Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! (6056 Views)

Alex Ferguson's Statue Unveiled At Old Trafford / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? / Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by teeroy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2006
Is it Surprising?

Angry Brazilian football fans have destroyed a seven-metre tall statue of World Player of the Year Ronaldinho following the national team's World Cup quarterfinal exit at the hands of France.

The statue, made out of resin and iron, in the southern town of Chapeco in Santa Catarina state, was burnt in the night of Saturday to Sunday, after the Selecao's 1-0 defeat to Les Bleus, according to the local mayor's spokesperson.
"All that's left is a burnt out metal skeleton of a statue," the source said.

The monument, depicting Ronaldinho with a ball, was inaugurated two years ago to celebrate the player's first World Footballer of the Year award in 2004.

The Barcelona forward, who is from the neighbouring Rio Grande do Sul state,was the biggest flop during the tournament, failing to shine as he had done all season in his club's colours.Perhaps he was over-awed by the stage where the likes of Zidane blossomed.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19677838-5004540,00.html

Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Grizzly(m): 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2006
wtf?!!
and who would want to succumb to temporary madness like that?!
some pips are real foolish, cos for all i care, Ronaldinho will still shine, cool
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Priscila(f): 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2006
Teeroy
All along I know you are a halaaamadrid fan and if you are out to incite me against my Gaucho, your propaganda has failed.
Brazil is not Ronaldinho alone. What of Ronaldo's elephantiasis heavy thighs?And Dida who swallowed henry venom? And kaka?Adriano?
I beg, they leave him alone. Those players did not give him morale and furthermore its Brazil which allowed sex during worldcup. It cost them and all are to blame plus media hype

They can as well burn his house,property so long as he is left intact and live to play in 2010 and his leagues.
They only want ready made food while in preparation they went relaxing with fans in a small city as others trained hard.

I was highly disappointed by brazil as a fanatic and fan but I give them benefit of doubt
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by rikkyjen(m): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2006
Prisccy, you simply don't understand!!!. So much is expected from ronnie, though thats not a good justification for burning his statues!!. Much was expected from him. You canyt compare him to kaka and the others because he is a 2tme world player, so he is expected to do wonders by the irate brazzillian fans.

you crack me up,don't you know brazilian fans are crazier than the Agberos of England ( english fans) cheesy cheesy

You doubting me? then you need to watch flamengo Vs Corinthians. cheesy
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Priscila(f): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2006
Rikkyjen!
As you also noticed underdog names like klose,Podolski,pirlo,Swesteiger,tenorio( I mean names that lack football meaning came out shinning unlike what we are used to.
Ronaldinho alone could not have defended, free-kicked, forwarded and flanked.
It's all team work.
I blame it on Perreira.
He took them to unknown city where they were having fun with women fans and playing local teams which they were beating ten goals to nil instead of training. INSULT!!
And he supposedly allowed sex during world cup. Who is to blame?
I beg them leave Dinho for me.
Failure on their coaching part does not constitute a crisis on Dinhos part
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by under18(f): 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2006
Sure
ronaldinho is still the best even if he loses that title.
you mean they were having sex in Germany?
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by mukina2: 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2006
best or no best without eto he's nothing
anyway wat did he do or aw well did he play
he's only highlight i know is his foul on that poor ghanian player grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by under18(f): 10:11am On Jul 10, 2006
Its not always good players will shine
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by teeroy(m): 9:03am On Jul 12, 2006
The truth is that much was rightly expected from ronaldinho. You cant go into the Wc as the world's best and not expect pressure. The WC was his big chance to join the legendary names but he did not take his chance. I do not need to over-emphasize that the WC is the most important tournament in the world.
If u shine in the champs leagoue, u may be remembered for a decade but if u do so at the WC, your name and images of you will be remembered for eternity. Ronaldo never really made any impact in the champs league throughout his career but the memories of him in all his World Cup glory will overshadow even the most superb performances by any player in the champs league and the domestic leagues in Europe.
However, ronaldinho still has a last chance in 2010 but he'll be 30 and not everyone can rock in old age. At least we all know that by now.
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by GUNNER(f): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2006
Brazil star Ronaldinho has apologised for his lacklustre performances at the World Cup finals. cool

The World Footballer of the Year was among the tournament's biggest disappointments after being tipped to take the competition by storm.

He failed to take any game by the scruff of the neck and only briefly demonstrated his class in the 4-1 group success over Japan.

Ronaldinho also delivered a tame performance as Brazil relinquished their World Cup title with a quarter final defeat to France.

The Barcelona ace has expressed his dismay at failing to fulfil the high expectations for him in Germany.

But the 26-year-old is determined to reclaim Brazil's world crown when the tournament heads to South Africa in four years' time.

"Many people were waiting for a brilliant performance from Brazil and myself and that didn't happen," said Ronaldinho.

"I am very sorry that we left the competition without showing our quality and what we are capable of doing.

"Nothing that I can say now will change what happened and even less the feeling of the people. wink

"That's why the only thing that I have to say is I am sorry. sad

"We couldn't win the World Cup this time, but with the support of everyone we will correct the mistakes that we had and we will be stronger in 2010." undecided
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by teeroy(m): 9:28am On Jul 12, 2006
Rightly said!!!
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Priscila(f): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2006
I hear its very very difficult for any south american team to win on a european soil.
So I dont blame brazil and Argentina I blame the ground of tactical importance which -germany.
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by mukina2: 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2006
GUNNER:

Brazil star Ronaldinho has apologised for his lacklustre performances at the World Cup finals. cool

The World Footballer of the Year was among the tournament's biggest disappointments after being tipped to take the competition by storm.

He failed to take any game by the scruff of the neck and only briefly demonstrated his class in the 4-1 group success over Japan.

Ronaldinho also delivered a tame performance as Brazil relinquished their World Cup title with a quarter final defeat to France.

The Barcelona ace has expressed his dismay at failing to fulfil the high expectations for him in Germany.

But the 26-year-old is determined to reclaim Brazil's world crown when the tournament heads to South Africa in four years' time.

"Many people were waiting for a brilliant performance from Brazil and myself and that didn't happen," said Ronaldinho.

"I am very sorry that we left the competition without showing our quality and what we are capable of doing.

"Nothing that I can say now will change what happened and even less the feeling of the people. wink

"That's why the only thing that I have to say is I am sorry. sad

"We couldn't win the World Cup this time, but with the support of everyone we will correct the mistakes that we had and we will be stronger in 2010." undecided

someone pls tell him that 2010 that trophy will stay in Africa : angry
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Raymand(m): 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2006
YEAAAAAH! grin i think ronaldinho is just an over glorified rookie! he sucked at the biggest stage of them all! tongue
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2006
Ronaldinho is still the best footballer in the world no doubt about it
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by amodu(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2006
i am very sure that he is still going to shine>
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by diddy4(m): 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2006
eerone has his da to shine. it wasnt his day but i knoe he gon come back on top.
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Fimmy(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2006
Raymand:

YEAAAAAH! grin i think ronaldinho is just an over glorified rookie! he sucked at the biggest stage of them all! tongue
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Grizzly(m): 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2006
MAn wel all suck once in a while, Happened to Ronaldo,
happened to henry,
happens to everybody, cool
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by kitaun(m): 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2006
Grizzly:

MAn wel all suck once in a while, Happened to Ronaldo,
happened to henry,
happens to everybody, cool

who says henry had a bad world cup,stop that kind of talk o !!!
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by mukina2: 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2006
grizz go and wash henry's name out of ur mouth tongue tongue tongue
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Grizzly(m): 6:49pm On Jul 14, 2006
@kitaun,
i was reffering to the korea/japan world cup. cool

@mukina,
tongue
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by mukina2: 6:51pm On Jul 14, 2006
okooo i'll sue you now has any one seen chris tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by kitaun(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2006
grizz abi na grease,
                              get thee behind henry AMEN

and so even then was he fit for the competition ?
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Bigtee(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2006
Ronaldinho Just had a bad world cup. He's still a every skillful player. The loss of form started since the quater-final of the champions league. He must have been fatigued.
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Dinosky(m): 5:41pm On Jul 15, 2006
Hey my Hommies out there i am not surprised that Brazilian fans could do such a thing. Anyway what do you expect Ronaldinho to play in a match Zidane, Viera and Thuram where all inform and fit. He is a great player with skills and all that but lacks form as to decide a match. At club levels he plays well because of team work and quality players that equally decides an out come of any match played.

They should leave the Guy alone, afterall world cup is not for the boys.Brazilians should have blamed Zidane for being in top form for that match. They lost to a better side, not that they didn't play well. Ronaldinho carried the country on his shoulder because of the award giving to him. It took Ronaldo time to become a figure in Brazilan Squad.
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by sage(m): 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2006
Did i hear somebody call the best deep lying playmaker in Serie A, Andrea Pirlo, an Underdog name? Too much premiership is disturbing some people.

I guess it is the same set of people that will say that Lampard is better than Pirlo if they were asked a year ago.
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by yankidelta(m): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2006
Dey can burn down their country 4 all I care.d question is whether d world cup is Brazil's birth right?And also do they think other nations dont train hard physically,mentally n otherwise b4 every world cup?D only one I feel 4 is Ronaldinho himself but as 4 d fans they can go n sleep in ma backyard!
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by Rhodalyn(f): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2006
that guy has a Really Sexy body, he kinda took Off his Shirt after the match and i was damn!! that IS Some hot Stuff lol grin
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by uzomaeze(m): 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2006
grizzly your logo hurts you were lucky i wasn't a MAN U fan you'll be sorry for your ASS as for you guys statue or no statue rolandinho will forever be on of the world's best
lets just say the Brazillians were sick of something , by the way the CUP na their birth right
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by kellorah: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2006
shame
Re: Statue Of Ronaldinho Burnt! by teeroy(m): 9:55am On Jul 21, 2006
Only the great legends are forgiven easily. This shows that ronaldinho is not there yet. See how easily Zidane was forgiven for a headbutt

(1) (Reply)

La Liga: Who wins the SPanish League this season (2006/07) / Everton Fc Fan Zone! ! / Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.