Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

To The Moderator (A_K_O): Give Me A Valid Reason For Deleting My Post Unfairly - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / To The Moderator (A_K_O): Give Me A Valid Reason For Deleting My Post Unfairly (909 Views)

For Deleting And Closing My Thread On Islam Why Not Ban The Farking Quaran Since / To: His Excellency Jarus The Moderator; Leave Me The Hell Alone! / Should The Moderator(s) Organize A Meeting Place For We Users Once In A Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Moderator (A_K_O): Give Me A Valid Reason For Deleting My Post Unfairly by ZinoBen: 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2008
What was wrong with my post (Why did god kill little children) that you had to delete it? Even if you alleged that i said something offensive, didnt i back the story or title with conclusive proof to justify my claims?

How does this nairaland religious forum work? What you like you leave and what you dislike you delete and ban? Is this the philosophy of this forum or what? Being an athiest, i get bashed daily by theists on this forum and rude comments but so what! That's life live with it and no one protects us, but when an athiest posts something that supposedly offends a christian sect, then all hell is loose and the moderator becomes ban trigger happy.

Just make it point blank that as long as we are posting something that is against the christian members of this forum and it doesnt augur well with you in your own opinion then you can wield your powers arbitrarily. If you can own up to that, then no problem and we all refrain from something anything remotely negative against the bible or whatsoever and just siddon look.

Maybe one day athiests will have their own moderator and the issues will be balanced. Also maybe your going to ban me for speaking my mind or is that against the rules too to question the moderator when a member feels aggrieved without any concrete explanation? undecided
Re: To The Moderator (A_K_O): Give Me A Valid Reason For Deleting My Post Unfairly by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2008
Zino Ben:

What was wrong with my post (Why did god kill little children) that you had to delete it? Even if you alleged that i said something offensive, didnt i back the story or title with conclusive proof to justify my claims?

How does this nairaland religious forum work? What you like you leave and what you dislike you delete and ban? Is this the philosophy of this forum or what? Being an athiest, i get bashed daily by theists on this forum and rude comments but so what! That's life live with it and no one protects us, but when an athiest posts something that supposedly offends a christian sect, then all hell is loose and the moderator becomes ban trigger happy.

Just make it point blank that as long as we are posting something that is against the christian members of this forum and it doesnt augur well with you in your own opinion then you can wield your powers arbitrarily. If you can own up to that, then no problem and we all refrain from something anything remotely negative against the bible or whatsoever and just siddon look.

Maybe one day athiests will have their own moderator and the issues will be balanced. Also maybe your going to ban me for speaking my mind or is that against the rules too to question the moderator when a member feels aggrieved without any concrete explanation? undecided

that is a flat out lie. Just ask Huxley, he's had free reign here to insult us till next week for the last one yr and no one has died because of it. Get over your self . . . why don't you phrase your thread as - why does allah kill children . . .

Lets see how long your username will last. If your thread was removed at all my speculation is that it is either a duplicate of an existing thread or it is more than obvious it is NOT an opportunity to genuinely seek answers but a deliberate attempt to slur the christian God.

About your lie that athiests are being bashed - i ask by who? Is your thread in itself not an attempt to bash christians?

@ moderator, i say let them have their thread back. A man that will hang himself do not take away his only rope.

bTW your post is in the recycle bin. I just checked.
Re: To The Moderator (A_K_O): Give Me A Valid Reason For Deleting My Post Unfairly by AKO1(m): 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2008
Firstly, this thread is here because all threads about the forum and moderators come here.
Secondly, only the admin can ban.
I can't remember the detalis of your post but do remember why I deleted it. I deleted it because it is an offensive post; offensive to a lot of christians apart from me. Because from a christian point of view, ordinary common sense tells us that God does not delight in killing children. In fact, God is not the author of anything evil. He allows evil to happen but He does not author it. The reasons why He does are beyond us and there is really no need to try and disect them one by one.

I don't know if should bring this up but I will. A few months ago some members of the forum unknown to me sent serious threats to the admin because they felt their Great Religion was insulted by other christian members of the forum. Naturally like most of us will, the Admin did his best to protect their interest. Later on christians complained about the imbalance and clamoured for a christian admin. And thats where I step in; to try as much as possible to protect the interest of christians and to ensure that the rules of the forum are obeyed. What I do may not gore everybody's ox but I gotta do what I gotta do. If you ever have any problem with anybody's post please report it!! And that goes for everybody because I cant read every single post in detail; I dont think any mod does.
That's my explanation/summation to you and for future reference as long as this post isnt deleted. I will not explain to anyone again. Thanks.
Re: To The Moderator (A_K_O): Give Me A Valid Reason For Deleting My Post Unfairly by gailnaba(f): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2008
and that is how the cookie crumbles wink
Re: To The Moderator (A_K_O): Give Me A Valid Reason For Deleting My Post Unfairly by chessguru(m): 8:09am On Nov 06, 2008
@ZINO BEN

to say the least your post was offensive but then i had this to reply, even in the recycle bin

[b]@post
   take it or leave it, " it is his(God's) world, he is free to do whatever pleases him, if he is "wrong" then that makes the definition of "wrong"in that context right, he will show mercy on whom he will show mercy, let his will be done, unless of course if he did not create the universe, but as long as i believe he did, he makes the rules, and everything and anything GOD does is right,
    by the way  in wrath a prophet can misuse/ use  his authority, especially in the old testament. also there are things about the bible accounts that people may not understand, it did not fall from heaven, people had to put it into witting, the most important is the quickening of the written word, by God in the present, you can't quite understand the jurisprudence of the living oracle simply by relying on written account as it is on paper you have to get close to God for a better understanding-whatever he does is always right.  NO MATTER THE CONTEXT!!how ever the opposite was the case in the new testament where God through  lord Jesus expressed his love for children!!there are therefore some questions to be left unasked so one can just seek his kingdom.

[/b]

@A K O
what a pity?? that thread was not deleted, it is right there in the recycle bin, ZINO's post was logicaly sound and okay on the right premises but[b] FAULTY CONCLUSION![/b]! i was the only person that gave a reply to that post and that my reply i have posted here again, as per the threats to your admin and all that, that is bound to happen anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Uplifting Holiday Message / People Going To Clubs This Weekend / Synagogue Church Visit The Haiti Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.