Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? (34008 Views)

Poll: And how would you rate the short story below?

Excellent (4): 11% (31 votes)
Good (3): 32% (86 votes)
Fair (2): 32% (84 votes)
Poor (1): 23% (61 votes)
This poll has ended

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? / Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Seun(m): 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2006
If you're a guy, and you want to ask a girl out, what do you do?

Check the following story out. Author: a dear Nairalander.

----
Don is seen coming out of a supermarket. Bella is standing by the roadside, clad in a brown alterneck top, tight blue jeans, showing her curves in a way capable of sending waves across a man's medulla oblongata, with matching brown bag and high-heeled stilletto sandals. Don spots the lady and walks over to her.)

Don: Hello lady
Bella: (squeezes face) Hello
Don: Your face looks familiar.
Bella: (still looking disinterested) Don't think we've met before.
Don: Not that we've met before. What I mean is that you remind me of
all those supermodels on TV.
Bella: (tries hard not to smile but can't help it) [/i]Ummm Ummm
Don: Seriously. You look like Tyra Banks.
Bella: [i](lets out a wide smile)
Thanks.
Don: My pleasure. So what's the name?
Bella: Bella
Don: Hmmm nice name. I'm Don, pleased to meet you.
Bella: Pleased to meet you too.
Don: So what's a beautiful lady doing here standing under this scorching sun.
Bella: I'm waiting for a Taxi.
Don: Oh really? I came in my car. If you don't mind, I can give you a ride.
Bella: Thanks.
(They both walk down to the car. Don opens the door for Bella to get in, then he gets in the driver's seat)
*In the Car*
Don: So where are you heading to?
Bella: Beantown.
Don: Oh I live very close to Beantown. Do you mind coming to know my
house then I can drop you off wherever you going afterwards?
Bella: Ummm I'm in a hurry today, maybe some other time. Sorry.
Don: When is this 'other time'? I'll really love to see you again and
have some time to talk better with you.
Bella: Anytime, anytime really
Don: Ok Here's my card (passes his card to Bella) You can call me anytime.
Bella: (takes the card and quickly reads through with an expression of excitement on her face) ok
Don: So can I get your number?
Bella: It's 0804 265 8546
Don: Cool. I'll give you a ring.
Bella: Er, you can drop me infront of that white house.
(Don halts the car and Bella opens the door.)
Bella: Thanks for the ride.
Don: It's a pleasure. Hope to see you again so I'll give you a ring
sometime soon.Take care, Bel.
Bella: ok. bye
(Don watches Bella as she shakes ass down the street, he licks his lips.)

---
So my 1st question is this: if you're a guy, and you want to ask a girl out, is that a good way to do it?
And my 2nd question is 'did you like the story?'

2 Likes

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by gbengaijot(m): 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2006
Seun:

(Don watches Bella as she shakes ass down the street, he licks his lips.)

---

I cant help but laugh at that.

ANyway, seun there are different ways to do it!
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by diddy4(m): 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2006
i dont see anything wrong with that way. its actually good shaa. but me, i do mine another style ooo. i just appear to be uninterested especially if the girl is so damn fine. she will get worried and ask me if she aint fine enuff for me. i don get am be dat ooo.

i have many ways and i apply them according to the circumstance. there aint no particular way. even sneezing can get you a girl. hell yeah it can and yes, it worked for me. dont ask how cuzz i aint telling.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by ddizzle(f): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2006
lol why ask her to know your house, thats really not rite in my opinion when a guy asks a girl to know to his house if she goes there they are nt going to drink tea and eat okin biscuit we all knw wat happens!!. he offered her a ride to her house he doesn't need to stop over to let her know his house, they just met.
just take her home then as your leaving ask her if you can see her again fullstop, then if she liked your personality she will see you again.

i may be wrong bt this is hw i feel
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Kadeejah(f): 12:09am On Jul 10, 2006
the first couple of lines i wouldnt fall for in million yrs. for me a guy has to do so much better than thatim not spoiled dats just how i ami like it wen a guy shows some interesting and then acts like he aint that instrested. big turn on, coz then that wud get me thinking. . .
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by olufunto(f): 12:54am On Jul 10, 2006
the story was too damn predictable , the line about her looking familiar is just lame, y in the world did she get into the car wiv him, is it not naija again, shu i think a whole lot went down the first day,, its alwayz gud to take things slow
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Seun(m): 1:36am On Jul 10, 2006
Thanks for your comments, honorable ladies. Can you describe what you think a proper asking out session will look like? Can you post a dialogue in the format of the first post to show us how it's supposed to be done?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by hotangel2(f): 2:09am On Jul 10, 2006
I got disinterested when i read up to where she told him her name.

Shiit, it's all corny. I don't think it's that easy. She just walks in the car of a stranger.

I'll read it all sha, then maybe i'llc hange my mind. But i just had to say this first.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by hotangel2(f): 2:13am On Jul 10, 2006
Okay im sorry to say, but it's bullshit.

A lady won't give a guy she just met her number like that. Since he gave her his card, she's spose to say "i'll call you, i have ur number" or something like that.

And uhmm, she allowed him to drop her in front of her house. That is, he now knows where she lives? Is this love at first site or just a corny unreal story?

Conclusion? It's good, if we are talking about a small guy giving a small girl a bicycle ride home. embarassed

Maybe i just dont get it. This is soo not how to ask a girl out. Using lines like you look like tyra banks.

If a guy tells me i look like tyra banks, i'll ask if he really thinks i have a big forehead. tongue (j/k) But it's all somehow corny, ya dig?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by diddy4(m): 2:13am On Jul 10, 2006
ya i dig

ya dig i dig?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by jgirl3: 2:17am On Jul 10, 2006
That is so weak and full of flatters. I don't like that kind of approach
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Kadeejah(f): 2:18am On Jul 10, 2006
itz hella corny i would never fall 4 a guy with weak lines like that.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Seun(m): 2:21am On Jul 10, 2006
What lines will you fall for? Give us a demo. kiss
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by diddy4(m): 2:25am On Jul 10, 2006
boy sees girl stanging alone on the road

boy goes to girl

boy: whats up shawty?
girl: (frowning) hey

boy: baby, i wann@ take you to ma crib and get down withchu, what do you say?
girl: excuse me(flippin)

boy: you know what i mean. i really dig your ass and boobs and i can make u touch the sky

and he gets a very deserving smooth and bad slap.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by hotangel2(f): 2:26am On Jul 10, 2006
Any line that doesn't tell me i look like his mother or a supermodel. Every lady wants to be unique.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Kadeejah(f): 2:27am On Jul 10, 2006
@ diddy
lmao! cheesy wink i wudda just laughed and walked away
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by diddy4(m): 2:28am On Jul 10, 2006
ok, well. dat line is unique aint it?
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Kadeejah(f): 2:29am On Jul 10, 2006
haha! ye mos def
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by ladex142(m): 2:45am On Jul 10, 2006
Can anyone please try using "DON's SYSTEM" (trade mark) and tell us what the outcome is grin.
I hope the person's dont endup getting slapped. cheesy
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by ddizzle(f): 4:47am On Jul 10, 2006
okay ill try

Don coming out of supermarket

(using my method)

See's Lady and says

Don: Excuse me, do i know you from somewhere im sorry to sound somehow but your face looks awfully familiar
Lady: (she might answer rudely or politely) (rudelysmiley no, and walks off (Politely) no, i dont really recognise you im sorry
Don: Oh ok sorry to embarass you im don by the way
Lady: (Might look at you funny for a while and possibly give you her name) (if she doesnt brother don enter your car and go home!!!)
Don: (if she gave you her name) nice to meet you ***** (her name)
Lady (she will probably smile) and say the same thing,

Mr Don abeg dnt ask her to stop at your crib, and dont ask her to give her a lift that is very forward if your really meant to be friends (like you say) u will see her again if nt pls start your car and vroom on!
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Damsal(f): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2006
i think this style of asking a girl out sucks. I think a guy comes of as more interesting when he approaches a girl with more humour in tow. More like

Don- You look stunning
Lady-(smiling) thanks
Don- oh sorry, i wasnt talking to you i was taking to the girl on your left
Lady- (embarassed) oh
Don- (smiling) just kidding

or

Don- I'm sorry i am going to have to ask you to leave
Lady- you can't do that this is a public place.
Don-(smiling, moves in a little closer wispering) I know but you are making all the others girls around look bad.
Lady-(Smiling) what do you want?
Don- that's for me to know and you to find out,

These techs might not apply to all girls but if a guy approached me with this kind of line he would get my full attention cause it's unconventional and i'd find him very interesting. I hate it whne a guy sounds rehearsed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by lilbie(f): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2006
smiley @ damsal

i dig dat style too girl. as a matter of fact any guy that walks up to me saying i look like his ex-girlfriend or best friend way back school wil def have me walking
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by layi(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2006
Like damsal said you just have to be unconventional to catch a girls fancy this days. They've read all the novel and romatifictions in the world. THey most often than not know where you're going.
Most ladies like to play hard so if they get your scope, they'll block your loopholes. the best way is to act like you just like her and not really interested in anything. Then  slowly find your way in.

Sincerely i use simple lines and it always works for me. I'll simply ask her to be my friend and then hand over my card. If she calls fine. If not, then so be it. I dont push it.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by lilbie(f): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2006
sad layi dat was rather boring. I'll take d card, but discard it as soon as you are out of sight. Do you actually expect a lady that's not desperate to give the first call or what do the ladies think embarassed
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by layi(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2006
Thats the problem with you girls. I know the kind of girls i talk to anyway. Not the ones who just need someone to bamboozle them with lies, stories, and sweet nothings that are only mouth deep but never appreciate a brother who's straightforward.
Well, it's worked for me till date and thats because i use it on the right people.

@lil bie
You are not beign forced to call. I'll only appreciate it if u do. Nothing says a lady shouldnt call, afterall i only proposed friendship. I hope u kno what friendship means. I'm not asking you out yet. You dont have to desperate to be a friend. No be by force now.
Peeps like u bore me,  You wont give the call and u wont give your number so what do u expect from d guy. U need a toasting adventure? Well na u sabi, ladies aint all the same.
We still have girls who've not lost the realness and wouldnt fall for cheap poetry from guys. Guys too get levels. Some dont need to push it.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by beyunce(f): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2006
Really really funny.

Bella. dat name alone is funny.
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Ale(m): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2006
Any question which is open ended is better than one which is closed. To borrow two cliches:

Cliche 1:
"What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" invites a fairly broad answer and in fact asks more questions than the one it appears to. What's a girl like me? What's a place like this?

Cliche 2:
"Do you come here often?" answer is yes, or no.

Chat up lines in the style of the former are preferable to those of the latter.

Alex, the Intellectual Gangster

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by lilbie(f): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2006
smiley smileysofry,sofry o, honourable mr layi
You need to remember that not all naija guys think like you. cool  most of you guys think a girl is cheap when she makes the first move. don't forget that there is sm'n called african mentality.
cheesy really,  am not like that. if i like you immediatelly, probably you have goodlooks or you are funny or sm'n just attracts u to me,  i can actually make the first move.
wink so it's not that bad. alright!
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by babadee(m): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2006
Don sounds like the average naija smooth playa,the ride is an added touch.
lmao
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2006
Not a line that should grab the attention of a "prim and proper" lady. As for getting into his car on the first meet (not even first date?), she just cheapened herself. No serious girl will allow you drop her off in front of her house (so you can know the place!)

There is nothing wrong in a girl making the first move, in fact it makes me take her more seriously than all the others who prefer to play coy. My present "friend" made the first move and i dont think it has in any way cheapened the way i see her, in fact from interacting with her my respect for her grows in leaps and bounds.

But well, in the end she's not Nigerian! lipsrsealed
Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by hotangel2(f): 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2006
Like layi said, we've read all the novels in the world. lol

So once u start with two words, we know where you are heading. Just do ur own thing and sound natural.

Sometimes, the response you get as a guy depends on the girls mood n how you look.

1 Like

Re: Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? by Zufugard: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2006
sure, but there are other ways,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

I Feel Led On And I Don't Know What To Do / Undergraduate Fights Girlfriend Over N20K In Front Of Schoolmates In Abia. Photo / If You Earn N65,000 Monthly, Give Your Girlfriend N50,000 - Nigerian Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.