Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education (4671 Views)

Lost The Paper To Claim My Visa Via Theft In Hotel Room / Niaralanders In Dubai Pls. Get In Touch I Need A Job Before My Visa Expires. / Travel Plan For Bank Phb Staffs: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by pharuk: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2008
This is my testimony.
First I want to thank Funkybaby who gave me the last inspiration even though she thought it was a regular statement and everyone entirely in nairaland both old and new and infact future
I submitted on the 2nd of September and they told me to come back on the 24th but I just droped by on the 19th and Behold it was ready. And I got the visa. am ready to leave by tomorow
I must add that diligence perseverance, prayer where my watch word. And I thank God for everything
I used bankphb eloan and these were the documents, perhaps some one want to use it, but I must add, the bank dealt with me but I believe its worth it, coz I ended up contributing 80% of the laon wen the bank said 20%, there are too many shady fees
All I paid was 1000 GBP and no accommodation but I got a letter from the university
These are list of documents submitted in total
 VALID NIGERIAN PASSPORT (ECOWAS)
 ONE PASSPORT SIZED PHOTOGRAPH
 APPROPRIATE FEE RECEIPT
 COVER PAGE (1) EVIDENCE OF UNCONDITIONAL OFFER TO STUDY IN THE U.K (4-PAGES)
 COVER PAGE (2) EVIDENCE OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION (10-PAGES)
 COVER PAGE (3) EVIDENCE TO FUND EXPENSES (TUITION, ACCOMMODATION, FLIGHT TICKET AND LIVING EXPENSES) (13-PAGES)
 COVERPAGE (4) EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMODATION (1-PAGE)
 COVER PAGE (5) EVIDENCE OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION (5-PAGES)
 COVERPAGE (6) EVIDENCE OF RETURN AFTER STUDY (4-PAGES)
 COVERPAGE (7) ATTACHMENT OF OTHER SUPPOETING DOCUMENTS. (8-PAGES)
Total number of documents submitted forty-eight (48)
Let me break it down
1. EVIDENCE OF ACCEPTANCE FROM UNIVERSITY
Attached are documents to proof that I have secured a place in Sheffield Hallam University, U.K
 UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY TO STUDY MSC INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY, FULL TIME. SHOWING THE SCHOOL FEES 10,300 GBP AND 7000 GBP FOR ACCOMMODATION AND LIVING EXPENSES
 RECEIPT OF PAYMENT OF 1000GBP FROM THE UNIVESITY DATED 13TH AUGUST 2008
2. EVIDENCE OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
Attached are the following documents to proof my Academic qualifications
 West African Examination Council (W.A.E.C) JUNE 2001 CERTIFICATE
 National Examination Council
 Admission letter
 University of Maiduguri Statement of Result March (2006)
 Letter from Head of Department to confirm me as a student.
 Transcript of Academic Records
 National Youth Service Corps (N.Y.S.C) Certificate.

3. EVIDENCE OF PROFESIONAL QUALIFICATION
Attached are the following documents to proof my professional qualifications
 ORACLE CERTIFICATE APRIL 2008
 NIIT STATEMENT OF RESULT
 ORACLE CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE (OCA) EXAMINATION RESULT APRIL 2008
 ORACLE CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL (OCP) EXAMINATION RESULT JUNE 2008
 AFRIHUB ICT SOLUTIONS LETTER OF PROOF OF EXAM WRITTEN ON APRIL 2008
4. EVIDENCE TO FUND EXPENSES (TUITION, ACCOMMODATION, FLIGHT TICKET AND LIVING EXPENSES)
I took a Bank PHB education Loan, the bank would be responsible for the tuition, accommodation, flight ticket and living expenses, out of which the upkeep allowance will be disbursed quarterly.
Attached are the following documents
 Bank PHB offer letter
 Bank PHB letter of Financial Guarantee
 Receipt from Sheffield Hallam university of the initial 1000 GBP deposit.
 Telex confirmation of the deposit of 1000GBP
Sheffield Hallam University Budget planner
5. EVIDENCE OF RETURN AFTER STUDY
The course MSC INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY is a Full-Time study and its start date is 16th September 2008 and the expected Graduation Date is November 2009 after which I would return to Nigeria where my family is and make myself available for the high demand of my profession (attached is a copy of vacancy relating to my proposed course)
I would also have to come back and signand terminate the loan taken.
Attached documents
 Vacancy from FMIT INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
6. EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation service at Sheffield Hallam University will only offer accommodation assistance to students who can provide evidence that they have been successful in obtaining a visa to study at Sheffield Hallam University.
Attached is a printout letter to support this claim, I received the letter from the accommodation department of Sheffield Hallam University dated 1st august 2008, it was scanned and emailed to me, so I just printed it out from my box and attached to this letter.
7. ATTACHMENT OF OTHER DOCUMENTS
Other documents attached include the following
 Affidavit of Declaration of Age
 Affidavit of addition of name
 Letter of identification from Delta state as an indigene
 Sheffield Hallam university Budget Planner
 Sheffield Hallam university course modules
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by yettidear(f): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2008
Congrats!!! i guess the eloan stuff isnt such a bad idea(if one can face the bank ooo)
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by showbobo(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2008
Good for you. . . . . smiley smiley
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by opensource(m): 10:45am On Sep 25, 2008
How much did you pay Bank PHP

is it 70% of the said school fees which is 10,000 pounds
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by presjany(f): 6:24am On Sep 26, 2008
Pharuk Congratssssssssssssss! The Bank Phb loan works because its was master-minded by British Council in Nigeria; and they work paripasu with the UK Embassy in Nigeria. One will have a better chance with Bank Phb eloan when it comes to Visas than using other Bank's education loans.
Congratszzzzz! It was worth it after all! cheesy cheesy
Hope U re in the UK now? grin
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by funkybaby(f): 11:52pm On Sep 28, 2008
@Pharuk

Congratulations smiley . Am glad that i was of help.

From the long list of documents you stated, your application was obviously well prepared for, thorough and detailed.

Wishing you the very best in your studies. Do try and pay off the Bank loan as soon as you can. . . . Just as you have stated, they have many shady fees and these fees can be increased at any time . . .

Cheers !
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by pharuk: 8:10am On Oct 02, 2008
thanks all,
the bank really had shady deals, they wont tell you all at the beginning, as u go they kip dropping it, but what matters was i got it after all,
the total amount of fees and everything was lyk 4.5m, they said they wld pay 80% as advertised but all they gave finally was 1.7m and 140k forflight, am not worried abt that since the repay back wont be cumbersome after all, besides i felt it was a sure way to get the visa.
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by pinkyz: 2:52am On Jun 23, 2009
Pls i need 2 b enlightnd abt bankphb educ.loan. cos am interested,but am scared.is it d 80% will be paid by me or am 2 paid 20% as d advertised?my school fees is GBP2000 and d livin exp is GBP 9600.so am confused.i dnt wnt start wht i cnt finish
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by olawise1: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2009
pls kindly put on, am interested in the bank phb education loan my email is sunnybrowny2k@yahoo.co.uk 08084352646
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by BETA2MOROW: 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2009
brothers n sisters,becareful with the bank loan issue in other for you not to be paying debt throughout your life time after you come bank from u.k in the nearest future,open your eyes we are nigerian here is our home we know way to track one down to collect all her wealth, give it a real think before you , into it.love u all
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by No2Atheism(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2009
@post, how come u posted something so detailed, are u doing marketting for bank phb or giving a testimony. Why not just give a summary of what u did and how u did it.

It really smells fishy that you are giving the details of everything u, its almost like you are trying to convince people to take Bank PhB loans which means u are either a Bank PhB staff doing marketting or someone else quite naive as to the dangers of using bank loans to study. Considering there is no guarantee you would ever be able to pay back the loan in the near future.

@others please be carefull about all these so called loans, banks always want to keep people in debt so as to guarantee a source of income for themselves for the duration of the debt repayment, hence pls look before you leap.

Infact i would not be suprised if some people are already regretting collecting Bank PhB loans.

A word is enough for the wise.

BETA2MOROW:

brothers n sisters,becareful with the bank loan issue in other for you not to be paying debt throughout your life time after you come bank from u.k in the nearest future,open your eyes we are nigerian here is our home we know way to track one down to collect all her wealth, give it a real think before you , into it.love u all

Banks are not charities
Banks are created to make money out of thin air
Banks always want you to be forever indebted to them

I am really worried for anyone who decides to pursue a career using bank loans, there would be no peace of mind and an ever growing debt.
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by BETA2MOROW: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2009
we are all looking 4 ways to secured a better 2morow,and that does nt mean we should go hookup with bank debt,here is not like other develop countries where one we take bank loan and sleep like a baby,if you ask that guy who suggest that bank loan collateral must involve i mean family property,so if he come back no way to run except to pay that huge amount of debt that will lead to high blood pressure in the nearest future pls dont allow anybody to put you in debt custody.bank are crazy
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by tayoTFC(m): 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2012
@pharuk,

i wonder if pharuk is back to settle his debt or he loan is one off such that was written off during the bank acquistion, now keystone bank,
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by tayoTFC(m): 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2012
@pharuk,

i wonder if pharuk is back to settle his debt or his loan is one off such that was written off during the bank acquistion, now keystone bank,
Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by pharuk: 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
tayoTFC: @pharuk,

i wonder if pharuk is back to settle his debt or his loan is one off such that was written off during the bank acquistion, now keystone bank,

Hi, Sorry for the prolonged silence..
I always had the money to pay back, the idea was to take the loan, apply and get to the uni, then pay back..
which was what happened, bank is dead now, and so xis my plan of coming back.

Settled and Happy

1 Like

Re: Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education by chukkynwob(m): 5:49am On Jul 21, 2013
pharuk:

Hi, Sorry for the prolonged silence..
I always had the money to pay back, the idea was to take the loan, apply and get to the uni, then pay back..
which was what happened, bank is dead now, and so xis my plan of coming back.

Settled and Happy

Were you able to secure a job after the Msc,I plan on taking d loan from keystone bank..I'm wondering if it's worth it

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Living In Abu Dhabi, Uae / Lagos New Domestic Airport - Need Info + Pics! / 400 Nigerian Prisoners In Turkey Wants Jonathan's Intervention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.