Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate (12014 Views)

Hilda Ibifuro-Harrison Is Ondo's Police Commissioner (photos) / Lagos Transportation Commissioner Mr Opeifa Marks 50th Birthday With Danfo Cake / Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by Bay1970(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2008
(1). Mr. Akpoyibo is NOT and was never a member of the National
Association of Seadogs a.k.a (Pyrates Confraternity).However our records
show that he tried as an undergraduate student of the University of Benin
to join our organization. He was however unsuccessful. It is listed as
public records that the born again Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo was indeed one of the Nine Founding Fathers of the of Africa otherwise known as on campuses.

(2). We are NOT a secret cult and have never been one. We are NOT an occult group, either. As a matter of fact any person who is into occultist practices has absolutely no place among us. We do not give powers or spiritual protection as we have no shrine; we are not a spiritual outfit and we are neither a church nor affiliated to any religious or spiritual outfit.

(3). At no time therefore has NAS in its principles and practices (since 1952) come anywhere near occultism, blood-letting or such other anti-social practices (which by the way diminish rather than purify the human person).

(4). The constituency of NAS is not restricted to Nigeria but the entire community of man. That explains why we have over the years poured our energies into programs and projects meant to alleviate the sufferings of humanity within and outside Nigeria. These efforts include our SAVE DARFUR project (run in collaboration with several international organizations); observance of electoral processes across the world; including Nigeria; full participation in the establishment and initial operation of the Federal Road Safety Scheme; active and wide ranging activities in the cause of destitutes and motherless babies, etc.

(5). It is quite significant that NAS is very well-received worldwide, with over 30 chapters in and outside Nigeria. In addition, this same NAS has an international charity outfit -National Association of Seadogs International Charity (NASIC) which exists and operates like the Red Cross society.

Finally, lecturing on “The role of the Media in combating Campus Cultism” Eddie Iroh had the following to say about the Pyrates Confraternity (when it existed on Campus).

“Those who know will confirm that the Pirates (sic) … were more or less a sorority like you would find in any American Campus…. They demanded a voice in all matters that affected students and were not afraid to make their voices heard. But quite significantly, the Pirates (sic) did not operate in secrecy, members were openly known, although they were an exclusive band of brothers…”
“In my research, I found no evidence or record of them committing murder or arson.”
“Indeed the Pirate Night was only next to Havana Night in form and festivities”
(The Guardian, Wednesday, September 10 2008, page 14)
Yet Eddie Iroh is not a Pyrate. We rest our case.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by Bigeye101: 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2008
Whoever you are, please do not bring issues that relates to confraternities into this intranet. I will want to let you know that issues that has to do with pyrates or their cohorts is none of our business. The pyrates or any of the other cults are all same and none should try to in anyway distiguish themselves by making too much noise!!!

We all know the roots of all campus fraternities and until date we all know how each and every operate, everyone is awaiting a suitable date for its revelation if need be. I do not beleive the present day Nigeria problem is connected with the campus fraternities, there are other several ills that we need to deal with and not pyrate's issues neither how the Bucaneers realised that pyrates were going the wrong way and had to break out with the help of those three gentlemen Bolaji Carew n Co. Can u remeber prof Awe? who was one of the founders of NAS, who today is a born again christian, If you can , ask him if pyrate was in anyway a cult or a fetish organisation which needs salvation till date, Do not deceive us, otherwise I will see you as a political party who is capable of deceivings its citizens, PDP N Co.

They still have records on how pyrates and their cohorts then were getting involved in fetish acts. please sir, do not let me bring about the past,

I pray someday everyman including the Cap'n Blood(Wole Soyinka) will be bold enough to own up and apologise to Nigerians instead of acting like a coward not to take the blame. I do not intend to insult any group or individual I am just being truthful!!! I stand to be corrected if the need arises.

Nigeria still stand a chance and with the help of a new generation Africans who knows what a brothers' welfare entails we shall all attain FREEDOM, as the Kenyans will say "UHURU"', God bless Nigeria

S. Oladapo.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by ifyalways(f): 12:47am On Sep 23, 2008
hmmmmmmn undecided
where my keske dey abeg ?
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2008
Bigeye101:

Whoever you are, please do not bring issues that relates to confraternities into this intranet. I will want to let you know that issues that has to do with pyrates or their cohorts is none of our business. The pyrates or any of the other cults are all same and none should try to in anyway distiguish themselves by making too much noise!!!

We all know the roots of all campus fraternities and until date we all know how each and every operate, everyone is awaiting a suitable date for its revelation if need be. I do not beleive the present day Nigeria problem is connected with the campus fraternities, there are other several ills that we need to deal with and not pyrate's issues neither how the Bucaneers realised that pyrates were going the wrong way and had to break out with the help of those three gentlemen Bolaji Carew n Co. Can u remeber prof Awe? who was one of the founders of NAS, who today is a born again christian, If you can , ask him if pyrate was in anyway a cult or a fetish organisation which needs salvation till date, Do not deceive us, otherwise I will see you as a political party who is capable of deceivings its citizens, PDP N Co.

They still have records on how pyrates and their cohorts then were getting involved in fetish acts. please sir, do not let me bring about the past,

I pray someday everyman including the Cap'n Blood(Wole Soyinka) will be bold enough to own up and apologise to Nigerians instead of acting like a coward not to take the blame. I do not intend to insult any group or individual I am just being truthful!!! I stand to be corrected if the need arises.

Nigeria still stand a chance and with the help of a new generation Africans who knows what a brothers' welfare entails we shall all attain FREEDOM, as the Kenyans will say "UHURU"', God bless Nigeria

S. Oladapo.

Are you afraid because you are saying the truth?
Look, every Nigerian must have known by now that all these secret cult are evil, no matter how some might try to paint their own cult.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by carnal: 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
ahoy
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2010
awu!!!! brekete !!!!!!!
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by Abagworo(m): 11:11pm On Jan 26, 2010
to jokes please
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by abadaba(m): 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2010
No, this is the best post in January. It is very good to let people understand that the Pyrate Confraternity is not a secret cult, has never been one and will not be one. Till this day, it is still a registerd organisation.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by Abagworo(m): 11:47pm On Jan 26, 2010
i started hearing these lies from school.i beg of you cultists to desist from this praise singing and renounce,condemn cultism.pyrates is a secret cult and the father of all cults.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by mamagee3(f): 11:54pm On Jan 26, 2010
Who in the world is that? undecided
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by abadaba(m): 12:16am On Jan 27, 2010
Abagworo:

i started hearing these lies from school.i beg of you cultists to desist from this praise singing and renounce,condemn cultism.pyrates is a secret cult and the father of all cults.
Abagworo
Surely, you do not understand. Nairaland apart, how can I reach you directly, this is very important.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by Abagworo(m): 12:33am On Jan 27, 2010
abadaba:

Abagworo
Surely, you do not understand. Nairaland apart, how can I reach you directly, this is very important.

i understand where you are coming from but try to understand that this forum is not healthy for this kind of discussion.many people on nairaland are but the thread needs to be moved to joke.nairaland has so much suffered from tribalism.dont you think that by the time the buccaneers,vikings,eiye,,maphites,mafia,kk and tens of people start taking sides in defence of their respective charity organisations on nairaland,hell would have been let loose.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by jadedlulu(f): 12:11am On Apr 30, 2010
i need to understand y so many ppl av a thing against pyrates? these are ppl who unlike other confraternities av proven to be gentlemen not rouges. i av had the opportunity of been with ppl from different confraternities and can say dat pyrates do not conduct themselves in the way and manner other do. fortunately i can say i av never been a member of any but then lets call a spade a spade. they are not ur every day cultist.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by aduboy(m): 5:07am On Apr 30, 2010
haha, some of us happened to through nigerian universities, these tales were similar to what they tell lobbers in other to lure them to join these evil organisation(secret cults). 'we are registered' NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SEADOGS, BUACCANEERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA, NEO-BLACK MOVEMENT OF AFRICA etc. Lies and bunch of lies. No need for cultism on nairaland and naija in general.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by Greycells(m): 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2010
Some Pyrates'got guns, and shoot people with it. Heard of the Redemption War at UNICAL where Pyrates and Vikings formed an alliance to fight some other cults.
The pyrate boys at Ibadan poly, a stone throw from UI, the birthplace of Pyrates are rugged (negatively oh).
Same for all other guys. That makes it impossible for the claim of NAS to hold water for many in this generation who saw the maimings, killings, barbecuing etc., that now mark activities of so called 'confraternities".
Let NAS lead the campaign for demilitarization and de-arming of the killer gangs on various university campuses, we might just believe whatever they have to say after then.
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by slap1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2010
mama-gee:

Who in the world is that? undecided
HAVE YOU RAN OUT OF PINK CRAYONS?
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by zubike01(m): 12:07am On Aug 13, 2012
you all should take a look at this link tells an interesting story about confra www.jollyrougeseries.com
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by Lisa1: 1:18am On Aug 13, 2012
Well down
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by johnnp2: 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
Talking about Pyrates, please say what you know and leave the rest to God. Pyrates are no cultists. NAS is a group that fight societal ills and conformist degradation, helps the needy and defends the weak, fight negative convention, fight ethnicity and tribalism and stands for comradeship and chivalry. Now I've made my point eventhough some non-liberated minded ones might still object. I must advise, it is always pertinent to learn before you leap. Ahoy seadogs!!!
Re: Born Again - Police Commissioner Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo Not A Pyrate by diamonddre: 9:35am On Oct 27, 2013
Honestly, people should stop saying nonsense about NAS, how can NAS be a cult group and be registered with the federal govt and have so much international recognition?. NAS is not in any higher institution and i tell u now that any undergraduate that claims to be a pyrate is an illegal pyrate and should be treated as criminal. I implore u all to do ur research well before posting nonsense about NAS. Ahoy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ex-Adamawa Governor, Murtala Nyako's Son Wanted By EFCC / EXCLUSIVE: How Agency Headed By Buhari’s In-law Is Violating Nigeria’s Procureme / Certificate Forgery: APC Opens Case Against Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.