Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm (5283 Views)

Poll: What will be the outcome of this clash?

Manchester United: 28% (4 votes)
Chelsea: 57% (8 votes)
Draw: 14% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 22nd November 2014 / Arsenal (1) Vs Liverpool (1) Sunday 21st December / Chelsea (1) Vs West Ham United (1) Sunday 14th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by debosky(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2008
Hi all,

The second of the 'big four' clashes of the season is upon us - who will win?

An efficient and on-form Chelsea under the revitalised Scolari or the stuttering and seemingly off-form Manchester United with Ronaldo back in the groove?

This is the 'official' nairaland thread for this game - commentary and match information and viewing times will be posted here.

Comments and discussions are welcome.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by debosky(m): 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2008
Big Match Facts

Chelsea get a first opportunity to avenge their defeat to Manchester United in the Champions League final. Victory would see them open up a nine point advantage over the domestic and European champions in the Premier League table.

Both clubs had differing fortunes in Europe in midweek; Chelsea equalled their record home win in the Champions League with a 4-0 eclipse of Bordeaux, while a much changed United were held to a goalless draw by Villarreal at Old Trafford in their opening group match.

This is Manchester United's second successive 'Big Four' match-up in the Premier League, after last Saturday's 2-1 away loss to Liverpool. They are in danger of suffering successive league defeats for the first time in 122 outings.

Luiz Felipe Scolari has made a most impressive start as manager of Chelsea with four wins and one draw from five matches in all competitions; defeat for United here will equal the Red Devils' worst ever start to a Premier League season.

United have been beaten more times by Chelsea in the Premier League than by any other club (10) and have dropped more points to them than any other team (56).

The Red Devils were the last club to beat Chelsea in a Premier League game by more than a single goal (23 September 2007); Chelsea were the last club to beat United by more than a single goal (29 April 2006).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7613923.stm
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Hannibal: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2008
A score draw is written all over this match but i expect Man Utd to win.
Cheese n Rice. . . . .We have everyone FIT but Carrick(ankle) and Vidic(suspension).
Johnny Evans should partner Ferdinand in the back four with Evra and Brown retaining their positions.
We need Hargreaves in the midfield to destroy Lampard n Mikel. . .and Fergie should keep Tevez on the bench till the 2nd half.
Berbatov needs games(he must start).
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by nazzyon(m): 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2008
I very much doubt Fergie benching Tevez for Berbatov.

But Tevez knows how to rescue United whenever he come into a match as a sub.

One thing I am damn sure about, is that Fergie will have selection problem tomorrow.

I pray we win.

Anything aside from winning that match tomorrow will never satisfy me.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by debosky(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2008
I don't think playing Evans would be wise, this game is too high profile for that - the experience of Gary will be better with Wes moving central

The most important missing player is Vidic, Drogba and co's physicality may be very difficult for the MU defence to hold without Vidic the bruiser.

Chelski are beginning to cope without Essien, but with Ballack returning, there might be a dilemma as to who to remove - Malouda or Joe Cole? I think Obi will start because that defensive midfield role needs to be filled.

This has a Chelski victory written all over it, unless the presence of Ronaldo makes Scolari go all conservative for this game.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by nazzyon(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2008
Scolari will go for the high flying Cole.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Cristalz(f): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2008
@poster/topic  

We've discussed and analysed this game on both United and Chelsea threads.  .  .  .  .what's with this? Taking over from folahann?  undecided

Re-analysing the exact same thing here ain't appealing at all o  grin

And,''voting closes''?? Is there a prize or something? tongue grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by cabali(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2008
the game's so hot that it's got 3 threads live on it. well I stick with my team's local thread!

and of course chelsea will win. i analyzed that already!
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by debosky(m): 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ Criz

my apologies cheesy

This thread was supposed to be up earlier, just trying to co-ordinate things better. Besides, this will be an 'impartial' thread since I am neither a Chelski or Man Utd supporter wink

Voting has to close at some point, or do you want voting to continue after the game ends? grin grin grin

Oh I forgot, there is a prize. . . . the correct prediction gets to go an a date with Crizza cheesy
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by slimghost(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2008
i think SAF shuld use tis formation
                            \
                                                         V D S

RAFAEL                                   RIO                               BROWN                                        EVRA

HARGO

RONALDO                                              SCHOLES                                                     ANDERSON                        
                                                                                 TEVEZ
                                                                BERBATOV
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Cristalz(f): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2008
@debozza

Thread was supposed to be up earlier huh? Guess you are indeed taking over from folahann  embarassed

People are not dumb,they know the voting will end.Duh?? Unless you put the ''voting closes'' part for your fellow gaynners  wink  grin

Prize is a date with moi?  Now i see where your thoughts have been all day cheesy

Oh,and you not being a United or Chelsea supporter in no way qualifies you for this ''job'' cos you're a notorious United hater.Meaning, you're an indirect Chelsea supporter. A lil honesty is a good thang dearie
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by debosky(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ Crizza

nah, I'm not taking over anything, just doing a favour wink

The voting ends part is mostly for the 'up chelsea' and 'man u for life' posters who will show up here inevitably tomorrow. Just to keep things sane thats all. I know my gooners are too busy celebrating tonight's win to come and vote for now wink

My mind has been in one place all day, and you know where wink how was your day sweetie?

I heard Fergie may play his 'awesome foursome' (seems to have been infected with Hanni's nonsense undecided) against Chelski, but I think that would be too dangerous; all that attacking force will mean the midfield will be light defense wise, giving Chelski the chance to overrun them completely.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Cristalz(f): 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2008
@debozza

Smooth. . .replying me,then switching the convo back to match analysis. . .i'll humor you,tho i still don't see the point in re-typing the same things i've typed on my club thread,and the things i will type on my club thread,in here tongue grin

Whether the MF will be weak or not depends on the formation. If we're going 4-4-2, MF won't have any problems. And if Fergie is playing all 4 tomorrow,i doubt hez gon' put 'em all on the pitch at once. There'll be tactical subs.

my day was verrry interesting ''sweetie'',thx. *rolling my eyes*
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by debosky(m): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2008
Well personally, I can't make up my mind which would be the most beneficial from an Arsenal point of view - breaking Chelski's undefeated home run, Man Utd losing two consecutive league games and going 9 points behind, or draw keeping us top of the table. undecided

Only if I could have all three at the same time, but that would be greedy wouldn't it? grin grin grin

Well I for one would like to see how Ronaldo plays, 42 games in a season is a pretty tough act to follow for anyone.

sorry about the 'sweetie' would darling be more appropriate?

No need repeating any convo/discussions here really, its geared more to be the 'host point' during the game tomorrow, anyone who wants to give live commentary during the game should feel free to put it on this thread wink
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Cristalz(f): 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2008
The first would be most beneficial from an Arse's point of view.  .  .breaking their undefeated home run grin

why are you always so reasonable? its quite exasperating.  .  .  .  .fine then,long live your thread cheesy

wasn't rolling my eyes at the endearment term.  .  .twaz for a different reason
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by cabali(m): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2008
Sunderland has a better chance breaking the home run at stamford than Man U would ever imagine. They are not the ones that can do it so forget a loss by chelsea; forget it very well!!
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by chamotex(m): 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2008
I think this would be the ideal formation:

VDS

NEVILLE BROWN RIO EVRA

HARGO SCHOLES ANDERSON

RONALDO ROONEY

BERBATOV
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by eleshin(m): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2008
i've neva been so confident in my whole life,united will beat chelski with an unexpected scoreline.what i will be expecting tomorrow is how many pple will will quote my reply 2moro. manu 4---chelski 1.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by nazzyon(m): 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2008
eleshin:

i've never been so confident in my whole life,united will beat chelski with an unexpected scoreline.what i will be expecting tomorrow is how many people will will quote my reply 2moro. manu 4---chelski 1.

Boy o Boy! Have you read an early edition of yesterday's paper?
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by A40(m): 2:26am On Sep 21, 2008
This match has draw written all over it and it would be the perfect result for us Gunners.
Utd really need to work on that midfield though Scholes must not start Hargreaves and Anderson/Park will be a better option
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by cabali(m): 3:25am On Sep 21, 2008
Even if it is a draw and the gunners top d table we all know it wont be long; at d right time they will take their usual 4th position so, arsenal is so not d issue this weekend no matter what d 2 top boys play.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Pataki: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2008
This game does not need a witch doctor to know that it will end in a draw. Chelsea have NO LOST at Stamford Bridge since 2005.

ManU are not in the position to topple over that feat. tongue

Leave it for GUNNERS to handle.
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by kaypumpin2(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2008
the team to stp the winnin streak in stamford is the team that won last @ the stamford.Not Man U .The game will defo end in a draw
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Hannibal: 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2008
Chelsea has named an unchanged side.

Bosingwa Carvalho Terry Ashley Cole

Mikel Lampard Deco

Joe Cole Anelka Malouda.

Drogba, Belletti, Kalou, Bridge and Alex on the bench!!!!!

These managers are crazy(Tevez/Ronaldo on the bench for Man Utd----Drogba/Kalou on the bench for Chelski).
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by A40(m): 1:29pm On Sep 21, 2008
@cabali
Dont count on it!! tongue

Drogba and Ronaldo are not fully fit there's no use starting them its still a long hard season ahead
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Pataki: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2008
Ji Sung does it for ManU at the 18th min sad sad sad
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by mukina2: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2008
Cristalzaa grin

my wish is coming true grin

vander sar injured!!! grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Pataki: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2008
van der Saar out grin cheesy grin
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Pataki: 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2008
Paul Scholes booked. ManU are getting frustrated easily. cheesy
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by debosky(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2008
Anyone seeking to watch the game online can watch here: http://viafoot.we.bs/psn.html
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by Pataki: 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2008
debosky:

Anyone seeking to watch the game online can watch here: http://viafoot.we.bs/psn.html
This is much more better: http://atdhe.net/live-tv-320.html tongue
Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester United: 1-1 Sunday 21 September 2:00pm by debosky(m): 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2008
The more the merrier mate wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Reading (1 - 0) on 16th March 2013 / Everton V Man Utd [3 - 1] On Saturday 20th February / Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.