Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (64391 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by deols(f): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2010
azharuddin:

. When he died, his wife was pregnant and soon gave birth to a son. When the boy grew older, his mother took him to a teacher who taught him to recite "Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem" and I felt that it would not be justice that this man's son was calling My Name and I was punishing his father in the grave.

This is a reason why anyone should marry a pious woman!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Harun90: 11:44pm On Jun 18, 2011
My favorite sura are Ar-Rahman and Maryam.

They are my favorites as in: I love reciting them and listening while Rashed Mishary recites them, beautiful.

Selam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by olawalebabs(m): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
Surah Rahman "fabi hayi alayi robiqu ma tuka ziba", which of his blessing will you deny?

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Wizurai: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2011
Assalamualaikum w.b.t from the east,

I'm guessing I'm an outsider here (being from Asia). I stumbled into this thread while Google-ing for more info on the 4 fake surahs that are currently being spread online ( 1. Al - Iman 2. Al - Wasaya 3. Al - Tasajud 4. Al - Muslimin), and felt compelled to simply register and post my opinion here.

I've read the first several pages of this thread, and am quite sad to read how some non-Muslim perceives Islam. Especially in the western world (for me anywhere past India and before Japan wink). We Muslims know the dangers of fake hadith and even Koran verses, because it's a fact. They are everywhere these days. If I was a non-Muslim reading these fake guides, there would be no reason as for why I'd want to even get close to Islam. I've also read about the injustice done to non-Muslims in certain parts of the world, with Islam being blamed for it. If only everyone had understanding of Islam through Koran (by reading all of it, and not claiming knowledge of Islam based on a single verse). Even during Prophet Muhammad's time non-Muslims lived peacefully under his reign. He even said if you hurt a non-Muslim under (a Muslim leader) protection unjustly, and it's like you hurt him (Prophet Muhammad) himself. Can't remember where I heard that though.

That being said, I'm even more grateful (Alhamdulillah) for the peace we have here (of course, still marred now and again by politics, but that's humans for you). I hope for the best for all of you out there.

Peace! : wink

ps: That being said, I have no single favourite verse in Al-Quran. Everytime I read any surah/ayat, I always get goosebumps from awe and amazement. Ayatul Kursi especially.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Mustay(m): 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
Wizurai:

I've read the first several pages of this thread, and am quite sad to read how some non-Muslim perceives Islam. Especially in the western world (for me anywhere past India and before Japan wink). We Muslims know the dangers of fake hadith and even Koran verses, because it's a fact. They are everywhere these days. If I was a non-Muslim reading these fake guides, there would be no reason as for why I'd want to even get close to Islam. I've also read about the injustice done to non-Muslims in certain parts of the world, with Islam being blamed for it. If only everyone had understanding of Islam through Koran (by reading all of it, and not claiming knowledge of Islam based on a single verse).

Welcome. Be warned that we do have fanatics and bigots here. Even when you try to discuss logically, they defy it. So just share in your knowledge peacefully for us to benefit from it.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by chakula: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
Mustay:

Welcome. Be warned that we do have fanatics and bigots here. Even when you try to discuss logically, they defy it. So just share in your knowledge peacefully for us to benefit from it.

ARE YOU FULLY BACK SIR?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Scash(f): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2011
my favourite verse is Q9 vs 51
"say, nothing shall happen to us except that which Allah has ordained. He is our Lord and protector and let all believers put their trust in Him"
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by deen4real7902: 5:14am On Jan 13, 2012
Allahu Akbar
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Pampers: 12:19am On Jan 14, 2012
This is d most beautiful thread av ever come across.My favorites r too many dependn on my mood.my favorit changes daily
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bntY: 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2012
my favorite is surah Yusuf.frm d wisdom in it to d way it's related.it's simply awesome
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 12:29am On Jan 16, 2012
smiley
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by BIGERBOY1: 11:21pm On Jan 17, 2012
My best VERSE is in ankabut which read[b]s "does mankind think they will be left alone to say 'we have faith' without being tested with afflictions and tribulations? Verily we have tested those who came before you so that Allah may know those who are truthful ( in their claims of faith) and those who are just liars"[/b]

The beauty of it is that some Muslims have developed these easy go easy come mentality or miracle mentality just like the CHRISTAINs. In that they believe if you are a good Muslim then trials will not affect you, or Allah makes u rich very healthy, and doesn't afflict u with anything.
Infact this verse tells us the opposite in that if you are a believer, be prepared for trials and tests in life as Allah puts it "so that We may see how you will react"
So the trials Muslims face in this country and this world as a whole is best responded to by what Allah say 'WA BASHIRI SABIRUN' (and give glad tidings to those who are patient)
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by deols(f): 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2012
^^^ the above. 9iceeee.

@ op, I also love-
Qul inna salaati wa nusuki wamahyaaya wamamaati lillahi rabbila'lameen.

say: Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the worlds. ( 6:162)
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by olawalebabs(m): 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
deols:

^^^ the above. 9iceeee.

@ op, I also love-
Qul inna salaati wa nusuki wamahyaaya wamamaati lillahi rabbila'lameen.

say: Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the worlds. ( 6:162)
I love the rhyme in that Ayah, it also put smiles in my face\.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by olasesi(m): 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
For me ,surah 26 shu'ara(the poets)
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by olasesi(m): 11:53pm On Jan 19, 2012
For me,I take surah 26,shu'ara (the poets)
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by tbaba1234: 5:42am On Jun 08, 2012
Surah Mulk- Very powerful, shows how helpless humans really are;
Surah Duha- Gives me hope all the time...
Surah Maryam- I can't get through it without crying.... Allahu Akbar... The rhythm changes only once... when Allah condemns the shirk of the christians.. Amazing Surah

In no particular order,

Surah Kahf:- There is reason why we are advised to read this every friday!! The stories address four tests we face in life:

Test of faith- Story of the cave;
Test of wealth- The rich man
Test of Knowledge- Musa and Khidr
Test of Power- Dhul-Qarnayn

We are given practical examples of how to deal with these tests...

JazakAllahu Khairan
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Zhulfiqar1: 4:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
this is a message to the moderator (Maclatunji) who is banning Shia members (including my senior brother "LagosShia") on the forum in a bid to silence them.you should know firstly that this forum isn't your father's property.even the owner appreciates the fact that the forum is a public forum.

you are abusing your mandate and portraying yourself as insane.May Allah (swt) hold you accountable for your tyranny online.you should know that we are many and if we wish,we can gather up to 100 members in this forum to make sure nothing but Islam as the Shia follow it in its pure form (not sunnism/wahhabism) prevails.

be mindful of Allah tabaraka.if you refuse to act responsibly,we'd make sure you get fed-up in moderating this forum.we'd turn it into a mess.your planned assault at a specific group of people is disgraceful.

i hope Seun sees this or if things do not change i'd make sure the nonsense prevailing here gets to his knowledge.i wonder what type of moderator take sides.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
^
why you posting it here?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2012
Wa aseeru qaulakum awijharu bihi,innahu alimu be zati sudur.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Harrypoter(m): 11:22pm On Sep 03, 2012
I so much luv d surah Al-Mulk
Followed by Yaseen!!!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 4:33am On Sep 05, 2012
90:4 Verily We have created man into toil and struggle.
Laqad khalaqna al-insana feekabadin
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 4:22am On Sep 09, 2012
My favourite surah is SURATUL RRAHMAN........

I hold that surah closest to my heart whenever am reciting it......I love it naturally and since d day i went through all d messages therein.........I have been all Happy with d promises of Allah(SWT)......It makes me Appreciate My Religion and My creator more........

Ohh....the Beautiful Aljanah is our Abode Insha'llah

See,
I love Ar-rhaman.......like...ahhhh.......whenever am reciting it.......thats d best thing in my Life @ dat moment......sweet pass food.......sweet pass sweetness sef!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!

Ar-Rahman .........Fasa-Bih Bi'sm Robika L'athem!!!!!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by khaady(f): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2012
belloti: Mukina, i just love this thread. It reminds be about the beauty of our holy Quran.

You know when Allah(SWT) said "Alam Ahad Ilaykum yah bani Adama, An lah ta a budu shaytan, " i love to hear that time and time again. Then ofcourse Suratul Rahman.
Suratul Rahman!Yes it always reminds me of the wonders of creation.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
asalam alaykum, nice to see this thread back. please help keep it here by posting regularly. events may come and go, but the Quran and our reactions to it are timeless. isn,t the Quran such a wonderful text. You think one verse is awesome, then some other day you see another and you are like wow! how did I miss that? in fact, a whole book can be written on a single Quranic verse. so if u see a verse that you like on this thread you can say what you like about it, or how it makes you feel, or an experience related to it that you had etc. or you can post a verse(s) and do likewise.

snubish: 90:4 Verily We have created man into toil and struggle.
Laqad khalaqna al-insana feekabadin
I love the above verse because I find myself referring to it at several moments when I consider the obstacles we have to face everyday in different aspects of life: health, finance, social, spiritual. "created in toil and struggle": the truest thing.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by tbaba1234: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2012
I just finished studying Surah an Nisa, to be honest, i was blown away... Trying to study the whole Quran before year-end.... Currently at Surah Tawbah....

So far Surah al baqarah and Surah an Nisa are my favorite so far... Such deep lessons for us..
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Abujabir24: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2012
It depends on the mood I am in. But my best surah is yusuf and maidah. In terms of tawhid, I love yunus, and mu'minun, in terms of love and marriage, I love baqarah, nisaai, rum, and tahrim. In terms of kindness, I love israi, ahqaf, luqman and nisaai. In terms of going to paradise, I love rahman, waqi'ah, muhammad, ra'ad. In terms staying away from hell, I love nazi'at, muddathir, abasa, dukhan. Kuwwirat. In terms of justice, I love nur, israai. In terms of nature, I love insan, tur, najm, qaf, dhariyat, in terms of stories and seerah, I love baqarah, yusuf, kahf, maryam, anbiya, daha, shuaara, naml, qasas, ankabut, and finally, in terms of Jihad, I love al imran, tawbah, anfaal, muhammad, fath, hujurat, qamar, rum.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2012
@tbaba, kindly tell us why you are particular about those chapters you stated.

@abujabir, you love the whole Quran mashAllah. pls be a little more specific, take 1 surah or ayah at a time with detailed reasons why. . .
ma salam.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by tbaba1234: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
Surah al Nisa is deals with social issues and loyalty to the messenger, those are the major themes.... What really blows my mind is the way everything are linked back to these two major themes, it is incredible stuff....

Surah Al baqarah introduces a new nation but before it does that it tells us about the mistakes of a previous nation, the same mistakes of the previous nation are made by muslims today.... I feel that if we learn the lessons taught, there will be a mild revolution in the ummah...
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
good tbaba, suratul Baqarah has a certain gravity about it. i find it difficult to smile after studying it. it also has the greatest verse i.e. the verse of The Throne:

2:255
Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him nor sleep.
His are all things in the heavens and on earth.
Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth?
He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth.
His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).

Allahu la ilaha illahuwa alhayyu alqayyoomu la ta/khuthuhusinatun wala nawmun lahu ma fee alssamawatiwama fee al-ardi man tha allatheeyashfaAAu AAindahu illa bi-ithnihi yaAAlamu mabayna aydeehim wama khalfahum wala yuheetoonabishay-in min AAilmihi illa bima shaawasiAAa kursiyyuhu alssamawati waal-ardawala yaooduhu hifthuhumawahuwa alAAaliyyu alAAatheemu.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
80:34 That Day shall a man flee from his own brother,
Yawma yafirru almaro min akheehi

80:35 And from his mother and his father,
Waommihi waabeehi

80:36 And from his wife and his children.
Wasahibatihi wabaneehi

80:37 Each one of them, that Day, will have enough concern (of his own) to make him indifferent to the others.
Likulli imri-in minhum yawma-ithinsha/nun yughneehi.

the verse in bold about a man fleeing from his own brother[surah Abasa] is another ayah that fills me with fear. I have 2 brothers that I love to death, and when I read this verse I start to wonder how terrifying that Day would be. Our Lord, have mercy on us.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by snubish: 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
a wonderful verse to remind us of the Signs around us:

2:164
Behold! in the creation of the Heavens and the Earth;
in the alternation of the night and the day;
in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind;
in the rain which Allah sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead;
in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth;
in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;
(here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise.

Inna fee khalqi alssamawatiwaal-ardi waikhtilafi allayli waalnnahariwaalfulki allatee tajree fee albahri bimayanfaAAu alnnasa wama anzala Allahumina alssama-i min ma-in faahyabihi al-arda baAAda mawtiha wabaththa feehamin kulli dabbatin watasreefi alrriyahiwaalssahabi almusakhkhari bayna alssama-iwaal-ardi laayatin liqawminyaAAqiloona

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.