Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (64383 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by kiwi992(m): 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2008
Hi Frizy,

Frizy:

@Kiwi
Since you acknowledge that Allah's verse protected you, why don't you join the religion of Allah? That will be a great option. I said once on nairaland that I used to listen to music, I stopped eventually and whenever I listen now, I don't feel comfortable. It's just like I feel very dizzy. However, the Koran as a whole enhances concentration and thoughtfulness. Listening to something with all kind of harmonic sounds disturbs in mind. But regular music listeners wont acknowledge that, in fact they don't like listening to the Koran. So one is of God the other, Satans.

Yeah, you are quite right there.

However, to tell you the truth, I don't think that I'll be able to devote myself to the religion as most of you guys do.

Right now, I'm just being grateful to Allah for affording me the protection from jinn.  Everything in my house is cool and I've also managed to memorise the English translation of Ayatul Kursi.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

kiwi992.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by littleb(m): 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2008
@kiwi992,
kiwi992:

Hi Frizy,

Yeah, you are quite right there.

However, to tell you the truth, I don't think that I'll be able to devote myself to the religion as most of you guys do.

Right now, I'm just being grateful to Allah for affording me the protection from jinn.  Everything in my house is cool and I've also managed to memorise the English translation of Ayatul Kursi.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

kiwi992.

You really tried for memorizing the ayatal Qurisiy. However, you can still do more to your understanding why you need to be totally submissive to Almighty Allah. We have not much long time to realize this, while we regret when it become too late. So, please put more effort to your thinking and be prayerful for guidance. May almighty Allah assist you and people like you in general.
Thanks.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by kiwi992(m): 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2008
Hi LittleB,

Many thanks for the suggestion.

As I said, I won't be able to devote myself to the Moslem religion as you guys have done.  My wayward Western lifestyle is simply not suited to it.grin   

I think I'll just get myself an English Quo'ran at some point and read it whenever I can.  That'll do me.

kiwi992.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ifyalways(f): 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2008
Salam smiley
I have a very good friend that just lost the mum,shes so devastated sad sad well,i want to send her a gift,something that might help bring her back again and offer a little comfort and solace and shes a devout Muslim so i know encouraging words/quotes from the koran wud do the magic.Heres what i need now ;
quotes/verses from the Koran that wud offer comfort and encouragement to her.
it wud be greatly appreciated.thanks all.
smiley
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2008
Salam Ify

Inna Lilahi wa Ina Lilahi RaJihun meaning "To Allah we belong and to Him do we return. (2:156)"

for your pals mum smiley

when you visit her, Pray for her mum, This is a prayer that the Prohpet (saw) used " 'O Allah, forgive Abi Salamah, elevate his status among the guided people, and look after the family that he left behind. O Lord of the universe, forgive us and him, comfort him in his grave, and lighten his stay.'

You can use this same, where the Abi Salamah is you write her mum's name there.

Tell her to be patient and to accept it as the will of Allah.

Some other verses From the Quran

Allah(swt) says: "No disaster strikes except by Allah's permission, and whosoever believes in Allah, He guides his heart. Allah is the Knower of all things." The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 64, Verse 11.

Allah(swt) says: "But give glad tidings to the patient - those who, when afflicted with a calamity, say, "Truly, to Allah we belong; and truly, to Him will we return." It is those who will be awarded blessings and mercy form their Lord; and it is those who are guided." The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 2, Verses 155-157.

some du'as "prayers" smiley
Allahum maghfir lihayyina, wa mayyitinaa, wa shaahidina, wa ghaa-'ibina, wa sagheerina, wa kabeerina, wa dhakarrina wa untha. Allahumma man ahyaitahu mina fa ahyihi 'alal Islami wa man tawaf-faytahu mina fatawaffahu 'alal imani. Allahumma la tahrima arjahu wa la tudhillana ba'dahu

O Allah! Forgive our living and our dead, those who are with us and those who are absent, our young and our old, our men and our women. O Allah! Whomever you keep alive from us keep him alive on Islam, and whomever you take away from us, take him as a believer. O Allah! Do not leave us bereft of his good and do not send us astray after them

Allahumma inna [name the person] fi dhimmatika, wa habli jiwaarika, faqihi min fitnaltil qabri, qa adhaban-naari, wa anta ahlul Wafaa'i wal-Haqqi. Faghfir lahu warhamhu. Innaka antal Ghafurur-Raheem

O Allah! Surely [name the person] is under Your protection, and in the rope of Your security, so save him from the trial of the grave and from the punishment of the Fire. You fulfill promises and grant rights, so forgive him and have mercy on him. Surely You are Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by zayhal(f): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2008
Well done, Mukina, Jazakillah khayran.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ifyalways(f): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2008
@Mukinatu,thanks a million
Bisimillah Rahman Raheem. tongue
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2008
Bisimillah Rahman Raheem.

Bismillah Rahman Raheem means In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficient, the Most Merciful.

To show appreciation, you can say 'Jazakallahu Khayran' meaning May Allah reward you for the good or you say 'Shukran', meaning thanks. cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2008
ifyalways:

Bisimillah Rahman Raheem. tongue

LOL no wahala wink
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by MrCrackles(m): 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2008
mukina2:

wow! nabayi reminds me of when i was doing sa'ra. smiley

and you didnt invite me to the sa'ra?! embarassed
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2008
comot dere. tongue .i'll invite you to my daughter's own smiley

you'll have to wait until she can talk well sha grin

na only furah, kolanuts and prayers grin so if u are thinking of food sorry grin
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by MrCrackles(m): 11:14pm On Nov 15, 2008
Ok no wahala

Nah forget the food, i would just like to witness the ocassion

grin grin grin

I would also bring your daughter a nice present, an arsenal memorabilia! tongue
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2008
she has already been arsenalised ask those that have seen her grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin

she recognises anything arsenal well grin the way she calls it sha grin grin

well you'll have to wait small, na only Alif and Ba she dey do now tongue
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by MrCrackles(m): 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2008
Aaw

I am impressed

Jeez i cant even remember Alif, la, mim
!!! grin
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2008
you don swallow am all na grin tongue
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by NegroNtns(m): 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2008
My favorite chapter in the Quran - Al-Rahman.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 04, 2008
Testing
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mariamolat(f): 10:11am On Dec 18, 2008
I love Surat maryam and Surat yussuf
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by arramyjay: 9:50am On Dec 28, 2008
My Favorite is Surat al Fatiha.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by kheart(m): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2008
Salam to all of you, i am new guy here Abubakar by name.

My favorite surah in the quran is suratul Muhammad.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bt(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2009
i know that d reading of holy quran is a blessing,peace ,i love reading quran its my hobby .i pray allah bless every one of us
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bilms(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2009
bt.

nice talk.

may God bless you too
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Agbelepawo(m): 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2009
salam alaikum, it's nice thread i often proud to be muslim not just by name but who know the last scripture given to the last prophet MUhammed (SAW). i always go through Quran everyday but the amazed of it, is over 27 surah that really discuss about one name which is Musa, i feel excit anytime i come across this because am Musa . i like the entire surah in quran but the one i like most is surah maryam because it end with nice tune yaaaaaaaaa.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by justfash50: 10:37am On Feb 20, 2009
Salam Alaekum brothers and sisters in islam, May Allah grant us Aljannat for our tenacity and doggedness towards the deen.my best surah in the Holy quran is surah rahman.its a surah that makes my heart beat faster.masalam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2009
Two of some of my fave duas. Al Qunoot

Ayatur Kursi kiss
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Lagosboy: 12:08pm On May 13, 2009
I love surah Maryam and Surah Yusuf is just pregnant with many lessons ranging from family life to politics, to the fundametals of tawheed. Understanding the tafseer of the surah will blow away your mind.

Surah Tawba as well is a surah i love as it stipulates the ultimate means to the final destination.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by koolpal(m): 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2009
i love the whole Quran
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by shawn123: 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2009
Thought i was the only one that was in love with Suratul AL-Rahaman! There is something about that surah!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by babs787(m): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2009
Salam brother. I cry anytime I listen to Surah Ar-Rahman. Allahs tells How man has been ungrateful despite proving everyting FREE and which of His signs would you deny?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bobbyan(m): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2009
I so much love suratul (AL-AZHAB)
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by miftah: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2009
I can even tell,wat a beautiful words from ALLAH,I luv all,where will u read dat u will not luv,starting from Ummul Qur`an reach Suratul Nas, meeeeeeeen i always wonder hw he compiled the words,one not contradicting other and the beauty of HIS words.I LUV ALL.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Lagosboy: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2009
The beauty of the quran is each time you read some verses u have read several times it will be like you have never read it before. Truly its a reminder like how Allah kept saying it was in surah Qamar. chapter 54.

Another wonderful surah is surah hadid Chapter 57 not forgeting Waqiah Chapetr 56 . you will feel like being in jannah straight away. May Allah grant us all Jannah and i hope, wish and pray for Fridaus. Ameen

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.