Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,532 members, 7,801,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted (12646 Views)

Uniben Post Ume 2012/2013 admission list hints / 2012/2013 Uniben Admission Hints! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2005
I will be resuming in this school (Bowen University) in a month's time. I am interested in hearing any hints and tales about the school. I would also like to meet any Nairaland Member who is schooling there. Holla.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by WesleyanA(f): 4:45am On Sep 13, 2005
i though you said "brown university" for a sec.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by DEKING3(m): 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2005
Where is that situated?
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by hotangel2(f): 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2005
There's no bowen university. It's "brown university".
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Seun(m): 11:32pm On Sep 13, 2005
Iwo in Nigeria of course.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by hotangel2(f): 4:55am On Sep 14, 2005
That's a uniiversity in NIgeria?
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by WesleyanA(f): 9:50pm On Sep 14, 2005
yes i guess.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2005
The school is alright. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. I've been there since 2002 and will be finishing next year June.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2005
uchetobi:

The school is alright. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. I've been there since 2002 and will be finishing next year June.

thanks but when you use the word alright, you scare me. Heard they are planning to move to a new site (don't know how far thats true?). anyway tell me more, what's your current class size(your own class). someone told me a fable about internet access in hostels (i must confess that was a major reason why i chose the school. grin)
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by uchetobi(f): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2005
It's what you called it - a fable. There is no Internet access in the hostel. You'll have to go to the cyber-cafe. Yes it's true there is a permanent site.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2006
have spent a semester and i must say it is hard tto describe. do you have to talk about the irritatiing wake up calls at 6 am or the way porters are given so much power. talkless the way BSF (Baptist Students Fellowship) lord it over everyone. the academic standard is high but i wud not recommend it tio any fun-loving person
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Layemi(f): 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2006
I am so happy about the way the you responded about your exprience in bowen uni. i feel the school social life is dead.the schl. authority shld change the idea about the BSF.it sounds so digusting.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by Deepop(f): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2006
Haven been in Bowen Uni,for the past 6months,i have observed that its not really a social schl,as in, But fine,if you want to catch your fun,u can,bowen is not that strict!!! cool
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by sureboy(m): 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2006
must tell you been in the skool like 4eva now the only thing u get to the fullest is holiness which is kinda hypocritic if u get d drift
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by nuggard(m): 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2006
Hey Bowenites I wuld love to send some stuff over to a friend there but na,I dont know if there is a restriction like "u cant get stuff from guys" if you are a girl and does any of the courier companys frequent that side?
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2006
sureboy:

must tell you been in the school like 4eva now the only thing u get to the fullest is holiness which is kind of hypocritic if u get d drift
hey, u're misconceptin thins.
its my third year in the school and i dont see any wat u talkin about.
its left on yur shoulders, if u want to b holy for real or not, as per the BSF, the rulership has just changed and lets see wat bcomes of the new 1, but i'm telling it'll be what you'll love what God'll use them for.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by dee4dammie: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2006
If u want to send a gif to ur girl, ur r free 2. Bowen isn't that bad, bin there for 4 yrs. I have friends who get packages 4rm abroad. As long as u use a gd courier service ur package will be fine.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by neyonx02(m): 12:25pm On May 04, 2006
just got this site from a friend of mine who is also from Bowen. It's kool if you can play by the rules and you must be very smart. i know i am. i'v lasted like 3 years now with out cause. hope you concider beoing there. grin
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by nuggard(m): 12:19pm On May 05, 2006
dee4dammie thanks a lot>
kiss<
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 7:00pm On May 07, 2006
Well, its not as if i am bashing the school. of course I know that people still PULL their runs. It definitely going to get hotter.

Saw the prospective students having exams. my my , have you seen shorter skirts and tighter trousers in your life?

will like to chat with all you guys on IM. hope to catch you online sometime (preferably while you are at the new cybercafe). grin
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by damond2003: 4:57pm On May 12, 2006
[color=#000099][/color] shocked well i think bowen university is the best place to be it helps with good moral upbringing and for those that do not love the place why dont they pack their bags and leave us alone. to the outside world i want you all to understand tha in every community their would always be the bad eggs. for those that say the school is bleeped the are the bad eggs
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by damond2003: 5:20pm On May 12, 2006
[flash=200,200][/flash] coolwell i believe bowen is still the best university in nigeria if u want to get to me you caqn call me on 08054574704
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by damond2003: 10:54am On May 16, 2006
angrykodewrita since u know alot bout bowen can i get to meet u i guess u are also at the new cafe this is my no if u want to get to me 08054574704 my name is tomiwa i would really like to meet you
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2006
@damondback2003 if thou sayest so then it is.

I pray you are not sent home on a flimsy reason like not closing your eyes in chapel but if it happens rest assured that you will change your mind in a flash or if you are sent for intensive biblical coaching at the camp in Oyo for a whole semester then you might think differently. the important thing in bowen is to steer clear of the authorities as much as possible and always remember you are on your own. any attempt to join in group action might lead to a very fast exit courtesy of the Security outfit.

Agreed, academics is their strong point (unlike convenant, you don't see ten to eleven people with 5.0cgpa, its not as if there are no good people its just the rigor of the courses.) but they still haven't find the right formula for inculcating christian behaviour without stifling freedoms.

I might call you one of this days, you never know you might be in my dept.

In conclusion, whether you like it or not, there are so many flaws in bowen and its because this people are confusing religion with their own parochial thinking. Just make sure you get good grades that justify the amount being spent on you and enjoy all the aspects of life in Bowen in a safe way.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2006
let me guess, tomiwa you are in 100 level and you have been a class rep before.
am i right?
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by dafizee: 1:10pm On May 16, 2006
You really can't force anyone to God, what you can try as much as possible to do is encourage that person. What the pivate schs. are doing is not right in every way but in some. I hear in covenant uni. u ain't allowed to use cell phones, in Madonna uni, you can't come close to hugging a female friend, old relatives etc, in Babcock u can't eat meat on campus; etc Well, all these are bullshit embarassed
To me i believe they ain't doing enough, they should try as much as possible to increase the standard of university education in nigeria to that of other african countries like in south africa and Egypt, with the amount of money they collect as sch fees.

This is my own opinion of the worst private schs. own by churches in decreasing other according to there stupid rules.

1. Covenant university (for the fact that u can't use a cell phone on campus) this na primary sch.

2. Madonna university ( the relationship between the opposite sex(whether academics of pleasure) is as high as 0.001%; aside other stinky rules.)

3. Bowen university (u tell me)

4. Babcock ( I think nobody has the right to tell u what to eat and what not to eat. the fact that u are a vegeterian does not give u the F**king right to enforce it; apart from this, i think the sch. has the least golden rules)

others like redemmer's, crawford etc, yet to be ranked
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 11:38am On May 17, 2006
dafizee:

You really can't force anyone to God, what you can try as much as possible to do is encourage that person. What the pivate schs. are doing is not right in every way but in some. I hear in covenant uni. u ain't allowed to use cell phones, in Madonna uni, you can't come close to hugging a female friend, old relatives etc, in Babcock u can't eat meat on campus; etc Well, all these are bullshit embarassed
To me i believe they ain't doing enough, they should try as much as possible to increase the standard of university education in nigeria to that of other african countries like in south africa and Egypt, with the amount of money they collect as sch fees.

This is my own opinion of the worst private schs. own by churches in decreasing other according to there stupid rules.

1. Covenant university (for the fact that u can't use a cell phone on campus) this na primary sch.

2. Madonna university ( the relationship between the opposite sex(whether academics of pleasure) is as high as 0.001%; aside other stinky rules.)

3. Bowen university (u tell me)

4. Babcock ( I think nobody has the right to tell u what to eat and what not to eat. the fact that u are a vegeterian does not give u the F**king right to enforce it; apart from this, i think the sch. has the least golden rules)

others like redemmer's, crawford etc, yet to be ranked
i think i've said this b4 and am gonna say it again
it all boils down to the fact that -
"IF U DONT LIKE IT, THEN GO AWAY!!!"

no hard feeling bro,
its just dat u can go and practice the "anti-private uni rules" in some other universities of your choice.

cheers.
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by jany(f): 12:28pm On May 17, 2006
u guys should take it easy. bowen university is a place u can learn if  want to and a place you can leave if u want to i bliv anybody old enof to be admited is old enof to make a choice its not a do or die affair
shocked
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by otolorin(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2006
jany:

u guys should take it easy. bowen university is a place u can learn if want to and a place you can leave if u want to i bliv anybody old enof to be admited is old enof to make a choice its not a do or die affair
shocked
thanks o
its all i'v been trying to say!
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by dafizee: 2:39pm On May 18, 2006
I'm not criticizing the sch., I have a friend there. the sch. is cool, what I’m trying to say in general terms is that the private schools in general should do something about there rules and regulation. The last time my friend went to sch, he was to go and shave his beards before he would be allowed entrance to the sch. how about that!!!!!
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by kodewrita(m): 3:35pm On May 18, 2006
whatever you all say about bowen is your own opinion. the fact that bowen is bleeped is not going to make me leave it. the only thing that cud make me leave is when they hand me that gold-framed(lets hope they can afford that) piece of paper saying I am a graduate.

they have lots of rules and regulations that are plainly not sensible and there are some you would be able to reason with if viewed against the backdrop of their responsibility to the baptist convention and the need to maintain security on campus. But rules are meant to make peaceful life worth living not to make your life even harder.
Anyway till next week, i won't have anything to say (by which time i will have been dulled by a whole week of revival activities under the sun after full days of classes and tests).

I started this topic so we could chat and gist not so that supporters, enemies and people who just dislike the BSF and other bowen structures can bash at each other.

smileyIf you make me angry enough I will start a post/site on dating in Bowen.  ;Dtee hee hee
Re: Bowen University, Iwo Hints & Tales Wanted by mbalogun: 2:06pm On May 22, 2006
every comment on this page is alright. you guys view the school from your own points of view. i actually thing foe everyone, if you'r 16 years old or 26 years old, all that matters is that you try and wise up with maturity. they (bowen) don't care for age nor do they care for statius. once you'r done, u'r out. or maybe u'd be luck and be sent to the bible school.

i'v spent my time there, and THANK GOD it's commin to an end. it ain't easy @ all!

my advice to anyone wishing to go there is : BE SMART!

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opinion Poll: Has ASUU Strike Yielded Any Positive Result? / What Was Your Best Subject Topic During Your Secondary School Days? / How To Purchase 2018 JAMB PIN On Remita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.