact form on my website using dreamweaver but somebody told me it will never work. how can i make it work. Help please!
Re: Why Is Html Form Not Working On Website? by olush0la(m): 11:52am On Sep 17, 2008
Your question is too ambiguous.
PROBABLY, the person told you that
based on the fact that you need a little more than html
to be able to parse a form on a web page (depending on what you wanna achieve)

First off, figure out what your issue is and repost,
Re: Why Is Html Form Not Working On Website? by uspry1(f): 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2008
Build a contact HTML form employs actions/behaviors resulting in both client-side and server-side scripting for the entire form validations on the fly web page.

Without client-side/server-side scripting, the contact HTML form will not work, and you will get too many fake results, spamming, and scamming info on your email programs (Yahoo! mail, Hotmail, AIM, Gmail, and other ISP providers' mail server) incoming mail messages JUNK!!! shocked shocked
Re: Why Is Html Form Not Working On Website? by sanyaele(m): 7:07pm On Sep 22, 2008
What kind of server are you running?
1. ASP on Windows
2. ASPX on Windows
3. PHP on Apache

The implement form-to-mail differently.
Re: Why Is Html Form Not Working On Website? by yawatide(f): 12:45am On Sep 23, 2008
vanilla html form will NOT work unless the hosting company provides you with a cgi-enabled processor on their end. In other words, rather than build your own form with some backend language (PHP, JSP, etc), you point the "action" attribute of your form to some cgi script residing on your host's server.

If you don't know a lick of whatever backend language, call the host and c if they can handle form processing on their end. Chances are though that if they do, you will be limited with respect to what you can actually do with the script. Either that or google for "free form processor" or words to that effect. Back when all I knew was HTML, I found some useful scripts for 'tell a friend" forms. All I needed to do was prepare the form in HTML and point the "action" attribute of my form to their script and they did the rest.

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress, Joomla & Drupal Which Do You Prefer (state Your Reasons) / Introducing Nigeria's First Funny Pictures And Memes Directory. / I Will Create A Professional Blog For You(pay After Service)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.