Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs (41810 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by romeo(m): 6:47pm On Sep 23, 2008
Don't dump him just because you earn a poor salary! Dump him for not loving you or for not caring, No one knows tomorrow
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by tRoOE(f): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2008
[size=13pt]this story na fake jare
this girl dey fool u people, how much is she making herself
If she's supporting the guy, herself, his family, how much is left to pay the bills undecided
I don't believe this cooked up yarn jare
[/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by kennylag: 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2008
my dear, if u lurv him, why do u want to dump him? pls dont. my simple advice for u is that keep loving him and try as hard to talk with him and see how both of u could look for a job for him. like the said, the devil u know is beter that the angel u dont know, who knows if the giy u want to dump him for, will destroy ur heart with playing you and other girls and at the end give u hiv. please my dear, just try and work out things with him. just try and think with him on what he can do and what ur money can start for him, pls do it. dont worry dear. everything will be fine. i promise u that, even if he does not get married to u, God will reward ur kindness with a sweet and beter man, becos his parent are praying for you already and I believe their is a reason u r in his life and family life. u can talk to me on this if u need more from me 018163730 or 08027580617 am ken.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Chookym(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2008
@poster

leave him alone and face yr life. if he was asking for himself alone that will be understandable but to make u also spend for his family is like he is using u. run b4 its too late. , let him get a bigger job tomorrow, thats not yr problem . think about yrself first. u have land, shares , yr own family etc to invest on, too. a man that has pride (or should I say shame)will not make u spend for his family while he is not spending on yrs,to me thats riduiculuos. this is my opinion sha.
Girl look b4 u leap. But if u feal u cant leave him like that, then stop spending on Him and watch his reaction for sometime. That will show u if he wants u for money and sex and not love.
wish u luck. The truth about relationships is that there is no straight forward answer to everything. The way it works for one may not be the way it works for another, but in this case am yet to see LOVE in it. If u find there is no true love from him , QUIT.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by georgee(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2008
Gamine:

Mr Georgee

Who are you? undecided

Got a problem, take it up with me eh.

Maybe i ignored Your Yahoo Request undecided

e no reach to enter pesin like this na.

Send me the Request again, i will accept this time smiley
What do u mean i shuld send u my yahoo request agian, this beef is a lot more than that.
been following most of your responses on very sensitive issues like this, and the impression i get is so damn annoying that i begin to wonder to myself "how old u really are"
it is because of replies like yours that posters of threads say somethn like ""please if u dnt av any meaningful/reasonable contribution to make, please stay away""
look u need 2 prove to me that u are up to 16yrs old, even my 3yr old niece read this post and felt for the poster not to talk of a 14yr old
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Gamine(f): 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2008
If you came across as Someone with just an iota of sense

i may have given you audience.

But your case is very sad.

Pity

undecided undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by rampagain: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2008
Gamine:

If you came across as Someone with just an iota of sense

i may have given you audience.

But your case is very sad.

Pity

undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Dimaya: 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2008
listen girl, i think you've got a serious problem on your hands, and God help you, break off the relationship, buti guess you're too scared of what would happen if you break up, if the sex is so good, then you might as well pay him for the sex whenever you need it and get the hell out of there, i'm a guy and i'll tell you something definitely thatif a guy is playing these types of games with you, he's not gonna marry you as a wife, don't say you weren't warned, It's me Dimaya
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by cyrusdevir(m): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2008
my dear, for me it depends on what u want as a person. its applicable to both sexes. i guess he is pulling u backward which is  not supposed to be and bear in mind that both of u don't think alike, let me explain.

if u bring a person (male or female) that is working and also (male or female) thats not working,,,, the reasoning or thinking is not and can't be the same,

Go look for ur pedigree thats the way i do my own things, won't even tell u anytin but rather start demanding from u which will make u uncomfrotable or think twice b4 demandin from me again,

i face does that have contributed immensely ( ur parent n siblings) and if u really want anytin from me then she  must then start contributing to gain from me, apart from that u take care of urself which will attract the people of ur pedigree.

(ITS HAS BEEN WORKING FOR ME AND STILL WORKING) DON'T BE SURPRISE I DO THAT BE ITS REAL.

by doing this u r trying to get what u want, IF U WANT THE BEST , INSIST ON THE BEST AND U WILL SURELY GET IT,

I DON'T BELIEVE IN RELATIONSHIP OR MARRIAGE  WITHOUT MONEY, THATS Y WE R EDUCATED SO PRATICE WHAT U READ AND GET THE MONEY,

IT DEPENDS ON THE WAY U WISH TO LEAVE UR LIFE. I HATE SURE WITH PASSION. SIMPLE
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Leilah(f): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2008
where is the poster from? is she a white woman or something?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by heather(f): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2008
i think u should dump this guy cos he has nothing to offer, all he is after is the money. as it is very obvious and wen the u cant afford to give him wat he wants he treats u like shit.

i know wat am talking about cos i have been there just dump him and carry on with ur life forget about the sex thing cos this is ur life u are talking about
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by romeo(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2008
Leilah:

where is the poster from? is she a white woman or something?

I think she is something cheesy cheesy cheesy

Next thing will be if the guy is Igbo man!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Uche2nna(m): 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2008
lol
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by rheel: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2008
my dear,
just take it easy, but that man does not love you, for christ sake there are million and one things he can do with hismself to earn some money, if he didnt marry you, wont he feed and care for his family. its high time u start insisting he get a job cos if you have to give again, he will get an alternative.
goodluck
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by laruuu: 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2008
Am xtremly gutted by d way u reason.Frm ur mail,I cld c d only tin u ar enjoyin wit him is the sex.Anybody can giv u a gud Bleep if thats all u care abt.Leav him b4 its too late.By d tim he gets a job,he's going to jilt u and hav u ever thot abt dis?he's actualy spending the money u ar givin him on som1 else.dnt get me wron,der is nothin bad in helpin out bt I can feel he's exploitin u and au do u intend to cope in d marriag?he is d typ that wld be using his mind to calculat au u spend ur salary.Half a word is enuf 4d wise
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by ogbongzky(m): 2:24am On Sep 24, 2008
get in contact with me and you worry no more, will try as much as i can to satisfy you both financially and in bed, lol
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by suprted(m): 4:08am On Sep 24, 2008
its always a mistake to share finances if you're not in a committed relationship i.e. engaged/married.

why should i spend money on a girl or vice-versa that i'm not sure about yet.

its not even a gender role thing, anyone who has no respect for themselves that they just beg willy nilly needs to be told where to walk.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by GucciBabe(f): 5:49am On Sep 24, 2008
@ Joichi

Hey  how r u?  Mehn take it easy on yourself,  some  People here just talk and don't feel,  so you have to ignore the not so nice comments,
Why is everyone acting like they don't have guilty pleasures? and to the people that feel is not a true story. I see a lot of sincerity and anger in her post. Why would she make up such a story. My advice to you is this.   At the end of the day you wanted opinion and advices, you got the positive and the negative. which simply is the same   feeling you had/have before coming on Nairaland. Do what is  best for you,   "The only person you should never disappoint is yourself".
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by donjon: 6:28am On Sep 24, 2008
D guy is only what u can call a parasite!
When u dump him, watch how quickly he will attach himself to anoda girl.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by lacrimose(f): 7:00am On Sep 24, 2008
ok, this is interesting

Jeez, See People trying to hook up with you (guys dropping their numbers/email address real quick), maybe you can substitute your bf with some1 on Nairaland.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Scopium: 7:41am On Sep 24, 2008
[size=13pt]Dump the guy and keep his bed adventures wink wink[/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by benbenards(m): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2008
do u no wat i feel from a guy's point of view i believe he is just taking of advantage of u, if he really loves u he wud do every thing possible to better his situation and take care of u and not the other way round. deny him this your largesse and u wud see that he wud start showing u his true side. my dear pls leave him b4 it becomes to late cos this guy does not love you.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by kakaya: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2008
Hey Babe, the bottom line is that you are being sentimental, what i think should matter to you is your future. incase you dont know, this is the ultimate decision you will ever make, you may think you're still young, i tell you, you're not. he is not ambitious &,

i guess you should wait for him to get a job and then see how much he'll perform, then if you decede to leave him having a job already, the being 'pompous' issue would'nt be there.

Goodluck Babes!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Builder: 9:46am On Sep 24, 2008
Too much Mills&Boom
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by allboyz(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2008
I sincerely don't blv the fact that ladies tends to spend the money this days in any relationship, hey i don't mean they stay in for the guy's money, No! what i mean is that they tend to spend their money on buying sumthing for the guy like his perfume,socks and other lesser things, but feeding the guy's family, aba,NO, its not done anywhere in Nigeria here.

its my own kindest opinion anywhere and its based on what i see.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by akaa(f): 10:22am On Sep 24, 2008
girl you hv to dump the man ok, he is not meant for you, and he is not ready to change
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Shaunscot(m): 10:27am On Sep 24, 2008
Its obvious you feel nothing for this guy.

In as much as I would have advised you walk,it would make you feel better if you actually knew how the guy feels about you.

Try to starve him of the income(I mean deprive him of any money) and watch his reaction.

In my opinion, he is just being lazy.

You dont have to have a job to survive.A responsible guy would look for means to earn whatever he can even if its to be able to 'talk' in a relationship.

My 2 cents.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Easybaby(f): 10:53am On Sep 24, 2008
if u need any company, feel free 2 mail me or better still u can add me up on Y! and lets talk.
u can get my yahoo ID on my profile, am always less busy in the office frm 3pm upwards.

hmmm . . .maybe, her boyfriend number too undecided cheesy grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by El(m): 11:16am On Sep 24, 2008
Ur man depends on u financially?? And u come on the internet to say it? D'u think u're the first chick in that position? U should be happy ur not one of those 99.9% over-dependent Nigerian girls, who want a man, not for emotional or otherwise security, but for material things he culd do for them. So he doesnt have a job, nor income, was he like dat when u met him? And u must've stuck with him this long, for a reason. U must share something special, other than the good sex, no? Relationships are meant to be a two-way street, one hand compliments the other, and if ur the one doing all the scratching now, then welcome to the club, maybe u'll appreciate what guys dating nigerian girls are going thru.

If indeed it feels good being with him, then hold on to that which u have, instead of looking for a perfect guy, with riches, cos its a very hard one, finding a guy like that, plus the icing on top. stay with him, support his dream, and one day, the whole thing'll turn around. trust me luv, good men are hard to find these days. And remember, no matter how long a nite is, there must come the dawn. Make e no be say na when u dump the guy, im go wax, no follow all these girls for naija. If na them get guy at their beck-and-call, wey go depend on them, them for no mind to wear the pants. For all ladies that've never felt like the man in a relationship, try it sometime, it feels good. wink
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Bolajiosho: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2008
A blind love is infatuation, so u know what u are doing better than i do. but i will advice u back out of such relationship cuz the end might not be pleasing.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by opuro(m): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2008
what a man can do, woman can do better
do it and dont complain
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by xammy(m): 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2008
hi, how do u want it? i'm handsome, cooooooool, luvin, caring, i know the right spot and i'm not jobless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

She Broke Up With Me Because Of Oyibo Man She Hasn't Met / Man Sends Death Threats To Lady Who Dumped Him After They Had Sex / Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.