Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public (2101 Views)

Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / N1Million Placed On Ram Fights In Lagos / Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya: Son's Side Of The Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by emmablow11(m): 8:21am On Sep 28, 2008
Why are our politicians disgracing us, see this guy ooh, not only that,even the Nigerian High Commisioner to Malaysia is another example, he comes to a hotspot where Nigerians hangout,drink 4 odeku(big stout) and 2 plate of psoup,then go home with girls for his, he even asked my ex-gf out and has almost flexed all the black girls here, but he does nothing to protect Nigerian interest here,im not beefin his lifestyle but he should do his job and not carry dat big belly of his around lookin for young grls to devor, now read ,

THE Nigerian High Commissioner to Namibia, His Excellency Ambassador Prince Adegboyega Christopher Ariyo, shocked guests when he initiated a fistfight at a high profile gala dinner, attended by Namibian and Nigerian dignitaries for busines networking.

The fight at the gala dinner-turned-boxing-match, erupted when Ambassador Ariyo physically booted fellow Nigerian citizen and Windhoek resident, Debo Ogunbiyi, from the Safari Hotel and Conference Centre last Wednesday, claiming that he was not invited.

Efforts by Ogunbiyi to explain to the Ambassador that co-organiser of the event, the Association of Nigerians in Namibia, had invited him to the function, proved fruitless. Seething with anger, the Ambassador, allegedly grabbed Ogunbiyi pushed him to the floor and pinned him down whilst pummelling him.

Stunned guests including officials from the Namibian Ministries of Finance, Information and Technolgy and Education, and their Nigerian counterparts including some Nigerian State governors, watched in disbelief as Embassy Staff rushed to pull their Ambassador off Ogunbiyi.
Despite being overpowered by the combined efforts of His Excellency, Prince Ariyo and the Embassy Staff, Ogunbiyi managed to throw a few punches in the air before fleeing the scene.
Ambassador Ariyo confirmed that he kicked Ogunbiyi, whom he recognised as a Nigerian citizen at the event, claiming that he had been in the wrong place.
“I had important people including Ambassadors at the event, and I could not keep him. This was an event organised by the High Commission and I made provisions for only 80 people, and he was not invited,” he said.

An official of the Association of Nigerians in Namibia, who witnessed the incident, confirmed that Ogunbiyi was invited.
“For the first time, I hate being a Nigerian – and for the Ambassador and Embassy Staff to physically remove me from the event – shame on them,” Ogunbiyi fumed.
Ogunbiyi said he attended the event not for fun but rather to network and check on opportunities available.

“What’s wrong with a Nigerian attending an event organised using Nigerian taxpayer’s money. Is my Embassy, an institution that’s supposed to protect me, now telling me that I cannot meet with my fellow citizens?”
The following Thursday when Ogunbiyi went to the Windhoek Police Station to report the case, he said that the police turned him away, claiming that the Ambassador enjoys diplomatic immunity and therefore cannot be prosecuted.

According to Sunday Sun findings, this is not the first time Ambassador Ariyo had caused public embarrassment for his country. In an earlier Informante expose, he was reported as one of the ‘dozing diplomats and politicians’ during President Hifikepunye Pohamba’s important and legislated State of the Nation address to Parliament.

Before going to press there were several attempts by the victim, Ogunbiyi, and officials of the Association of Nigerians in Nambibia to gag the story. They claimed that an urgent meeting with the Ambassador was held where “the matter has been solved.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/sept/28/national-28-09-2008-001.htm
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2008
nawahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by keba(m): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2008
These so called illiterate politicians won't stop disgracing Nigeria where
ever they go. How could any sensible, credible and responsible representative
of a nation fight publicly in a high class social gathering I just can't
understand these politicians. I think he should be redeployed and given a
motor park in Abuja, Lagos, Owerri to manage shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by Pennywise(m): 10:39am On Sep 28, 2008
My guy, how do you think he got to that position? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 28, 2008
how come motor park at owerri  ?
SHAME THIS OFE NMMANU people SELF
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by idupaul: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2008
this story is very old and has been previously captured on another board.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by Truequest(m): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2008
When the likes of Mpele comes on to tell it to us the way we are, some will be shouting ban him! ban him!
The sad aspect is that in a country as big as we are, with all human resources it is endowed with we can only
present touts and mediocres to the world. How will you and I claim that we are sane.
Just two days ago I was a fraud suspect for trying to use my own prepaid mastercard , note prepaid not credit card. God help us
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by bilymuse: 11:09am On Sep 28, 2008
l tire for this Yoruba people self
how come they nominate area boy to be ambassador
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by doncaster(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2008
That Ambassador use to work with Orile-Mile 2 bus stop.
Them dey call am baba Riyo for that axis. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by magentam(f): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2008
Why the surprise. Haven't you seen our leaders throw away their sokoto to fight in the house of assembly? Why will an ambassador not rack too? They are all small minded people, Shikina!
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by Jakumo(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2008
emmablow11:

The fight at the gala dinner-turned-boxing-match, erupted when Ambassador Ariyo physically booted fellow Nigerian citizen and Windhoek resident, Debo Ogunbiyi, from the Safari Hotel and Conference Centre last Wednesday, claiming that he was not invited.

Seething with anger, the Ambassador, allegedly grabbed Ogunbiyi pushed him to the floor and pinned him down whilst pummelling him.

Stunned guests including officials,  watched in disbelief as Embassy Staff rushed to pull their Ambassador off Ogunbiyi.
Despite being overpowered by the combined efforts of His Excellency, Prince Ariyo and the Embassy Staff, Ogunbiyi managed to throw a few punches in the air before fleeing the scene.

An ambassador with hand-to-hand fighting expertise should be considered an ASSET to Nigeria, and not a liability. 

By demonstrating his wrestling take-down technique in the full glare of the media, Nigeria's grappling pugilist of an ambassador only sought to consolidate his glorious homeland's reputation as a hallowed training ground where warriors are forged from wimps, and where immediate and massive physical retaliation awaits any person who speaks ill of Nigeria.

I do remain both concerned and perplexed that the man in the Red Corner, Grand Master Ogunbiyi, was only able to boast of throwing a few appallingly aimed sissy-punches into empty air, after bragging so convincingly about his black-belt in Gung Fu which he claimed to have earned at the legendary Nigerian House of Assembly Dojo in Abuja, a place where so many of Nigeria's top martial artists honed their skills. 

Shame on you Grand Master Ogunbiyi, for FLEEING THE SCENE after such an abysmal performance.  Such cowardice under fire marks you as a disgrace to the race.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by keba(m): 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2008
Jakumo:

I do remain both concerned and perplexed that the man in the Red Corner, Grand Master Ogunbiyi, was only able to boast of throwing a few appallingly aimed sissy-punches into empty air, after bragging so convincingly about his black-belt in Gung Fu which he claimed to have earned at the legendary Nigerian House of Assembly Dojo in Abuja, a place where so many of Nigeria's top martial artists honed their skills.

Shame on you Grand Master Ogunbiyi, for FLEEING THE SCENE after such an abysmal performance. Such cowardice under fire marks you as a disgrace to the race.
ROFLMAO
I NOMINATE JAKUMO FOR THE POST OF HIGH COMMISIONER TO NAMIBIA FOR HIS FIGHTING PROWESS.
SHOW YOURSELF AND DON'T DISAPPOINT NIGERIA WHEN YOU GET THERE grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by Jakumo(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2008
Thank you Keba for this nomination.

Although I am officially retired from active participation in the pugilistic sciences, I would gladly serve as a coach to Nigeria's up and coming foreign service professionals, in order that our national pride shall never again be tarnished in the way Grand Master Ogunbiyi did when he bolted from the arena of battle like the Chicken Little he turned out to be.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by keba(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2008
More grease to elbows, coach Jakumo wink
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by Mpele(m): 7:36am On Sep 29, 2008
LOL! Tell me if this not barbaric. Or we can say His majesty Mr ambassador had to much to drink. Why would a former boxer be an ambassador.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by ikeyman00(m): 7:48am On Sep 29, 2008
more gun smoking in south africa if that took place in your country. u know what i mean
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by davidif: 9:47am On Sep 29, 2008
he he abi iru osi wo leleyi ha ha ha.

@jakumo
ha ha ha, no make them pursue from computer lab abeg na 3:51 at night.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by iceland(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2008
Touts in da streets . . . .touts in da goverment house . . .touts now represents us
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by Kobojunkie: 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2008
iceland:

Touts in da streets . . . .touts in da goverment house . . .touts now represents us

now? roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2008
what do u expect when touts are running the affairs of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by ifyalways(f): 1:02am On Sep 30, 2008
doncaster:

That Ambassador use to work with Orile-Mile 2 bus stop.
Them dey call am baba Riyo for that axis. grin grin grin grin
rotflmao cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by otokx(m): 8:23am On Sep 30, 2008
he might just be promoted to the position of minister of foreign affairs
Re: Nigerian Ambassador Fights In Public by ashleign: 1:27am On Oct 01, 2008
I'm sure yaradua would have deployed him into an aso rock cleaner by now grin
Some people are shameless

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Danjuma Snub Each Other At Airport / UN Has Not Been Informed Of Arrests In Nigerian Bombing / Is PDP Afraid Of Sanctioning Tambuwal & Ihedioha?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.