Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . (1363 Views)

Cossy Orjiakor Holds A Glass Of Wine With Her Boobs (Photos) / Meet The Romance Section Nairalanders (what You Think About Others) / ~Welcome To The Romance Section (New Members Introduce Yourselves)~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by topup: 3:04am On Sep 18, 2008
This is not a current situation:

'My boyfriend is only romantic when he's tipsy or drunk, does that count or mean anything?'

Scenario:

"I don't drink, but my boyfriend drinks everyday, even when there is no reason to, just a glass of vodka if he has any around. I have been in my bed alone a few times and sober, when he's gone out with his boys, and then I'll receive a phone call from him, saying 'we need to talk', he'D suddenly get all serious and unlike himself and start pouring out his heart and soul, saying he really cares for me, never found anyone ever like me, wants our relationship to last forever. He says he 'loves me'. But when he's sober, he teases me, makes jokes about me, he's flirty, but un-romantic. His actions don't seem to match, he has gradually becoming lazier in the relationship, not replying my texts or telling me where he is or even calling. But then at the same time, I'll be surprised with a call, where he says we should try to work out the future so we can stay together or that he completely trusts me, that there is no one else he wants to be with, he'll even open up, about his struggles, and cry."

Question:

Confessions of the heart made under the influence of alcohol, would you take them seriously/believe them or not, considering that the person's general behaviour is of someone who couldn't give a damn about you?
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by gboyesh(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2008
All i can say is " confessions of the heart under the influence of alcohol usually tend to be truer as alcohol tends to bring out the inner thots , of the person , kinda lika what is called "Dutch Courage"
Alcohol loosens inhibition that a person who is not romantic would begin to spew his true feelings esp when talkin to a person who he/she has agenda with!!!!
The Fact that he even calls you when out with his buddies just goes to show he has "You" on the brain!!!
Appreciate!!! cool!!!
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by timbabng(m): 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2008
. . .he probably loves you more than he's showing, is he bothered about something in his life?
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by A40(m): 1:01am On Sep 19, 2008
You never can tell some guys get their balls after a drink or two your boyfriend may be one of them
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by HRhotness(f): 1:55am On Sep 19, 2008
my ex used to be that way. . . he only had d courage to say how he felt after we had both been partying and drinking all night. . . Alcohol tends to loosen our inhibitions so I do pay attention whenver he came around drunk.

In due time tho, he got comfortabe enough to speak to me straight, which was a relief becos i got tired of pouring drinks down his throat whenver i wanted to hav a serious conversation with him grin grin grin grin
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by KarmaMod(f): 1:59am On Sep 19, 2008
ew.
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by A40(m): 2:18am On Sep 19, 2008
@Hr.hotness
Guys can be really shy like that dont be suprised
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by topup: 2:20am On Sep 19, 2008
Well, the words 'I love you' were uttered under the influence, but all my friends told me not to take it seriously lol, that it is much easier to say things which aren't true and to magnify one's feelings when you're tipsy.
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by HRhotness(f): 2:23am On Sep 19, 2008
topup:

Well, the words 'I love you' were uttered under the influence, but all my friends told me not to take it seriously lol, that it is much easier to say things which aren't true and to magnify one's feelings when you're tipsy.

True but it cna also be that he just didnt hav d guts without liquid courage. . .
it would depend on the individual tho.

my ex still has the habit of confessing whenver he gets too drunk. . . lol. his current girlfriend isnt very happy with him at the moment because of his latest confession (he is refusing to tell me what it was) grin grin
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 19, 2008
. . . can't continue a relationship with someone that drinks to stupor. He'll lose my respect instantly.

@ topic

I won't take him seriously. If he can't tell me when he's sober, he should forget it.
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by KarmaMod(f): 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2008
stillwater:

. . . can't continue a relationship with someone that drinks to stupor. He'll lose my respect immediately

@ topic

I won't take him seriously. If he can't tell me when he's sober, he should forget it.

Ditto but modified
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by agaba123(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2008
How was he able to sweep you off your feet if he cannot tell you how much he cares.

Maybe you gus started with text message or e-mail love. grin grin
Teknuzu dikwa egwu
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by soulamanne(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2008
there is this sayin that a drunk says the truth.i want to beleive the guy means this.just try to take him for whom he his ang try to see what u can do about his gettin drunk(note;not his drinkin).cos what i fear is when he gets angry he can also turn to u under alcohol as well.and u know what that means.gdluck
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by spikedcylinder: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2008
stillwater:

. . . can't continue a relationship with someone that drinks to stupor. I'll lose my respect instantly.

@ topic

Seconded. smiley
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by topup: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2008
agaba123:

How was he able to sweep you off your feet if he cannot tell you how much he cares.

Maybe you gus started with text message or e-mail love. grin grin
Teknuzu dikwa egwu

Lol, nope. It was a face-to-face meeting, then he stalked me, then it became Facebook, then a tipsy phonecall, but many things were done when he was pretty sober. I am not saying that the guy's a mess when he drinks, he could handle his drinks most of the times, it's just he would be tipsy before he opened up. There were times when he seemed really sober and opened up, but on studying his habits, he could be sat by the computer doing work and then he'd take a shot of vodka, just casually.
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by agaba123(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2008
I have not seen much of his crime though.
He uses the liquid to gain Dutch confidence
he met you and could not pull the stuff and resorted to facebook until he landed you.

You could see that his vodka actually gives him the leverage to do what he wants to do.

I guess he is a shy guy.

Give him a chance. Prolly you might let him know you don't bite grin grin as he would have seen several times.

Now teasing could be good except when it is overdone and i know some women actually like to be teased.
Get worried about the vodka because of his health mostly.
I think he may be real. Just give him some time so that he can get used to you.
How long has he been with you?
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by KarmaMod(f): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2008
dude, she's talking about an ex

and a guy that needs a drink before he can have confidence is a coward.
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by spikedcylinder: 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ topup

Besides when he's drunk, what was/is he like? I mean, ignoring the romantic aspect of things.
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by freakyy(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

dude, she's talking about an ex

and a guy that needs a drink before he can have confidence is a coward.

I object!!
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by KarmaMod(f): 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2008
Overruled.
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by Busta(f): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2008
First and foremost . . . .the drinking problem needs to be addressed.
Re: The Romance Only Flows After A Glass Or Two . . by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2008
KarmaMod:

Ditto but modified

Lol cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How To Steal Your Boyfriend Back From This Strange Woman / Texting, Chatting, Or Face-to-face: Communication Is Lifeline Of Relationships / Are You Dating A Married Man Or Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.