Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48630 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
@dayokanu,
Tinubu is an accountant hmmmmm with a question mark cos there was an issue with his school remember? Koro does not hide d fact that he is a politician and that he has buisness interest in so many fields such as agriculture, haulage @ least I know those two. Lately he is invoved in real estate. I particularly did not hv beef with fashola but with tinubu. Fashola is doing well fine but I am sure he would have done better. Are u aware of Alpha beta? What abt the politics behind lekki epe express way? What about LCC? Then u might surely have a re think? Have u ever wondered Y tinubu is not favourable disposed to Fasholas 2nd term? Till today fashola has not declared his ambition because of Tinubu. Guy it is not as it seems o
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
As per koros 2 DOBs really I don't know that but believe me if the press in naija can carry news in naija with pictures that charly boy and Denrele Edun are lovers den nothing is impossible to believe but really I am not aware of d 2 DOBs
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ Dapo Lam, It is interesting to see how you have the guts to take on peeps on the internet - more so in the notoriously shark-infested waters of Nairaland. Your thick-skin and endurance in spite of the excoriating criticisms is also noteworthy.

Being that I happen to be quite familiar with your 'activities' during your days in UI as the governors son, I reckon that I am sufficiently qualified to say one or two things about some of the 'allegations' against you on this forum.

For one, it must be admitted that you had a good time in school. The perks, privileges, and advantages that can be associated with a Nigerian governor's son did not elude you in any way (and it will amount to unbridled hypocrisy and bad-belle for anyone to suggest that you should have had a difficult life in spite of your dad's status). You drove nice -enough cars - Vee Boot, 96' model e-class, 406. You threw a few nice parties, vacationed overseas, rolled with a couple of hotties, and did all that a youthful child of privilege ought to do. However, I know that there were other 'ordinary' yahoo boys and others back then in UI who drove more expensive cars and spent more than you. I also happen to have known a few other governors' sons at close quarters, and I can tell the massive difference between their lifestyles and yours. There is a marked distinction between comfort and obscene indulgence. While your lifestyle in school was certainly one of comfort, it definitely wasn't one of obscene indulgence - unlike that of the other governors' sons I know.

I noticed a certain restraint, a certain discipline, a certain limit in financial capacity or perhaps a certain inability to overindulge yourself with more 'lau lau' due to some reason(s). This, I assume, must have been occasioned by either of two factors: (1) a habitual disinclination for overindulgence and wastefulness, or (2) a genuine limitation in resources due to the 'caution' exercised by your dad in his dealings with the state treasury. Either way, the fact that you spent 4 years as the governor's son in a school located in your power-base, and yet was able to exercise considerable restraint in your spending and lifestyle is sufficient for me to declare that you are not unfit to vie for public office. Being that no one is a 'saint', and I definitely wouldn't be trekking about broke if my dad were governor too, your actions and inactions as a governor's son are not atrocious enough as to cast a permanent slur on your integrity and eligibility for public office. On the contrary, your 'notorious' frugality (just like your dad's) is a good quality that might assure the electorate that you would always apply 'caution' in dealing with funds meant for 'constituency projects'.

To cut my long grammar short, the bottom line is that there is nothing wrong with your political ambition since your antecedents and character do not render you unfit for public office. Indeed, I'll be quite pleased to address you as Honorable Adesina and watch you do UI proud in the green chamber of the NASS. You have my support.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ TKB
i just feel say u no need all those yans about your homeboys past,we all have our past oh,i sure say u sef be baddoooo for ife grin grin grin grin grin
i just felt u and DK come way back.
@ DK
he don do you sef ahn ahn !!!!!!lol ADONIYAN!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tolu001: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
1. Yes, cos those u oppressed just cos of the "my father is the governor syndrome " then would have sought redress in the law court if we are in a country where there is true justice. Then you should know where u would have  been by now.

2. The person that defecated inside a church can forget but the person that packed it can never forget. Those u slapped for no just reason and those that are victims of ur numerous manners of oppression are still alive watching you. And you remember that your father was in support of ur atrocities then that he even said on a state owned TV that u have have suffered enough and u should be allowed to enjoy urself by oppressing people ur father was meant to be their CSO; and that's one of te reasons  ur father failed to secure his second term bid cos of most of his careless and unguarded uttterances.

3. Now tell me what manner of leadership should we expect from you (the son)when ur father himself failed on more than 90% of his electoral promises, retrenched a lot of workers, failed to pay salaries as at when due and a whole lots more

It is worthy of note that i do not have anything against you or your father, but what men do today will be history tomorrow and shall be used to judge them. Truth hurts,

Meanwhile, your becoming anything is not only in the hands of God but also in the hands of men cos u not going to lead God but men and God has given men the power to decide who govern them ,
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Madejibo,

So Koros profession is Politics? That means he has always made his means of livelihood from govt.

At least we know Tinubu worked for Arthur Andersen, GTE and also Mobil.

What has Koro done before aside being an area boy
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
1. Yes, cos those u oppressed just cos of the "my father is the governor syndrome " then would have sought redress in the law court if we are in a country where there is true justice. Then you should know where u would have been by now.
the man asked you to say how he committed crime against the laws of the land

we are waiting for the sins he committed. I am very interested
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
The person that defecated inside a church can forget but the person that packed it can never forget. Those u slapped for no just reason and those that are victims of your numerous manners of oppression are still alive watching you. And you remember that your father was in support of your atrocities then that he even said on a state owned TV that u have have suffered enough and u should be allowed to enjoy urself by oppressing people your father was meant to be their CSO; and that's one of te reasons your father failed to secure his second term bid cos of most of his careless and unguarded uttterances.
@Dapolam

you have been accused of slapping people on the streets anyhow

how true is that?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
femilangy:

@ TKB
i just feel say u no need all those yans about your homeboys past,we all have our past oh,i sure say u sef be baddoooo for ife grin grin grin grin grin
i just felt u and DK come way back.

no probs bros

nothn do you. But me i no be bad guy oh grin grin grin grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2010
Wonder (4ce) Wonder(4ce) till you come to wonder land, Hehehehehehe

1.It is obvious Tolu001 has played to the gallery once again.I never for once when my father was governor or after fought publicly nor slapped anyone.I fought physically last when I was in Government College Ibadan and for those who know me,they always pity cos I was always been bullied.

There was a time my car was hit by a driver on campus and I did not even wait to check the damage because I know immediately I drop people might start to think oh maybe cos he is a guvs son,He wants to chance the driver.I drove away and unknowingly the owner of the car who was in the car asked the driver to pursue me.I stopped at Faculty of Arts and the man dropped,asked for my name and after I told him,He said i am proud of you.He is the famous Mr Laolu Ogunniyi.

I wonder where the issue of oppression comes from?

2.On the issue of My father's comments,i wonder where you heard your own version cos recently someone too came on facebook to claim it was my mother, Hearsayssssssss all the way.It is untrue.

On my fathers performance,I guess he would be in a better position to answer that.

Thank you and God bless always.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
'Funlola Adesina Thank you jare General! Not even the guy that had an issue with police and the mother said they should leave him that he has suffered before. Leave matter o! The father does not enjoy enough goodwill to make him anoint his son.
Yesterday at 11:44am · LikeUnlike.

Dapo Lam Adesina This is a birthday gift from you all.

Firstly let me thank you all for the concern and the fact that you didnt ignore the name.

1.My egbon Genearll Adeboyee Ojo,I think at this stage we must base our criticism on my capability,what I have to , offer and state of mind and not on what my father did.Like I always say a time is coming in this nation when the people would decide/Judge our former leaders and see who actually served them and the ones that stole their money.

So I will rather let that question of what my father did to be answered by him and judged by the people.While I face my destiny.

2.My brother, Funlola,There is a part of the Holy Bible/Quran that says one should not lay false claims on a fellow human being.Also there is a part that says Do not lie.The first applies to you while the second to my humbe self and I explain.

There was never a time that I was arrested by the police and the comments came up.It is too obvious that you heard hearsays and never confirmed before placing them here.There are other versions of that particular rumour but it is not important.

What is important is I was never arrested by the police as claimed by people which you just joined.Some said I was driving under the influence of Alchool,I have never taken alchool in my life.

Some said I was smoking,I have never smoked in my life.

Some said I had an accident,I have only had an accident when I was in Secondary school with my mothers Volkswagon and it was in 1994,While my father became guv in 1999.

I was never arrested by the police.

My mother never said they should leave me that I had suffered enough and all the secrets behind this came out during the impeachment of Senator Ladoja,when Late Alh Adedibu said publicly that they used all sorts of allegations to rig Lam Adesina out.He publicly mentioned all what they said about me too to tilt public opinion in their bid to install Senator ladoja and he asked for forgiveness publicly.

It is the dirty game they play in Ibadan and we are used to it.

To clear any doubt about all I have said above,I swear publicly here like I always do that if any of the above statements from me is a falsehood,God Almighty should punish me accordingly but if it is the truth,God should let the success I have made so far concerning our ambition be small compared to what will come.

God bless us all.

DLA 2010.See More
Yesterday at 1:17pm · LikeUnlike.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olafolarin(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2010
This guy has done enough to explain himself to NL sharks.
He didn't even do anything while in UI compared to what some folks will do.
I think we all need this guys support instead of the "Pull-Him-Down Syndrome" going on here.

@Femilangy

You need divine intervention, URGENTLY.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tolu001: 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2010
@dapolam Anyway, like i have stated earlier, i dont have anything "personal" against you or your dad. All i've said are not just ear-says but we can just leave it at that since the evils men do shall surely live after them.

Meanwhile, i think you have a load full of work to do on ur PR bases on past antecedents.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2010
[b][/b]mr.Dapo adesina,coud u send me email on ademolaadeoye@hotmail.com thank u.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by MiKenny(f): 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2010
Dapo, I may not have contributed to this post but I have been following it since inception. I must confess that I am overwhelmed by your articulation and your stance on what you believe is the truth. I wish you all the best in your future endeavour and the change you crave for.

Sure, the changes may require you to utilize your public relations skills when people inevitably ask you, “What happened?” But like any good P.R. representative, you’ll already have your response prepared based on the information that you choose to release to the public. They don’t have to know everything about why you decided to make changes in your plan; but what they should know is that you’ve taken the steps in order to put yourself in an even better position to achieve your goal.

Have a blessed day.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by hakeem46: 11:09am On Dec 27, 2010
I have to say I admire the man's ability to engage people and confront those with contrary opinion. However, he needs to work on articulating his policies and position better. Good luck to Nigeria.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by uchetobi(f): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2011
Just stumbled on this thread, honestly, Dapo Lam has impressed me, by engaging people meaningfully and defending himself objectively.

I always had this impression of him being a spoilt brat who couldn't compose a coherent statement but i guess i'v been proved wrong.

nice one men and good luck with your campaign
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by FADAKA: 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2011
@The end , DapoLam lost House of Rep Election.
This is where it all BEGAN, NairaLand our own "CNN"!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
This is the end of this discussion that started 3 years ago.

Dapolam eventually contested under ACN and lost to Accord Party. Interestingly, ACN won many seats in Oyo, but lost Dapo's constituency to Ladoja's party.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Lagosboy: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2011
What a sad end sad

The guy is young anyway, still has a lot of time to bounce back.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by kobomoje(m): 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
I want to thank everyone who stood on the side of truth.

, Eni a wi fun oba je o gbo.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
Dayokanu dey laff ooooooo
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by OpsE1: 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
best news so far. oun na fe joba nile yi ko nile bomi ni o!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by debosky(m): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2011
Without having anything personally against Dapo Lam, I'm glad he didn't win.

No clear articulation of his own views beyond the fact that his father was an ex-governor.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by slimshay(m): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
Debo why will he win? Abi how will he get to expantiate on his ideologies when all people like DK bothered to hammer on was where did he make his money and why was he snatching wives reh reh reh. grin

DK why you dey laff . As at the time he tried to give concise answers to allegations. Did you do the perceived right thing, seeing that on the same forum he was accussed he did try to explain himself? What stopped you fro at least acknowledging the answers he gave? And move on to more important issues.

Anyways I dont know the guy from Adam, pele die, but good luck to Accord and their singular presence in Ibadan.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
You mean listen to the trash of how he started a cyber cafe and oil company with "gifts" from dads friends?

Thank God Ibadan ppl were wise.

Do you think Oyo-Ibadan ppl are forgetful? A guy whose father was governor and his extravagant lifestyle became a topic for discussion on State media even on TV yet his parents said "They have suffered enough let them enjoy now"

My family is from Oyo and I advocated that they vote Accord though next weekend we are for ACN- BB2011

Aji sebi Oyo laari Oyo ki i se bi baba enikan
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by holu27: 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2011
The deeds of men will always live after them. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by slimshay(m): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2011
Again I dont know the guy from Adam. However, DK there are certain rules of engagement on NL, where heresay and rumors are presented as fact. On those basis alone, he cleared himself. I noticed after his articulated responses you were no more pointed in your allegations. Until now that he has lost. Hail the power of Nairaland sha.

DK I will not go into the politics of Oyo, you are well versed than I am. I was in Ibadan last weekend. And not a few people think Ladoja is just out for revenge. If it is true, well good luck to them, seeing how popular he is. And God help them when its time for development.

But my preference of course is ACN, why shouldnt they enjoy what we are 'enjoying' in Lagos. Ibadan is the dirtiest capital amongst other things that I have ever seen in my life, and I have seen more than a few too.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by kobomoje(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Dayo: Glad to hear from you again sir!
Victory @last grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kilode1: 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
I just saw that Bawomolo was one of the first posters to fire some good questions at him, I still miss that brotha's comments.

I don't know much about Dapolam though. I hope the winner will serve his constituency well or get fired as well. we need to have deep impatience for laggards. I wish dapolam well in future endeavors as long as he's ready to serve his people well.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by damola1: 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2011
when all your political opponents were busy pushing for votes out there, you came here to speak to Nigerians that are not even in Ibadan,   cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Tinubu's Supporters "Hail" Him As He Walks Through The Airport (Video) / Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.