Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (64401 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by diyobdw(f): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2006
Thank you too cheesy cheesy
We can make them see by who we are though only Allah can give the understanding!
wink
I love Ayyatul Kursi too

It has work wonder for me!! cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Lamina(f): 10:20am On Jul 27, 2006
The Qur'an is a wonderful masterpiece, i love all the surahs
ma best, lets see, Suratul Qursiyu,Mulk,Yasin cool
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2006
Me, myself and I, cheesy

I like ur concern for our brethren in the middle-east. First we need to pray for them and then speak out whenever we can. As for learning the quran, you can visit this site they have a program for that www.searchtruth.com

May Almighty Allah continue to guide us all. Amen
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by zarah(f): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2006
How could i have forgotten SURATUL YUSUF it is one of the first surah's i came in contact with. you know why??

our teacher told us that prophet yusuf was so handsome during his days that, when he was passing by a group of women chopping vegetables once, they actually chopped their hands, and were bleeding but didn't notice it because they were all looking at him. and wondering if he was a human being! and we heard that people liked him alot because of his beauty.

so we read suratul yusuf into water or write it in washable ink, then wash it off and then use the water to wash our faces with every morning be4 we went to school, so that people will like us. isn't that sweet?

The importance of suratul yasin can never be over emphasised, it took me 1month to memorise it, but it's well worth it.
it is the heart of the Qur'an truly.

Yaasin
Wal Quranil hakeem
Inna kala minal mursalina ala siratin mustaqim
tanzilal azizir rahimi
litundhira qauman ma undhira abahum fahum ghafilun
laqad haqqal qaulu ala aktharihim fi hum la yu minun.

dats all now go read for urself, it's easiest when you have the tape and the book, you get the correct pronunciation, and the spelling, as usually words are not pronounced the way they are spelt. it helps realllyyyyy.

for those in lagos, pls is there anyone here who attends MICA? av been so desperate to join but no-one to give me imfo. any imfo will be truely appreciated.

jaza kallahul khairan.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by nuru(m): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2006
Zarah,

I cant help but laugh with your use of Surat Yusuf. I guess you must be pleased to see that your formulae works.

Let me say I love Surat Fathia too, One of my daughters is actually named Fatiat
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Awackson(m): 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2006
My best Ayat is Ayatul Kursiyyu, and Surarul: Ahad, Falak, Nas and Fatiha. Recite this 4[b][/b] Surah before you sleep 3 time each, Allah (S.W.A) would protect you against evil and Satan.

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Idekeson(m): 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2006
What is Ayah or Surah? Can it benefit me as a non-Muslim?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2006
surah 47.

4. Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah.s Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by memyself2(f): 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2006
Babyosisi, let it rest ok?
Idekeson, An ayah or Surah is the arabic name for verse or a part of the Qur'an like sayin verse 8 of Genesis(or summin like dt) etc in the bible.
Awackson, is dt ur child in that pic? awwww, she's cute and the picture is sweet.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Idekeson(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2006
babyosisi:

surah 47.

4. Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah.s Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.

Hmmmm. Strong motivation for zealots.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by nuru(m): 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2006
Its strong motivation for realists. Why would you not fight your enemy. Tell me.

See there is no pretence in Islam.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Idekeson(m): 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2006
babyosisi:

surah 47.

Idekeson:

Hmmmm. Strong motivation for zealots.

nuru:

Its strong motivation for realists. Why would you not fight your enemy. Tell me. See there is no pretense in Islam.

Who is your enemy? Unbelievers?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by nuru(m): 7:05am On Aug 01, 2006
The enemies are those described in Surat Buruj Chapter 85 Verse 10

" Those who persecute (or draw into temptation) the Believers, men and women, and do not turn in repentance, will have the Penalty of Hell: They will have the Penalty of the Burning Fire "

As for mere unbelievers that do not persecute, they are to be invited to Islam and if they persist in unbelieve, then we say to them

"For you is your religion and for me is mine" Surat Kafirun Chapter 109
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Idekeson(m): 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2006
nuru:

As for mere unbelievers that do not persecute, they are to be invited to Islam and if they persist in unbelieve, then we say to them
"For you is your religion and for me is mine" Surat Kafirun Chapter 109

Wonderful!!!! I wish that's the reality in the Muslim world. Too much anger and misplaced aggression overshadows rational thought which the above verse tend to promote.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ISAHO(m): 4:31am On Aug 02, 2006
Ever since i became a muslim, the Quran had been my source of inspiration. Whenever you open it you will always have something to learn from it. it encompasses all things in this world and its application is just so smooth and make me wonder why it is been misunderstood by some.
i cant say specifically which ayat or surah i love most but i can assur that whether the short or the long surah, you will always learn from it.
though am beginning to like the surat ikhlas because of its very precise conceptualisation of the Supreme Being, Allah.
May He continue to bless us all.

sallam alaikum.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by diyobdw(f): 7:41am On Aug 02, 2006
@ isaho.
peace be unto bro!
you sound like you converted from a religion could you share that if you don't mind? or May be private?
i love to learn from such conviction.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by nuru(m): 7:56am On Aug 02, 2006
It never cease to amaze me the wonderful Revelation of God called Al-Quran. Even till today, you read it and you hear Allah speaking to you directly.

There was a time in 1985, I was troubled over an issue and I decided to petition Allah with my request between Asri and Magrib, and I did. When it was time for Magrib,  I prayed with the Jamat in the Mosque. After the prayer, I just told myself why hurry back to the hostel ( I was in the University then), why not wait to say the Ishai before going back. So I decided to read the Quran and just opened any page that my hand flipped to. What did I see, my hand flipped to Surat Ibrahim Chapter 14  verse 34 and guess what I read out to myself
" And He giveth you of all that ye ask for. But if ye count the favors of Allah, never will ye be able to number them. Verily, man is given up to injustice and ingratitude. "

I knew instantly that that was Allah speaking to me and confirming acceptance of my petition. And it came to pass that my issue was resolved in an outstanding manner.

That is the Quran for you. The Noble Quran. The Glorious Quran. The Word of God.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by diyobdw(f): 8:34am On Aug 02, 2006
Does it happen to anyone like;
you have a question or issue and you read the quran and the anwser comes jumping at you like it was just writing?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2006
yeah diyo
i once had an oustass who always says that the Quran is the only complete book with all the possible answers to so many doubts in the world kiss
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 03, 2006
yeah answers jump out such as this.

Bukhari:V1B4N1229-33 “Aisha [who was 9] said, ‘I used to wash semen off the Prophet’s [who was 53] clothes. When he went for prayers I used to notice one or more spots on them.’”
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 2:27am On Aug 03, 2006
babyosisi:

yeah answers jump out such as this.

Bukhari:V1B4N1229-33 “Aisha [who was 9] said, ‘I used to wash semen off the Prophet’s [who was 53] clothes. When he went for prayers I used to notice one or more spots on them.’”

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wow so allah now "speaks" to muslims too? very soon there'll be little difference between it and christianity as a religion. so much copying.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by diyobdw(f): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2006
@davidylan
It has alway been like that is just that there has been little talk about the religion ISLAM!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by nuru(m): 9:13am On Aug 03, 2006
Non muslims dont know what they are missing in goodies.

Muslims have so much spiritual uplifting that its taken for granted and generally dont talk about it except in few compelling instances such as a forum like this. That's why whn we watch confession sessions on chrtian TV programs, we are not moved because what is with us is better and more complete. Afterall the yorubas will say 'Agba ofifo nindun ladunju - Empty barrels sound loudest '

I invite all of you out there who are non-muslims to embrace Islam today. Your life and hereafter will be guaranteed successful.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by yusuf1420(m): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2006
Sallam alykun, I must ve really achieved a lot by coming into this rm this morning.Ur postings are really intresting especially urs Zarah & above all u ple ve really given me challenges.I think i must really be serious with my memorization now, just hope Allah make it easier 4 me & stick to my brain 4 ever.
My favorite surah is Yusuf(May be b'cos that is name i bear) & Rahaman.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by yusuf1420(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2006
Davidylan,
D words in d holy quran are from Allah & re directed 2 us(we His creations) hence He is talking 2 us though not in dreams or through any "prophets" as u choose to call ur leaders (pastors).Definately there is no going to be any new similiarity btw the two rel, unless u guyz ve a change of mind or bend against ur principle but not we the muslims.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by zarah(f): 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2006
Thanks yusuf1420. pls try you will need it.

what is a sura? is the pretence idekeson came here with. and now this.

You guys please stop paying attension to this trouble maker's all they want to do is draw you into an argument, call you names, abuse ur belief, ur prophet and then call you terrorists, when you react. They are not christians no doubt about that. and they are not worth our time.

lets talk of our favourite ayah's please.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2006
salaam evrione

please lets ignore this troble makers as zarah said we are muslims and we are proud to be called so kiss
this is a topic for muslims to talk about our glorious book so lets just ignore them
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2006
without mincing words the greatest enemy of islam is davidylan. i wish everyone else to ignore him and carry on with the title of the thread.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 03, 2006
belloti,is this where you've been hiding ma friend.
getting some more incite with which to attack me on the other forums eh.
Where have you been? Mecca or Medina? lol.
Well take care,I better leave now since it looks like this is strictly for Muslims,
before Mukina2 turns to AK 47
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by diyobdw(f): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2006
i second you mukina2!!

there was this day i saw a movies that made me ask, why am i a muslim, i couldnt convince myself so i went to Da Quran and opened it randomly and i saw a convincing answer! Guess that why i still hold the faith smiley
Cant explain it much but i feeel it alot!!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2006
Babyosisi, you are very much welcomed here because some times you make sense. lol. i actually travelled, but not to mecca or medina, i went to the naija's holy land- Gusau- Zamfara state.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2006
@bellotti,Oh I see,Zamfara state is your naija holy land,that explains why the stupid governor ordered the demolition of so many Churches.
What state did Zamfara come out of,I've been away from Naija a long time.
I have a lot of Muslim friends and I love them dearly,what I hate is the hatred the average Muslim has for Christians demonstrated in Church burnings etc.and the intolerance and quickness to kill.

We can all coexist and be friends and learn from one another if only you guys can let that happen.
Sometimes we seem to be too hard and attack your faith,it's just because of what we see around us.
Go to the airports now,everyone is on edge when they see a passenger wearing a hijab accompanied by a bearded husband.
Of course most muslims are peace loving people but a large number are not and there are many of them.
You peace loving ones can spread that message and convert the 'bad ones' amongst you cuz the world is getting preety tired of all the killers and hoodlums amongst you.

The other thing many of you make the mistake of thinking everything American must be the Christian view.
That is so wrong,America was founded on Christian principles but it is a secular nation just like Turkey is secular though it's mainly Muslims.
So many Christians and secular people oppose the Lebanese killings,the maltreatment of women in sharia,the occupation of Israel and you see them daily condenming these acts.

We love you Muslims even though our beliefs may be different and we may seek to have you converted,it's never by force and it's all from a heart full of love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.