Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Business Name Registration In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Name Registration In Nigeria (51300 Views)

Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria / Trademark Registration in Nigeria / Company Registration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Name Registration In Nigeria by freelance(m): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2006
Registering A Business Name

Hello Nairalanders,

I would like to register a business for my company. Does anybody in the house have any tips for a business name registration or a reliable and sure way it can be carried out? Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Safe
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Seun(m): 11:43am On Jul 08, 2006
Hello freelance,

You will find the 'Company Registration In Nigeria' discussion useful. I think it costs 5,000 naira or so to register a business name. Is there a Nairaland member who performs this service?

- Seun Osewa
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Akolawole(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2006
@Freelance

1) Where do you live?

2) Is it just Business Name registration or LTD company et al?
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Ashiwaju(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2006
It depends on the share capital, you ll need about 34,000 to get registered on a 100,000 share capital and about 60,000 to get registered on a share capital of 500,000, so the list goes and i think ventures and enterprices is about 9,000
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Seun(m): 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2006
Ashiwaju, business name registration is what you mean by "ventures and enterprises". Where should I go if I want to register a business name? Are you involved in this business? Thanks!
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Ashiwaju(m): 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2006
I only know the Cooperate Affairs in Lagos, i did mine there few years ago but i have a contact there or better still you can visit CAC Lagos Office @ the 4th floor,Elephant House, Alausa,Ikeja,Lagos,Nigeria. You ll be required to Pay N500 for name search.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by DoMH: 10:59pm On Jul 08, 2006
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:04am On Jul 10, 2006
Ashiwaju, you mean I can just go to Corporate Affairs Commission tommorrow and they will just attend to me like that, no delay and no trouble? Is it that easy, or is there something more we need to know?
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by hola2ng(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2006
I think you can register business names and or incorporation online
at : http://www.cac.gov.ng/
You don't even need to go to their offices anymore.
Just do it online.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by delarontus(f): 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2006
I register business names and companies but i'm not in Lagos. The online service is for lawyers only and its not even reliable because they have not set things right at their IT department.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2006
The online service is for lawyers only and its not even reliable because they have not set things right at their IT department.
I'm so relieved to read this! For a moment, I thought I was no longer in Nigeria. Online registration is impossible!!
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Ashiwaju(m): 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2006
@Seun

All you have to do is get to the Coporate affairs in Lagos at the afformentioned address. . .pick a form at the Ground floor UBA for five hundred. go back to 4th floor, get a form, fill the form and submit. you ll be required to come back after two weeks and its better to have a contact there, so you can save your time and make more calls to know when your name search is avilable and please note that you ll be required to pay or collect a name search form as many times as possible i.e if the name you search for is taken,You ll have to get anada form,look for a name perhaps mix names from your first and last names or something. . .just like you are creating your I.D on yahoo!

When your name search is out and your name is approved:::you ll be required to bring some documents depending on what your type of business is, for example if you intend to run a consultancy office, you ll need to demonstrate that you have gone thru an acadamic Institution "territiary", they ll need a copy of this and a copy of that to complete your application for registration:::that takes anada two weeks or so and your share capital really matters!
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by freelance(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2006
Thanx all for the tips. i would find time to go there next week and make the enquires.seun thanx. safe and wish you all the best. safe
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by exago(m): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2007
Maybe this list of all the expected likely fees can help out, From name search to registration. You can also contact my friend (He is a lawyer, works on the Island).
As par his charges I can't really comment cause you have to negotiate on your own.
You can call Him on
Ehis - 08056455474

Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by niyyie(m): 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2007
The best thing to do is visit the nearest CAC office.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by babaife(m): 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2007
CAC is no longer at UBA house, Marina but 26 Aje Street, sabo Yaba. i visted their office last week for the same purpose and was able to obtain this information.

regards
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by tundeyoung: 8:21am On Oct 06, 2007
My advice: try the law firm of Dare Aguda (www.justicedareaguda.com). He specializes in Business Registration and he's a retired high court justice.

I'd rather trust someone like him.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by zaragoza(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2008
Pls are u dsame anulie with the one dat attended fedponek owerri
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 12, 2008
tundeyoung:

My advice: try the law firm of Dare Aguda (www.justicedareaguda.com). He specializes in Business Registration and he's a retired high court justice.

I'D rather trust someone like him.

Quite surprised that the only contact phone number on the website is a mobile number. Even if you say that gsm is the in thing in Nigeria, why wouldn't the UK address on the site have a fixed UK number.
I am not comfortable with the website, prove me wrong.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by irenio(m): 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2008
business name registration can be done for as low as N7000 just go to the company with your 2 passport photo
mentorworld Consulting Services
181 Bamgbose street, 2nd floor, front suite, oshodi bus-stop, lagos- lsland
lagos 07031264179
direction
from obalende- tinubu, drop at oshodi bus-stop or from cms -obalende, dop at hospital road junction
the firm is reliable, l did mine with them
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by omogidi234(m): 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2008
Seun:

I'm so relieved to read this! For a moment, I thought I was no longer in Nigeria. Online registration is impossible!!

@ original poster and Seun
Well, Like any other IT product in Nigeria, the cac online is working and I have been using it regularly but it is been stretched beyond its limit and no effort is being made to expand its capacity.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by adebisi1(m): 7:54am On Nov 20, 2008
freelance , call me when ya ready i will do the registration for you . 08064719927
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by danteweb: 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2008
does anyone know what the url to the cac online registration tool is? cheers
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2008
Sorry, it will be a waste of time for you to use the online registration process because you have to be accredited by the CAC usually given to lawyers to use the online registration. It was designed to curb touting by fraudsters who pose as authentic registrars of companies after recieving money from unsuspecting clients.

Cheers
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by plawson(m): 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2008
@lawyer, do you do the registrations?
let us know. so interested members can
reach you too. cheers.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by adebisi1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2008
i do company registration if ya interested contact me on 08064179927
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 1:17am On Nov 30, 2008
@p.lawson
Thanks for the kind words, truely appreciated. Yes i do registration of companies and that one of my core practice activities. I am a full corporate lawyer. The reason i havent posted anything recently is because the CAC has revised their rules and the new rules and fees will be coming out either on monday or tuesday and i dont want to jump the gun until i have the full facts to relate to you guys and post them.

Until then, i have suspended all present registration requests from nairalanders till the new rules are out before i give my opinions about it.

KINDEST REGARDS! wink
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2008
I dont understand how rational human beings think atimes. This thread was devoted to business registration and for people to ask all manner of questions regarding a sucessful registration and for people to help them out with it.

What has a forex advert got to do with this thread? And to make matters worse you are delieverin your advert in a very comical maner. I am sure there are hundreds of forex threads for you to insert this inside?

Sometimes people like you make it difficult for users to enjoy nairaland! undecided
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by danteweb: 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2008
@lawyer, i tried to register a name that included the word media and was told i needed some sort of professional certificate to do that. Anyways, can you handle the registration and what is your role going to be in the process.
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 11:43pm On Dec 03, 2008
danteweb:

@lawyer, i tried to register a name that included the word media and was told i needed some sort of professional certificate to do that. Anyways, can you handle the registration and what is your role going to be in the process.

@danteweb

Hi,

Well sorry your media name didnt go through. There is a reason for that. Most businesses that have something to do with professionalism or has an accredited body monitoring that form of business needs some form of certificate of proficiency in that business you propose to register. It applies to mostly Information technology, engineering, Accounting, finance, money related or banking, law, medicine, pharmacy, environmental etc. In short if your reistering a business that has some form of technical professional skill required, it has to be backed up with a certificate of proficiency.

This certificate of proficiency includes a diploma or degree in that specified field. If you are 2 or more directors, only one of the directors is required to present that certificate of proficiency for verification so that the CAC is confident that at least one director is knowledgeable about that field and not a bunch of quacks.

Also this affects the objects of the company. An object of a company includes the kind of things you can do in that company which gives you the authority and power to pursue that business. It is a very technical thing to draft by lawyers and a slight mistake can lead to the whole process being started all over again. I will give you a sample of a business object at the bottom of this post to make things clearer for you.

So unless you or the other directors have a certificate of proficiency in media related businesses, i am sorry it might be tough to register it.

The most difficult process of registration of companies deals with the registration of names. CAC constantly rejects similar names and it is very very frustrating when a name that has been entered for search 2 weeks ago will be returned denied. So please be ingenious in choosing 3 unique names. 

Secondly, yes i handle registration processes but i would advise you to wait till next year because i have stopped collecting registration processes from nairalanders this year because the process will be short lived. This is due to the festive season coming up and the staffs in Cac wont pay much attention to requests and secondly which is the most important reason to me, there is a form which has to be filled by lawyers to be attached to all the registration forms called "the declaration of compliance form to be sworn to by a solicitor".

For further info, send me a private email and we would take it up from there.

Cheers!
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by rachiwise(f): 11:00am On Mar 31, 2009
Pls i would like to know more on registering a small business(a boutique). How do i go abt this?

I was told there are laywers or agents that do this , how do i contact them.

Also, how long would it take because I need it for a business deal which is in April.

Pls it is urgent!

Thanks!
Re: Business Name Registration In Nigeria by coolted(m): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2009
Its qiute easy to register your company. but most of the time it cost more,if you don't have good pple that would do it for you.

1st to register a limited liability company of 1million shares will cost you 60,000, an NGO or churches would cost you 135,000.
please do check these website,
http://companyregistration.blog126.fc2.com

or call 08035835688
ted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami, His Mother, Wife Asba And Children Hang Out Together (Photos) / Mohammed Sani Dangote's Wedding In Malaysia (Photos) / Please Suggest A Business I Can Start With Five Hundred Thousand Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.