Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Salat Questions - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Salat Questions (19729 Views)

Common Mistake Made During Salat / 12 Tips To Boost Your Salat / A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salat Questions by Nimshi: 6:03am On Sep 24, 2008
ayinba1:

@nimshi,

Purpose of the thread? I thought that I was pretty clear. Pardon me but can you break the statement below down into a layman's term(s)?

ayinba1, here's the explanation.

babs787 asked if the purpose of the thread has been achieved. (The past tense "achieved" carries the notion of a finality). My response mean that the thread must grow as we continue discussing salat; it must grom, like a well-watered plant; it is not like a building of concete which emerges fully formed. I hope that's helpful.
Re: Salat Questions by babs787(m): 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2008
@Nimshi

Please if you are saying that the discussion is not yet and the purpose has not been established, kindly table the area you still do not understand.
Re: Salat Questions by ayinba1(f): 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2008
@babs, olabowale,

Sorry I have to ask this but the thread WILL be derailed if you continue to pay heed to nimshi. I warned about controversy from the onset. The Prophet of Allah has also warned us about it! Are we wiser than Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)?

@nimshi

I read your response to my questions about you, thank you. If you have answers to any questions that I or anyone has posted on Salat, feel free to post it.

But this is Ramadan, let us leave shaytan in its chains!

Salam to all
Re: Salat Questions by Nimshi: 10:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
ayinba1:

@babs, olabowale,
Sorry I have to ask this but the thread WILL be derailed if you continue to pay heed to nimshi. I warned about controversy from the onset. The Prophet of Allah has also warned us about it! Are we wiser than Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)?

How will Nimshi derail this thread? Questions about salat will only continue to be asked. Others will come here to post questions as they wish. Those who have already contributed to the discussion may have new questions. Anyone reading existing answers may think of some new angle meriting discussion. For these reasons, the thread will be alive, even if Nimshi or anyone else do not anymore contribute to it.

ayinba1:
But this is Ramadan, let us leave shaytan in its chains! Salam to all

Shaitan ought to be in chains all the time, Ramadan or no Ramadan.

This is sorry.
Re: Salat Questions by ayinba1(f): 1:58am On Sep 25, 2008
Audhu biLLAhi mina shaytan ir rajim!
Re: Salat Questions by ayinba1(f): 6:09am On Sep 25, 2008
Salam alaykum warahmatullah,

Please what is the correct etiquette for Jumah prayers?

Viz nafilat 1. if I arrive on time before the sermon
2. if I arrive during the sermon
3. if I arrive at the end of the sermon

Thank you
Re: Salat Questions by zayhal(f): 11:42am On Sep 25, 2008
ayinba1:

Audhu biLLAhi mina shaytan ir rajim!

Indeed! Audhu billah mina shaytaanirajeem!

On the jum'a question,
1. if you arrive before the sermon, you can do your tahiyyatu masjid and follow up with as many nawaafil as you can/as time permits. One the sermon starts, you have to stop.

2. If you arrive while the sermon is on, you go in gently and sit at the 1st available space you see, not disturbing others. you should not observe any nafla now but just sit down and listen to the sermon. No ibaadah should be done while the sermon is on, whether nafila, tilaawatulqur'an, dhikr. One should just listen to the sermon and also try not to engage in conversation with anyone.

3.At the end of the sermon, it's time for the congregational salah now, abi? smiley
Re: Salat Questions by ayinba1(f): 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2008
Thanks a zil! I thought I could sneak one in before "safu"  grin

Most of these thing I must have been taught during MSS in the North, but it's been 16 years!

Thank you all for being my selfless refreshers.
Re: Salat Questions by ajibawealt(m): 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2008
Asalam,

I'd like to ask if its permissible to perform nofilat immediately after salat subuhi should in case one misses the nofilat b4 the salat
Re: Salat Questions by babs787(m): 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2008
Salam

Which Nawafil are you referring to?
Re: Salat Questions by ayinba1(f): 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2008
I think you can do non obligatory nafilas before and after subhi, ajibawealt.
Re: Salat Questions by mybad: 2:42am On Nov 01, 2008
While observing Solat alone, if i make a mistake by:-

(1) Adding or subtracting from the number of required rakats or
(2) forgot to sit after the second rakaat
(3) or am in doubt about having added to, or subtracted from the required number of rakats
I know am expected to validate my salat with sajdah before or after tashahud depending on the situation.

How do i go about this?
What is this sajdah called?
Which sajdah is used to correct a doubt, addition or subtraction to solat?
Re: Salat Questions by babs787(m): 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2008
Salam brother. I loove this questions and I believe it would enlighten us more on how to atone for forgetfulness before the expiration of solat and atonement for forgetfulness after expiration of solat.

While observing Solat alone, if i make a mistake by:-

(1) Adding or subtracting from the number of required rakats or
(2) forgot to sit after the second rakaat

(3) or am in doubt about having added to, or subtracted from the required number of rakats
I know am expected to validate my salat with sajdah before or after tashahud depending on the situation.

How do i go about this?
What is this sajdah called?
Which sajdah is used to correct a doubt, addition or subtraction to solat?

It is called the concept of Qabliyyah and Ba'adiyyah

QABLIYYAH
is an Arabic word which means BEFORE or any action or actions (errors) that deserves atonement. The atonement for actions committed before the expiration of a particular salat is called Sujud-Sahw wherein you are expected to bring forth two prostrations before saying salamah (Taslim).

BA'ADIYYAH on the other hand referred to AFTER or any action or actions (errors) that deserves atonement (Kaffarah) committed after the expiration of a particular salat. The atonement for it is called sujud-sahw wherein you are expected to bring forth two prostrations after the normal Taslim.

In order to authenticate this assertion, Prophet Muhammad (saw) was reported in the narration of Abdullah bin Bujainah (R.A) to have led them in the Zhur prayer, where he stood up after the first two rakats and did not sit for tashahud; so the people stood up with him as well. When he had completed the pratee and the people were waiting for his salutation, he said 'Allah Akbar' while he was sitting and did two sajdah before the salutation. Then he said the salutation (Bukhari, Muslim).

Another dimension concerning the state of forgetfulness in prayer, Abu Saeed Al-Khudri (R.A) narrated that rhe Messenger of Allah (SAW) said , 'when one of you becomes confused during his prsyer and he does not know how many rakats he offered, he should ignored what is doubtful and base his prayer on what he believes is certain. Then he should do extra sajdah before the salutation. If he had prayes five rakats, then these sajdah will make his prayer 6 rakats (2 of which would be nafilat) and if he had prayed the correct number of Rakats, these two sajdah will be humility for the devil (Muslim)
[/b]

[b]Instances that require Qabliyyah

1. If a person reduces up to three or more sunnah aspects.

2. Whoever adds and reduces some sunnah aspects in the same prayer.

Forgetting the recitation of a surah after Suratul Fatiah but remembered before Taslim.

4. Whoever recites silently where he should recite loudly.

5. Leaving teo Takbirs or 'samia Allah Liman Hamidah twice or more

6. If someone prays two rakats and forgets to observe Tashahud till he stands up should continue his prayer till the end, ghe should correct it with Qabliyyah.

7. If someone omits the recitation of a verse or two verses in suratul fatiah unintentionally.

8. Whoever forgets to recite Suratul Fatiah completely in a non-obligatory prayer.

9. Supposing someone is to observe Qabliyyah but forgrtsd to do so and it has not taken a long time, he is going to do it (that is Ba'adiyyah instead of Qabliyyah). But if it has taken a long time, and the sunnah aspects left are not up to three, his prayer remains valid without resorting to atonement (SUJUD SAHW) but if they are up to three or more (like leaving the recitation of a surah) in such case, his prayer has spoilt. The prayer has to be repeated.

10. Al-Ma'mum (the follower of an Imam who misses a rakat or more). If he found that the Imam has to do Ba'adiyyah, and he (tyhe follower) personllay is indebted to Qabliyyah for reducing sunnah aspect after Imam, he should do Qabliyyah for both and if the opposite is the case Qabliyyah is sufficient for him.

Instances that require Ba'adiyyah

1. Unconscious repetition of suratul Fatiha

2. Infusion of other citation/words beside reading of Quranic verse.

3. Reading aloud while silence is required.

4. Unconscious blowing of dust.

5. Terminating the salat after the first two rakats apart from Ssubhi prayer (the affected person wil rise for completion of the last two rakats and observe the atonement of Ba'adiyyah thereafter.

6. Unconscious talking while praying.

7. Distorting the Quranoc pronunciation in such a way that it spoils the meaning.

8. Increasing one or two rakats. But addition of two rakats to Subhi renders it invalid.

9. If someone forgets bowing and remembers while prostrating. He should stand up and preferably recite something from the Glorious Quran. He then perform the bowing, continue his prayers and correct it by performing Ba'adiyyah.

10. Whoever leaves prostration unintentionally but remembers only while standing should perform the sujud, complete his prayer then Ba'adiyyah follows.

11. If someone forgetrs bowing (rukuuh) or sujud but do not rememberuntil the next rakat , he should replace that rakat with a new one. If the repeated rakat is among the first two (that have fatiha and other surah) he is going to do Qabliyyah, but if it is the last two rakats, then Ba'adiyyah is required.

12. Persistent multiple doubt requires Ba'adiyyah in all prayers but one should try to avoid too much doubt.

13. Doubting whether one has performed taslim or not, if the time lasped and its not long and has not turned his back to the Qiblah, he should there say Taslim and if he has turned his face from Qiblah, he should turned back to do it, Taslim and perform Ba'adiyyah.

14. Forgotten Ba'adiyyah should be made up even after a year.

15. Prolonged thinking not related to the prayer or over-doubting where not necessary (for instance when he rises from bowing or between prostrations) Ba'adiyyah is required of him based on popular opinion.

How to perform Qabliyyah and Ba'adiyyah

QABLIYYAH: whenever one realises the error of omission in his prayers that command atonement of Qabliyyah before the termination of salat with taslim, he should proceed to observe two sujud (prostrations) to be preceeded with Takbirs and sit down again for Tashahud and taslim.

BA'ADIYYAH: whenver anyone detects or realizes his errors or addition, he will have to offer the atonment of Ba'adiyyah by observing to sujuds after the termination of the salats. There and then one sits down recites the tashahud and to be followed woth Taslim.

Notes: recitation of Al-tashud after the observance of sujud or ommission or addition (Qabliyyah or Ba''adiyyah) is at individual's discretion. One may decide to recite it or not as the consensus of opinion of Islamic scholars gave credence to that.

we should also take note that whoever forgrtsd the exact number of Rakats he has performed should work on the number he is certain of. That is, if he doubts whether he has prayed three or four, he should take the least number that is three, then complete his prayers followed by Ba'adiyyah.

Whosoever after Taslim. remembers that he has left a compulsory aspect of prayer, if it is not far he should make intention together with Takbir by raising his hands while performing the Takbir of intention. For instance, idf it is rukuuh or rising from sujud etc. If it is rukuuuh, he should go back for it after standing, then go for rukuuh that has been left, then continue the prayer folloowed by Ba'adiyyah. If it is rising up from Rukuuh, he should go for the rukuuh, then rise from the rukuuh, likewise if sujud is left, he should start with sujud then rise, after terminating the prayers, he should then do Ba'adiyyah.
Re: Salat Questions by Mustay(m): 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2008
Nimshi:

ayinba1, here's the explanation.
My response mean that the thread must grow as we continue discussing salat; it must groom, like a well-watered plant; it is not like a building of concrete which emerges fully formed. I hope that's helpful.

Supported
Re: Salat Questions by cola: 1:50pm On Nov 08, 2008
babs787:

Salam brother. I loove this questions and I believe it would enlighten us more on how to atone for forgetfulness before the expiration of solat and atonement for forgetfulness after expiration of solat.

It is called the concept of Qabliyyah and Ba'adiyyah

QABLIYYAH
is an Arabic word which means BEFORE or any action or actions (errors) that deserves atonement. The atonement for actions committed before the expiration of a particular salat is called Sujud-Sahw wherein you are expected to bring forth two prostrations before saying salamah (Taslim).

BA'ADIYYAH on the other hand referred to AFTER or any action or actions (errors) that deserves atonement (Kaffarah) committed after the expiration of a particular salat. The atonement for it is called sujud-sahw wherein you are expected to bring forth two prostrations after the normal Taslim.

In order to authenticate this assertion, Prophet Muhammad (saw) was reported in the narration of Abdullah bin Bujainah (R.A) to have led them in the Zhur prayer, where he stood up after the first two rakats and did not sit for tashahud; so the people stood up with him as well. When he had completed the pratee and the people were waiting for his salutation, he said 'Allah Akbar' while he was sitting and did two sajdah before the salutation. Then he said the salutation (Bukhari, Muslim).

Another dimension concerning the state of forgetfulness in prayer, Abu Saeed Al-Khudri (R.A) narrated that rhe Messenger of Allah (SAW) said , 'when one of you becomes confused during his prsyer and he does not know how many rakats he offered, he should ignored what is doubtful and base his prayer on what he believes is certain. Then he should do extra sajdah before the salutation. If he had prayes five rakats, then these sajdah will make his prayer 6 rakats (2 of which would be nafilat) and if he had prayed the correct number of Rakats, these two sajdah will be humility for the devil (Muslim)
[/b]

[b]Instances that require Qabliyyah

1. If a person reduces up to three or more sunnah aspects.

2. Whoever adds and reduces some sunnah aspects in the same prayer.

Forgetting the recitation of a surah after Suratul Fatiah but remembered before Taslim.

4. Whoever recites silently where he should recite loudly.

5. Leaving teo Takbirs or 'samia Allah Liman Hamidah twice or more

6. If someone prays two rakats and forgets to observe Tashahud till he stands up should continue his prayer till the end, ghe should correct it with Qabliyyah.

7. If someone omits the recitation of a verse or two verses in suratul fatiah unintentionally.

8. Whoever forgets to recite Suratul Fatiah completely in a non-obligatory prayer.

9. Supposing someone is to observe Qabliyyah but forgrtsd to do so and it has not taken a long time, he is going to do it (that is Ba'adiyyah instead of Qabliyyah). But if it has taken a long time, and the sunnah aspects left are not up to three, his prayer remains valid without resorting to atonement (SUJUD SAHW) but if they are up to three or more (like leaving the recitation of a surah) in such case, his prayer has spoilt. The prayer has to be repeated.

10. Al-Ma'mum (the follower of an Imam who misses a rakat or more). If he found that the Imam has to do Ba'adiyyah, and he (tyhe follower) personllay is indebted to Qabliyyah for reducing sunnah aspect after Imam, he should do Qabliyyah for both and if the opposite is the case Qabliyyah is sufficient for him.

Instances that require Ba'adiyyah

1. Unconscious repetition of suratul Fatiha

2. Infusion of other citation/words beside reading of Quranic verse.

3. Reading aloud while silence is required.

4. Unconscious blowing of dust.

5. Terminating the salat after the first two rakats apart from Ssubhi prayer (the affected person wil rise for completion of the last two rakats and observe the atonement of Ba'adiyyah thereafter.

6. Unconscious talking while praying.

7. Distorting the Quranoc pronunciation in such a way that it spoils the meaning.

8. Increasing one or two rakats. But addition of two rakats to Subhi renders it invalid.

9. If someone forgets bowing and remembers while prostrating. He should stand up and preferably recite something from the Glorious Quran. He then perform the bowing, continue his prayers and correct it by performing Ba'adiyyah.

10. Whoever leaves prostration unintentionally but remembers only while standing should perform the sujud, complete his prayer then Ba'adiyyah follows.

11. If someone forgetrs bowing (rukuuh) or sujud but do not rememberuntil the next rakat , he should replace that rakat with a new one. If the repeated rakat is among the first two (that have fatiha and other surah) he is going to do Qabliyyah, but if it is the last two rakats, then Ba'adiyyah is required.

12. Persistent multiple doubt requires Ba'adiyyah in all prayers but one should try to avoid too much doubt.

13. Doubting whether one has performed taslim or not, if the time lasped and its not long and has not turned his back to the Qiblah, he should there say Taslim and if he has turned his face from Qiblah, he should turned back to do it, Taslim and perform Ba'adiyyah.

14. Forgotten Ba'adiyyah should be made up even after a year.

15. Prolonged thinking not related to the prayer or over-doubting where not necessary (for instance when he rises from bowing or between prostrations) Ba'adiyyah is required of him based on popular opinion.

How to perform Qabliyyah and Ba'adiyyah

QABLIYYAH: whenever one realises the error of omission in his prayers that command atonement of Qabliyyah before the termination of salat with taslim, he should proceed to observe two sujud (prostrations) to be preceeded with Takbirs and sit down again for Tashahud and taslim.

BA'ADIYYAH: whenver anyone detects or realizes his errors or addition, he will have to offer the atonment of Ba'adiyyah by observing to sujuds after the termination of the salats. There and then one sits down recites the tashahud and to be followed woth Taslim.

Notes: recitation of Al-tashud after the observance of sujud or ommission or addition (Qabliyyah or Ba''adiyyah) is at individual's discretion. One may decide to recite it or not as the consensus of opinion of Islamic scholars gave credence to that.

we should also take note that whoever forgrtsd the exact number of Rakats he has performed should work on the number he is certain of. That is, if he doubts whether he has prayed three or four, he should take the least number that is three, then complete his prayers followed by Ba'adiyyah.

Whosoever after Taslim. remembers that he has left a compulsory aspect of prayer, if it is not far he should make intention together with Takbir by raising his hands while performing the Takbir of intention. For instance, idf it is rukuuh or rising from sujud etc. If it is rukuuuh, he should go back for it after standing, then go for rukuuh that has been left, then continue the prayer folloowed by Ba'adiyyah. If it is rising up from Rukuuh, he should go for the rukuuh, then rise from the rukuuh, likewise if sujud is left, he should start with sujud then rise, after terminating the prayers, he should then do Ba'adiyyah.

good job! detailed response.
jazaka-LLahu khyra.
Re: Salat Questions by Tsiya(m): 11:04am On Jan 11, 2009
Alhamdulillah. Very interesting. May Allah reward u all abundantly.
Re: Salat Questions by javalove(m): 4:35pm On Jan 25, 2009
Salam Alykun,

Please what does one say when he returns from Rukuh after the Imam Says "Semi Alahu moni ami dau"

What does one say when he returns from sujud during the first sitting

I'm not in my place and observing qasri prayers, Can i observe jam'un too?
Re: Salat Questions by babs787(m): 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2009
Salam Alykun,

Wa alaykun Salam grin

Please what does one say when he returns from Rukuh after the Imam Says "Semi Alahu moni ami dau"

Rab-bana lakal hamd
Oh, our Lord, all the praises be to You

What does one say when he returns from sujud during the first sitting

Allahu Akbar
Allah is the Greatest

I'm not in my place and observing qasri prayers, Can i observe jam'un too?

What is Jamun?

Have I answered the questions?
Re: Salat Questions by javalove(m): 6:52pm On Jan 26, 2009
Thanks Alot Brother Babs

But

The Rabana Laka l Hamd, u know but i think i hear people say something like "Hamdan . . .kersiran" after that

and returning from sujud, i think there is something to say during the sitting positionn but i dont know it.

Jam'un is combination of prayers, like pbserving zuhr and asr together and maghrib and ishaa together
Re: Salat Questions by babs787(m): 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2009
The Rabana Laka l Hamd, u know but i think i hear people say something like "Hamdan . . .kersiran" after that

I never hear that one sir cheesy

and returning from sujud, i think there is something to say during the sitting positionn but i dont know it.

Like what?

Maa Salam
Re: Salat Questions by Mustay(m): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Salat Questions by subzeeero(m): 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2009
Assalamu alaykum,

For a detailed explanation of the prophet's(SAW) prayer, please read this:

http://www.qss.org/articles/salah/toc.html

It is one of the best explanations using authentic hadiths.

However, i was told by my islamic tutor to overlook the author's position on saying
Assalamu alan nabiyyi
[Peace be on the Prophet].
in the tashahud after the death of the prophet (SAW).

My tutor told me to maintain what the prohet (SAW) taught since he(SAW) never asked the companions to change it after his death.

Errors in prayer that must be avoided are explained here http://www.qss.org/articles/errors/toc.html

Allah knows best
Re: Salat Questions by Mustay(m): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2009
1.          Stand upright facing the direction of Al-Ka'bah.  This position is called Qiyaam and the direction is called Qiblah in Arabic. 

2.          Make Niyyah (intention) in your heart for the prayer you want to pray.

3.          Raise your hands to your ears and say: "Allahu Akbar.” This means: (Allah is the Greatest). This is called Takbiratul Ihram

4.          Now place your right hand on top of your left hand on the chest and look downward to the place where your forehead will touch the ground in the Sujood (prostration)

-  Then recite silently:  "A'udhu billahi minash shaitanir rajim" meaning “I seek shelter in Allah from the rejected Satan.”
[size=16pt]أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم[/size]

This is called Ta'awwudh

-   Then recite:  "Bismillahir rahmanir rahim" meaning "In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful.”
[size=16pt]بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم[/size]

This is called Tasmiyah

5.          After this, recite Suratul Fatihah (the opening chapter) of the Noble Qur'an

6.          Then recite any other passage from the Noble Qur'an.

7.          After this, bow down saying: "Allahu Akbar" and place your hands on your knees and say silently: "Subhana Rabbiyal Adhim." meaning  (Perfect is my Lord, the Supreme) three times. 

This position is called Rukoo'. Keep your head in line with your back, and look downward to the place of Sujood.

8.          Stand up from the bowing position saying: "Sami'Allahu liman hamidah" (Allah hears those who praise Him)"Rabbana lakal hamd." This means: (Our Lord, praise be to You).

9.          Prostrate on the floor saying:  "Allahu Akbar" with your forehead, nose, palms of both hands, your knees, and toes all touching the floor.  Then recite silently: "Subhana Rabbiyal A'la."( meaning How Perfect is my Lord, the Highest)  three times.

- This position is called Sujood. Keep your arms away from the sides of the body and the ground.

10.        Sit up from the floor saying Allahu Akbar. Sit upright with your knees bent and palms placed on them and say: “Rabbighfir li” meaning “O my Lord! Forgive me.”
[size=16pt]رب اغفر لي[/size]

Say "Allahu Akbar" and again prostrate in the Sujood position. Recite "Subhana Rabbiyal A'la" three times. Sit up from this position saying "Allahu Akbar"

The above steps concludes a rakat in salat.
Re: Salat Questions by Mustay(m): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2009
If it's a 2 rakat prayer, 3 or prayer that needs tashhahudd, complete this:

Put your left hand on the left thigh. Now recite Tashahhud silently:

"At-Tahiyyatu lillahi “Greetings, prayers and

was- Salawatu wat-Tayyibatu. goodness belong to Allah.

As-Salamu ' alaika Peace be on you,

ayyuhannabiyyu O Prophet

wa rahmatullahi and the mercy of Allah

wa barakatuhu. and His blessings.

Assalamu 'alaina wa’ala Peace be on us and on

ibadil-Lahis -Salihin the righteous servants of Allah

ash hadu al-La ilaha I bear witness that

il-Lal lahu there is no god but Allah,

wa ash hadu anna and bear witness that

Muhammadan abduhu Muhammad is His servant

wa rasuluhu." and Messenger.”

Now turn your face to the right saying: "Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah" (peace and the mercy of Allah be on you) and then to the left repeating the same words.

Re: Salat Questions by miftah: 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2009
Alhamdulillah,Zayhal had said it all,Thanks be to ALLAH dat gave you d wisdom.No subtraction from wat she had said.But it is a diff story if u`v not pray magrib and they`v started praying Ishai wen u enter the masjid,u can join them u wil only av the reward of that prayer as nawafil,after the taslim u will now pay bac dat Magrib and later pray Ishai,

The prophet said: There must be no jama`a apart from the Imam`s jama`a,meaning there shld b no other solaat apart from the one dat is lead by the Imam.
Re: Salat Questions by thayur(m): 2:16am On Apr 18, 2009
Wa aleikum salam waramotulahi wabarakat
as it has been rightfully said when one misses a solat and get to mosque when a congregational prayer is biegn observed one makes aniyat (intention) for the prayer missed and joins the congregation as if he were to be praying he own missed solat and after observing that he stands to oserve the next or joins another congregation if there is any.
if it is that it is the magrib solat that was missed and he gets to mosque when isha is beign observed but after the third rakah instead of standing up for the forth he sits untill the imam does the final teslim
ALLAH ALAM.
Re: Salat Questions by Remii(m): 9:27pm On May 03, 2009
thayur:

Wa aleikum salam waramotulahi wabarakat
as it has been rightfully said when one misses a solat and get to mosque when a congregational prayer is biegn observed one makes aniyat (intention) for the prayer missed and joins the congregation as if he were to be praying he own missed solat and after observing that he stands to oserve the next or joins another congregation if there is any.
if it is that it is the magrib solat that was missed and he gets to mosque when isha is beign observed but after the third rakah instead of standing up for the forth he sits untill the imam does the final teslim
ALLAH ALAM.

You can not pray different salat behind Imam and still be in the Jammah. If you get to mosque during Isha while you have not prayed Mogrib, you could join the group to pray Isha and take benefit of the congregation. However after completing the Isha with them, you have to now pray your Mogrib and repeat the Isha.
Alternatively, you may decide to pray you Mogrib solo and meet them on Isha or solo too if they completed before you finish your Mogrib. Also you may get some late commers like you to pray Isah together. Allah Alam
Re: Salat Questions by Abuzola(m): 8:23pm On May 09, 2009
Nice one, my brother in faith BABS could u please shied light on performing nafila when imam is delivering sermon
Re: Salat Questions by babs787(m): 12:15am On May 10, 2009
Salam brother. It seems you are referring to nawafil before salatul Jumuah.From fiqh-u-sunnah,it is sunnah to offer supererogatory prayers before al-Jumuah until the imam arrives. After his arrival,one should no longer offer any salah,save for the prayer of greetin the mosque (tahayyatul masjid) which may be performed quickly during the Khutbah unless one comes at the end of the Khutbah and would not have the time (i.e,before the actual salah begins) to perform tahayyatul masjid. Abu Hurairah reports that the Prophet (saw) said 'whoever makes ghusl on the day of Jumuah and then goes to the mosque and prays what has been prescribed for him,and remains queit while the imam delivers the Khutbah,and then prays with the imam,he will have forgiven for him what is between the Jumuah and the next and an additional three days(Muslim). Jabir reports that a man came to the mosque on Jumuah while the prophet was delivering the Khutbah.The prophet (saw) inquired of him,'did you offer your salat? The man replied 'no'.He told him,'pray two rakat.This is related by the group. Another narration says 'if one of you comes to the mosque on the day of Jumuah and the imam is delivering the Khutbah,he should pray two rakat and make them quickly.(narrated by Ahmad,Muslim and Abu Dawud.Another narration says,'if one of you comes to the mosque on the day of Jumuah and the imam has already arrived,he should offer two rakat(related by Bukhari and Muslim.
Re: Salat Questions by Abuzola(m): 5:29pm On May 10, 2009
Barakallahu fih ya BABZ. This is a message for those who will come to the mosque and sit without nawafil on friday
Re: Salat Questions by Lagosboy: 1:03pm On May 13, 2009
Abuzola:

Nice one, my brother in faith BABS could u please shied light on performing nafila when imam is delivering sermon

Abuzola:

Barakallahu fih ya BABZ. This is a message for those who will come to the mosque and sit without nawafil on friday

Not really bro they have done nothing wrong see my explantion below.

ayinba1:

Salam alaykum warahmatullah,

Please what is the correct etiquette for Jumah prayers?

Viz nafilat 1. if I arrive on time before the sermon
2. if I arrive during the sermon
3. if I arrive at the end of the sermon

Thank you

Jazakallah to all the sis and Babs who have tried to answer the question and they are both right.

Just to shed a bit more light on this issue

The fiqh of jumah differs

zayhal:

Indeed! Audhu billah mina shaytaanirajeem!

On the jum'a question,
1. if you arrive before the sermon, you can do your tahiyyatu masjid and follow up with as many nawaafil as you can/as time permits. One the sermon starts, you have to stop.

2. If you arrive while the sermon is on, you go in gently and sit at the 1st available space you see, not disturbing others. you should not observe any nafla now but just sit down and listen to the sermon. No ibaadah should be done while the sermon is on, whether nafila, tilaawatulqur'an, dhikr. One should just listen to the sermon and also try not to engage in conversation with anyone.

3.At the end of the sermon, it's time for the congregational salah now, abi? smiley

Sista zahal is correct here and this is according to Maliki and hanafi fiqh.

babs787:

Salam brother. It seems you are referring to nawafil before salatul Jumuah.From fiqh-u-sunnah,it is sunnah to offer supererogatory prayers before al-Jumuah until the imam arrives. After his arrival,one should no longer offer any salah,save for the prayer of greetin the mosque (tahayyatul masjid) which may be performed quickly during the Khutbah unless one comes at the end of the Khutbah and would not have the time (i.e,before the actual salah begins) to perform tahayyatul masjid. Abu Hurairah reports that the Prophet (saw) said 'whoever makes ghusl on the day of Jumuah and then goes to the mosque and prays what has been prescribed for him,and remains queit while the imam delivers the Khutbah,and then prays with the imam,he will have forgiven for him what is between the Jumuah and the next and an additional three days(Muslim). Jabir reports that a man came to the mosque on Jumuah while the prophet was delivering the Khutbah.The prophet (saw) inquired of him,'did you offer your salat? The man replied 'no'.He told him,'pray two rakat.This is related by the group. Another narration says 'if one of you comes to the mosque on the day of Jumuah and the imam is delivering the Khutbah,he should pray two rakat and make them quickly.(narrated by Ahmad,Muslim and Abu Dawud.Another narration says,'if one of you comes to the mosque on the day of Jumuah and the imam has already arrived,he should offer two rakat(related by Bukhari and Muslim.

The answer of Babs regarding tahiyyatul masjid is also correct according to Hambali and i think shafi fiqh as well.

Hence, if someone enters the masjid while the sermon is on and sits quitely without the nawafil prayer he his correct and if he does the nawafil he his following the Hambali fiqh and not wrong.

The maliki and hanafi base their evidence on the khutbah of jumah been the first two rakas of zuhr hence u cannot be saying a diff salah while a salah is going on in jammah hence the ruling that you sit during the khutbah and not pray. I personally hold on to this opinion and follow this ruling as i feel it is a stronger opinion and i am more of Maliki but studied well the Hanafi fiqul ibadat.

The hadith quoted by Babs narrated by Jabir was explained by scholars of fiqh that there was a reason why the prophet asked that man to stand up as it was not the general norm of the sahabas to do salah during the khutbah. The reason was that the prophet (PBUH) wanted to bring peoples attention tho this man so they could help him as he was poor and his clothes would give away his situation immediately and some shabas could be of help. The other hadiths were also explained which i cant remember right now if i will be honest. The book Fatih'bari by ibn hajar Alasqalani will definately do justice to the explanation of the hadith in Bukhari.

There is also a wide range of differences on Jumah ranging from the language of the khutbah , to the dua during the khutbah and weather the congregation should say ameen or not, to the raising of hands during this dua and so on. Issues like how many people do we need present to conduct a jumah prayer and stuff. All these issues have no one single answer to them and people have to respect the differences in opinion.

Many people follow a ruling based on the prominent fiqh of their geographical location and Nigeria like most of Africa tends to be Maliki, the Indo pak countries hanafi , other south asian countries Shafi, The Gulf countries Hambali or the salafiyyah concept of no madh'hab, other middle eastern countries split between shafi and hanafi.

I hope this summary has been a lil clear. please state if it is not clear and may Allah increse us all in knowledge.

Wallahu a'lam.[quote][/quote]
Re: Salat Questions by babs787(m): 11:17pm On May 13, 2009
Jazakhallah. I keep learning from my intelligent brothers and sisters. May Allah continue to increase ur knowledge

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim Dies In Saudi Arabia / What's Islam View On Mouth Action? / Tips To Win The Heart OF A Muslim Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.