Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:19 AM

About Dog Meat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / About Dog Meat (2236 Views)

22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers / Is There Anything Wrong In Eating Dog Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Dog Meat by naijababe2(f): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2006
can you imagine that people eat dog meat? i'm not saying its bad o!! But you know its unfair! Dogs are supposed to be man's best friend. But what do you derive from it because i'm just curious?
Re: About Dog Meat by Eurphoria(f): 1:46am On Jul 13, 2006
Hiya

LoL, I totally know where you are coming from, but you heard the saying ''one man's meat is another's poison'' Right? Well some people like it some don't, some have dogs as pets and have a close affinity to them and can't conceive why anyone would want to eat them, some have Lizards as pets and others find them a delicacy. Its just one of those things, i don't turn my nose up at another's source of nourishment. You get me?
Re: About Dog Meat by Oracle(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2006

This is Dog meat, believe it or not.
Isn't it apetizing.
Re: About Dog Meat by iice(f): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2006
Oracle i soooo did not want to see a picture of that! lol but anyhow i've been around people who dog meat but i can't eat em coz i love dogs and i just cant bring myself to eat man's best friend cheesy
Re: About Dog Meat by ToddTerry: 11:02pm On Aug 30, 2006
how about simple common cat?
Re: About Dog Meat by Oracle(m): 6:08am On Sep 09, 2006
Iice, you may eat it
Re: About Dog Meat by iice(f): 8:20am On Sep 09, 2006
I really hope i dont.
Re: About Dog Meat by Makeda(f): 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2006
@Oracle
That is so nasty!! Nobody wants to see a picture of that. I can only think about poor Lassie when I see that plate of dog meat! Yuck!!
Re: About Dog Meat by Seun(m): 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2006
Why don't you feel the same way about rabbits, chickens and cows? Are they not animals too?
Re: About Dog Meat by hayprof(m): 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2006
Dog meat? Lai Lai not me!
But some pple[calabar] do eat it
Re: About Dog Meat by Oracle(m): 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2006
Seun:

Why don't you feel the same way about rabbits, chickens and cows? Are they not animals too?
Abi?
Seun, help me ask them ooh
Re: About Dog Meat by smilingjee(m): 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2006
Let me clearly state that animal rights protesters claim that it is not the practice of eating dog they are against but the way the animals are treated. According to some reports, the dogs are brutally beaten to stimulate their adrenalin before being killed as this is supposed to improve the taste of the meat.

I'll take my case back in time. When God created animals to include dog he commanded Adam probably the first eater of dog that all animals should serve as food except the blood (dog inclusive). Ever since dog meat has been in consumption. That its a good friend of man is no point here afterall we tamed them to be and this is peculiar to all animals. if i so desire i can tame the wildest of animal to be my friend. The fact that cows, donkeys, horses, just to mention a few can be men's friend does not mean they can't be consumed.

Koreans, Chinese and the French have good reasons and a rich culture of eating dogs. Take for example Korea/Japan 2002:
World Cup football fans in Korea were to be served free samples of cooked dog to convince them of its nutritional value and help overcome any cultural prejudices they may have over eating the animal.
The campaign is being launched by the National Dog Meat Restaurants Association, which is made up of around 150 restaurants in Korea that serve dog meat.

Please, don't forget that most people use dog meat in medicinal summer soups and stews, and to avoid heat.Even the steam makes people healthy which has over time have been scientifically proven.Back home in Naija, the consumption of dog cuts accross various ethnic groups especially the ibibios and Ondos. It is also widely known in Naija that "dog soup water dey cure fever".

Have u not heared of Dogmeat bread, Dogmeat cooky, Dogmeat hamburger, Dogmeat ham, Dogmeat sausage? If u kick against its consumption just because its man's best friend why do then do we use Dogmeat cosmetics Cream, essence and emulsion made from dog oil?

Abeggi, Dog meat sweet jo
why not give it a trial,
Re: About Dog Meat by minto(m): 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2008
My chinese friend told me if you eat dog meat you wont need your jacket much in the winter cause dog meat keeps you warm but I'm afraid my naija friend said if you eat dog meat, you go dey f**k around like dog. grin
Re: About Dog Meat by redsun(m): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2008
What is friendly about man?selfishness.One man's meat is another's poison.Eating and killing of any animal should be a necessity not game hunting,apparels making,fur coats or bull racing like the west do.
Re: About Dog Meat by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2008
I couldn't eat a dog or cat.  shocked That plate of meat stew is enough to give me nightmares.

Right now, I'm glad I don't eat beef or other red meat on a regular basis.

I find the idea of eating any sort of carnivore abhorrent. There ARE health implications too, eating an animal that feeds mainly on meat.
Re: About Dog Meat by redsun(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2008
All the magnificent whales killed in the name of science and delicacies.Dogs and cats are prone to cancer and terminal diseases this days because of all the chemically induced and process nonsense man is feeding them as pets.

Man,always altering.
Re: About Dog Meat by TOYOSI20(f): 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2008
I love dogs, don't think they are meant for consumption.
Re: About Dog Meat by doncaster(m): 9:47pm On Apr 27, 2008
Thats 404 as we use to call them meat.
very deli. with pammy
Re: About Dog Meat by dominique(f): 3:04pm On May 01, 2008
memories of my precious dog that was stolen for this barbaric,evil,inhumane purpose is now coming back, he was so cute and chubby and the calabar monsters had to steal him. woe onto them all, hope they choke on it.
ADIEU MICKY. . . STILL MISS YOU cry cry
Re: About Dog Meat by dominique(f): 3:08pm On May 01, 2008
that oracle pic has to be the most disgusting thing i've ever seen on a plate, looks like a plate of shit. why would anyone want to eat that. sick, sick, sick!!!!!!!!

Olorun maje. . . . God forbid!!!

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom & Cross River States Have The Best Food In Nigeria (can This Be True?) / Glitz And Sparkles Cakes And Event Planning Service / Cake Mixers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.