Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call (29385 Views)

My 3D Graphic Photos / 2D And 3D Graphic Animation. / Info For Training On 3d/graphic Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by jemit(m): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2008
, others

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2008
personally i think the environment doesnt play a 'major' role in the story, other than establishing the era.
any of the pix can work, if we tie in the characters and make them consistent with whateva style we employ.

good work man.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2008
Men guys its like my connection problem is stil goin 2persist bt no wories,im stil here&i trust OKX 2fil in wen im not on.
@OKX
no fear!Im nt goin anywhere!Hehe!
@jemit
u think like me&let me say im glad u r wit me.D stils r perfect&consistent with d story era.Al dats left 2do is model it&scatter it around 2form a large settlement.We'l get 2dat.Like OKX said,we hav 2nail believable characters also.Splendid job,lets kip it on.
@others
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2008
My earlier post was quite short cos i really did not read the other page but now that i have read it i want to first say kudos again to u all and the harder we work the closer we will get to our goal.Its not going to be easy but i am sure its going to be worthwhile.
@jemit
the pics u posted, i will go with the second pic. The baboo walls will be easier to model and texture.the roof will be the same style but we are going to use clay-texture cos frankly, dealing with hay roofs will just add to the already piling work. Remeber to objects like gourds, water pots and the likes that i posted before.They will serve to beef up the scene.
For the palace, we will have to do a more stylish hut, at least to show royalty. So we have reached an agreement on that.
@tunslike
was beginning u had abandoned ur crew here.Well u are forgiven cheesy but dont be in the habit of falling off the ap.Looking forward to seeing what u have for us before today's end. Also, we tend to be very humorous here especially if u hav chatted with OKX, u will know he means no harm.Remember how he gutted me at the beginning of this thread but now we are working in bloody good phase. So dont sweat it
@OKX
wink wink wink wink wink keep u the thread and thanks for the ega support

@all
sorry about the late draft should be in ur boxes today with the character profiles so we can start having our 2D sketches. Bizkit, u have to start pulling ur weight. No response from u yet and am wondering if u are really down?
@neikid
still waiting for what u wanted to ask

KEEP THE FIRE BURNING GUYS wink cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by damseremie(m): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2008
been away from the form 4 a while. havent read much of this topic. just this last page but i saw gys talking about african huts so here are some stuff i was working on 'bot a year ago.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2008
@damseremie
hey,welcome bak 2d forum.Im d guy who jumpstartd dis thread&while i must say i like ur models,dis thread is nt actualy 4just postin stuf.We here r creatin a team 2put out an animated movie.We r doin a 5min pilot clip 1st.I advise u read d thread 4rm pg1.We r stil lookin for capable teamplayers.U might just hav a space,bt 2grasp d full idea of wot we r up 2,i suggest u read d whole thread.1ce again,ur works r nice.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by damseremie(m): 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2008
this is a veeery long thread,took me so long 2 read.
pity i wasnt around during the story creation but it's ok, am in,
YES to project
blogname- damseremie
skills: CONCEPTUALISATION(6), MODELING(cool,POST PRODUCTION(9).Particle systems in Post- prod(7), VFX(7), motion graphics(7)
software: After Effects/Premiere , 3D MAX 2008/2009,Photoshop, Zbrush, Bodypaint,

preferred department: 1ST CHOICE- Post Production
                                    2ND CHOICE- MODELING

Previous Projects:
Edit/Post-production:
www.youtube.com/damseremie

3D:

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2008
Welcome dams,hope i can cal u dat,u just walkd right into fire,hope u can take d heat.Just kidin.But its straight 2work.I'll forward d updated draft&xter profiles 2u but u still hav 2post ur location,email&phone number for clarity.Welcome once again&sory about d long thread.
@all
i'l b sendin an updated teamlist again 2everybody 1ce dams completes his details on d post.
Na us get 3D for 9ja,make we use am.Hehe!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2008
Hi Crew,

based on the last drafted story, find below the reference for the demigod, well the truth is, am not that perfect on 2D Sketches, so i usually contract my 2D Sketches job out, sorry for that little weakness on the team, but i know i still have much more to offer than that.

i think am better getting reference and manipulating them.

@Resold
Boss, i ain't good in/at this part bro, but hey men! let them get something done and when modeling starts, tunslike kicks in, i could have work on some sketch on the environment but i guess its not the priority for now, but however any try i will definitely post in

Good luck team
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Whalewale(m): 12:46am On Oct 08, 2008
this is some good stuff
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by jemit(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2008
Whalewale:

this is some good stuff

@ whalewale, k'mon why dont u join the crew, it will be great to have someone like u around also.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by sojioguns(m): 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2008
It would be nice if we could see pix and sketches of the progress. Hope work is going on well though.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2008
@ all
been a little under the weather, plus i had to be away from my laptop & connectin for two 'forever' days.
when i read tru wat i've missed will holla.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 12:43am On Oct 09, 2008
@neikid
welcome bak bro.Rite now i am stil suffering downtime on my conection also so dont sweat it but we nid u up 2speed ASAP.
@all
i trust u guys hav al gotten d drafts.Cant send d updated teamlist yet tho cos some details&comitments r stil shady.
@tunslike
men,u hav d go ahead 2post ur sketches so u can begin ur environs modeling
@sojioguns&whalewale
tanx 4poppin in and showin interest in our work but we cud use a few more talented hands like u both on this project.So what say u guys?(8
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 3:52am On Oct 10, 2008
Guys?2days&no posts from anyone, I thot d draft was wot was holdin u back.Pls,we nid sketches people.
@bizkit
dude,u r 2D certified so y havnt u started bombardin us wit ur beautiful works huh!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Jydekris(m): 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2008
Hi guys, Thanks 4 ur comments on ma thread.
I,ve seen so many beautiful works on 2d and 3d in the featured forum. May be we should post more on the 2d/3d forum. I'm feeling kinda lonely there. I would be very pleased and not just me, if there r drawings and tutes and stuff 4 all to learn from. Even if it takes subscription.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2008
neikid in the building cool cool
i'm as suprised as resichild.
no sketches,
guess pips are still working
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by damseremie(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2008
Email:
damseremie@yahoo.com
Phone:

My phones is down sha for the next 3 days.Got a small fault
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:45am On Oct 11, 2008
@jydekris
i cant believe u.Are u sayin u wud rather post for free dan help us wit our project?Men come on,we nid 2D artists rite now.We promise nt to take al ur time.So dude,join us.
@neikid
yeah!Tanx 4feelin my pain,
@damsemerie
tanx 4updatin ur info,it shows ur commitment&i realy appreciate it.I trust u got d mail i sent round.Dats d latest story draft&character profiles.We al r on concept-sketch duty so feel 2draw&post.Dosent matter how gud,just fair enuf 2convey ur idea.Best o' luck.
@all
guys realy?Y do i feel so alone
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2008
our 2d guys wats up now
work is dragging o!!!
resichild:

@all
guys realy?Y do i feel so alone
you are not alone bro.
i am doing another model of the demigod to conform with your specification, just somthin out of my mind sha.
i dont want to jump the the gun again thats why i'm not posting, plus i'm waiting for our 2d guys so i'll be sure of the exact thing to do.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2008
@ RESICHILD
good job on the updated draft- i have just a few minor suggestions on the narrative. will mail my suggested alterations to u.
swamped at the moment but will hop on the work trail once i clear my desk. good going!

thot there was a 2d chap on board ur team. give him a definite task 2 deliver. do the same with ur other dept. workers
true, this isnt a 'paying' project in the short term; but anyone who lacks the motivation/drive to deliver on target(s) at this stage is better off NOT on ur team!

create a work schedule based on ur 'staff' and apportion tasks with deadlines. anyone who defaults on output without a good reason is OUT!
u have to balance goodwill with discipline- finally, its in anyones interest to participate in this project. in fact, one might even call it a privilege.

its okay to end up with 2 dedicated chaps than 10 flakes.
just my thots
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2008
@ NEIKID
dont let 2d hold u up.
u can proceed with ur modeling, just post a draft of ur image planes 4 critique/approval

we may have to bend the professional rules to fit our unique work-situation
good goin bro
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 5:27am On Oct 12, 2008
@okx
now u hav completely reached d same thots level wit me.We hav 2cut some corners 2make dis 1st stage a success.Rite now eveyoda person is M.I.A save u&neikid.Iv bin hollerin at bizkit 4 the sketches bt he's nt respondin.D jydekris guy is nt forthcoming.I'm seekin outside help 4sketches.Also,ur suggestions r welcome.About asigning tasks,i dnt even knw who&who's active.I cn only vouch 4u,neikid,jemit&tunslike.D rest guys, Xcept damsemerie d newguy.So u see my fix?But we'l get there.We just need 2start postin stuff.N remember u owe me pics.
@neikid
u see,my notion has bin seconded.So pls,hit us wit more demigods&dnt b afraid 2b creative
@all
guys,we wud realy start droppin people,pls dnt force my hand.We need teamplayers so who's down shud start postin
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by zPixel(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2008
Guys well done. i'll like to see how far you've gone.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by sojioguns(m): 11:14pm On Oct 12, 2008
@resichild, As you are the brain child behind this initiative, I would like you to really put more structure into this. Creativity alone will NOT be enough for this kind of project. The feedback should have given you the heads up that commitment is an issue. What do participants stand to gain from this venture? People want value for time spent on the project. Spell all this out and the response would improve. There are a lot of things you would like to iron out before you get to more advanced stages in the project.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 10:56am On Oct 13, 2008
@zpixel
dude,u hit my thread?I neva thot u'l get around bt tanx 4d interest tho it'l b a lot cooler if u were onboard.Luv ur work.Neeways consider it.
@sojioguns
tanx 4ur interest&advice.I knw where u r comin 4rm but d fact is u seem 2b 4getin one detail-we r on a major online project.I was on an online project 2ce,Persia Group Software&Max Games,india&U.S respectively.I was concept-lead on both.Everyone understood d terms&knew dat funds came afta d initial pitch 2investors.Ur pass was ur input&a generaly signed concensus.D concensus in dis case is dis nairaland forum.As 4input,evry1 wants a jumpstart.U come here because u want 2chek our progres&mite den b interestd.D key here is 4dose of us more comitted 2kickstart d team.Its d sacrifice we r makin but i knw hw 2reward d forerunners.I hav dat covered.So dont wory,d slow pace was expected&planned for.WATCH THIS SPACE.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by jemit(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2008
hey guys, sorry i have not been online 4 a while now. how's work going?

i'm working on modelling the village scene and i also have some ideas for the cave where akin encounters onya. should be thru by wednesday.

still hope we can get some 2d artists.

@resichild, how far with the storyboard?? i've got some ideas, but sketching dem out is a lil' problem.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Whalewale(m): 12:29am On Oct 14, 2008
i wuld have loved to join but my internet connection isnt that fast at all
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by zPixel(m): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2008
I seriously would like 2 be onboard, but am so busy right now. But i guess i can still help with some little modelling, uvmapping & lighting. Also, i think a storyboard should be your top priority right now, so everybody can be on the same track.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2008
@zpixel
i wud luv dat.Tanx a bunch.D storyboards r kinda on ice now because we dont hav character concept sketches.Im stil tryn 2get a 2D sketch artist 2do d job.He's previously ocupied.
@all
sory 4not postn in a wile.I switchd my internet provider 2reltel, Lets just say i wud saw off a hand 2take back dat mistake.Wel lets kip it up people.D flow's slow bt we shud work on.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2008
guys, guys, guys sad sad sad sad sad
we should have gone boyond the stage we're @ now.
wats holding us up?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2008
@ all
i'm really starting to wonder if we are for real at all.

@ resichild
instill some dicipline in the work force,
set deadlines, shoot some people, get more people, & shoot 'em too if need be grin grin grin
just do what you gat to do to make this work cool
its your call wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Journey To Being A Professional / Let's Proudly Show Off Mobile Photography... / Amazing Charcoal Drawings By 2poundz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.