Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? (8510 Views)

MTN 3G Disconnects Intermitently Using Droid VPN On Android Devices / What Is Wrong With Mtn 3g Internet? / Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by shoggy24(m): 10:48am On Sep 23, 2008
So i am home for a 2 months visit and the search for a decent internet connection brought me to MTN 3G, this is after i have tried starcomms, Visafone visasurf and a bunch of annoying WIFI spots, all money and effort was wasted until i bought the MTN USB fastlink modem which turn out to be very fast (when you 3G connection), yes the data limit thing sucks but i believe that has been covered in another thread.
My main problem is the MTN fastlink cannot browse some network. I was unable to get on or browse some of my servers and if i plugged in my starcomm and visafone i can access this networks. One the network Fastlink is having problem with is any COX communication network in the states and this is a large network used by a lot of web server. So i am curious to know if i am the only one, can anyone try using their MTN fastlink to browse this website cox.com or this computerease.ca, because they are not coming up for me . Maybe its a DNS issue on my laptop or there is a routing issue with MTN network on Lagos Island.

And is there actually such a thing as MTN customer care? i have tried numerous times in numerous ways to contact them (includes going to their office) but to no avail.
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by flyuche(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2008
i can't open the mtn website. lol
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by shoggy24(m): 6:46pm On Sep 23, 2008
I have noticed their website is often offline than online but i can open it now. I have learned to use this website http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com because using MTN, you are not sure which website is actually down or up.
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by inze(m): 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2008
try using proxy or an anonymous browser
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by flyuche(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2008
i am not surprised that mtnonline.com is inaccessible using mtn3G because some folks in the phone section has been claiming they browse free from that site.

1 Like

Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by ogbongzky(m): 12:26am On Sep 26, 2008
in as much as its Nigeria IP, then bet you will have some restrictions and wont be able to access some websites, for you to be able to access it via starcomms, then its likely to be a DNS thing, but i will just advice you to use socks or proxy tunnelling
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by shoggy24(m): 12:11am On Sep 27, 2008
But will proxy help with connection to remote desktop and a citrix server?
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by gigabytes: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2008
Pls can someone clear me on this, I used mtn f@stlink usb mini modem (yellow type) from mtn. the older version with gprs/edge type. Now, can i use same usb modem for 3.5g/hsdpa? and what speed is edge itself? is it up to 3.5g or hsdpa equivalent? thanks.
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by flyuche(m): 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2008
gigabytes:

please can someone clear me on this, I used mtn f@stlink usb mini modem (yellow type) from mtn. the older version with gprs/edge type. Now, can i use same usb modem for 3.5g/hsdpa? and what speed is edge itself? is it up to 3.5g or hsdpa equivalent? thanks.

MTN said something about EDGE, but right now you might not get EDGE in your area. if your modem does not support 3G, then you are left with gprs
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 09, 2009
angry angry angry angry angry angry MTN is fustrating me , can some one tell me why is it that when ever i am at Egbeda i dont see Hsdpa or Edge on my laptop and i am an heavy browser i have aparment of my own here , does that means i have to go to ikeja or vi and sleep or sit beside the road bejfore i could get 3G?, and can anyone tell me prefered network in this area, Thanks
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by Persona82(m): 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2009
Ok so I went for the bonanza E156G (8.5k) and I haven't been able to browse since then . MTN says I'm connected to 1 of the two IP addresses which is down at the moment. Can some1 plz confirm this

For knowledge sake, what is the difference b/w the older models of the usb stick E160G, E170G and the present 1 they're offering. Also What is the Capacity of the EDGE and Its Comparism with GPRS, HSPDA, 3G, 3.5G. Forgive My Ignorance, I just want to be in the know.
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by Druss(m): 8:28am On Dec 14, 2009
i have been having massive problems with my mtn internet for a while now. isps in Nigeria are sad ,  MTN's case is worse - even in SA they are losing customers

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=08502c62b807ae83c13b756f8dc28dfb&f=106
Re: Mtn 3g Fastlink Cannot Browse Some Website? by Saddam: 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2012

(1) (Reply)

HELP : INTEL Core Vs AMD : Which Is Better ? / Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria / My Confusion About Laptop Somebody Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.