Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,951 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Zizou Wins The Golden Ball - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Zizou Wins The Golden Ball (1645 Views)

Sepp Blatter: FIFA World Cup Golden Ball Award For Lionel Messi 'incorrect' / What Is Your Opinion On The Hazard/ball Boy Incident? / La Liga: Who wins the SPanish League this season (2006/07) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Jackal(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2006
Zidane has been named the Most Valuable Player of the 2006 World Cup despite being the player with the worst disciplinary record at the world cup with 3 yellow cards and a red card.
The prize is decided by media votes at the tournament. Zidane received 2,012, Italian captain Fabio Cannavaro finished second (1,977) and his team mate Andrea Pirlo was third (715).

Already a legend in his own time, this most elegant of footballers continues to amaze with his near-balletic brilliance, and there can have been few individual performances at Germany 2006 to match that produced by the 34-year-old in France’s quarter-final win over Brazil.

Do u think Zidane deserves this award after clearly head-butting Marco Materazzi?

Please share your views.
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Priscila(f): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2006
I dont blame Zidane at all for that butt!
He did well to shut up Materrazi's trap and exposed him when he went down flying his feet in all directions.
Its justified and Zidane legacy will live on.
Even Maradona was the worst and see his name as a legend.
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by amoke115: 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2006
zizou remains the best grin grin grin
regardless of his losing his mind last night embarassed embarassed
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by nightrider: 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2006
well its good he won it at least he'll retire with a memory. But a player of his calibre should have known better than to react like that and expect to remian on the pitch. Personally i think he cost his team the world cup. I blame him and domenech. france would have had better penalty takers on the pitch if henry and zidane where on the pitch. Trezeguet was not in perfect match condition mentally.
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Akolawole(m): 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2006
@NightRider

Where have you been man?
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by soccerchic(f): 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2006
I AM SOOO HAPPY THAT DESPITE WHAT ZIZOU DID TO THAT FOOL AKA Materazzi, he still won WORLD BEST PLAYER AWARD. Yes, Zinedine deseves that award and i know it, u know it and the journalist who voted for him knew it too.   Zidane polled 2012 points in the vote by journalists covering the tournament, beating Italians Fabio Cannavaro (1977 points) and Andrea Pirlo (715 points) in the ballot. ( as stated)

Luv u ZIZOU, and yes, i will marry u Theiry kiss

Men are like snowstorms. You never know when they're coming, how many inches you'ill get or how long it will last.  I know what Am talking about  after all I live in Canada  wink
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by tutu: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2006
[color=#000099][/color]u all have correct responce on the topic,it's good having seeing nigerian

explaining the dignity of of how nigeria is
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Priscila(f): 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2006
Italians knew they could not use their feet to win so they decided to use their mouths and infuriate Zidane to lose his cool. Infamy! Next time your plans won’t work.
There is always a next time.

And Now that I wrote Italian football is a crossbreed between athletics and wrestling,some blood thirsty characters in fan-atics are demanding my head for breakfast.
Zozou was annoyed!
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by otokx(m): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2006
i am not surprised, the method of selection is very subjective.
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by kitaun(m): 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2006
who else would have won

EL MAESTRO
of course grin grin grin
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by mukina2: 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2006
he deserves it , grin

check this out culled from FIFA'S site goooo Zizou u shud av given that mafia rebel a butt on the brain too grin grin grin grin grin grin

France playmaker Zinedine Zidane won the adidas Golden Ball voted for by journalists at the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™.
Although his team ultimately failed in their bid to lift the Trophy, Les Bleus' No.10 won the vote for the best player to grace the world stage in Germany. Behind ‘Zizou’ came Italy’s defensive rock Fabio Cannavaro, with the Juventus defender’s Azzurri team-mate Andrea Pirlo completing the podium.

After a less than impressive showing from France in the group phase, Zidane finally got into gear against Spain in the Round of 16, producing a virtually flawless performance to steer his side to a famous win and a place in the last eight.

If there is such a thing as footballing perfection, the midfield maestro surely attained it in the quarter-final showdown with Brazil. His superb passes, magical feints and all-round inspiration took France into the last four, where a solid performance and a clinical penalty helped Les Bleus dispose of Portugal.

In the Final against Italy, he opened the scoring with an audacious spot-kick. Despite his tireless prompting, however, Zidane was unable to pick up the second FIFA World Cup winner's medal of a glittering career and was sent from the field in extra time for butting Marco Materazzi in the chest.
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Grizzly(m): 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2006
yeah right,
i think u meant golden head!! grin
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by mukina2: 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2006
Grizz grizz glad u're back kiss
didnt miss you tho cry
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Grizzly(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2006
yeah right didnt miss me i know. . grin
i hope u miss henry insstead!! tongue
rolling over like some slowpoke angry grin lipsrsealed
At least some medal around his neck. . he he he!! grin
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by mochafella(m): 10:12pm On Jul 10, 2006
Would have liked to see a defender win it i.e. Cannavaro, but at least we all know why Zizou is bald.
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by kitaun(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2006
kahn-goalkeeper 2002

cannavaro 2006 - defender - never
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Grizzly(m): 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2006
what exactly do u mean kitaun? cool
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by jgirl3: 12:03am On Jul 11, 2006
That's it! I love zizou - he deserved that award
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by elile99(m): 12:25am On Jul 11, 2006
Yes,  Zizou deserves the award,  He'd been playing well right from their match against Spain,  that Italalian guy called Matress (Materazzi),  called Zidane a Dirty Arab Terrosist  God knows if I was Zidane I would have beaten the Sh!t out of that guy, I DONT JUST KNOW WHEN RACISM WOULD END embarassed,  Anyway Zidane still remains the best,

Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Grizzly(m): 1:47am On Jul 11, 2006
who cooked up that nasty "dirty terrorist" tale?! angry eh? angry
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by jgirl3: 1:50am On Jul 11, 2006
I heard on ESPN that the idiot dissed zizou's mom but with that kind of incident, all kinds of rumours are bound to circulate
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Grizzly(m): 1:55am On Jul 11, 2006
zizzous moooooom!!!! shocked
oh spare me. .
who's tellin all these lieeeezzzzz!!!!
just in the space of time he held zizzou?, he called him a "dirty terrorist", bald head, dissed his momma, ?!!
what language was he speaking? undecided
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by jgirl3: 1:57am On Jul 11, 2006
english? undecided smiley Apparently, the idiot had been talking to him for a long time b4 zizou reacted.
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Priscila(f): 9:48am On Jul 11, 2006
News from CNN says Materrazi used a french term which refers to Algerian Immigrants in France which Frenchmen use to racially abuse the likes of Zidane.
Believe me Mongoloid Materrazi says he did not know the meaning at all!
For sure they planned that night before the game to abuse blacks in French team so that they could lose their cool

Now, I back Zidane and he could have added a blow to the loud mouth for him to get fits.
I wish the butt was a bit violent.
The same Italy fought USA in pitch. Shame on them
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by nightrider: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2006
kola

i've been busy. i'm just getting some free time now. unbelievably i really missed you guys. wheres skintite and hucarson
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by mukina2: 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2006
Grizzly:

zizzous moooooom!!!! shocked
oh spare me. .
who's tellin all these lieeeezzzzz!!!!
just in the space of time he held zizzou?, he called him a "dirty terrorist", bald head, dissed his momma, ?!!
what language was he speaking? undecided

grizz angry angry angry angry angry angry stop hatin
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by Izzo(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2006
Re: Zizou Wins The Golden Ball by elile99(m): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2006
The Thing is That He Has Won it, And its Final,

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Sunderland [0 - 0] On Saturday, 5th March 2011 / England Vs Italy ( International Friendly Match) / Liverpool Vs Sunderland (1 - 1) On Saturday 13th August 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.