Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs (41812 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by texazzpete(m): 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2008
joichi:

Thanks alot girls!
especially Ujujoan, biolabee, Gucci_Babe. You girls r d best.
Biolabee, my mum would probably kill me if she knws all tis. wink
She'ld insult my life. Also, my folks r not directly involved wit our rtnships so they don't knw anytin about him. u'ld all agree he's not exactly d type 2 take home 2 "dad" or mama, whatever d case might be.
Thnk u all 4 ur contributns. rily 'preciate them all.
i think my mind is made up now. Lik u said, y shortchange myself when i can hv beta in d way of affection, & all. grin

The Guy's dragging you back.
Dump him ASAP.
I have a friend who was in this kind of situation. . .her bf was not so much of a leech, but extremely uncomfortable with the fact that she was working and he wasn't, and he was scared stiff about her buying a car. . .probably thought it would show upo the earning gap.
Move off and find someone new while you're still young enough to do so  grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by deept(m): 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2008
i wnt somone i can grow wit in all aspects of our lifes

Yet he's never spent a DIME on my people. NEVA even bought "coke" or even sweet 4 anyone in my hse. He claims he is FOREVA BROKE yet encourages me 2 spend on his family & on him.

Mayb he does feel somtin 4 me,  i wldn't doubt that, but somtimes i think datz d only reason he's wit me.

financially, he's not mature, not ambitious

the above are excerpts fromn your posts and if I were a woman would give me cause for concern. Its the rest of your life you are tal;king about. Yes he might not have it all together now but what is he doing about his situation? this will tyell you how serious he is.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by tintin3: 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2008
Your guy should go and find something to do. How can a 31 year old MAN be depending on you. I know how  things can be @times but he should wake up. If @ this age he cannot do anything for you expect to ask you for money and he still complains then there is a big problem with your man. You talk about having good sex and you forget that there is more to have than just 10-20mins of pleasure. A man that can't take care of his family is worse than an slowpoke, is this the kind of man you want to hang around. I am a guy and I know there are alot of irresponsible men that tend to do this and it is entirely wrong. Wake up and begin to smell the coffee ,you are very young and have a long and bright future ahead of you.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Hannibal: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2008
Ujujoan:

Hannibal
WHen I say it's evwerywhere, I don't mean everybody!! I mean its not that hard to fine. Beseides I still insist the guys's too expensive. And good sex's not enough reason to tie yourself down to an irresponsible guy.

You never know. . . . . .
Rich women shag their drivers, gardeners for good sex.

So he has a reason to be irresponsible,  thats okay, but not in her life. He should look for someone else to be irresponsible to. I don't think a hard working girl should take that from any man. Men hate gold diggers, why should a lady tolerate that in a man.

Men put up with this 9 times out of 10. . . . .Letz indulge this dude until he gets a job.
Everyone keep saying he should dump him ASAP. . . . What is to say the next geezer won't be worse??

you don't get it do you. The guy's not dome dued who's just out of job and is deperatelyv trying to meet up to his responsibility. This guy's a someone dating a girl young enough to be his baby sister and dosent think its wrong to milk her dry. He uses the 'wife' thing on her when he knows he'll probably not marry her. He thinks his needs should come first before hers. . . He dosent have any qualms about her spending extravagently on him and his family. C'mon give me a break!! The girl's better off without him.

You seem to know more about this guy than the OP. . . . .  grin cheesy
The poster said he used to have a job before he lost it. . . . . .It shows he can be responsible if he wants to.
I think the babe should work hard and use her connections to get this guy a job.
Why are we comfortable with jobless women but we go gung ho when a man is jobless?? I thunk we are in the era of sex equality.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by opsydudu(m): 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2008
WTF??

why do women find it difficult to break up with a broke ass guy that satisfy your sexual needs.

if it is about sex, continue the relationship with him

pay him and take care of him while you get in return great sex from him.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by vikiviko(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2008
wHY ARE U EXPOSING YOUR BOY FRIEND TO US.

ANYWAYS I HAVE A JOB FOR THE GUY IF HE'S READY TO BE ADVERT EXECUTIVE.

AM SURE U LOVE HIM, HOW DO U THINK HE WILL FEEL READING THIS POST ABOUT HIS INABILITY TO SATISFY YOU.

ONE THING IS SURE IS EITHER U LOVE HIM OR NOT , HE STILL REMAINS A MAN SOME OTHER LADIES ARE WISHING TO DATE.

SO BE SURE OF YOUR FELINGS
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by yongbabe(f): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2008
*rollz eyez*
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by zheroes(m): 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2008
vikiviko:

wHY ARE You EXPOSING YOUR BOY FRIEND TO US.

ANYWAYS I HAVE A JOB FOR THE GUY IF HE'S READY TO BE ADVERT EXECUTIVE.

AM SURE You LOVE HIM, HOW DO You THINK HE WILL FEEL READING THIS POST ABOUT HIS INABILITY TO SATISFY YOU.

ONE THING IS SURE IS EITHER You LOVE HIM OR NOT , HE STILL REMAINS A MAN SOME OTHER LADIES ARE WISHING TO DATE.

SO BE SURE OF YOUR FELINGS

exactly what i was about to say! you obviously dont love him! DUMP HIM then! who knows he might just come to his senses. do you think everyone here telling you to dump him is better than your boyfriend, i dont think so, be wise, its shameful to collect from a lady anyway, and making it look like he's entitled to it, if it bothers you this way then you dont love him.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Queenisha1: 6:50pm On Sep 22, 2008
She logged off before answering my simple question.

If the guy just recently lost his job,I don't think it's enough reason to dump him if he's a great guy.She must have benefited from his handouts too while he was working.
Women have this tendency to cry foul when the tables are turned meanwhile they'll have no problems chopping off the guy in his good times.
Hopefully you can also graciously accept it when you get dumped by the new boyfriend,should you lose your job.

!f the guy has never worked since you knew him,why complain now?
You obviously knew his financial situaton before accepting his hand of lovership grin
You got into the relationship with a 31 year old unemployed man,you can get out when you're no longer able to support him.
Personally I would not have dated an unemployed 31 year old man talk less of handing out money not just to him but his family also.
This guy is just a boyfriend,not even a fiancee.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by StephenP(m): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2008
I guess that just means you have an awful taste in men.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Hannibal: 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2008
_Queenisha:

She logged off before answering my simple question.
If the guy just recently lost his job,I don't think it's enough reason to dump him if he's a great guy.She must have benefited from his handouts too while he was working.
Women have this tendency to cry foul when the tables are turned meanwhile they'll have no problems chopping off the guy in his good times.
Hopefully you can also graciously accept it when you get dumped by the new boyfriend,should you lose your job.

I could french-kiss you for the highlighted statement. wink wink wink wink
That was brilliant.

!f the guy has never worked since you knew him,why complain now?
You obviously knew his financial situaton before accepting his hand of lovership grin
You got into the relationship with a 31 year old unemployed man,you can get out when you're no longer able to support him.
Personally I would not have dated an unemployed 31 year old man talk less of handing out money not just to him but his family also.
This guy is just a boyfriend,not even a fiancee.

The poster should hang in there and stop moaning.
It's either he met this dude jobless OR the dude lost his job in the course of their relationship.
Either way, i don't think this dude has done any wrong. This babe musta enjoyed some goodies from the guy in the past.
It's payback time. grin cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by StephenP(m): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2008
Hannibal:

The poster should hang in there and stop moaning.
It's either he met this dude jobless OR the dude lost his job in the course of their relationship.
Either way, i don't think this dude has done any wrong. This babe musta enjoyed some goodies from the guy in the past.
It's payback time. grin cheesy

LOL @ payback time
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by sylve11: 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2008
My dear consider it this way that he's not spending anything on you, it's really bad. He's 31 and you re just 24, he ought to be the one taking care of you and not you taking care of him, but remember that to every thing there is a reason and i think the reason is what you have stated clearly that he's jobless, but as a hustling man he's suppose to get that straight to his head that you r a woman and you r under his care, He should be ashame of that. Don't think that when you leave him now may be later he may become wealthy after securing a job or so, don't be afraid of that; causing you not leave him, for hope is a better companion than fear'' so leave him and move on my dear if you think you can but remember that to every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. Wait, wait, wait, so you mean he's unemployed and you accepted him at the first place? I think this guy might have spent fews on you if not wholly in the past so take it easyt. Did i hear you said sex? that he's a dog? Women need that doggy ability to move on, k. My conclusion is that he's a lazy man and no food for lazy daft, becareful pretty. Bu
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by tundysho(m): 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2008
@poster

You are simply materialistic oriented.Because the guy can not spend for you due to the fact that he does not have a job,then you come to the public to expose his entire negative side,which i believe you too have your bad side, which you have refused to mention here.You thiink you can just throw one man away to get another tomorrow,it migt not be dat easy.THINK AGAIN (national geogarphic).You could become miserable for the rest of your life for not getting another man.That he does not have today doesnt mean he wont have forever.Is he not educated,if yes then he has a prospect of getting a job soon,dont focus your attention on what is obtainable now,think about the future.I have so many female friend that regreted ever leaving thier last boy friend cos they never came across another man.Relationships should not be based on trivials things like the one u just talked about-.If that is what you look out for in men,then sorry,you may not get far in any relationship.Forget all these people(Ujujoan, biolabee, Gucci_Babe).advicing You ,you dont know these people and they simply dont have good intentions for you.

REMEMBER,GOOD GUYS ARE SCARCE THESE DAYS.A word is enough for the wise
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Sisikill: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2008
He is good in bed, you say?

Well just think of it as paying him for services rendered.

Men have being doing that for years, so why not?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by WarfyBoy(m): 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2008
SWIT HAT, PLS I _STAND UR STORY BUT I WILL LIKE YOU TO ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS FOR ME

ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN? IF YES THEN TALK TO GOD AND LET HIM DIRECT YOU ON WHAT TO DO, HUMAN BINS R NT GOD

IF YOU ARE MY SISTER I WOULD ADVICE FORCE U TO LEAVE HIM, OR RATHER FORCE HIM TO LEAVE U ALONE, BT GOD HAVE THE FINAL SAY

PLEASE BE PATIENT AND LET GOD HELP YOU OUT, HE MIGHT JUST BE THE MR. RITE GOD MADE FOR YOU, BUT YOU DIDN'T LET US KNO IF HE IS A GRADUATE OR MECHANIC, AT LEAST YOU HE SHUD AV HIS OWN FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION.

DON'T DO WHAT YOU WILL REGRET IN D FUTURE, I WLD NT BE HERE TO ADVICE U ON HW TO WIN HIM BACK IF HE TURNS OUT TO BE YOUR GOD MADE HUSBAND

TAKE CARE
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by UNLEASHED(m): 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2008
Warfy Boy:

SWIT HAT, PLS I _STAND UR STORY BUT I WILL LIKE YOU TO ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS FOR ME

ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN? IF YES THEN TALK TO GOD AND LET HIM DIRECT YOU ON WHAT TO DO, HUMAN BINS R NT GOD

IF YOU ARE MY SISTER I WOULD ADVICE FORCE You TO LEAVE HIM, OR RATHER FORCE HIM TO LEAVE You ALONE, BT GOD HAVE THE FINAL SAY

PLEASE BE PATIENT AND LET GOD HELP YOU OUT, HE MIGHT JUST BE THE MR. RITE GOD MADE FOR YOU, BUT YOU DIDN'T LET US KNO IF HE IS A GRADUATE OR MECHANIC, AT LEAST YOU HE SHUD AV HIS OWN FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION.

DON'T DO WHAT YOU WILL REGRET IN D FUTURE, I WLD NT BE HERE TO ADVICE You ON HW TO WIN HIM BACK IF HE TURNS OUT TO BE YOUR GOD MADE HUSBAND

TAKE CARE

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by victorian(f): 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2008
@ poster, please dump the guy, cause even if he gets rich tomrrow, which i doubt ecept by sheer luck or grace of God, he wont remeber all your efforts to satisfy his needs. Why should well to do babes put up with guys that are golddiggers? Abeg start complaining about lack of money which you r using on a new project and you will notice the guy will withdraw from you when a dime is not coming his way anymore. Think babe, think wise and stop being his puppet.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by SamMilla1(m): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2008
98 % of ladies in Nigeria there rely on boys for money.
So you girls actually believe that its our responsibility to sponsor your needs.
He has no job. Thats why he relies on you. No guy likes women to spend for him. Believe me.
Keep helping him. Meanwhile i believe you love him, you said you dont know if you love him or not because he has no money, which also makes me suspicious of your personality. You could be one of this money girls.

Encourage him to get a job, help him too if you can and dont put money ahead.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by bastrin(f): 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2008
angry angry angry angry angry thankx for wastin my time dis sis a stupid thread. angry angry angry angry
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by arianne(f): 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2008
@sam milla- u made quite some sense there.

am not against a guy being broke, it is not a crime u can be convicted of

am to against him being jobless, we all know out there its tough

but i am against a guy not tryin or makin progessive n consistent effort to breakthrough,especially when he chooses to smother the hen layin the golden eggs.

@poster- u alone know what ur goin thru, theres a sayin that its easier to drag someone down than to pull someone up, if he doesnt want to man up and be responsible, let him go before he becomes the rain that will drown u.

love is a choice! wink
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by rampagain: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2008
SAM MILLA:

98 % of ladies in Nigeria there rely on boys for money.
So you girls actually believe that its our responsibility to sponsor your needs.
He has no job. Thats why he relies on you. No guy likes women to spend for him. Believe me.
Keep helping him. Meanwhile i believe you love him, you said you don't know if you love him or not because he has no money, which also makes me suspicious of your personality. You could be one of this money girls.

Encourage him to get a job, help him too if you can and don't put money ahead.

speak for yourself sam,because u r very wrong

and stop asking her to give d guy a chance,because u r very much deceiving her

stop deceiving her
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by inspiredm(m): 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2008
Its a give & take issue here,

You give him Good Money, He gives you Good Sex, thats it. Keep doing that till you get a Better Guy.

Basic Instinct tells that You Give Good Sex Only when you're Happy. Ive never heard of a Sad Good Sex

cool cool
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by A40(m): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2008
I would have called the dude a gigolo but he is slightly older than you grin but gosh at 31 i would play the devil's advocate here and tell you to dump him quick fast or at least give him an ultimatum
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Queenisha1: 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2008
A-40:

I would have called the dude a gigolo but he is slightly older than you grin but gosh at 31 i would play the devil's advocate here and tell you to dump him quick fast or at least give him an ultimatum

Like what?
get a job today today or be gone?
LOL
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Agboola1(m): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2008
try and starve him off fund for a while to know his true colour
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by rampagain: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2008
if i was married to this guy,and then along d way he falls into d hands of financial difficulties,i will gladly help

if i was dating him,and then he gets broke,i wouldnt want to leave d relationship because of d finance,but i will if and i repeat if d guy sees it as "girl its ur right to take care of me,afterall u r going to be my wife"  then im walking d hell out

watch out and see if that guy will remain wt u when he makes it
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Queenisha1: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2008
come o
where does this unemployed lover live?
In his mother's house?
at 31?
Lord have mercy!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Hannibal: 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2008
_Queenisha:

come o
where does this unemployed lover live?
In his mother's house?
at 31?
Lord have mercy!

50% of Naija boys stay in their mother's house till they get married.
The women are worse. . . . .None of em moves out until marriage UNLESS they happen to be working far away from their family.
Blame it on the economy, abeg.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by KarmaMod(f): 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2008
a 31yrs old depending on a 24yrs old is very worrying
please dump his ass and move on.
My conclusion is based on the fact that he relies on you not just because he demands money for his upkeep or thereabout.

Save the money you are spending on him for your future because, when he does eventually get a job the probability of him cheating on u is somewhat high (again an assumption based on the fact that he probably likes you for the monetary things you provide) and if it does happen you Will probably curse the whole generation of men in this world and in turn find it hard for your heart to heal.

Best advice, bar none.

Dude's a loser let him go.

Osisi, if the thing was just recent, she would have mentioned that he tries to look for a job. i didnt see any of that in her post. Point is he roams aeround looking for scraps from a junior. Disgraceful

as for the lame "things may change tomorrow" rubbish, for how long should she wait for things to change? Til she's 40 and then when things do change he suddenly realizes that she's too old and then trades her in for someone else?

joichi, ignore those trying to make you stagnant. Move foward, that guy isnt helping you.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Queenisha1: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2008
rampagain:

if i were to be married to this guy,and then along d way he falls into d hands of financial difficulties,i will gladly help

if i were to be dating to him,and then he gets broke,i wouldnt want to leave d relationship because of d finance,but i will if and i repeat if d guy sees it as "girl its ur right to take care of me,afterall u r going to be my wife"  then im walking d hell out

watch out and see if that guy will remain wt u when he makes it

jenny I'm with you here.
I wouldn't walk out on a husband or fiancee or even a boyfriend that falls on hard times as long as he's making efforts towards getting a job.
Then again,I wouldn't with my korokoro eyes seek to be entangled with a jobless man.
No money no love. grin lipsrsealed
I wish I knew what this lady's situation was.
Was he unemployed from the get go?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2008
Hey, we want equal treatment abi?
So, why can't women wear the pant in the r/ship for once?
Don't complain, lemme see that bright smile wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

She Broke Up With Me Because Of Oyibo Man She Hasn't Met / Man Sends Death Threats To Lady Who Dumped Him After They Had Sex / Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.